Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

lol :drat:

I have my own petty reasons for not wanting Columbus to win the Cup and that is Ohio went to Trump and gently caress that noise.

And I guess Fartsmell is pro-Trump as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I'd be fine with the Jackets winning the Cup. They're not my first choice, but I'd much rather they won the Cup than some teams that will/could get in (Pittsburgh, Chicago, Calgary, Toronto to name a few).

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Kilza posted:

I'd be fine with the Jackets winning the Cup. They're not my first choice, but I'd much rather they won the Cup than some teams that will/could get in (Pittsburgh, Chicago, Calgary, Toronto to name a few).

Bad news: Pittsburgh will win the Stanley Cup.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Kilza posted:

Good news! Toronto will never win another Cup.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Ginette Reno posted:

I'd be okay with the Jackets winning if they didn't have Dubinsky but because they do I'm afraid I can't quite deal with that just yet

gently caress Dubinsky why aren't yinz rooting for Brooks Orpik and that Russian fellow

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ElwoodCuse posted:

gently caress Dubinsky why aren't yinz rooting for Brooks Orpik and that Russian fellow

I don't particularly like Orpik. Ovechkin is fine. If he wins, good for him.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

Ginette Reno posted:

I don't particularly like Orpik.

So Capitals fans and Penguins fans can find common ground after all.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ovie skates for Thursday night:

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/sites/csnma/files/skates1.png

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/sites/csnma/files/skates2.png

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-capitals/ovechkin-will-wear-custom-painted-skates-thursday-russian-heritage-night

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 22, 2017

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.

Super appropriate. Like, amazingly appropriate.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

yellowcar posted:

lol :drat:

I have my own petty reasons for not wanting Columbus to win the Cup and that is Ohio went to Trump and gently caress that noise.

And I guess Fartsmell is pro-Trump as well.

Fartsmell wanted to meet him but never expressed any support for him.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

JoelJoel posted:

Isn't it a bit early for this garbage to poo poo up the thread every 3rd post? At least wait until the playoffs start before spamming you hilarious hilarious gimmick.

I stole his lovely gimmick for. Baseball and the Cubs won the world series while the pirates did nothing sooooooo. It works as far as I can tell

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yeah but we don't understand the specifics of the process. Does credit go to the first person who announces it in a season, and their team gets the championship?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I would not be upset to see Dubi holding a cup over his head instead of a Gatorade cooler.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

xzzy posted:

Yeah but we don't understand the specifics of the process. Does credit go to the first person who announces it in a season, and their team gets the championship?

Clearly, in order to truly test this, we must all say that our team is going to win the Stanley Cup. This will surely ruin the N/V threads forever, turning it into complete chaos as people only post "THE [my team] ARE GOING TO WIN THE STANLEY CUP", but science dictates this must be done.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Forget science. This is magic.

The Pittsburgh Penguins will win the Stanley Cup.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Because it's the Blues, Paul Stastny is now listed week-to-week with what is most likely an ankle injury. Luckily their schedule is easy, but this will make squeaking into 3rd in the Central a bit more difficult.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

CDX posted:

Oh man your sat in the BMC on that hot as balls day?

It wasnt that hot. I dont think it ever went higher than 35. Also worth it since I missed the NHL players/cast showing up at some pub at like 1am. I wanted to show Seguin all of DOOMocrats Stars posts so he could watch a fan go from top of the world to suicide watch in the span of a single season. Sometimes in the span of a single game.

Apr 7, 2003

RC Cola posted:

I stole his lovely gimmick for. Baseball and the Cubs won the world series while the pirates did nothing sooooooo. It works as far as I can tell

If it works it isn't a lovely gimmick now is it?

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Drunk Canuck posted:

Kinda hosed up you guys are misremembering Calder and Conn Smythe winner Auston Matthews as he scored 21 points in the finals in a 4-0 sweep over the Sharks.

somebodys sweeping the sharks but it'll be in the second round cause they lookin like a piece a poo poo

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

xzzy posted:

Well imagine digging a hole with a shovel in one hand. You can do it, but your agility and strength is going to suck.

