Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Yes Ben, you have to have access to an open fire, the cartridge goes in there when it is up to full operating temperature, you then record what happens with any modern digital device capable of such a task as the contents of the DLT will be displayed in the viewing aperture of said open fire.

Post the vid here, 1080p minimum please, thankyou.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I thought the music stuff was done, or is Chris still forcing that one dude to redo everything over and over again?

He probably won't let him score stuff that is spoilery like the track "death of an Oldman" until the last possible second. You don't want to have another Qui-Gon situation in a work as anticipated as star citizen.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Wing Commander! WING COMMANDER! WING COMMANDER!

Ben, now that I have your attention here is how you deal with DLT tapes: http://bfy.tw/Am3M

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

trucutru posted:

Wing Commander! WING COMMANDER! WING COMMANDER!

Ben, now that I have your attention here is how you deal with DLT tapes: http://bfy.tw/Am3M

That's not a picture of an industrial shredder

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!
2.6.2 is out to evocati

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

2.6.2 is out to evocati

Holy poo poo! What does it include?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

trucutru posted:

Squadron 42 and Universe, I'll bet, since they were near complete last time anyone checked

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
No, wait, I just checked the schedule and it includes "Gamecode", "Network" and "UI".

quote:

Network:

There have been improvements in some areas of the Serialized Variable work, but other parts are not performing as well as we would like. The network team are continuing to work through these issues

Mmm, yes, I see.

quote:

UI:

The UI team have identified further bug fixes to the Main Menus and some more general gameplay bugs that they are aiming to fix

A big step forward.

quote:

Gamecode:

Gamecode have been needed to assist in fixing further bugs causing their original completion date to slip out by a few days

I am impressed!

trucutru fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Mar 22, 2017

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ManofManyAliases posted:

2.6.2 is out to evocati

after $15,000,000 and six months backers are finally getting the features that were supposed to be in the six month delayed 2.5

All of which is re-arranging the deck chairs on an engine they should never have used.

:smugjones:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

trucutru posted:

quote:

2.6.2 is intended to be a further bugfixing/polish patch with the main aim of improving the player experience, and building upon the foundations for features we introduced in 2.6.0, and built upon in 2.6.1. What we have represented in the schedule below are the smaller improvements to improve the player experience

Star Marine
Bugfixing

We are aiming to make various fixes to Level Art, Animation, Audio, Props, EVA, and Weapons to improve polish in all the Star Marine environments

Network
Serialized Variable

This was moved out of 2.6.1 due to the remaining bug fixing time requiring more attention than anticipated

Multiplayer Mega Map

This is the second part of the Mega Map feature and will work similarly to the Singleplayer modes, but is intended to reduce load times for the Multiplayer modes

UI
Bug Fixing/Front End Polish

The UI team have identified further bug fixes to the Main Menus and some more general gameplay bugs that they are aiming to fix

Support for Non 16:9 Resolutions

We are aiming to support non-16:9 screen resolutions to give users a greater visual feel based around their preferred hardware setup

Arena commander Ship Customizer Fixes

Based on feedback and our own internal observations, the UI team are aiming to give a smoother customization experience to players

Arena Commander/Star Marine Lobby Fixes

As with the above the UI team also identified fixes they would like to make in the Arena Commander lobbies

Gamecode
Bugfixing

The Gamecode team are aiming to make further bug fixes to the spectator and camera system, as well as looking to address the intermittent framerate drops during Vanduul swarm and issues with Arena Commander pickups

Basically, sweet gently caress all.

Business as usual, keep doing what you're doing, etc

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Colostomy Bag posted:

Not often a post on the official forums makes me really lol but this one got me.

This level of stupid is contagious, and is best stored in a sealed jar. Then tossed into the ocean of tears.

Ghostlight posted:

He's not lying, he's just being a retarded pedant over the fact that anybody earning a large amount of money invariably launders it so their on-the-book salary is as low as possible.

:perfect:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

trucutru posted:

You had to go an ask, didn't you?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//15653-Star-Citizen-Alpha-260

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//15743-Star-Citizen-Alpha-261

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

Hint: Fuckall.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

2.6.2 is out to evocati

MoMA, I have been informed by multiple people, including space video game developers, that 2.6.2 includes -and I quote- "gently caress all". From your elevated perspective as an informed citizen and knowledgeable investor, would you agree with such an assessment?

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

quote:

Fixed an issue where it was possible for the rings or Port Olisar to get added to the physics grid of a ship and behave oddly

"Oddly." Can't wait to see how they inadvertently hosed it up even worse.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

big nipples big life posted:

lol if you think your money isn't paying for Croberts to have his own personal historian.

