Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Note Block posted:

Speaking of houses, I finally nabbed a small cottage in the Mist after a good year of searching for someone selling theirs. You can do A LOT with a little, and I'm very excited for the possibility of doubling my furnishing allotments in SB.

/respects to high tea

Whole album is here because I'm obsessed with my house: http://imgur.com/a/kdzmw

drat, that's nice! I just got a place in Lavender Beds this week! Chanced across a relinquished plot a minute after reset, but my place isn't as nicely furnished, mostly because I ran out of money! Whereabouts in Mist did you find you place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I don't quite rp, but I do catch myself treating my character as if they exist. Turning to face people when they talk to me. Doting on all FC mates. Sitting if I'm in a long queue or waiting for a PF to fill. I just get bored.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I look for cover when it's raining.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Using emotes in a dungeon gives +10% to commend chance.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Shy posted:

You have no idea how much it irritated me that there were very limited options for getting out of the rain in Idyllshire for so long. I was over the moon once they added the bar.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Azerban posted:

"You blow a kiss to The Boy And The Dragon Gay. "

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

i have a set of winter clothing for Ishgard and a set of robes for rain. This is 100% unnecessary but it feels dumb to be walking around lovely Snowtown in shorts or whatever.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Azerban posted:

The only emote I use is /haurchefant and that's only for tanks who pulled two packs and show no signs of stopping there.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
shirtless all day every day

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Azerban posted:

Are you telling me there are people who don't at least snap a quick emote at the boss when waiting for everyone to catch up to the barrier/hit ready?

Like, what's the point of the seasonal events if you don't go and /songbird Ser Charizard or Nidhogg?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Jinh posted:

"You blow a kiss to The Boy And The Dragon Gay. "

What the hell how did you find my character name

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Dragon gay, so what?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I try to throw /panic in before telegraphed tankbusters. /playdead happens whenever we're standing around. /straightface at another player whenever they do something dumb.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Near the end of fights, I like to silently /playdead and see if the healer gets really confused before moving on.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I /pdead when wipes are called. Turns out there's an animation for getting hit while down.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Leofish posted:

drat, that's nice! I just got a place in Lavender Beds this week! Chanced across a relinquished plot a minute after reset, but my place isn't as nicely furnished, mostly because I ran out of money! Whereabouts in Mist did you find you place?

Thank you! I saw your post and I feel a sense of solidarity with you :D

I'm in Ward 7, Plot 3 on Ultros. My beach view is "off-property" but it's still nice and I'm next to all the good stuff.

Fully furnishing the cottage took approximately four days. I paid 2.5 mil to the previous owner, another 3.3 mil to buy the lot, and spent roughly 1.5 mil to craft/buy my furnishings. I'm 60 in all DoH/L jobs and practically everything that could be crafted was, with the exception of the cello (cost to make was higher than to buy). The Tier 3 Aquarium, Star Chandelier, Orchestration, and Stuffed Carbuncle were the biggest pains in my rear end to craft. You can't see the side garden outside but I have a Shishi-Odoshi, which was also a PITA. I sadly don't have any carbuncle lanterns because the frosted glass lens component is ridiculously expensive on my server and the MogStation version is rather garish when turned on.

Note Block fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 22, 2017

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I have emote text turned off on the chat tab I mainly use.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

I have emote text turned off on the chat tab I mainly use.

mods?????????

Great White Hope!
Nov 12, 2006

Apparently asking people to have cleared content before joining your clear party makes you elitist.

E: Oops I guess i should have stated that our PF said "clear party no bonus".

Great White Hope! fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Mar 23, 2017

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Great White Hope! posted:

Apparently asking people to have cleared content before joining your clear party makes you elitist.

"Clear party" is generally accepted to mean that most or none of the group has cleared the fight yet but know enough of it to clear it. So yeah, it kind of does.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Yeah "Clear Party" is the party you join when you know you're good enough and just need to find 7 other people who don't suck. Spoilers: they will still be very, very bad.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Note Block posted:

Speaking of houses, I finally nabbed a small cottage in the Mist after a good year of searching for someone selling theirs. You can do A LOT with a little, and I'm very excited for the possibility of doubling my furnishing allotments in SB.

Whole album is here because I'm obsessed with my house: http://imgur.com/a/kdzmw
Wow, that looks great.

I suck at decorating. My FC house has a couple of tables and a hot tub, along with some posters.

I wish it were easier to preview items before buying/crafting them. I'm constantly surprised that things are half or double the size I expected.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I was under the impression a clear party was a party specifically getting together to clear content?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
A weekly savage clear party isnt a first time clear party necessarily.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Mr. Nice! posted:

A weekly savage clear party isnt a first time clear party necessarily.

