Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

dogsicle posted:

maybe the person asking about Fate's barrier to entry has an interest in experiencing it, and would appreciate advice along those lines.

Sure, you can interpret

Aurora posted:

How difficult is Fate to get into

as "what is the easiest way to get into Fate, for I who would like to get into Fate no matter what".

I choose to interpret it as "is the difficulty of getting into Fate high or low relative to the value I will probably get out of it", and I think the answer is pretty high, and the value isn't that big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Sure but instead of disagreeing with people more by saying what amounts to "lol don't" you could've just stated your original opinion like you did and moved on

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i choose to interpret you as a bitch-rear end fucker

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I just think it's lame to tell someone to not even try to get in to something if there are enough people saying that it might be worth getting in to for anyone

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Sorry, I want to encourage people to like what I enjoy, and discourage people from investing lots of time in what I didn't.

EDIT: VVV Alright. I was just replying to someone who replied to me. Do I really need four of you to tell me I shouldn't be dragging this out?

EDIT2:

Endorph posted:

did you ever consider that maybe the guy would like the thing you didn't like

I guess I'd better not reply to this question.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Mar 22, 2017

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Fangz posted:

Sure, you can interpret

as "what is the easiest way to get into Fate, for I who would like to get into Fate no matter what".

I choose to interpret it as "is the difficulty of getting into Fate high or low relative to the value I will probably get out of it", and I think the answer is pretty high, and the value isn't that big.

this is what you should've said, and then proceeded to stop posting

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

did you ever consider that maybe the guy would like the thing you didn't like

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm a girl :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Aurora posted:

guy in the gender neutral sense

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Aurora posted:

There's a lot of misogynist nonsense in the first third of the VN if that is a dealbreaker to you.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I think I'll give the VN a shot, I just have a harder time playing through one of those rather than just watching something, but if it's the better option to start off with I'll try to.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

The Worst Writing and Most Heinous Misogyny

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

guy in the gender neutral sense

What the.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Aurora posted:

I think I'll give the VN a shot, I just have a harder time playing through one of those rather than just watching something, but if it's the better option to start off with I'll try to.

if you don't enjoy the format after giving it a shot you could try the ufotable ubw anime, though it kinda sticks too rigidly to the VN in places so there's lots of scenes of characters just sitting around talking.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
You guys like anime?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ23ztD_Uxo

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Looks pretty good. I'll have to see the actual dance scenes before I commit though. The manga does action so well, the anime has a high bar to get over.

still kinda wish it was the other ballroom dancing manga though

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mirage posted:

still kinda wish it was the other ballroom dancing manga though

I wish it was this one

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

When the two meet, something's bound to happen.

I wonder what's going to happen

oh

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
Rumors of a new Gundam being announced on March 24th.

It is called Mobile Suit Gundam Twillight Axis and will be directed by Se Jun Kim. It looks to be based off a light novel that is being serialized in Yatate Bunko.

http://www.moetron.com/post/158703451043/mobile-suit-gundam-twilight-axis-anime-announced

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

forget about gundumb, heres a babysitting anime

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
The actual Fate route is a solid Urban Fantasy adventure romp with most of the usual story telling tropes; what makes FSN shine for me is how the next two routes kinda go back and look at the original work as a retrospective taking it apart and then putting it back together.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

psyer posted:

It is called Mobile Suit Gundam Twillight Axis and will be directed by Se Jun Kim. It looks to be based off a light novel that is being serialized in Yatate Bunko.

http://www.moetron.com/post/158703451043/mobile-suit-gundam-twilight-axis-anime-announced

I like those character designs

good Gundam too

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Raenir Salazar posted:

The actual Fate route is a solid Urban Fantasy adventure romp with most of the usual story telling tropes; what makes FSN shine for me is how the next two routes kinda go back and look at the original work as a retrospective taking it apart and then putting it back together.
Yeah. FSN, perhaps more than any other VN I can think of, utilizes its route structure in a surprisingly intelligent way in terms of characterization and contrasting storylines.The way certain characters behave and interact changing route-to-route, as well as the way story beats do or do not play out, is really neat as you progress through. Both of the better, later two routes would lose a decent amount without the background knowledge from Fate.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS9UW2xjdqE

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Dryzen posted:

I just think it's lame to tell someone to not even try to get in to something if there are enough people saying that it might be worth getting in to for anyone

The major point of this subforum is that we are not "enough people". If people want that there are plenty of echo chambers out there to wade in. While we have popularity contests and things, this is a place where different opinions can be expressed so that anyone individually can freely form their own opinion.

I think dissenting opinions should be encouraged and challenged, just as those opinions themselves try to challenge the majority. Discouraging them is what really feels lame.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont think you followed this conversation at all, and also there's a difference between a dissenting opinion and 'heh that's poo poo don't bother'

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I feel justified in saying that's it's not worthwhile wading through 20-30 loving hours of the Fate route to get to the bit that is maybe good. At least enough for this to count as a dissenting opinion. There's a point at which 'oh give it a try' doesn't cut it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the fate route is good :twisted: :evil:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It is exceedingly difficult to revist the Fate route after you've already played the game, I will say. When I reread the VN when the 2012 RN patch came out it took me months to get through Fate because so much of it is obviously spent on establishing the skeleton of the story and thus has more exposition and over-explanations than the rest. A lot of characters are just kind of weirdly portrayed, which perhaps might be a given since their incarnations have evolved so much over the years. Its HGW is also the most by the books and the least interesting of any that I can think of.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

psyer posted:

When are they announcing a Frozen Teardrop anime?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

chumbler posted:

When are they announcing a Frozen Teardrop anime?

It seems like they'd do that as an OVA, but the OVA lineup is currently pretty full with Thunderbolt, Origin, and Build Fighters

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

AnacondaHL posted:

I think dissenting opinions should be encouraged and challenged, just as those opinions themselves try to challenge the majority. Discouraging them is what really feels lame.

I agree but my point was more of

Endorph posted:

there's a difference between a dissenting opinion and 'heh that's poo poo don't bother'

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

yes I do

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
So, uh, I guess this is real then:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-22/netflix-live-action-death-note-film-1st-trailer-shows-nat-wolff-as-light/.113765

Willem Defoe as Ryuk, somehow that seems just right.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Lucy, I think we can go ahead and still use last season's Natsume thread, if you wouldn't mind linking it in the OP. I'll go ahead and update its OP soon.

Also, it deserves sirens.

Done. :coffeepal:

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Natsume Yuujinchou Roku
Shuka | ... | ... | Slice of Life, Supernatural, Drama, Fantasy, Shoujo | Manga | ...
Season 6 of Natsume Yuujinchou.
Thread

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the part that doesnt seem right is the part where light is white

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Dryzen posted:

I agree but my point was more of

It was the contrapositive of the typical "heh its good watch it" statement. Both are weak but have use, especially in a comedy forum. It was a satirical post (opinion me) but man some of you are taking this way too personally.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sup my fellow American, my name is Light, written as Moon

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

*extremely smug rear end in a top hat voice* yeah it's p good give it a try

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'll take a hot pocket... and eat it!!!!

• Locked thread