Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

nsaP posted:

Well you still haven't said...all I did was ask. Go for the magnet bro, no skin off my dick. I was just trying to figure out your motivation to make a suggestion because magnet sticking your phone to the tank is one of the dumbest ideas I've read on the forum but I'm trying this new thing where I try to understand people before coming right out and calling them retarded.

Why though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Roll charts FTW. They also tend to crash less and don't care if gps signal is available.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
yeah he's totally going to want a mount the frame/spindles/other goodies associated with a roll chart when a RAM mount is too much clutter on his bars

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

We have cultivated enough posters who act this way that it has become unnecessary for me to. I've been taking a backseat.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

nsaP posted:

We have cultivated enough posters who act this way that it has become unnecessary for me to. I've been taking a backseat.

Your seed of cuntyness has blossomed into a magnificent rear end in a top hat tree.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Jazzzzz posted:

yeah he's totally going to want a mount the frame/spindles/other goodies associated with a roll chart when a RAM mount is too much clutter on his bars

You may not like it, but this is what the ideal fairing looks like.

nsaP posted:

Well done.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Slavvy posted:

Your seed of cuntyness has blossomed into a magnificent rear end in a top hat tree.

My ears are burning.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Chichevache posted:

My ears are burning.

You're not supposed to put it in your ears ffs

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Just use headphones like a prole.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

When going long distance, memorize the directions, check out the signs to follow on street view or something. Instead of worrying about your phone falling off, getting wet or hit by a rock etc etc, just pull it out of your pocket at gas stops to check the map. It's usually not that many turns in a trip even though you might ride hundreds of miles. On the last leg, put some earphones in and let the turn by turn take you to the final destination if needed. Electronic maps are awesome, but turn by turn navigation is a notorious attention stealer which makes its user stupid.

e: this makes me miss desktop google maps from a few updates ago. It was at its best maybe three years ago. You could have multiple routes in layers while planning and you could simply click a turn to get a street view of the intersection so you could scout the signs and lanes.

Ola fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Mar 21, 2017

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
Yeah, I had tyre installed on all my machines and syncing the itn files with dropbox for planning after they nerfed google maps routing, now I use myroute instead.

I start in myrouteapp.com and export my routes at itn files over to my tomtom rider. I use google maps, finn kart and norgeskart to check maps/aerial photos(they all got different sat/plane photo databases). Many of the small roads I ride on don't have proper street signs so I use gps all the time. But, I have it mouted real high up so I don't have to glance far down, and what I mostly look at is a quick glance on how long to the next turn off. When I ride solo I got voice nav on, when in group voice off. But, I always plan my routes, I don't just have my gps plan it for me so I generally know the route halfway anyway.

Might need to make a free account to see -> https://www.myrouteapp.com/route/open/176010

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Blastowners.txt

https://greenbay.craigslist.org/mcy/6034831677.html

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I wish there was a "gently caress this obnoxious rear end in a top hat" flag on Craigslist.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
That's... that's actually a pretty slick idea. Covers the "how low will you go" questions, as well as giving the option to say "sure, come back between x dates for that price, if it's still available" or just taking the lowest price offer.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

~290 weeks pass~

12/1 - 12/7 2022. -$1000

Guys c'mon, you'll get the bike and a thousand bucks now. :( Please?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Coydog posted:

That's... that's actually a pretty slick idea. Covers the "how low will you go" questions, as well as giving the option to say "sure, come back between x dates for that price, if it's still available" or just taking the lowest price offer.

yeah except it's 10 dollars discount a week. 0.5 percent of what he's asking.

"hoo loving boy, if I just wait until the end of summer I might save enough to buy the bike and one new tire!"

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Coydog posted:

All it will do is make people lowball you for less than the final week price in the first week.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Sagebrush posted:

"hoo loving boy, if I just wait until the end of summer I might save enough to buy the bike and one new tire!"

Oh :lol: I didn't notice that.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

All it will do is make people lowball you for less than the final week price in the first week.

So, craigslist as normal, then?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Sagebrush posted:

Yeah, this. Anybody who wants a Blast (:haw:) isn't going to be gambling a $10/week price drop numbers game, they're going to offer you a lovely Civic or a tattoo.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

builds character posted:

Well done.

