Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The joke is Deion Sanders, ostensibly a black man, was able to afford multiple automobiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Someones got a birthday, I won-der who?

Where's the party tonight? Anyone's parents out of town?

... loser!

Well hey, my parents aren't even alive! PARTY AT MY PLACE, HHHYEAH!

...'Kay.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCtkQciibzw&hd=1

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Detective No. 27 posted:

Well, I do like delayed gratification.

Hank's best lines are the ones he says in italics.

"I hear its got special effects."

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGT5K_3Dztk

I yell this around the home wayyyyyy more than my wife cares to hear.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

haljordan posted:

I just noticed in the Big Willie Lane episode he offers to sell Deion Sanders' truck to Hank. However, later on, Dale ends up buying Deion Sanders' Hyundai from him.

I think the joke is that every car Big Willie sells is "Deion Sanders' car"

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

SilvergunSuperman posted:

The joke is Deion Sanders, ostensibly a black man, was able to afford multiple automobiles.

Everything is racist :mad:

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Looks like Dale's sitting Lucky Pierre

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

was it a wriggler? diddeldiddeldiddeldei

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
yeahhh, lives in a different town, different woman. name's roy, ray, something like that. after sixteen years, i'm too embarrassed to ask

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Bicky bee bye bickey bye boh!

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I use this term all the time when someone has to sit in between two other dudes and noone ever understands :(

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Saalkin posted:

I use this term all the time when someone has to sit in between two other dudes and noone ever understands :(

Did you learn it from King of the Hill? I did. I'd laugh.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Saalkin posted:

Has to sit?

I'd put it differently; Pierre gets to sit between two other dudes!

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
King of the Hill predicted 9/11. In the episode where Hank realizes that George Bush has a limp handshake he predicted that America would be attacked if they realized that his hand was too weak to push the nuke button.

Also love how everyone is so tired of Peggy's poo poo in the episode where her country song gets stolen. Hank seems to understand that Peggy is crazy but loves her enough to put up with her garbage.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Houle posted:

Also love how everyone is so tired of Peggy's poo poo in the episode where her country song gets stolen. Hank seems to understand that Peggy is crazy but loves her enough to put up with her garbage.

That was what I thought at first but Hank and Peggy are equally matched for crazy and dovetail nicely. It's not the marriage I'd have but it works for them!

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Houle posted:

The best part is it's one of the very few times where Peggy is actually right.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

food court bailiff posted:

The best part is it's one of the very few times where Peggy is actually right.

What's shocking is Dale tends to be more right about things than Peggy. Dale knew about the cult that Luanne and Peggy joined, as well as the walrus/human experiment by the army.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

The Archaic posted:

What's shocking is Dale tends to be more right about things than Peggy. Dale knew about the cult that Luanne and Peggy joined, as well as the walrus/human experiment by the army.

Kind of how it goes with conspiracy nuts. They latch on to every single thing that now and then they are right. I wouldn't be surprised if secrets are leaked on to conspiracy nut sites on purpose for that exact reason. There's a very long monologue from Metal Gear Solid 2 that comes to mind.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

Houle posted:

I have a boggle trophy, on my bedroom shelf. I won it on my own, with help from no one else.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I have so many questions about Kahn's SUV from the tank episode

-Was it going to be his commuter for his daily 3 hour drive to Houston?

-Wouldn't crushing an SUV under a tank cause at least a fire?

-Did the army have to pay for that? Kahn knows it was Bill and the gang in the tank, endless blackmail opportunity there. I could have used a stinger scene of Kahn yelling at Bill's insurance company.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

I started watching this for the first time about a month ago, after an old AV Club article surfaced about the ten best episodes. I always saw goons talk about it and I tend to enjoy animated shows but had never given it a chance. Like many, I think I was turned off by the idea that it was The Simpsons for republicans. I'm up to season 9 and I'm pleasantly surprised. It's definitely got that quality that will make it easy to rewatch once a year or so. Especially since I watch while playing The Witcher, so the next time through I'm sure I'll catch entire sections I missed the first time!

