Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin
this administration's lying in the gutter with its pants down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

tacodaemon posted:

what do you think spicey looks like naked

:whitewater: dont ask this question

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rand is reading huffpo.....

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

They just want this thing to die in Congress so they can just say "Whelp we tried" and stop bothering with healthcare aren't they, then they can keep blaming Obama for everything like the good ol days. They're terrified of accountability even more than they're terrified of Hilary Clinton

Augus fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Mar 22, 2017

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
What if the combination of a lack of an individual mandate plus requiring coverage for pre-existing conditions with no surcharge causes the entire health insurance industry to collapse, forcing the government to step in and take over insurance for everyone in the country?

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

euphronius posted:

It melted my brain the day it came out

I realized then we might be ok because the people in the GOP are real dumb

Here's the secret: The GOP gets their information from FOX like their base, believes what their base believes, and is about as intelligent. We'd be way better off if they were just manipulating the rubes for their corporate masters, the problem is they are the rubes themselves.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Utz posted:

this administration's lying in the gutter with its pants down

:same:

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

brugroffil posted:

FYI they changed the game bigly 15 years ago or so and now it sucks real bad

tbf it sucked before too

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Augus posted:

They just want this thing to die in Congress so they can "Whelp we try" and stop bothering with healthcare aren't they, then blame Obama for everything like the good ol days

That doesn't seem like a smart plan

Primaries are less than a year away

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

brugroffil posted:

FYI they changed the game bigly 15 years ago or so and now it sucks real bad

they also hosed up hi-ho cherry-o

what a lovely timeline to be living in

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Nothing matters. Mars attacks at dusk. Welcome oblivion.

:same:
:agreed:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

tacodaemon posted:

david brock looms large in pizzagate conspiracy poo poo (because he used to date the owner of the pizza place) so i'm sure they'll have some loony take on it

there's that and also conspiracy types HATE shareblue (sharia blue, because sharing is bad)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

euphronius posted:

Rand is reading huffpo.....

We're in strange times.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

deathbysnusnu posted:

Here's the secret: The GOP gets their information from FOX like their base, believes what their base believes, and is about as intelligent. We'd be way better off if they were just manipulating the rubes for their corporate masters, the problem is they are the rubes themselves.

Yeah the old school GOP who didn't grow up on rw garbage propaganda are surprisingly looking good in retrospect and comparison

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

1) lol

2) [Arrested Development Narrator] They were not.

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

gregday posted:

the most frustrating part of all this is that when these policies inevitably ruin the lives of all these trump voters, not a single goddamn one of them will come to their senses. they will come away saying "Ah, well you can't trust any politicians. All government is bad." and start the cycle all over again, with republicans stoking the fires even more.

That's the beauty of it... they won't say that because they'll be dead.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lol at the freedom Caucasus saving America

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

tacodaemon posted:

they also hosed up hi-ho cherry-o

what a lovely timeline to be living in

what the hell how do you gently caress up hi-ho cheery-o?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/844610469373661184

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Oh god they're playing Spicer's comments about Westminster on Sky News and I'm so embarrassed

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

This is obviously fake, that tie is not screaming Trump loudly enough.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

euphronius posted:

Yeah the old school GOP who didn't grow up on rw garbage propaganda are surprisingly looking good in retrospect and comparison

Mitch McConnell takes up a lot of real estate in my head. I hate him with the fury of a thousand suns because he's one of the few politicians still capable of a long game even if it is insanely destructive and doesn't stick his dick into a blender constantly by knowing when to shut up and walk back into the shadows. On the other hand, at least he has the potential to be a rational actor while Ryan and Rand are AI programs meant to kill the poor.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

euphronius posted:

I think Drudge was the #1 news source for Congressional Republicans at one point, maybe still is.

They went all-in in the 1990's with destroying the very idea of bipartisan compromise and still have their lovely Hastert Rule.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

euphronius posted:

That doesn't seem like a smart plan

Primaries are less than a year away

🤔

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Lol at this

https://twitter.com/allegrakirkland/status/844621379051900935

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

euphronius posted:

I mean at least they knew what a government is, and how to properly manipulate their dementia-riddled president.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

brugroffil posted:

what the hell how do you gently caress up hi-ho cheery-o?

they added some cooperative play option with like a bird puzzle where you have to work together to get the fruit off the tree before the puzzle is done or something like that

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

brugroffil posted:

I think Drudge was the #1 news source for Congressional Republicans at one point, maybe still is.

They went all-in in the 1990's with destroying the very idea of bipartisan compromise and still have their lovely Hastert Rule.

lol that the gop has a rule named after a child molester

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Getting rid of earmarks was a mistake

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It's obviously not a smart plan. They're not smart. They're giant babies who have been getting high on their own supply.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

brugroffil posted:

drudge was king in the late 90s/early 00s in conservative internet media

still has a very strong grasp on the older crowd

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lol they follow a rule named after a disgraced pedophile

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

“Being president gives you great power,” Trump said.

:allears:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Augus posted:

It's obviously not a smart plan. They're not smart. They're giant babies who have been getting high on their own supply.

Oh

I still haven't understood what that emoji means

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Thoguh posted:

What if the combination of a lack of an individual mandate plus requiring coverage for pre-existing conditions with no surcharge causes the entire health insurance industry to collapse, forcing the government to step in and take over insurance for everyone in the country?

what if that happened, except the government did nothing because the idea of government healthcare is communist fascism and we should just wait for the free market to fix it

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I'm assuming the Hastert rule is "Rape kids and huff glue"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

euphronius posted:

Lol they follow a rule named after a disgraced pedophile
Yeah, pal, a disgraced pedophile named Uncle Sam. Love it or leave it! :911:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Office Pig posted:

All this manfort questioning makes me opine for Russian newspaper releases

wasn't there literal headlines being like "LOL AMERICA IS OURS"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Thoguh posted:

var in_office = ''

if (dems = suck){
in_office = 'gop';
}
else {
in_office = 'minority_dems';
}

function will_healthcare_suck(in_office){
test = in_office === 'gop' ? true : false;
return test;
}

• Locked thread