Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Baloogan posted:

lol and some of yall were shilling hard for ol crooked

The worst Clinton is still miles ahead of the best Trump, yeah you heard me right Barron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Tom Perez is the most disappointing

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i dont get how anyone can be disappointed with tom perez because that means you had to have had positive expectations for him

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

you can't be disappointed if you had no expectations at all

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

loquacius posted:

Tom Perez is the most disappointing

I hope the corporate donors can do something to help us this time around!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

got any sevens posted:

It's pretty good but Galaxy Quest is best. :)

...yeah, gotta give you this one.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

UHD posted:

you can't be disappointed if you had no expectations at all

i had a glimmer of hope that some people saw which way the wind was blowing when schumer and other dems were backing ellison but that was dashed when i saw the planted nyt article about how obama didnt want him and was finding an acceptable alternative

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

it owns that obama spent 1000x more time and effort ratfucking keith ellison than doing anything to try and fight trump and ryan shredding his legacy

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

im curious as to how obama's plans for his lucrative clinton-style post-presidency are panning out when they were crafted under the assumption that people would need to curry favor with him as an in to a clinton white house

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
senate dems release first ad of 2018 cycle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju3K9bqPTeM

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Shear Modulus posted:

im curious as to how obama's plans for his lucrative clinton-style post-presidency are panning out when they were crafted under the assumption that people would need to curry favor with him as an in to a clinton white house

Lmao he's Reagan but for liberals, he'll be just fine

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Shear Modulus posted:

he got like $60m from his and michelle's book deals alone

he's going to probably have the most lucrative post-presidency ever

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Concerned Citizen posted:

that'll probably be trump. he likely clears more than $60m yearly

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

he got like $60m from his and michelle's book deals alone

he was in the pocket of big publishing the whole time

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

its good intentions but at this point the super-slick multimillion dollar ads just piss me off

its also egregiously lacking anything to actually be in favor of or any political vision

certainly better than hillary's lovely ads though

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

he was in the pocket of big publishing the whole time

you joke but penguin-random house is the result of one of the many mergers that he absolutely should not have waved through if he gave the slightest poo poo about antitrust

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

lol wealthcare

why are the democrats so lovely at even the most basic messaging

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

comedyblissoption posted:

lol wealthcare

why are the democrats so lovely at even the most basic messaging

I'm going to be semi-charitable and assume the youtube vid was a joke post?

e: goddamn it!

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Seems like one of those ads with the sole purpose of existing to get people on cable news to talk about it existing. No hard information. No calls to action. Republican plan bad!

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Dems are going to lose in 2018.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

punk rebel ecks posted:

Dems are going to lose in 2018.

bigly

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Dark Price

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

5. an aging state department it infrastructure that is so bad that half the state department uses private email and no one realizing why that's an issue

This part isn’t true. The state department didn’t use to have its own infrastructure. That was provided by the DoD.

Under Hillary, the state dept moved away from NIPR/SIPR because of the embassy leaks. She avoided the most serious ramifications, because NIPR/SIPR breaches are serious business.

In other words, Clinton bad.

Dead Cosmonaut has issued a correction as of 10:01 on Mar 22, 2017

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Reminder that Hillary's presidential ad campaign was one giant "look at this mean thing trump said" and nothing else

She was so high on her own farts that she thought everything was fine and dandy in america and Americans just needed to be shown what a mean person trump was then she would be handed the presidency

I will enjoy enjoy staying home and not voting in 2018 or 2020 :feelsgood:

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

I'm the well paid actors

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Scent of Worf posted:

Reminder that Hillary's presidential ad campaign was one giant "look at this mean thing trump said" and nothing else

She was so high on her own farts that she thought everything was fine and dandy in america and Americans just needed to be shown what a mean person trump was then she would be handed the presidency

I will enjoy enjoy staying home and not voting in 2018 or 2020 :feelsgood:

A machine that harvests Mooks and Clintons farts and forcefully feeds them to every American

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Shear Modulus posted:

i dont get how anyone can be disappointed with tom perez because that means you had to have had positive expectations for him

People right here in this thread spent weeks and weeks pumping him up, saying he would be good, and also that he wouldnt win and it certainly wouldnt be due to pressure from obama or to spite the left wing if he did.

They were wrong on all counts and we really should ignore them since they are like zero for twenty by now but boy are they persistent.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

GlyphGryph posted:

People right here in this thread spent weeks and weeks pumping him up, saying he would be good, and also that he wouldnt win and it certainly wouldnt be due to pressure from obama or to spite the left wing if he did.

They were wrong on all counts and we really should ignore them since they are like zero for twenty by now but boy are they persistent.

honestly the only person with a good track record so far predicting stuff is bill mitchell, aka mill bitchell

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

GlyphGryph posted:

well of course. they're the adults in the room.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
A part of me keeps giving them the benefit of a doubt and hoping THIS time it wont be bullshit but its never not bullshit

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

GlyphGryph posted:

Perez being DNC chair gets more depressing the more you think about it because it really is bad in all the ways we were assured it wouldn't be bad while being told to calm down and stop raising a stink about it

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

I'm the well paid actors

idk about this ad but actors in political commercials are usually volunteers

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

loquacius posted:

Perez being DNC chair gets more depressing the more you think about it because it really is bad in all the ways we were assured it wouldn't be bad while being told to calm down and stop raising a stink about it

Keith Ellison is still a good congressman and I imagine the folks in South Bend are still happy with their mayor, and Donna Brazile doesn't have any actual power now.

Things could be a lot worse, I'm just saying.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Yes, even with the most incompetent authoritarian takeover in recorded history and their only viable opposition being a bunch of do-nothing idiots, things could still be worse.

Er, somehow.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I just realized if Democrats are half as good at politicking as Republicans are, they would trap Republican legislators as being both horrible assholes (if they vote for the AHCA) and innefective on the AHCA (assuming it doesn't pass) the same way Republicans framed Obama as being both a tyrant and a giant pussy when it came to dealing with Syria.

It won't happen.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

tadashi posted:

I just realized if Democrats are half as good at politicking as Republicans are, they would trap Republican legislators as being both horrible assholes (if they vote for the AHCA) and innefective on the AHCA (assuming it doesn't pass) the same way Republicans framed Obama as being both a tyrant and a giant pussy when it came to dealing with Syria.

It won't happen.

This is exactly what they're doing

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

uh

did you just watch the same ad I did? that's not trapping anyone

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
12TH DIMENSIONAL CHESS

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Doing*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Republicans: We'll do whatever the gently caress we want and you can suck our drat dicks and the people will love us.

Democrats: Two wrongs do NOT make a right.

• Locked thread