Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Hellsau posted:

Tier 8 platoons get disproportionate amounts of tier ten matches compared to solo tier 8 players

dang is that true? That's a bummer, my friends and I mostly play tier 8s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hellsau posted:

10 battles as one of the top three damage dealers on your team is irritating, but fine. Ten wins as top three? No thanks.

should've made it ten losses

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So does this mean that the tier 8 premium lorr will actually be a thing we can buy soon?

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

Prav posted:

should've made it ten losses

This would be awesome. Give someone a can't carry hard enough medal for getting top 3/5 in 10 losses.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

BadLlama posted:

Could probably get it done in the Churchill III without too much effort. But gently caress that.

except if you get into a tier six match all it takes is having a good tier six platoon on your team and whoops you can't get top three damage, and if you get lovely tier sixes it's difficult to force a win while also getting on top of the leaderboard because any sacrifice you make increases your chances of an early death and the shitters you try to make win can surpass you in damage during cleanup

I'm probably just going to do tier 10s and try to get 8k damage in a TD and/or 4k damage to TDs in a medium and if I get pissed and quit after losing multiple 6k damage matches, whatever.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
What's the deal with airstrikes in strongholds? Should I be able to queue them up and use them as a detachment commander with my PANSY role of combat officer? I click on those two inactive boxes in the upper right corner of the detachment screen and nothing happens.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

NotWearingPants posted:

What's the deal with airstrikes in strongholds? Should I be able to queue them up and use them as a detachment commander with my PANSY role of combat officer? I click on those two inactive boxes in the upper right corner of the detachment screen and nothing happens.

Yes you can select either an airstrike or artillery strike, and it adds it to your bar in the match
Also the level of the strike makes no difference for damage, just the resource bonus

Make atomizer build a bunch of the level 1 strikes so you can go hog wild. IMPORTANT NOTE - Strikes give you no score, all the damage they do gets assigned to the void and along with it the credits and XP.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

130 damage short of HT-12-3. :suicide:

gently caress this gay earth. Watch this for the engaging gameplay required to get HT-12.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Perhaps the most satisfying thing in this game is to goad a teammate into shooting you more than you shoot him and then just unloading shot after shot into his hull after he turns blue.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

by that point why bother, they are usually temp banned around there so just leave their lifeless tank alone

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So I got the O-I and the derp gun for it. What kind of ammo set up should I use for it?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I love when I TK a guy in a game and turn blue, then in the next game I bump someone in spawn for 7 damage and turn blue again and some hero then has to spend the whole game shooting me to "Teach me a lesson".

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

So I got the O-I and the derp gun for it. What kind of ammo set up should I use for it?

I just load 20 of each. AP for thin stuff, HEAT for adequate flat armor, HE for thick stuff and #snapshotmeta.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

by that point why bother, they are usually temp banned around there so just leave their lifeless tank alone

No, players can turn blue without a temp ban.

But I agree that it would not be nearly as satisfying if they were banned.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

I just load 20 of each. AP for thin stuff, HEAT for adequate flat armor, HE for thick stuff and #snapshotmeta.

Sounds like a good plan. Thanks!

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Pissed off a purple player enough to block me today. :smug:

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

gently caress this gay earth. 1955 damage in my M12 AGAIN. Still stuck on SPG-15-1. Think I'm up to 0-50 roughly on trying it.

As I side note, I hate the O-I Exp. and will probably keep one of the mid tier Jap heavies for shits and giggles. Which of them is the best to keep for good combo of absurd armor and ability to splat hapless lower tiers?

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
Stop playing arty dumbass

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

celewign posted:

That includes land arty.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

celewign posted:

If I ever get this done I will be retiring my arty for a long time.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Getting 2000dmg in the M12 is hard as hell, HEAT in the M44 is way easier. I just ground through the m12 last week and remember getting maybe a couple over 2000 games. HEAT M44 pens are like 750 damage, three of those and you got it. M12 HE shells rarely hit over 400-500.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Hellsau posted:

Yeah, take an equal amount of everything...your HE is the motherofgod round that fucks people to hell

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Your bi-yearly reminder that if you play arty, you're subhuman trash and you're the reason we can't have nice things.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Zaodai posted:

Your bi-yearly reminder that if you play arty, you're subhuman trash and you're the reason we can't have nice things.

