Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am thinking about playing World of Final Fantasy.

It's very goofy and somewhat childish, but it's good fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vIsYDWLkSY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I forgot to complain about it in my previous post but WoFF's Tama is unequivocally the worst mascot character. Seriously dropped the ball of not having the Tonberry or Cactuar conductor be in the same position without the insanely bad verbal tic.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Mar 23, 2017

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Manatee Cannon posted:

I don't agree with that personally

the dodge step is way better than the roll

This is sort of true and sort of not. A lot of enemy attacks move along the same path you quick step along, while the roll let's you go in any direction, reducing your exposure.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you can dodge in any direction, idk what you mean there. it has more iframes so it's safer

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

:toot:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Paracelsus posted:

This is sort of true and sort of not. A lot of enemy attacks move along the same path you quick step along, while the roll let's you go in any direction, reducing your exposure.

What kind of quick step are YOU using?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Failboattootoot posted:

I forgot to complain about it in my previous post but WoFF's Tama is unequivocally the worst mascot character. Seriously dropped the ball of not having the Tonberry or Cactuar conductor be in the same position without the insanely bad verbal tic.

I don't the-know what you're talking about. Seems the-totally normal to me the-dude.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Ineffiable posted:

I don't the-know what you're talking about. Seems the-totally normal to me the-dude.

I kind of had this game in the back of my head to maybe pick up at some point, but gently caress me if I'm sitting through an entire game with something that talks like that sitting on my shoulder

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The voice acting in that clip sounded pretty good to me, except for that thing.

I also saw another clip with a Tonberry and he sounds exactly like how I imagined as a kid

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Bout to do this White Mamba mission in mgsv goddamn how long is this game Jesus Christ

Also do I ever get a child soldier buddy to have throw grenades at soldier mooks

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

verbal enema posted:

Bout to do this White Mamba mission in mgsv goddamn how long is this game Jesus Christ

Also do I ever get a child soldier buddy to have throw grenades at soldier mooks

You have a dog, a robot, a lady in her underpants, and a horse, do you really need a child soldier too

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Why does this screenshot have copyright information? Does the game automatically add it or something?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Some games do that. I know Nioh does too.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

glam rock hamhock posted:

Why does this screenshot have copyright information? Does the game automatically add it or something?

Yeah, a bunch of games have automatic copyright information or trademark stuff embedded in their image when you take the screenshot.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Sega is pretty bad at it too with Yakuza 0. Puts a black block in the lower right corner.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
PS3 games do it too, it's not just on PS4.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

PS3 games do it too, it's not just on PS4.

Realistically it's most Japanese game companies. I haven't seen many North American or European companies do it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Video Nasty posted:

Everything looks really fun, but the novelty might wear off after only a few hours.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5GUiZUnA1A

Everything seems to be a neat concept wrapped in something that would be novel for about 30 minutes. I watched a 10 min gameplay preview and devices the only lasting desire I had was to find some Alan Watts recordings for when I want to
get all zen.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Wow Mass Effect really does look terrible.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Feenix posted:

Everything seems to be a neat concept wrapped in something that would be novel for about 30 minutes. I watched a 10 min gameplay preview and devices the only lasting desire I had was to find some Alan Watts recordings for when I want to
get all zen.

I read the Kotaku review/personal essay and it sounds like there's a little more progression there than it seems like on the surface, it's not just a sandbox. I'm definitely gonna check it out eventually

revolther
May 27, 2008
Ugh I'm wanting to splurge 60 bucks on a game but neither Horizon or Andromeda feels worth that much..

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Horizon absolutely is. Mass Effect is fun but can wait. Yes I have a Horizon avatar why do you ask

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I beat Horizon in 6 days.

