Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I like to put a thin mint in my coffee and let it dissolve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

oldpainless posted:

I like to put a thin mint in my coffee and let it dissolve

this guy gets it

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

These are ok, but a few years ago they had a different kind of lemon cookie that was a sandwich-style with lemon icing on the inside and it was sooo much better.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I want to poop before my tutorial but the train comes at a lovely time and I might not be able to :(

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Gitro posted:

I want to poop before my tutorial but the train comes at a lovely time and I might not be able to :(

Protip: hold in your morning poops til you get to work and you can waste 10 minutes, nobody gets any work done between 9-9:30AM anyway

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My new coworker eats lunch at the exact same time I do and I'm so used to having the break room to myself when I eat that it feels awkward having someone else around.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

C-Euro posted:

My new coworker eats lunch at the exact same time I do and I'm so used to having the break room to myself when I eat that it feels awkward having someone else around.

i hate when people do this, its passive agressive

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

bring back old gbs posted:

i hate when people do this, its passive agressive

Complain other people are around?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

oldpainless posted:

Complain other people are around?
no, exist around me at lunch time

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

bring back old gbs posted:

no, exist around me

:same:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I once read this feminist thing about how women are socially trained to always apologize for their own existence, basically. I just thought, good, that's halfway to everyone doing that.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

My wife told me she was going to take tomorrow off from work, so I wanted to surprise her and take our 3 year old to the water-park where you can slide down the inside of a 747, but they are not open on Wednesdays. I wasted 20 minutes on their website trying to figure out their stupid schedule.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I helped out another department with getting a bunch of computers purchased and set up.

Unfortunately my POC was the department head and he didn't know anything.
More times than I could count he said, "Just tell me what to buy and I will. I don't know what any of this means."

I just asked what types of things they do with their computers.

It was so bad that I had to walk with him to the Microsoft store to pick up copies of Windows because he didn't trust any other method AND didn't know what to get.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

HOW AM I MAKING 30% OF PEOPLE LIKE THAT.

I know what his job is and most of it is looking for something to do!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Inzombiac posted:

HOW AM I MAKING 30% OF PEOPLE LIKE THAT.

I know what his job is and most of it is looking for something to do!

You've been promoted to your level of utility. Try getting promoted to your level of incompetence.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Outrail posted:

You've been promoted to your level of utility. Try getting promoted to your level of incompetence.

I wouldn't even know how to start that.
I'm not being arrogant about this but I have a very strong work ethic and refuse to be promoted on anything but my merit.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

no it loving wasn't and this is like the 4th time, gently caress you Lasership

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I ran for a VP spot in my union thinking the person currently in that position would run for president now that the spot opened up, but she didn't and now I feel bad running against her because she's done a really good job as long as I've been a member.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Kelp Me! posted:

:shepspends: BOY I SURE AM GLAD I PAID EXTRA FOR NEXT-DAY SHIPPING.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:shepspends: BOY I SURE AM GLAD I PAID EXTRA FOR NEXT-DAY SHIPPING.

if you bitch at them they'll at least refund you the shipping. First time I complained they gave me an extra month of Prime, but considering same/next day shipping is usually free, it's really not a gigantic issue, and I don't want to risk getting my account flagged for filing too many complaints/getting too many freebies.

It's really not even their fault, Lasership delivers our BlueApron too and they loving suck in general

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Inzombiac posted:

I wouldn't even know how to start that.
I'm not being arrogant about this but I have a very strong work ethic and refuse to be promoted on anything but my merit.

Lol, you're not going to get anywhere in this life with that attitude.

Life is stupid and you get what you get, if you're promoted it's because you did something right.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

It actually seems like a pretty healthy attitude to have if you're going into business on your own IMO, but yeah, diligence is discouraged in most corporate environments, it's pretty brutally soul-crushing sometimes

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

There's an official form I need to fill in and they emailed me the pdf of it. The form requires a signature which you can do in the pdf, BUT I write with my left hand and use a mouse with my right hand. I can't do my signature using the mouse in my right hand and I can't use my mouse in my left. So I can't sign it digitally.
So now I have to forward the form to my partner who can print it out at work, fill it in by hand then take it to the post office, buy an envelope and stamp and post the drat thing. Ugh!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Just sign a piece of paper, scan/photo with your phone, crop it and import it into the pdf

I've literally signed off on government documents this way so you'll be fine I promise

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Kelp Me! posted:

Just sign a piece of paper, scan/photo with your phone, crop it and import it into the pdf

