Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
My blue joycon is out for repair. Am I experiencing this right that I cannot play Snipper Clips with one JC and one Pro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

iajanus posted:

Ok just impulse bought fast rmx

Very fun

Although a bit tricky after a bottle of wine

I was hesitant and it's certainly not got the charms of FZero or Wipeout but I really do like it a lot!

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Guys, I'm sorry and I feel really bad about it, but I ordered a bundle from Gamestop. In my defense, it's the $490 one that has BotW, the Guide and Season Pass for it, all things I would buy anyways, and it also comes with a travel case that won't be used for it's intended purpose, but my daughter will probably fill it with shopkins or something. The headset will probably sit on a shelf until Nintendo gets off their loving rear end AND MAKES A NEW MONSTER HUNTER CONSOLE GAME.

So all in all, they only downside is that I'm supporting the war criminals at Gamestop.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Wendell posted:

You are a strong and good thread creator, Alfalfa.

I try to be

Work is having a pitch-in Friday so I was gonna pick up Waku Waku 7 and/or KoF '98 from the eShop. Don't have enough money yet for Super Bomberman R or 1-2-Switch, but I gotta start getting some multiplayer games on this thing

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cojawfee posted:

Othello comes out tomorrow on the US eshop so I guess I'll be getting that.

Oh man I can't wait to feel the hd rumble when I strangle Desdemona.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Snakepass out this week

Gonna snake me some passes

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Dr Cheeto posted:

I liked weapon durability before I realized that if it didn't exist neither would these posts.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Is there a place to get that conductive foam? I don't want to be without my Switch for a week, but I don't mind opening up my Joycon.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Well if you're in Australia you can head on down to a jaycar

https://www.jaycar.com.au/conductive-foam-for-ics/p/ZV9998

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
I realize the last thing we need is more flak for ports of old games, but Diablo 3 would rule on the Switch

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

turnways posted:

Is there a place to get that conductive foam? I don't want to be without my Switch for a week, but I don't mind opening up my Joycon.

I did this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnMnke6lF0c and it works great now

GRINK HELCH
Oct 24, 2004
My God, it's taking over america!
Anyone with binding of Isaac know how to start multiplayer? It doesn't appear that you can do it with horizontal controls, but the back of the switch case says you can.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Real hurthling! posted:

What a terrible problem

Then they might as well just give you the Master Sword like they do in every other Zelda game and then this would be boring. The whole point is to have lots of different weapons in the game you can pick up and to use all of them.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

http://kotaku.com/switch-controller-cosplays-as-gamecube-pad-1793542829

First off baller as hell GC colouration job. 10/10 would buy a retro joycon set like this

Second off.. wait.. the middle section of the joycon grip detaches? How? :psyduck:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm guessing they removed some screws and it no longer actually sticks to the rest of that grip part. Though, that grip should have come with the ability to have it just a flat pad like that.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Tender Bender posted:

In Dark Souls if you get the strongest two handed sword there's no reason to use a less strong two handed sword.

Edit: dark souls isn't an example of an open world game what the gently caress are you talking about.

they all have different movesets. the "strongest" two handed sword in dark souls is whatever you like the most. going off of pure damage stats is not really what you need to do nor is it useful cos things are often close enough anyway that it doesnt matter. for dark souls 1 if you wanted the "best" two handed weapon theres like 6-7 candidates for best depending on what you like.

also dark souls 1 is open world.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Zelda will be the last Nintendo published game for the Wii U, Third party can still release games on it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

Then they might as well just give you the Master Sword like they do in every other Zelda game and then this would be boring. The whole point is to have lots of different weapons in the game you can pick up and to use all of them.

They can do that without durabilty.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Infinitum posted:

First off baller as hell GC colouration job. 10/10 would buy a retro joycon set like this

Second off.. wait.. the middle section of the joycon grip detaches? How? :psyduck:

It's only held on by like 8-10 screws total. The fake-controller thing feels like poo poo so I disassembled mine and use the center bracket to keep the joyconns together, flat, and not scraping each other up in transit. It's actually pretty convenient; a couple of my bags have pockets the right size for the downsized controller and the switch separate, but as one unit it's the main laptop pouch or bust.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

So in GameStop sucks news I can't believe that horse poo poo that happened this morning. Basically they advertised pretty much everywhere that they would have them in store this morning, this was not the case. It's seems like almost no one got any and when you go and ask they say no, but you can order a hideously expensive bundle as of today. From what I've read this was the norm for today and not an isolated incident.

So they effectively bait and switched thousands of people. gently caress off Gamestop.

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran

LeafyOrb posted:

So in GameStop sucks news I can't believe that horse poo poo that happened this morning. Basically they advertised pretty much everywhere that they would have them in store this morning, this was not the case. It's seems like almost no one got any and when you go and ask they say no, but you can order a hideously expensive bundle as of today. From what I've read this was the norm for today and not an isolated incident.

So they effectively bait and switched thousands of people. gently caress off Gamestop.