Thank WG. The female crews are helpful for newer players going against dudes with 25k+ games played and assloads of experienced crews. If LT-15 wasn't even loving stupider I wouldn't bother with it. My friend, who i hate a little bit now, got SPG-15 on his first game in the M12. poo poo, I just hit an O-Ho for 1300 damage. IDK, everyone says M44 but earlier tonight a T29 bounced 3 straight HEAT rounds. At this point it really just feels like killing a stupid dungeon boss for a 1% mount drop.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
All you need to do is look back on this week's daily missions to come to the conclusion WG is driving you off a cliff.

The only mission I ever care about when I do is the daily experience that gives you a few extras.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

thylacine posted:

Getting 2000dmg in the M12 is hard as hell, HEAT in the M44 is way easier. I just ground through the m12 last week and remember getting maybe a couple over 2000 games. HEAT M44 pens are like 750 damage, three of those and you got it. M12 HE shells rarely hit over 400-500.

I remembered hating the M12, but I didn't think it was this bad:

Compared to the M44:

The M12 is just much worse. It doesn't get a big enough alpha increase to be worth seeing higher tier tanks with more armor, while having less accuracy and no broken HEAT round.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

celewign posted:

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
My M44 story for today is that I was playing my T34 and bounced a HEAT shell, and I'm pretty sure the next several he fired at me all missed.

e: somehow, the arty missions were the first ones I cleared for the T-55A. I think I just got lucky on the counterbattery one, and that's really the worst in the set.

Steelion fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Mar 22, 2017

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

McGavin posted:

Pissed off a purple player enough to block me today. :smug:

thats too easy i feel like the real challenge is to get a red player to block you, purple players just get butt hurt instantly well (most)

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
XVM is a cancer and you should all be very ashamed.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Cartoon posted:

XVM is a cancer and you should all be very ashamed.

I actually think XVM is the worst mod.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Look at these stat badders. :sad:

Turmoilx posted:

thats too easy i feel like the real challenge is to get a red player to block you, purple players just get butt hurt instantly well (most)

He was showing too much of his side in his Super Pershing, so I shot him twice and killed him. He messaged me after the battle to say "nice luckshot", so I helpfully told him that he was showing too much of his side. He said "I was sidescraping, so nice luckshot." I said "nice sidescraping" and he lost it.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Mar 22, 2017

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

lol if you don't just use Aslain's and click every mod option available.

Also new mission is up, deal 50k damage across any number of games.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGavin posted:

Look at these stat badders. :sad:

He was showing too much of his side in his Super Pershing, so I shot him twice and killed him. He messaged me after the battle to say "nice luckshot", so I helpfully told him that he was showing too much of his side. He said "I was sidescraping, so nice luckshot." I said "nice sidescraping" and he lost it.

Lol, the SP is not a side scraper. Shoulda told him to go back to T1 and learn

So, honest question. Does WG have some sort of deal where if you're not a good player they relegate you to a shitpile team and the good players to a good team? 23 battles tonight and every one a loss, most of the time with me as a sole survivor against half or more of the other team.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Mar 22, 2017

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Zaodai posted:

I regularly triple box arty, what does that make me?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

I regularly triple box arty, what does that make me?

Hitler killed 6 millions jews.
But you triple box arty.

It's pretty obvious.

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

Dunking on bads with a Conqueror Gun Carriage is pretty great, especially as I only have to pay attention to this game once per minute.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Axetrain posted:

lol if you don't just use Aslain's and click every mod option available.

Also new mission is up, deal 50k damage across any number of games.

I'm single and have no kids and there's no way even I have time for this poo poo. I can't wait until we get to "win 10 game as the top damage dealer and experience earner on your team"

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

There should be a super mission at the end worth 5 completions that requires you to win a game as the top damage dealer in a light tank while losing no team members at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

More cruel mission ideas.
You need to get brothers in arms.
Do half of the enemy teams hp in damage (and win).
Get the first spot on 10 enemies in a single game and survive (and win).
Get 5 kills without ever being spotted.
Kill 20 spgs (while not in an spg) within 24 hours.
Get 10 draw games in the course of 24 hours.