If I saw "A9S clear party" with no qualifications I'd assume that people with bonus were allowed, since 95% of them specify "two chest no bonus"

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

If they thought this was a normal "clear party" I think they would be accusing Great White Hope of trying to get carried, not of being an elitist. Either way, "you will die and be put in the ground like everyone else" is amazing and reminds me of the trash talk before matches in old fighting games.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Finding a place in each fight to toss a kiss is my new personal challenge. Dote on my tether partner when I can in Zurvan. On Alex right before a freeze. On Sephirot before we can move for Yesod. It's great.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Martman posted:

If they thought this was a normal "clear party" I think they would be accusing Great White Hope of trying to get carried, not of being an elitist. Either way, "you will die and be put in the ground like everyone else" is amazing and reminds me of the trash talk before matches in old fighting games.

You must defeat my Soar to stand a chance.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
There are a ton of clear-party-for-one-person-please-carry-my-"friend" groups in PF these days.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
also now that people have basically given up on soar you see PFs valiantly holding the line on "skip demon's claw or disband" which is find personally hilarious

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy

Shy posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this.

Just two friends hanging out in Idyllshire :kimchi:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

E: Oops I guess i should have stated that our PF said "clear party no bonus".

as an fyi 'farm party' is probably a better descriptor for what you're looking for

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Note Block posted:

Thank you! I saw your post and I feel a sense of solidarity with you :D

I'm in Ward 7, Plot 3 on Ultros. My beach view is "off-property" but it's still nice and I'm next to all the good stuff.

Fully furnishing the cottage took approximately four days. I paid 2.5 mil to the previous owner, another 3.3 mil to buy the lot, and spent roughly 1.5 mil to craft/buy my furnishings. I'm 60 in all DoH/L jobs and practically everything that could be crafted was, with the exception of the cello (cost to make was higher than to buy). The Tier 3 Aquarium, Star Chandelier, Orchestration, and Stuffed Carbuncle were the biggest pains in my rear end to craft. You can't see the side garden outside but I have a Shishi-Odoshi, which was also a PITA. I sadly don't have any carbuncle lanterns because the frosted glass lens component is ridiculously expensive on my server and the MogStation version is rather garish when turned on.

I only had another 500k left to spend after I bought the plot and built the house, but I stripped my FC room bare. I was able to craft some of the things, but my DoH levels aren't very high. I ran Haukke unsynched to the wax chest like a dozen times to get the wax I needed to make all the manor chairs and couches I wanted. I'd love an aquarium, but I'd need to gather the mats and get someone else to make it. I may work on that over the weekend.

My plot is up and out of the way, Ward 5, Plot 34 in Lavender. It's on a little hill and gives a bit of a view of one of the waterfalls. MB and bell are a bit of walk, and the vendors are on the other side but it's nice and aetherytes are everywhere.

WhiteHowler posted:

Wow, that looks great.

I suck at decorating. My FC house has a couple of tables and a hot tub, along with some posters.

I wish it were easier to preview items before buying/crafting them. I'm constantly surprised that things are half or double the size I expected.

While it may not be exactly what you're looking for http://en.ff14housing.com/ has pictures of almost all the furniture on a tiled floor that gives you an idea of how big it is.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Y'all who get out of the rain instead of putting on your favorite outfit for showing wet skin, are either crazy or are playing potatoes (so, different flavor of crazy).

Also yeah, general terminology is:

Learning: I may know anywhere from none to most of the fight but I want to get better at it and am honest about my lack of knowledge.
Clear: I need to lose my V-card for it so the no-bonus farm groups will let me in. I may or may not actually know the fight well enough to play my part consistently.
Farm: I don't have a bonus and don't want anyone else who has a bonus. It remains to be seen if I or any of the others actually know the fight well enough to play our respective parts consistently.

As a general rule, if you're in a farm or clear, after an attempt or two you can pretty clearly identify who's got it down pat, who's close enough that it'll be fine and will probably be even closer to down-pat if they can get a few more kills under their belt, and who clearly needs to spend a lot more time in learning groups. If the leader's any good they'll kick people in the last category. If the leader is in the last category the party's a lost cause and the competent members should leave.

Weekly content (read: savage) can muddle that terminology a bit with the notion of a "weekly clear" so it's best to avoid the term and go with something like "weekly kill, 2 chest, no bonus" or whatever.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
I wish we got a Nier : Automata event with 2B's outfit but I realized Yoko Taro probably would be ashamed of the asses in this game and decided it wasn't worth the trouble.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I suddenly am not looking forward to when I hit 60 and have to learn all the different terminology just to get a group. :saddowns:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

A collaboration with Nier: Automata was planned, but plans fell through due to creative differences between Yoshi P and Yoko Taro, mostly stemming from their views on butt sliders.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

:five: for that put in the ground line, this is A grade trashtalk goddamn.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

as an fyi 'farm party' is probably a better descriptor for what you're looking for

you can't farm savage alex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

you can't farm savage alex.

Give it a few weeks. My static decided to go on hiatus, but once they unlock drops we plan to mash our faces against savage Creator for a week until we have all the drops we ever wanted / get sick of it forever.

• Locked thread