Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

I use the exact same cable with a different 20,000mAh battery (Anker) and with my USB charger thing on my night stand. Works great on both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The giant frog boss in Master Blaster Zero was kicking my rear end. I think it's name was RibbiRoll or something. I'm hoping Bloodstained will be good as a not-Castlevania when that comes out

If the E3 demo is any indication, it's headed in the right direction.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Beastie posted:

Played Binding of Isaac for 20 minutes after I finished lunch. I'm in over my head.

Please give me 5 tips that I didn't learn in the first 3 attempts.

-In every floor there are always 2 secret rooms that can be accessed via bombing their walls. One of them must be adjacent to 2+ rooms but not the boss room. The other must be adjacent to only a single room. Sometimes you can guess where these secret rooms are are by looking at the map and eliminating rooms with blocked sides (like stones or empty floor). If the 2+ room is adjacent to a locked room you can use it as a passage instead of using keys.

-To increase your chances to get a devil room after a boss you must avoid getting red heart damage the entire floor (soul heart damage is fine). Blood donation machines don't affect this.

-If you make a devil deal you won't get any angel rooms for the entire run (unless you have certain items)

-Having good damage and tear rate are the most important factors for a successful run. If you can kill everything quickly you are more likely to take less damage.

-Some items are crap and taking them is more detrimental than skipping them. At first you should try everything so you know what it does but once you do don't be afraid to leave stuff behind.

Bonus: If you see a slightly off-color rock with a little "X" you can bomb it for loot.

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 22, 2017

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
When will we get battletoads?

haha just kidding, Rareware is dead these days.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Lemming posted:

If you want to go back and constantly farm the best weapons you're sure free to, but it's not automatically more effective than playing normally because it's going to take you a lot, lot longer. You'd be trading your time for effectiveness in combat, which is both a fine decision to make and also not by default the "best" thing you could do to beat the game. I trade time for effectiveness in combat in different ways, by grabbing food and resources while exploring to get food that helps me fight. If you wanted to do a similar thing by raiding the castle constantly you could do that too! They are both effective, valid ways of playing because the weapon durability system exists. If it didn't you'd be gimping yourself by not grabbing the best stuff right off the bat, which would be lame.

Once you get the Shrine in Hyrule Castle getting there is a non-issue, and with Shrines all over the world it would be easy to just warp, restock and warp back to a point that's probably a 5 minute walk away from where you last were.

Who would it be lame for? You wouldn't be gimping yourself at all not going for it, you'd just be playing the game the way it was meant to be played, so it would be balanced the whole way through.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

So to talk about other games more and less about stupid loving weapon sperging in Zelda, aside from Fast RMX, what seems to be worth getting?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Arms needs to come out soon so I can start training for EVO

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I liked weapon durability before I realized that if it didn't exist neither would these posts.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

shortspecialbus posted:

So to talk about other games more and less about stupid loving weapon sperging in Zelda, aside from Fast RMX, what seems to be worth getting?
If you have a lot of friends, Bomberman is exactly what it says. Although maybe wait for price drop, as $50 seems a bit much

Binding of Isaac features a ton of replay value, and while $40 seems a lot it does include all of the DLC.

Shovel Knight, if you haven't played it, is an excellent NES-style platformer in the vein of Mega Man, but way less punishing. It also includes all three campaigns released thus far, and there's at least one more coming.

Blaster Master Zero has been getting solid reviews if you like retro stuff.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

shortspecialbus posted:

For those of you with the HDMI switching issues, do you have CEC turned on or off?

That's the option that turns your TV On/Off right? I have it off on my TV but I don't think I ever turned it off on the Switch as well. Maybe I'll try that.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Othello comes out tomorrow on the US eshop so I guess I'll be getting that.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The giant frog boss in Master Blaster Zero was kicking my rear end. I think it's name was RibbiRoll or something. I'm hoping Bloodstained will be good as a not-Castlevania when that comes out

Just shoot up when he jumps up and the ceiling falls down.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dizz posted:

When will we get battletoads?

haha just kidding, Rareware is dead* these days.

* Owned by Microsoft + most of the creative team left (to make Yooka Laylee)

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

s.i.r.e. posted:

Once you get the Shrine in Hyrule Castle getting there is a non-issue, and with Shrines all over the world it would be easy to just warp, restock and warp back to a point that's probably a 5 minute walk away from where you last were.

Who would it be lame for? You wouldn't be gimping yourself at all not going for it, you'd just be playing the game the way it was meant to be played, so it would be balanced the whole way through.