I would die if Croberts pulled a Ross Ulbricht‎ and there was a literal my_crimes.txt on his computer. Or better yet... Ben!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBdGOrcUEg8

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

MeLKoR posted:

I would die if Croberts pulled a Ross Ulbricht‎ and there was a literal my_crimes.txt on his computer. Or better yet... Ben!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBdGOrcUEg8

Chris really does seem like the type to have a 'top secret do not open' folder on his desktop

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

2.6.2 is out to evocati

How fun is 12v12 Star Marine?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ManofManyAliases posted:

2.6.2 is out to evocati

:downsowned:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

evocati, a concept so brilliant that only star citizen could have conceived of it

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
2.6.2 is now safely in the hands of the super secret butt saluting club in the most open developed game of all times, gentlemen, prepare your anuses

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I don't care about jailtime etc I just want to see Chris Roberts in court saying he didn't understand game development to save his own rear end with plausible deniability.

This is ok with me too. There may never be anything more than getting them to eat their own words and publicly admit defeat, but that's ok with me. My hopes are low at best. Not sure we'll even get a good lawsuit out of it once the money is gone, but eh!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Some of the backers are so unhinged we won't need a legal battle for some funny fireworks

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, time to make some bets. After 2.6.2 is released to the plebeians, by how many weeks do you think they'll be late in unveiling the next schedule?

Also, what is next in open development: 2.6.3, 2.7.0, or a gutted 3.0?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

big nipples big life posted:

The MVP is the option with the most comedy potential. Seeing people defend a terrible, buggy mess of a game they have tens of thousands "invested" in will keep SC funny for a long time.

Is it better to have years of moderate comedy? Or a few amazing months of over the top hilarity and salt?

I'm still hoping for a massive flame out shitstorm but I acknowledge that a total pile of poo poo MVP that soldiers on for years is more likely.

I guess it really depends on how long the servers actually stay up for the MVP. If it's ~2-3 years or less you will probably get the slow burn comedy PLUS the massive flame out comedy at the end of it. If it's 5+ years the dying gasps won't be nearly as entertaining.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

eonwe posted:

5th post

:eonwe:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Sabreseven posted:

Basically, sweet gently caress all.

2.6.2 is intended to be a further bugfixing/polish patch with the main aim of improving the player experience, and building upon the foundations for features we introduced in 2.6.0, and built upon in 2.6.1. What we have represented in the schedule below are the smaller improvements to improve the player experience

I've been told by the experts on reddit that polishing doesn't occur until the end of development. I guess CIG just doesn't understand game development.

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here
2.6.3 announcement in 2 weeks

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here
This game is totally getting done soon.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Well for fucks sake, now the internet will crash with the 10 backers that will download the patch.

Amazing how the patcher creates one hundred more times the connections than the game ever will.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Foo Diddley posted:

Star Citizen: Too much money has been invested for it to be a con

Bernie Madoff was innocent this whole time.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

tastychicken posted:

This game is totally getting done soon.

I'm hyped

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ComfyPants posted:

"Oddly." Can't wait to see how they inadvertently hosed it up even worse.

Oh it will be epic. That ring is the gift that keeps on giving. And it's been hosed up in some fashion or another since the pee-you went live in Dec 2015.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/60r3i4/alpha_262_ptu_status_evocati_testing/

Dolvak calling out TheAgent for BS midway through the thread. Whoever has control, do some damage control.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

trucutru posted:

No, wait, I just checked the schedule and it includes "Gamecode", "Network" and "UI".

Mmm, yes, I see.

A big step forward.

I am impressed!

So basically this...

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/7135504/#Comment_7135504

I have no idea how this person was in a position to present the game to a crowd of 300 CS freshmen, although that sounds a lot like the sort of thing a professor or lecturer would be doing. If that is the case, :allears: :allears:

PSA: please do not doxx

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
New set of leaks incoming

2.6.2 won't hit non-evocati until mid-May at the earliest. Blockers will be blamed.

Ben's next few history vids are so dry that Chris needed a glass of water just to listen to his priest.

Chris is apparently mad at Ben for falling asleep during a meeting after no mention of Wing Commander was made after 5 minutes.

"If 3.0 releases this year it'll be a miracle." -Chris

"Your mocap footage was well directed, I thought." -Ortwin

Sandi uses one of her kids to take the photos at work. Allegedly, if the tweets/posts get lots of follows the kids are told they'll go to Disneyworld this year.

The rusty RV outside the office finally got towed.

CIG has no plans to go to E3 this year, claiming that all-hands-on-deck is required for putting the finishing touches on 3.0. Said patch won't be seen for half a year after that, at the earliest.

Plans have been set in motion to ditch current hardware partnerships and begin anew with either Qualcomm or MediaTek. The switch is to take advantage of the growing mobile market and the need to cash in quickly with an app.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

hey reddit, leak this:

it's bad

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

AP posted:

How fun is 12v12 Star Marine?

Very.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/60r3i4/alpha_262_ptu_status_evocati_testing/

Dolvak calling out TheAgent for BS midway through the thread. Whoever has control, do some damage control.

I look forward to the full on conniption fit that Dolvak will have when this poo poo show hits the skids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sappo569 posted:

Ortwin is paid $5 a year salary

He is heavily invested in shares of space ship jpegs , which according to latest polls can only go up up up !!

Would you go so far as to say to the moon?