I called mine today and they said they sold them all last night :( Same boat brah.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

True story, someone stole two shipments for gamestops near my house today.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
try amazon prime now

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

I wonder if they'll rerelease DS2 for the switch then :allears:

DS1 was okay but the diablo loot + active, not-point-and-click combat of DS2 scratched an itch that I didn't realize I was missing at the time.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Infinitum posted:

right stick isnt yellow. left isnt grey. 1/10

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

XyrlocShammypants posted:

True story, someone stole two shipments for gamestops near my house today.

Was it you?

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Cojawfee posted:

I'm guessing they removed some screws and it no longer actually sticks to the rest of that grip part. Though, that grip should have come with the ability to have it just a flat pad like that.

Yep, I just tried it with mine. getting it off is a bit convoluted though. The grip uses size y0 of that three-pronged bit, and 4 surprise phillips screws. You have to take off 4 screws from the back of the flat part to take off the front panel, which reveals 2 screws needed to take off the back half of the grip, which reveals 4 small philliips scews that actually hold the rectangle to the grip.

I just realized I forgot my Switch at work, so I can't tell you how comfortable it is.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

efb

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Hungry Computer posted:

Yep, I just tried it with mine. getting it off is a bit convoluted though. The grip uses size y0 of that three-pronged bit, and 4 surprise phillips screws. You have to take off 4 screws from the back of the flat part to take off the front panel, which reveals 2 screws needed to take off the back half of the grip, which reveals 4 small philliips scews that actually hold the rectangle to the grip.

I just realized I forgot my Switch at work, so I can't tell you how comfortable it is.

That's usually how it goes. Nintendo uses Triwing to keep all the normies out and then phillips once you get inside the part.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Infinitum posted:

Was it you?

Let's just say I have enough joycons to stick up my rear end until the Switch Pro comes out

ovaries
Nov 20, 2004

So here's a thing that someone may have a solution for: I've got two pairs of Joycons, and whichever one I'm not currently using stays attached to the console so it'll charge. I was playing Human Resource Machine and it refused to acknowledge the undocked right Joycon when I wanted to go back to the home screen. Is there any way to return to the home screen while using the left Joycon in single controller mode? It's not a big issue but it seems like an odd oversight.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Guys, I'm sorry and I feel really bad about it, but I ordered a bundle from Gamestop. In my defense, it's the $490 one that has BotW, the Guide and Season Pass for it, all things I would buy anyways, and it also comes with a travel case that won't be used for it's intended purpose, but my daughter will probably fill it with shopkins or something. The headset will probably sit on a shelf until Nintendo gets off their loving rear end AND MAKES A NEW MONSTER HUNTER CONSOLE GAME.

So all in all, they only downside is that I'm supporting the war criminals at Gamestop.

Sometimes we must make deals with the devil... at least they have small profit margins on new stuff, especially consoles (though they get more from the bundles with those accessories since those have higher markups and they magically have stock for those but not for console only).

I have $5 worth of rewards after getting my NES Classic Edition and Switch from them. So gonna drop that on Has Been Heroes and hopefully never deal with them again after they screwed a relative of mine on one of the worst days of their life when they needed to come home and relax to Zelda to occupy their minds and had to wait a week because Gamestop decided not to ship their Switch on time (didnt give it to UPS even though they made a tracking number and everything). Not getting a switch on time isn't a huge deal in the long run, but when you have a top worst day of your life and need some escapism... gently caress Gamestop

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ATTN Aussies. Set your alarm clocks

minute
Jul 31, 2003

Infinitum posted:

This thread is basically rehashed Reddit OC as regurgitated by Kotaku.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I don't read reddit or kotaku so thanks for reposting interesting stuff from those sites goon, for serious.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Who gives a poo poo what the source is if it's interesting?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Norns posted:

Who gives a poo poo what the source is if it's interesting?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
It's cool and fine, but man, that paint was put on badly. Orange peel looking paint sucks.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Most of the Gamestops around here got stock in and sold it yesterday, when they advertised everywhere that they would have them today. This seems to be the case with a lot of stores. I called one and asked and they immediately tried to push me to a bundle before they even said that they had sold the ones they had in stock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Most of the Gamestops around here got stock in and sold it yesterday, when they advertised everywhere that they would have them today. This seems to be the case with a lot of stores. I called one and asked and they immediately tried to push me to a bundle before they even said that they had sold the ones they had in stock.

A friend of mine working at a gamestop (Sacramento) said he was getting phone calls for his switches today basically every 30 seconds, and it was so bad in his district that they couldn't even organize the weekly phone conference because most stores had their phone lines occupied by customers looking for a system. He also never got his Switches today. Basically, at this point if you want one from GS, show up before they open, and hope you're one of the first 5 or 10 people to show up. He said he had a line around his building this morning, and according to his shipping manifests he's getting five maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe tomorrow.

Basically, the Switch is pretty popular at the moment, and short of paying for the online bundles, or paying off an rear end in a top hat scalper, you're gonna have some trouble hunting one down for a while yet.

• Locked thread