Spending the time required to farm the weapons that only appear every so often is the trade off. It's still not going to save you time since it would still take a while to do.

Yes, if the game was totally rebalanced for removing the weapon durability system it could work. The entire point of the argument is that they would have to rebalance the entire game to get it to work that way. It would, as a result, be a different game. However, the game as it is is done really well and the weapon durability system is a key part of how everything gels together.

Pants Donkey posted:

Arms needs to come out soon so I can start training for EVO

I've been training 6 hours every day, in my mind, during my Switch Medidation Session. I have already decided Spring Man is OP.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Infinitum posted:

* Owned by Microsoft + most of the creative team left (to make Yooka Laylee)

Time for them to make BattleSharks then or BattleMice from Mars....

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

FireMrshlBill posted:

Time for them to make BattleSharks then or BattleMice from Mars....

Battle Corps

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

robodex posted:

That's the option that turns your TV On/Off right? I have it off on my TV but I don't think I ever turned it off on the Switch as well. Maybe I'll try that.

Power on/off is one of several CEC features, which also include "switching inputs." So yeah, maybe try disabling it everywhere and see if it helps.

Although if you have CEC entirely disabled on the TV it still shouldn't switch inputs. If you only disabled the CEC power-off feature, then yeah, that's probably what it is.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
VideoGames, please change the thread title back to what it was before

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Pants Donkey posted:

If you have a lot of friends, Bomberman is exactly what it says. Although maybe wait for price drop, as $50 seems a bit much

Binding of Isaac features a ton of replay value, and while $40 seems a lot it does include all of the DLC.

Shovel Knight, if you haven't played it, is an excellent NES-style platformer in the vein of Mega Man, but way less punishing. It also includes all three campaigns released thus far, and there's at least one more coming.

Blaster Master Zero has been getting solid reviews if you like retro stuff.

Bomberman is a possibility, it looks like. I have Isaac and Shovel Knight for other platforms. I'm kind of sick of retro unless it's absolutely awesome enough.

It looks like this will probably turn out like the WiiU for me where I get everything multi-platform on PC or PS4, and only get the big Nintendo exclusives on this. I do hope they make a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles X, though. I loved that game so much.

It does have the benefit of being able to bridge between the 3DS and a full console so that if I want to play something in bed then I can still play a full game on a large(r than the 3DS) screen, at least, so I don't think it was a dumb purchase or anything. I am just worried that Nintendo will be pushing stupid Virtual Console stuff and nostalgia retro-style games too much again. Oh well, we'll see!

Edit: I'm old and grew up on NES and didn't even get an SNES until just before college in the very late 90's. I played enough retro games when they were new. It was neat to play them again a few years back on the Wii, but I don't need to keep playing retro games.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Nintendo Switch: You don't have one? HAHAHAHAHHA

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nintendo Have-A-Bitch Thread

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

The current title is pretty nice.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

>Nintendo Switch Thread: Docking, Desynch, and Durability Discussions

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Hey, so, anyone looking for a Pro Controller - yesterday I ordered one marked as "Ships before 3/31" from Gamestop online. I just got the ship notification on it. So, may be a worthwhile source for anyone trying to find one. I might have just gotten lucky.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Bloop posted:

>Nintendo Switch Thread: Docking, Desynch, and Durability Discussions

Also don't forgot something about even finding the system.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
Have there been any joy cons included with a system purchased at launch that are confirmed to have the black foam piece without being sent in for repair?

I realize it's easy to say "yeah probably" but have any been seen?

I'm just trying to rationalize how some people, myself included, are having zero issues with their joy cons.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

My switch is ready for some golf on the go.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rirse posted:

Also don't forgot something about even finding the system.

>Nintendo Switch: Docking, Desynch, Durability, and Delivery Date Discussions

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Macintosh HD posted:

Have there been any joy cons included with a system purchased at launch that are confirmed to have the black foam piece without being sent in for repair?

I realize it's easy to say "yeah probably" but have any been seen?

I'm just trying to rationalize how some people, myself included, are having zero issues with their joy cons.

The black foam piece is specifically for a manufacturing issue which did not effect every lot (a.k.a production run). There have also been reports that newer joycon shipments have an updated circuit board.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Lemming posted:

Spending the time required to farm the weapons that only appear every so often is the trade off. It's still not going to save you time since it would still take a while to do.

Yes, if the game was totally rebalanced for removing the weapon durability system it could work. The entire point of the argument is that they would have to rebalance the entire game to get it to work that way. It would, as a result, be a different game. However, the game as it is is done really well and the weapon durability system is a key part of how everything gels together.

