Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

brooklyn show great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Robert tomatoes was good.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
It's really shocking to me that Seth likes Freejack. When Jonathan was reading the plot out loud, all I could think was, if this were the plot of a Black List film, Seth would give it a hearty Nooooope!

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
It sounded like he was doing the usual bit where he hypes up something that obviously sucks as a joke, to me.

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

Brooklyn shows were good. Jonathan wasn't hosed up and it felt like he carried or at least contributed to both shows instead of Seth reading to a guy who laughs and verifies information on a computer.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

Hey, UYD fan account, you feeling OK?

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

That's a bummer because I like listening to old compilations of theirs on Youtube. I'm still gonna listen to them but

https://twitter.com/uydcompilations/status/843949879743385601

is really funny

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

Also pretty sure they didn't do Craigshouse due to some heavy SJW presence, which was heck of tight. Seth started to dip in but Jonathan said an offensive word, 'fruit', and we got some solid groans (0 moans) so they went elsewhere.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Out of curiosity, I listened to an Ed Sheeran song. I can see where Jonathan is coming from.

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

The UYDCompilation person deleted their twitter and youtube. That's actually kind've sad :/

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
They hate us for our comedy podcast compilations.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
i'm an sjw

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
After they were involved in a plane crash where their plane skidded off the runway during takeoff, the University of Michigan men's basketball team has won six postseason games in a row- four to win their conference tournament, and two to reach the Sweet 16 of the NCAA tournament.

You know who else played basketball at Michigan but graduated...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R26QD-wfU60

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

C-Euro posted:

After they were involved in a plane crash where their plane skidded off the runway during takeoff, the University of Michigan men's basketball team has won six postseason games in a row- four to win their conference tournament, and two to reach the Sweet 16 of the NCAA tournament.

You know who else played basketball at Michigan but graduated...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R26QD-wfU60

hey dad

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I feel weird cause I actually bought the UYDcompilations guy a hoodie cause he lived in Brazil and they didn't ship there. I saw that meltdown and thought it was a joke at first.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Lol, I just heard the Ed sheeran rant in 564. It's right at about an hourr if anyone is wondering.

"This guy is like...... I don't want to say revolting because that's rude.... but he like revolts me"

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
ed sheeran is an okay singer but his lyrics are so blunt and stupid and repetitive

like he just has no prose

and yeah that hair is gross

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I'm in love with your body

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
the other day I was listening to the audiobook of Philip K Dick's "Our Friends From Frolix 8" and one of the characters drops "in vino veritas" while drinking beer. That book was written in 1979. Why in the ever living gently caress is the Oxford dictionary adding that in phrase in 2017

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
The expression, together with its counterpart in Greek, "Ἐν οἴνῳ ἀλήθεια" (En oinōi alētheia), is found in Erasmus' Adagia, I.vii.17.[1] Pliny the Elder's Naturalis historia contains an early allusion to the phrase.[2] The Greek expression is traced back to a poem by Alcaeus.[3]

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

the other day I was listening to the audiobook of Philip K Dick's "Our Friends From Frolix 8" and one of the characters drops "in vino veritas" while drinking beer. That book was written in 1979. Why in the ever living gently caress is the Oxford dictionary adding that in phrase in 2017

I'll tell you why, because they're whack.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
Robert Tomato doesn't know poo poo!

I haven't listened to the show in some time and forgot just how good Johnathan's music choices are.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Lol at 566 where Seth says talks about how the first women born in the 2000's will be legal soon. A woman in the audience yells "gross" and Seth and Jah sort of go "yeah that's fair" and move on

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Why on earth are people hollering out poo poo during these lives shows

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

people like to have fun and participate at live events, it's not like they're at a dance recital or some poo poo

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Trunko posted:

lol

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Chime in Charlie's

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

they allowed chime in motherfuckers to chime the gently caress in

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Trunko posted:

cheerwine!! booooooo!

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

"Cause we're two savvy individuals"
"You and amir""

birds
Jun 28, 2008

I've decided I'm going to skip listening to the live shows. They just don't do it for me. Does anyone else feel this way? Seems like it's more of a you had to have been there type of thing because I've been to a few and they're great.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

birds posted:

I've decided I'm going to skip listening to the live shows. They just don't do it for me. Does anyone else feel this way? Seems like it's more of a you had to have been there type of thing because I've been to a few and they're great.

Agreed but most of the modern eps.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

birds posted:

I feel the live shows are some of the best shows, especially the anniversary ones. Having a crowd to bounce stuff off is usually good for comedy.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Cached Money posted:

I feel the live shows are some of the best shows, especially the anniversary ones. Having a crowd to bounce stuff off is usually good for comedy.

Usually. But lately the crowds have gotten so loving annoying it's unbearable. It's the UYD facebook page come to life

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I don't mind the live shows, they have a lot of energy and are usually pretty funny, unlike a lot of studio eps in recent times imo

The only time I can recall an audience actively bugging me was at the second live show in Raleigh (I think?) where there was a big group of women who were cackling really loudly. They actually were some sort of facebook/internet meetup, jonathan mentioned it briefly

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

flesh dance posted:

I don't mind the live shows, they have a lot of energy and are usually pretty funny, unlike a lot of studio eps in recent times imo

The only time I can recall an audience actively bugging me was at the second live show in Raleigh (I think?) where there was a big group of women who were cackling really loudly. They actually were some sort of facebook/internet meetup, jonathan mentioned it briefly

the venue was insanely small and crowded which probably didn't help at all for recording purposes. IRL though it was probably the most i've ever lol'd in my life though

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

flesh dance posted:

I assume most people stayed for both shows and drank throughout so it makes sense the second show was a little rowdier

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Haverchuck posted:

I assume most people stayed for both shows and drank throughout so it makes sense the second show was a little rowdier

Yeah for sure, I'm glad everyone was having a good time. It was still an okay ep, I didn't turn it off or anything

I'm halfway through 567; it's super good so far

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

Caper posted:

Usually. But lately the crowds have gotten so loving annoying it's unbearable. It's the UYD facebook page come to life

"Nah it's cool chime in"