Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

GalacticAcid posted:

ah

https://twitter.com/machiavellino/status/844219976764612609

I've never seen this account before, no idea what this is all about

lol wtf what caused this weird meltdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Mr. Lobe posted:

was that guy on chapo or cum town or something? I don't keep track of all the twitter who's who

i don't think he has been on either show yet, though I might be wrong. He's just a twitter guy who's really funny most of the time and gets really angry sometimes (he got into Molly Klein for a day about a month ago I think)

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

he started this whole thing also

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/844281132942344192

yoober
Nov 21, 2010

michael hudson is funny online and gets banned every time he gets near 10k followers

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I started listening to the discourse collective and I'm reminded how chapo could have gone without decent production values and cast chemistry.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Ron Jeremy posted:

I started listening to the discourse collective and I'm reminded how chapo could have gone without decent production values and cast chemistry.

yeah but have you listened to the daily shoah?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Famethrowa posted:

yeah but have you listened to the daily shoah?

Haha, is this still going on?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Haha, is this still going on?

the guy (goy?) who got doxxed for having a jewish wife divorced her and rejoined the show, apparently. :rolleye:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Famethrowa posted:

the guy (goy?) who got doxxed for having a jewish wife divorced her and rejoined the show, apparently. :rolleye:

Amazing.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
doxxed by his fellow nazis

the ultimate cuck

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

doxxed by his fellow nazis

the ultimate cuck

Wasn't the story behind this that one of them gave a bunch of information to the group threatening to doxx them so that he would be spared, and then they turned around and doxxed him anyway?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

ahahah divorcing your wife to stay on a lovely podcast good loving life choice there bro

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

ahahah divorcing your wife to stay on a lovely podcast good loving life choice there bro

To be fair, a person who hosts a podcast called The Daily Shoah probably isn't capable of good life choices.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

New episode owned. Umberto Eco and Adam Curtis skits were great.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Famethrowa posted:

lol Jeez

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Hopefully she got everything in the divorce.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Famethrowa posted:

looking forward to his looming live-podcasted suicide where his last words are 'the jews did this' somehow still

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
My Jewish wife did not appreciate me hosting a podcast called "The Daily Shoah".

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Darkman Fanpage posted:

My Jewish wife did not appreciate me hosting a podcast called "The Daily Shoah".

I didn't get that it was a "Daily Show" goof until a news article pointed it out. :cripes:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Oh I just realized that, thanks for pointing it out.

Anyways, QUELLE SURPRISE! A bunch of idiot right wingers can't think of something clever on their own so they co-opt another thing from the left and change it up just a little bit.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Phone posted:

Oh I just realized that, thanks for pointing it out.

Anyways, QUELLE SURPRISE! A bunch of idiot right wingers can't think of something clever on their own so they co-opt another thing from the left and change it up just a little bit.

Eh, it's a funny-enough joke I guess. Although I thought it was pronounced "Sho-ah", so the parody didn't jump out at me.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
i think they're losing their edge and need to bring back 'chapo death threats'

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax

GalacticAcid posted:

i think they're losing their edge and need to bring back 'chapo death threats'

Agreed

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Those were funny. "Let me be clear that these are characters we're playing and not actual threats. I wanna drown you in a bathtub."

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Chapo Death Threats ruled. They need to bring it back, crank it up a notch, and threaten their enemies with things that will actually really scare them. Hey Ben Shapiro, you little bitch, next time you go to the doctor to get your anal glands drained, a middle-aged black woman is gonna sit down next to you in the waiting room. And she's gonna be real chatty about the trouble with health insurance these days.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Dammit I thought it was The Daily Schwa, I was really excited for a daily podcast about vowel sounds

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Jesus, relistening top the Patriots Day episode and the moment they realize Felix is the third Tsarnaev brother. This is a top 5 Chapo.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
what's all this about

https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/844941512442085376

i've liked some of Kyle Chayka's work in the past, particular his stuff for Pacific Standard

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

GalacticAcid posted:

what's all this about

https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/844941512442085376

i've liked some of Kyle Chayka's work in the past, particular his stuff for Pacific Standard

Is it because he doesn't mention virgil? Notice the search at the bottom.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
lol owned

edit - as in, it is me who is owned for not noticing the joke

GalacticAcid fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Mar 23, 2017

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Famethrowa posted:

Is it because he doesn't mention virgil? Notice the search at the bottom.

This.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://theringer.com/new-left-media-current-affairs-chapo-trap-house-crooked-media-9cb016070532#.eoz551s1b there's the article

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

that article posted:

“The marketplace of ideas has been completely conflated with the marketplace, so left-of-center and left-wing ideas just don’t have much purchase. They have to be artificially subsidized” — usually by wealthy patrons willing to take the hit or foundational trusts

Apparently the Kochs and the Mellons aren't subsidized.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/dril/status/845002157715787778

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Semi-serious question: What is Felix's accent?

I've lived in the South my whole life, but I've got an accent I've never been able to explain that is kind of similar to Felix's voice.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Tatumje posted:

I've lived in the South my whole life, but I've got an accent I've never been able to explain that is kind of similar to Felix's voice.

man with speech impediment?

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
It is me who is owned for not noticing the joke.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Tatumje posted:

Normal Midwestern Jewish guy? He doesn't have an accent.

I look and sound like a scrawny version of him so maybe I'm just self-conscious. He just has a unique voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax

Tatumje posted:

Hebrew National-ist