While I do enjoy the weapon durability system the game has going on, I feel like it's a little overdone especially with stronger weapons really not lasting all that much longer than low tier stuff. I also think it's a missed opportunity that there's no way to regain certain weapons. Have some weapons (not the post dungeon ones) be able to reforged or buyable with a smithy or something that you help to deck out his forge, have some only be reforged via Fairy's that require certain mats, have the Guardian stuff require a recharge at Cherry for a fee. Maybe have a demon weapon that returns with a Blood Moon. Leave the weapon in the player's inventory and give them the option to hold onto it and waste a weapon slot or chuck it and have it be permanently destroyed until another is found. I think that'd be a better balance since there's a lot of times where I avoided a confrontation because a lot of the time it would just cost me a good weapon for nothing in return.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Ohtsam posted:

The black foam piece is specifically for a manufacturing issue which did not effect every lot (a.k.a production run). There have also been reports that newer joycon shipments have an updated circuit board.

Ah, so the piece is something they add to the faulty ones to correct the symptom rather than replace the faulty part with the part inside the working joycons?

EDIT: My sentence is hard to parse. My question is basically asking if the black foam corrects the symptom rather than correct the cause of the symptom itself? I.E. faulty joycons might have a bad circuit board, for instance, which can be rendered problem-free by including the foam, even if the circuit board is still faulty

Macintosh HD fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Mar 22, 2017

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

TheScott2K posted:

It's fine, at best.

I'm currently at "pretty cool" or "solid" because I've liked it pretty well since launch

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

shortspecialbus posted:

if you dont have shovel knight, its the greatest mega man game ever created

Wendell
May 11, 2003

You are a strong and good thread creator, Alfalfa.

NormenKD
Jul 14, 2013

Macintosh HD posted:

Ah, so the piece is something they add to the faulty ones to correct the symptom rather than replace the faulty part with the part inside the working joycons?

EDIT: My sentence is hard to parse. My question is basically asking if the black foam corrects the symptom rather than correct the cause of the symptom itself? I.E. faulty joycons might have a bad circuit board, for instance, which can be rendered problem-free by including the foam, even if the circuit board is still faulty

according to that article from earlier (updated with official Nintendo statement):

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/03/report-nintendo-is-fixing-disconnecting-joy-cons-with-conductive-foam/ posted:

There is no design issue with the Joy-Con controllers, and no widespread proactive repair or replacement effort is underway. A manufacturing variation has resulted in wireless interference with a small number of the left Joy-Con. Moving forward this will not be an issue, as the manufacturing variation has been addressed and corrected at the factory level.
We have determined a simple fix can be made to any affected Joy-Con to improve connectivity.

So i guess what ever part of the PCB/Shielding/Whatever got borked by that one sloppy factory Worker will stay as it is, but that foam can counteract it. So the problem is still there.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

If you found a super strong OH sword, you would always use that sword when you need a OH weapon. The same goes for any category.

What a terrible problem

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Earth Table posted:

I've been noticing that when my TV (nothing fancy or out of the ordinary; just a standard, not-smart 40something'' LG I got from Target) is on another input, sometimes the notifcation window will pop up saying that it's found a new connection to HDMI2, where my Switch is docked and on sleep mode. Obviously, It does this when the Switch is newly docked, but it will curiously do it even when it's been docked all day. Has anyone else run into this issue? My PS4 never does it despite being constantly plugged in and on sleep mode as well.

I have this issue to. It will need nintendo to notice and do a firmware change i imagine. Until then the dock is in a draw

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

NormenKD posted:

according to that article from earlier (updated with official Nintendo statement):

So i guess what ever part of the PCB/Shielding/Whatever got borked by that one sloppy factory Worker will stay as it is, but that foam can counteract it. So the problem is still there.

Makes sense, thanks

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

I have this issue to. It will need nintendo to notice and do a firmware change i imagine. Until then the dock is in a draw

Jeff Gerstmann of giant bomb fame bought the most expensive LG OLED display he could find and yes the switch does it on that one as well. It's a weird LG:Switch compatibility thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

incoherent posted:

Jeff Gerstmann of giant bomb fame bought the most expensive LG OLED display he could find and yes the switch does it on that one as well. It's a weird LG:Switch compatibility thing.

Im on samsung.

Its an issue for tvs with a feature called autofocus. Its not an hdmi cec thing as that option doesnt impact it when you toggle it on tv or switch. Mine doesnt just put up a window, it fully switches inputs several times an hour. Apparently some pcs cause the same issue but no other consoles have the issue

• Locked thread