Crosby's good enough to make it work anyways.

Crosby saw Matthews do a one-handed tip-in earlier in the season and couldn't rest until he one-upped it

RC Cola posted:

Was that goaltender interference? Wondering from a canucks fan perspective.

There aren't any Canucks fans

Aphrodite posted:

I don't think coffee but everyone says that McDonalds is surprisingly the best you can get in a drivethrough.

It is

It's still bad

N: 3-2 for the leafs through 2

V: seeing them hold their own against one of the metro specials is pretty great

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

xzzy posted:

I :toxx:ed to missing the playoffs in 2015 and they won, so did I do it, or did they do it in spite of me? Or does even mentioning it make it impossible?

Edit: Then I :toxx: to Hillary so I'm 0-2.

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

Leafs overtake Boston in the standings. Currently positioned to play against Ottawa in the first round. :getin:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'm almost starting to feel as though I'd rather the CBJ run the Metro gauntlet than have to play Toronto/Ottawa/Boston, because they've played some frustrating games against those three this season.

Apr 7, 2003

Good Canadian Boy posted:

Leafs overtake Boston in the standings. Currently positioned to play against Ottawa in the first round. :getin:

Reminder; Jagr has more career points than the entire Leafs bench

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Kalenn Istarion posted:

There aren't any Canucks fans

I am a fan of the Canucks entire back office being fired and also of coach Willie D never coaching my team again

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Good Canadian Boy posted:

Looks like the boston bruins are just barely hanging on to that last wildcard spot :smug:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

It's insane to think that that has only happened twice in NHL history.

A sad postscript to Clint's story is when the same thing happened to Zednik, it set off PTSD in Clint and a suicide attempt :smith:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Rangers are garbage.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I want TOR-OTT and BOS-MTL in the first round and I will be very upset if the Islanders ruin that

-e- oh wait the wildcard is dumb and that might not be possible

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Is it even possible? Boston is 12 points behind the Rangers.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Suspicious posted:

Is it even possible? Boston is 12 points behind the Rangers.

If the Rangers have 6 home games then yeah.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Boston only has 9 games left to the islander's 10, is only up by 2 points, and is 3 games into a losing streak. Are they even going to make the playoffs?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Good news- my town's local access channel, which I stumbled across tonight, has NHL scores (among others) on the bottom of the screen when their placeholder programming is on. :eng101:

Bad news, it said "New York 3 New York 2", which would've been completely useless had I not seen the end of the game myself. :eng99:

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Powershift posted:

Boston only has 9 games left to the islander's 10, is only up by 2 points, and is 3 games into a losing streak. Are they even going to make the playoffs?

Meanwhile, habs are 10-3-1 under Julien. :getin:

edit: 10-4-1...

Spelling Mitsake fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Mar 23, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Powershift posted:

The Islanders? No.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

ElwoodCuse posted:

I will take anyone over CBJ. Seriously. gently caress them and gently caress Dubinsky.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Once Calgary loses to whoever, I'm rooting for Minny. I live 6 hours away, Eric Staal is from here, and I like Devan Dubnyk. Plus the Twin Cities have eaten poo poo as a sports area since the Twins won the WS in '91.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Powershift posted:

The only thing that would make me, as a Habs fan, happier than watching the Leafs eat poo poo and get humiliated in 4 games by the Caps would be watching the Bruins eat poo poo and not even make the playoffs.

So you could say we're in a win-win situation right now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Likely followed by a lose-lose-lose-lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
Cool stat I just saw: last year the Leafs had zero players with 50+ points. This year they have 5 players with 50+. In other good news, Roman Polak will have a hearing for his dumb hit.

DuhSal fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Mar 23, 2017

• Locked thread