Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I've been playing this game for a full year and just got my first ever healing BSB. Thank gently caress. It's an awesome one too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Only dupe was Mace of Zeus :getin:

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

2/11 my third Mace of Zeus (V) and a Wizer Rod. Funny how my pulls just before the Anniversary are making the Ultros Select less and less attractive.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I ended up getting Eiko's BSB and Penelo's SSB. I had neither of those so I am pretty happy.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

So I got this record keeper game. So far it is not lame.
One thing I needs must know, is how to get the great Shantotto.
Does she unlock as a dungeon hero? Or must I use a soul, I've got zero.
Ohohohohoho

Robotic Accolade
Jul 23, 2007

EDF! EDF! EDF!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Ohohohohoho

You need a soul, but they can be acquired fairly easily in the weekly events: usually you get a soul around the level 35 dungeon (you can probably clear it pre-35, esp. with a good summoned friend).

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

So I've started combining the random 4*s from all my pulls and is it just me or are there a lot of VI realm relics? In the interest of saving mithril I'll probably hold off on pulling on this banner as I have like 4 4++ relics in VI alone.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Ohohohohoho

You can use a soul, and you probably ought to for characters who are particular favorites. That said, you can get her without using a soul on April 20, along with four other FFXI folk

Edit: I stand corrected. As stated below, she's really easy to get in the realm dungeons. Don't use a soul.

Sesq fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Mar 22, 2017

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Ohohohohoho

Join us in this discord:

https://discord.gg/TaW3k8m

Very friendly group full of knowledge that can answer all your questions and provide VERY good advice in real time.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

man I was freaking out about pulling with only 4 dupes

:toot:
this will help my mixed and magic teams

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Elephant Ambush posted:

I've been playing this game for a full year and just got my first ever healing BSB. Thank gently caress. It's an awesome one too.

I've been playing since Day 1 and still don't have a healing BSB arghhh

Skipping all the other lucky draws and diving in whatever healing BSB comes up in the anniversary banners

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

triplexpac posted:

Skipping all the other lucky draws and diving in whatever healing BSB comes up in the anniversary banners

There's gonna be a whole lot of healing BSB's on tomorrow's BSB only lucky draw.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

CaptainPsyko posted:

There's gonna be a whole lot of healing BSB's on tomorrow's BSB only lucky draw.

Sweet, nevermind then! I'll be pullin!!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

My pull... was good.

None of those are dupes, but the Physician's Staff might as well be with how many goddamn mage sticks I have for the XIII realm. But that's my only complaint. Look at that! Look at it!

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

triplexpac posted:

Pray that you get something better than Garnet's! :v: Hers is the only healing BSB I have, and even then calling it a "healing BSB" is something of a technicality.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Dagger's Dagger of Daggerness is an amazing stat stick, though. Mag/Mind dagger with +thunder on it.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zurai posted:

Dagger's Dagger of Daggerness is an amazing stat stick, though. Mag/Mind dagger with +thunder on it.

thanks to it i got to use red xiii as a mage once

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Dollar pull for FFVI: Locke BSB gently caress yeah

Lucky: 1/11 Cloud staff. Oh. Well, not a dupe and a hastega/medica for XII? It doesn't seem great.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
:toot: 2/11, got Y'shtola and Rosa's BSB's :getin:

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

1/11 minwu's SSB which I'm sure was great like a year ago but in the era of asylum it just makes me sad.

Also his name is stupid.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Robotic Accolade posted:

You need a soul, but they can be acquired fairly easily in the weekly events: usually you get a soul around the level 35 dungeon (you can probably clear it pre-35, esp. with a good summoned friend).

Sesq posted:

You can use a soul, and you probably ought to for characters who are particular favorites. That said, you can get her without using a soul on April 20, along with four other FFXI folk.

