Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I want to see their math.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
First you overfeed geckos til they're too fat to stick to walls, then extrapolate from there!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Obviously they don't know poo poo about the Van der Waals force interactions that actually let things stick to walls and are instead assuming Spider-Man stuck via some kind of adhesive. DARPA's Z Man project showed that a mere 16 square inches of contact would support 660 pounds with their prototype tech. The proportional sticking ability of a spider would probably work a lot better, but even with just that Spider-man requires only about four square inches to support his own weight, or the surface of his feet and hands (although he'd have to use his palms, not his fingertips).

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Maybe they're using Movie-Spider-Man with the little hairs?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

loving horrifying

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Kwyndig posted:

Obviously they don't know poo poo about the Van der Waals force interactions that actually let things stick to walls and are instead assuming Spider-Man stuck via some kind of adhesive. DARPA's Z Man project showed that a mere 16 square inches of contact would support 660 pounds with their prototype tech. The proportional sticking ability of a spider would probably work a lot better, but even with just that Spider-man requires only about four square inches to support his own weight, or the surface of his feet and hands (although he'd have to use his palms, not his fingertips).

Get a load of this guy

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Where did the Cambridge Scientists say that his skull should be at right angles to his spine

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Get a load of this guy

I felt like doing some basic research. Also, who doesn't like dunking on Cambridge science?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Why has not a single person commented on the fact that Rocket looks high on PCP in that next to last panel?

Like he's suddenly staring at his own mortality made flesh or possibly is just slowly growing blind from having watched a mushroom cloud?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sensory Homunculus Man

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

evilmiera posted:

Why has not a single person commented on the fact that Rocket looks high on PCP in that next to last panel?

Like he's suddenly staring at his own mortality made flesh or possibly is just slowly growing blind from having watched a mushroom cloud?

because he always looks like that

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Get the rock!

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Synthbuttrange posted:

Get the rock!

Please. MJ is going to beat the poo poo out of Ronan with her bare hands.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

We'll switch back to Spidey and Rocket for a strip or two, and then MJ'll burst onto the scene wearing Ronan's armor and wielding the Cosmirod, as the new best heroine ever.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kurui Reiten posted:

We'll switch back to Spidey and Rocket for a strip or two, and then MJ'll burst onto the scene wearing Ronan's armor and wielding the Cosmirod, as the new best heroine ever.

That would make this the best NSM story ever.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Kurui Reiten posted:

Meanwhile, a pair of horny hillbillies chances upon the naked and unconscious kree...

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Kurui Reiten posted:

And then The Avengers show up and ask her and Rocket if they wants to join them, completely ignoring Spider-Man.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

David D. Davidson posted:

And then The Avengers show up and ask her and Rocket if they wants to join them, completely ignoring Spider-Man.

They asked him once before -- and he accepted! -- but the government put the brakes on it. Poor Spidey just can't get a break.

Just think, if he'd been able to join the Avengers back in the day, maybe he wouldn't be reduced to appearing in the newspaper today. But a world without NSM would be a dull world indeed.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if the avengers showed up they would have to spend a few strips beating the poo poo out of spidey first. it's tradition.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Newspaper Avengers DID beat up Spidey when he went to their headquarters, I think the big three (Cap, Iron Man, Thor) even took turns beating on him.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Kurui Reiten posted:

And just like that Newspaper Spider-man enters the world of Futanari.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I bet those cops were making out and that's why spider man showed up.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Use him as an inhuman shield!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I...I think Rocket is going to get on Spidey's shoulders and wear the helmet, after MJ gets it to them.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yessss, MJ is going to save the day and defeat the Sentry :hellyeah:

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Synthbuttrange posted:

Use him as an inhuman shield!

That's an edit, right? There's no way that is the real, legit comic.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

This ends with MJ lugging the comatose Ronan to Albuquerque and doing funny voices while propping him up Weekend at Bernie's style to fool the Sentry

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Maybe he just needs more foodstuffs.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
So, what, is Ronan an Immortal? He suffocates, comes back to life just long enough to give some exposition, then suffocates again? If Peter had taken off his head instead of just his hat, would there be a crazy lightning storm?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

For all we know that's not even accurate information, it's just the ramblings of a man deep into asphyxiation.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

For all we know that's not even accurate information, it's just the ramblings of a man deep into asphyxiation.

Now, are you describing this strip, or NSM as a whole?

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
:golfclap:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Oh no!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Kurui Reiten posted:

You are the Sunday artist and I claim my five dollars.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Mover posted:

This ends with MJ lugging the comatose Ronan to Albuquerque and doing funny voices while propping him up Weekend at Bernie's style to fool the Sentry

I can't decide if this would be better than MJ stripping Ronan and leaving him comatose in the middle of the desert.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Discendo Vox posted:

I...I think Rocket is going to get on Spidey's shoulders and wear the helmet, after MJ gets it to them.

I absolutely believe this is going to happen.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

redbackground posted:

I absolutely believe this is going to happen.

Somebody is dressing up as Ronan, this I know in my heart

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

theflyingorc posted:

Somebody is dressing up as Ronan, this I know in my heart

Chekhov's Helmet at play once again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Someone's gonna paint themselves blue, I say. Helmets are for chumps.

• Locked thread