Granted, I spent 8 hours a day on it and they were amazing hours from start to finish

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Hey guys should I play bloodborne

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Horizon definitely is

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Hey guys should I play bloodborne

http://i.imgur.com/skmlHDe.gifv

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Hey if I get a pair of wireless headphones (Jaybirds are what I'm looking at specifically) can I connect them directly to my PS4 or am I gonna need a bluetooth enabled audio reciever or something? Not worried about online communication/headset stuff, just want my PS4's audio out to go to the headphones

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

goferchan posted:

Hey if I get a pair of wireless headphones (Jaybirds are what I'm looking at specifically) can I connect them directly to my PS4 or am I gonna need a bluetooth enabled audio reciever or something? Not worried about online communication/headset stuff, just want my PS4's audio out to go to the headphones

Nah, check to see if your TV has Bluetooth. It should run the audio through it and to BT

If you wanted to go crazy you could get a Bluetooth audio transmitter for the controller or an Optical in one

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

revolther posted:

Ugh I'm wanting to splurge 60 bucks on a game but neither Horizon or Andromeda feels worth that much..

I hate open world garbage normally but Horizon had me hooked from the very beginning and it owns, that is all.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Soft Shell Crab posted:

I started a new run of Bloodborne after completing Old Hunters about a year ago. Died twice on the wolfs. I got no vials and the drop rate for them is terrible. Hard quit -- maybe some other time.

The beginning is basically designed to be cheesed.

I don't usually even level up until after I kill Gascoigne and Cleric Beast...

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

revolther posted:

Yakuza 0 is worth every penny.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

exquisite tea posted:

I hate open world garbage normally but Horizon had me hooked from the very beginning and it owns, that is all.

Horizon's story is fantastic and well worth playing through. I love that the finale's even improved by how many sidequests you've completed.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Guillermus posted:

There's a big sale on PSN (EU at least) with only PS4 exclusives. Will this sale last long enough to get my 10€ discount code on april? I'm still getting used about how long sales last on PSN.

Edit: Just as I post PSN seems down, dammn it.

Wednesday is update day. It's usually down on Wednesday evening.

If you browse the store online they show the sale dates on the page. Big promotion ones are usually two weeks I think. This one ends 6th April.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Guillermus posted:

There's a big sale on PSN (EU at least) with only PS4 exclusives. Will this sale last long enough to get my 10€ discount code on april? I'm still getting used about how long sales last on PSN.

Now, another round of questions regarding the games I have some interest present on this sale:

-The Last of us remastered: not questioning if I should get it because is one of the games I aimed to get when I purchased my PS4. For 15€ is a no-brainer.
-Until Dawn: I have little idea about this game and didn't spoil myself. But, is it an interactive adventure with different endings or a QTE game with just focus on the plot? Curious about it (don't mind spoilers to be honest at this point). 16.49€ right now.
-The Order 1886: I only watched some trailers back before release and what I read is that it is short and loads of cutscenes, how bad is it for 10€?
-Killzone Shadow Fall: I only played the very first Killzone on PS2 and Killzone on PSP (wich was an amazing top-down shooter) but know nothing about this one.
-Helldivers: Does it have good SP (and even co-op) content? Looks fun but from the little I know, the community has an impact on the game.
-Alienation: Space ARPG, looks nice too and I wouldn't mind something like Grim Dawn or Diablo in space but no goon spoke about it at all (reviews are positive).

TLoU - Yes
Until Dawn - Yes
The Order - Avoid
Killzone - Avoid

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Guillermus posted:

According to their info page, maybe?
They will send out the vouchers "
Between 1st and 9th April 2017".

The sale ends on the 5th of April.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm still not any closer to finding out what format(s) the PS4 can output to USB audio devices like headphone amps. Optical output has various settings but USB doesn't that I know of. I can't tell if optical output actually sounds different or it's just in my head. They should both just be linear PCM right?

Also, I still don't understand what the point is of Dolby bitstream and DTS bitstream, since people say linear PCM can carry the same data but uncompressed. Is it just for legacy surround sound receivers or something? This home theater audio stuff is confusing.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Mar 23, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

revolther posted:

If you're a dollars to hours person, Horizon is at least 40 hours if you do the story + sidequests

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Snak posted:

I don't usually even level up until after I kill Gascoigne and Cleric Beast...

I'm not talking about the obsessed..

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Horizon was probably more worth 60 dollars than just about anything I've bought in the last year or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Horizon is an amazingly good game and you should push questionable stuff off your wish list/gaming budget to get it.