Actually, Shantoto is a reward from Waughroon Shrine normal dungeon in FFXI. You don't need a Hero Soul at all to recruit her. That dungeon unlocks fairly early in the dungeon chain as well. She's the 8th character available.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
No dupes, Vanille BSB and Sarah SSB :toot:

Didn't have a Medica for either of those realms! Vanille's BSB will be replacing Penelo's BSB as my healing BSB.

Now I'm just missing Medicas for V, X, XIV. And uh, XI but that doesn't count yet.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Just as an FYI tomorrow's LD is enelement and not BSB, they're swapping places apparently

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Aurora posted:

Just as an FYI tomorrow's LD is enelement and not BSB, they're swapping places apparently

No, that's the same order as Japan IIRC.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Zurai posted:

No, that's the same order as Japan IIRC.

Oh. Well, people seemed confused about the order regardless :v:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I hate all you guys getting healer bursts. I still don't have one, and I did a 1/11 with a Healing Staff II

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Are you loving kidding me!?

I have 5 of the 18 relics in the medica lucky draw, all ssb's. I got 4 rainbow orbs from the pull, they were all dupes. Aaaaaggh! I really needed medicas for other realms, and I really needed a burst medica to be able to handle torment dungeons. Dammit. :(

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

1st AD posted:

:toot: 2/11, got Y'shtola and Rosa's BSB's :getin:

Same here.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Johnny Aztec posted:

I hate all you guys getting healer bursts. I still don't have one, and I did a 1/11 with a Healing Staff II

I'm the lucky rear end in a top hat who pulled Platinum Sword off of a dollar draw to get me back into the game, so sue me :v:

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
They aren't even good combines either! Ok, maybe I can use the ffii staff for a second black mage in that realm, but all the other ones don't fill a single stat stick role apart from white magic.

Maybe I'll keep my second ffv zeus staff so lenna and exdeath can do poo poo? I dunno, I'm probably gonna combine them all. This is just like my ffiv pull from the last event where I got like 5 5*'s and 3 were edge's light armor.

Edit: Actually, my osb rod is 186 mag without synergy. So are the ssb staffs with a magic stat on them. So they're all pretty much worthless.

Sprite141 fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Mar 22, 2017

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
:siren::siren:

Looks like I just won every torment dungeon

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

1/11 Yuna's SSB

Sadness. I wanted Y'shtola's Burst.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Rosa BSB, Eiko BSB, Ovelia SSB. Pretty good! I now have Eiko's BSB for physical teams and Yuna's BSB2 for mage teams, and two more medicas in realms I lacked them for Cid Missions.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

In my last four pulls I've gotten three Physician's Staves and two Chocobo Brushes.

I'm never getting a good Medica BSB, am I?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Rosa SSB and that's it. Hopefully that and the dud FFVI pull from last night purges any bad luck I have for the remainder of the lucky draws.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
at least they were kind enough to not put tiny bee on the banner or we'd all be getting that

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I never realized how many people didn't have a healing BSB. I guess I've been taking them for granted because the game kept dumping them on me. I have 4 of them so far somehow, and I've pulled dupes on two of those.

Of course the only one I ever use is Vanille, except in those two white magic Nightmare dungeons. I have Eiko's, which looks like it might be good for my physical team, but she's so drat squishy and has no record dive. Should I try her out anyway? Is the crit boost really all that noticeable, and is it worth the drawbacks? It already feels hard to go back to anything that isn't instant cast.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Should I try her out anyway? Is the crit boost really all that noticeable, and is it worth the drawbacks? It already feels hard to go back to anything that isn't instant cast.

It is nearly a 25% increase in damage for physical teams, assuming you aren't already capped.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

at least they were kind enough to not put tiny bee on the banner or we'd all be getting that

Don't worry, that's what we'll all be getting on Friday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

KPC_Mammon posted:

It is nearly a 25% increase in damage for physical teams, assuming you aren't already capped.

Oh, well poo poo. I haven't looked too closely at the formulas and stuff after the attack softcap got raised, but I'm guessing I'm not capped most of the time anymore, so I might have to give Eiko a whirl.

• Locked thread