RAM mounted flux capacitor

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I don't know if this is blastowners so much as someone who thought they could flip a blast easily.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Too much of a Hot rod for him. Whelp.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Maybe don't post screenshots that include people's phone numbers in them?

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

epsilon posted:

Maybe don't post screenshots that include people's phone numbers in them?

oh no someone found my phone number i put on a public listings site that is accessible from anywhere and anyone on the internet

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
See? I wanted to say that exact thing but instead I just let it go and Razzled came around and did it for me.

I planted the poo poo seeds and look at the fruit of my labors.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Nice puppetmaster offense.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

builds character posted:

Well done.

Catch any sweet bluegill with that fish finder?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
I rode a bunch of narrow twisty mountain roads today. On one of them I got stuck behind a rented car going about 15 miles an hour and still slowing down for every turn. No safe passing points and the rental car driver was, as usual, blind to the "SLOW TRAFFIC MUST USE PULLOUTS" sign. Oh well, just slow down and enjoy the view, I guess.

A few minutes later an Audi came up behind me driving too fast and braked hard. Tailgated for thirty seconds, then honked at me as we passed a pullout. I looked back and he was waving at the pullout like I was supposed to get out of the way? I gestured at the slow car ahead of me and made a shrugging motion, then slid up onto the gas tank and swung my legs back and forth beside the bike like I was walking along. Making fun of the car in front, you know.

I think Mr. Audi must have thought I was mocking him, though, because a few miles later as I slowed down to turn off the road, I heard his engine roar and he squealed by illegally in the opposite lane, then swung back in narrowly avoiding a pickup coming the other direction.

Some people. :allears:

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

My neighbor has an Audi he's been adding performance mods to and I think I broke his heart when he asked about racing a motorcycle and I told him he didn't stand a chance (depending on the bike).

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Schroeder91 posted:

My neighbor has an Audi he's been adding performance mods to and I think I broke his heart when he asked about racing a motorcycle and I told him he didn't stand a chance (depending on the bike).

god that's gotta be so much money

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

A competently ridden 300 ninja would probably be able to keep up depending on the road. Wasn't there someone here who couldn't shake some guy on a Honda nighthawk through some twisted roads in some hot 500hp boyracer car?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
A car should smash a 300 on twisty bits. The only place a bike should be able to take a fast car with a competent driver is somewhere with a decent amount of short straights, and bikes with poor acceleration won't even be able to do that. Cars should always be quicker in the turns and braking but they have it a bit tougher on the road cause their lane is so small wrt the vehicle size, it's hard to keep good lines.

Really the only advantage that bikes have is acceleration so if you take that away the car should stomp the bike. A 100 hp bike starts running out of steam over 100mph or so whereas a 500 hp car will keep pulling.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
all bikes are good for is baiting cars into races and then watching as they get pulled over instead of you.

and by baiting i mean getting really loving lucky and laughing all the way to the bank when a mercedes driver got pulled over for donging with a tuono and gsxr just because he was in the far left lane

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

revmoo posted:

Catch any sweet bluegill with that fish finder?

You should see what's under the hood.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Carth Dookie posted:

Wasn't there someone here who couldn't shake some guy on a Honda nighthawk through some twisted roads in some hot 500hp boyracer car?
Space Whale, I think he claimed it was a Raider, and he'll be here in a minute to correct you about the hp of his CTS-V.

Carth Dookie posted:

A competently ridden 300 ninja would probably be able to keep up depending on the road.
And that was like the first reply to the story.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
He probably can't comfortably actuate the gas pedal of his CTS because of the extreme foot to pedal angle caused by his 36 inch inseam.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

rally posted:

He probably can't comfortably actuate the gas pedal of his CTS because of the extreme foot to pedal angle caused by his 36 inch inseam.

:captainpop:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

rally posted:

lol

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Carth Dookie posted:

A competently ridden 300 ninja would probably be able to keep up depending on the road. Wasn't there someone here who couldn't shake some guy on a Honda nighthawk through some twisted roads in some hot 500hp boyracer car?

that was also Spacewhale, it was a Raider iirc, and he made a craigslist missed connections post over it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Yeah I was test driving a buddy's E55 AMG and some dudes on ratted out sportbikes thought they could play with grandpa and they were wroooooong.