I've literally signed off on government documents this way so you'll be fine I promise

That is genius! I'll give it a try, thanks!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Kelp Me! posted:

if you bitch at them they'll at least refund you the shipping. First time I complained they gave me an extra month of Prime, but considering same/next day shipping is usually free, it's really not a gigantic issue, and I don't want to risk getting my account flagged for filing too many complaints/getting too many freebies.
Yeah Amazon is usually pretty good about it, this is like the first time it's ever happened. Mind you, it's also the first time I ever sprang for next-day shipping instead of just using the free Prime Two-Day, so :shepface:

I probably won't make any complaints about it this time, but if it happens again I will be. It was only like five bucks more in this instance, anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kelp Me! posted:

Your package is being delivered from the 80s man you should just be glad if it gets there this week.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I probably won't make any complaints about it this time, but if it happens again I will be. It was only like five bucks more in this instance, anyway.

They're a multibillion dollar corporation, you won't hurt their feelings by complaining about a service they did not deliver(:grin:) on. They'll probably credit your account and/or extend your Prime membership by a month. Complain.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

bradzilla posted:

They're a multibillion dollar corporation, you won't hurt their feelings by complaining about a service they did not deliver(:grin:) on. They'll probably credit your account and/or extend your Prime membership by a month. Complain.

Yeah but there's this nebulous, unofficial complaint limit thing and people have gotten their Prime memberships refunded/revoked over it, apparently.

You won't hurt their feelings by complaining but there's also no amount of money that you could spend with them that would prevent them from giving you the boot the second you become more of a hassle than it's worth.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yea, the only time I have seen people bitch about being cut off or banned or whatever from amazon is when they REALLY go above and beyond in complaints in an obvious effort to just steal the service basically.

There was a lady who got banned after she bought and returned like 50 or 100 ebooks over a month or two I think. Stuff like that, yea they are gonna realize you are a problem customer and you are costing them money. Just bitching cause they hosed up somehow? That's just business, go complain.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
My least favourite warehousing company are DPD because I once worked for an IT Tech Support line that needed to call their warehouse to check delivery times of repaired computers and they had a bad habit of picking up the phone and dropping it again to stop it ringing instead of actually doing their loving job. Every time I see one of those trucks on the street I just get really annoyed now, and I haven't worked there in 6 years..

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Something's been shipped to me from a fellow goon and he got it in the mail real quick, so no complaints there, and USPS got it onto a plane real quick, so again no complaints, and now it's been sitting in loving Gatwick or some poo poo for the last four days :saddowns: THANKS HAMERON

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

YeahTubaMike posted:

There's a deli around the corner from my job that sells individual Fage yogurt cups. The spoons that they give you at the bodega are ever-so-slightly too wide to get all the way into the fruit compartment, and our office breakroom has run out of spoons, so I was only able to eat about 80% of the fruit that came with my yogurt. :smith:

Oh my gosh. I love Fage yogurt SO MUCH. Albertsons had a weeklong sale with Fage 10/$10, and every day now I have been having it with fresh strawberries. I actually look forward to getting up for breakfast. I have a ton of energy too from all the protein. Hnnnngh FAAAAAGE

My FWP is that it takes 48 goddamn days for the bar exam to be graded. Only 20 days left to go until the capricious and arbitrary grading committee has determined my fate. 20 days of limbo, not knowing if I will be employable as a lawyer or if I will be forced to do interim temp work until July, when I can take the exam AGAIN. Wheeeeee.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My reluctance to do anything about it isn't so much about hurting feelings as it is I just can't muster up the :effort: to give a poo poo about five whole bucks.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Went to nearby convenience store to get a 1.5L water and some chips but their card reader is broken and they're only taking cash till its fixed. Ugh.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

My reluctance to do anything about it isn't so much about hurting feelings as it is I just can't muster up the :effort: to give a poo poo about five whole bucks.

I look at it more as if I complain, maybe it stops someone else from having the same problem later. Doesn't take much, just drop em an email and move on with your day.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

MariusLecter posted:

Went to nearby convenience store to get a 1.5L water and some chips but their card reader is broken and they're only taking cash till its fixed. Ugh.

Why do you buy water?

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
I just had a junk food indulgence and Im not feeling great for it :smith:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Had a chance for some gaming tonight but decided to drink bourbon and browse the forums instead. Again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mu Zeta posted:

Why do you buy water?

Because it's cheaper than soda.