Reading this thread has made it easier to appreciate the show.

I'm in the boat that Peggy is an excellent character in the way that Joffrey is. Good characters aren't necessarily likable, but they're believable. I can completely see how Peggy would set people off though; know one too many people like that in real life and I'm sure she will grate on you quickly.

Like many of you, I was floored to learn Chuck Mangione is real.

I'm terrible at remembering my favorite sequences from shows, but I know that the "Tough call. But it was mine, and I made it." at the end of the Dhali Llama ep was excellent.

What's the best/most popular YouTube poop of KOTH? I remember seeing the Boggle one before having watched the show, and now as I work through episodes occasionally I hear audio cues and immediately remember that YTP vividly.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

If Peggy isn't the best character in the show, she's 1B.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

The Wonder Weapon posted:

What's the best/most popular YouTube poop of KOTH? I remember seeing the Boggle one before having watched the show, and now as I work through episodes occasionally I hear audio cues and immediately remember that YTP vividly.

This one is objectively the best ever made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoF42UppkI4

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Houle posted:

King of the Hill predicted 9/11. In the episode where Hank realizes that George Bush has a limp handshake he predicted that America would be attacked if they realized that his hand was too weak to push the nuke button.

it predicted that brownsville station would get back together and call it "still smokin in the boys room," and then it happened for real six years later

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Nah, that's just a movie thing. The number of highly flammable materials in a car are pretty low and usually liquid (i.e no chance of friction setting them off). It's basically just the small gas tank and the motor oil.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Neurolimal posted:

Nah, that's just a movie thing. The number of highly flammable materials in a car are pretty low and usually liquid (i.e no chance of friction setting them off). It's basically just the small gas tank and the motor oil.

Which is funny because Goldfinger had an actual car crushed into a cube and that's it. Even with a dead body, the car was just crushed in an impound lot.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
why didn't Goldfinger have Oddjob remove the gold before he crushed the car

why did Goldfinger show everyone his plan if he was just gonna kill them right afterward

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

...and the pitch! posted:

Yeah it's David Cross trying to get Bobby to drink dog blood.

He could have been known as Robert, the Dog Quaffer.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I have so many questions about Kahn's SUV from the tank episode

-Was it going to be his commuter for his daily 3 hour drive to Houston?

-Did the army have to pay for that? Kahn knows it was Bill and the gang in the tank, endless blackmail opportunity there. I could have used a stinger scene of Kahn yelling at Bill's insurance company.

Yes.

No. That only happens IRL to Hybrids (which largely didn't exist in this time period), and only under some pretty specific circumstances.

Possibly. Kahn, being a smart guy probably realized that there isn't much utility in blackmailing Bill or antagonizing the military (which was still annoyed with him for blabbing about the fancy new tank armor), so he just reported the crushed SUV to his insurance company the next morning and let them handle it. He used the payout to buy a luxury car instead.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

"Damnit, Dale, you hit a curb!" will never not be funny.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

why didn't Goldfinger have Oddjob remove the gold before he crushed the car

why did Goldfinger show everyone his plan if he was just gonna kill them right afterward

I think Goldfinger later mentions that he will extract his gold "From the late Mr. Solo."

As for the plan, if you had a genius plan to make yourself hella rich, wouldn't you find an audience? If you're gonna kill 'em anyway.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

My mom's boyfriend is a veterinarian.

He lets me call him Rick.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

"At Mega-lo Mart, you're shopping for the rest of your life"

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
That Goofus seems like a real dumbass"

Fav Hank quote with him seeing a highlights issue.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

TrustmeImLegit posted:

That Goofus seems like a real dumbass"

Fav Hank quote with him seeing a highlights issue.

It's not like the first time he saw Goofus and Gallant. He and Peggy are a perfect match.

In my opinion the day after Thanksgiving is the biggest shopping day of the year.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

...and the pitch! posted:

In my opinion the day after Thanksgiving is the biggest shopping day of the year.

And also my favourite episode, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
It's funny how broken Bill is