Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Brolander posted:

enjoy not sniffing the finals, Mr Hooper

that doesn't sound enjoyable at all you rude man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Brolander posted:

enjoy not sniffing the finals, Mr Hooper

Don't be rude to cp3 like that

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life
Now LeBron isn't happy with the Ball dad:

Keep my kids' name out of your mouth, keep my family out of your mouth

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
i choose to believe that "i'm a hooper" is a secret acknowledgement of his Root Beer Barrel nickname

barrels have hoops -> harden is a goon

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Hangin' (out in a fishing boat) With Mr Hooper (in june)

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

leftist heap posted:

i choose to believe that "i'm a hooper" is a secret acknowledgement of his Root Beer Barrel nickname

cooper...is a barrel maker. there's a connection, it's all so close, i can taste it...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

He's probably angling for some of that State Farm money

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

harden is leaking the plot for next year's state farm commercials

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Vince owns

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Cross posting from the GDT. Ibaka and Robin Lopez threw some punches at each other. Both ejected, I'm guessing they'll each be suspended a game or two as well. Also there was a double technical between a Raptors assistant coach and Mirotic. Quality basketball.

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Brolander posted:

cooper...is a barrel maker. there's a connection, it's all so close, i can taste it...

You're not imagining things.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Halfling Wizard Bear posted:

You're not imagining things.

lol at there being a more old fashioned word than "cooper"

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Now do Norman Powell. I love the dude, but it feels like he misses 3 layups a game.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
dokmo please do a vid of people getting uncontested dunks/layups against the cavs, there have to be a friggin million

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Intruder posted:

I suppose by that age

Ring chasing is so much more palatable when it's a guy in his late 30s doing it I guess

I've been searching high and low for that clip of Stern showing up to the press conference for letting everyone know Seattle wasn't getting the Kings and said "I'll make this quick, I've got a playoff game in OKC to get to"

I've only heard about it and never seen it so maybe it was something someone just made up

I dont know why this is so hard to understand. Durant is a punk bitch. He is top 5 if not top 3 best player in the league for the past 3 or whatever years. He went from a top 10 team, to the best team in the league that just went on a historically good season. He did the heat lebron dream team gimmick x 10.

Ray Allen wasn't a top 25 player let alone a top 5 player when he went.

edit : I'm trying to think of a comparison of how ridiculous it was for Durant to sign with the Warriors after they just had what might be the best NBA season of all time, but I can't think of a comparison in pro sports. Something like Bonds signing withe Mariners after the 2001 season, but baseball is such a larger team sport so its a much bigger influence with Durant's signing. Maybe Malone or Olaijuwon signing with peak Bulls in the 90s? Or Trout and Kershaw both signing with the cubs this offseason? Either way its ridic

patonthebach fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Mar 22, 2017

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

patonthebach posted:

I dont know why this is so hard to understand. Durant is a punk bitch. He is top 5 if not top 3 best player in the league for the past 3 or whatever years. He went from a top 10 team, to the best team in the league that just went on a historically good season. He did the heat lebron dream team gimmick x 10.

Ray Allen wasn't a top 25 player let alone a top 5 player when he went.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

chunkles posted:

Another reason for MVP Harden: he thinks rest is for pussies

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18965601/james-harden-houston-rockets-no-plans-take-rest-games-healthy

"I'm a hooper," Harden said. "I just want to hoop." :911:

I need to figure out where this places root beer barrel in the Hoopers canon

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
bulls are trash from the rear end

raptors even worse

wrong thread but it stands

Brolander fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Mar 22, 2017

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

I need to figure out where this places root beer barrel in the Hoopers canon

chris paul's unkempt brother that he's paranoid deandre jordan is cheating on him with

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

both these dudes missed each other by an inch

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

leftist heap posted:

He certainly has the dead eyes of an IT professional

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the raptor streak was literally the only thing left.

please trade jimmy, not because the bulls' incompetent nincompoops won't get fleeced and turn the Bulls into Nets West and destroy their ability to compete for a generation, but because I can't watch Jimmy killing himself for this garbage team anymore.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

This is Me but Jimmy Butler

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Pelicans on a little hot streak lately. Boogie's playing a lot better with the team.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
If the Pelicans get a couple decent shooters in the off-season, they're gonna be pretty scary next year.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Raptors won ? WTF? Didnt watch the game but saw them down like ninety whatever to seventy flurf. What happened ? LOL Bulls

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

patonthebach posted:

Raptors won ? WTF? Didnt watch the game but saw them down like ninety whatever to seventy flurf. What happened ? LOL Bulls

lopez got tossed and felicio got hurt and joffrey lauvergne couldn't stay in front of a rollerskating raptor

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

R.D. Mangles posted:

lopez got tossed and felicio got hurt and joffrey lauvergne couldn't stay in front of a rollerskating raptor

hmm none of those are good players. lol bulls

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Lockback posted:

What? Which 6? The Nets are just legit bad, and the Lakers are probably trying to screw with their lineups to figure out what they have. Everyone else has been playing ok the last 10 games or so, or are trying to get into the playoffs but cannot play themselves out of a wet paper bag (RIP 3 Alphas).

Suns
Lakers
Kings
Knicks
Magic

to varying degrees. So five I guess.

The Knicks are shifting into another gear.

https://twitter.com/NYDNSports/status/844323401846214662

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lmao

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

patonthebach posted:

hmm none of those are good players. lol bulls

I am mad at this RoLo slander. :mad:

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Kibner posted:

I am mad at this RoLo slander. :mad:

He might be "good" but he aint great. Not a starter on most playoff teams. Not a 10+ mil player, etc. No All-Star.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Huskies undefeated at home, feels good. PJ Tucker and Ibaka are gangster and heres the full video for the fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69GKriECCGo

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Very aggravating stat

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/844378300080443393
lmao

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Huskies undefeated at home, feels good. PJ Tucker and Ibaka are gangster and heres the full video for the fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69GKriECCGo

Lol @ lopez being a bitch. First punch bullshit. Also thanks for engergizing the raps and making us win? LOL

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Suns
Lakers
Kings
Knicks
Magic

to varying degrees. So five I guess.

The Knicks are shifting into another gear.

https://twitter.com/NYDNSports/status/844323401846214662

Legit the Knicks could easily tank the last 12 games even if they were actively competing. They're already 1 game out of the bottom 5 and I want Josh Jackson god drat it

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/844383013760909312

lol please open gym guys catch some of this action :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/Krisplashed/status/844373874972278784

This scuffle has me staying up, posting past my bedtime