Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Hexenritter posted:

The Japanese give no fucks about/and have no stigma against sexual discrimination toward women so good luck with getting more prudish clothing choices.

no, I have to come to the android rear end game thread to talk about the rear end android outfit so I can take a moral high ground by saying it's not worth discussing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Jack Trades posted:

Dress Module?

Emil sells it when he's on his Resistance Camp route

Also you can take off 9S's pants by self-destructing as 2B, but that also takes off her skirt.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Tarezax posted:

Emil sells it when he's on his Resistance Camp route

Jesus Christ! I must've missed a whole buncha poo poo then cause all I've seen Emil sell are materials and really bad chips.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

DrPaper posted:

no, I have to come to the android rear end game thread to talk about the rear end android outfit so I can take a moral high ground by saying it's not worth discussing

This game actually isn't about 2Bs rear end weirdly enough

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare

Jack Trades posted:

MGR convinced me that high heels give you a real combat advantage.

Forget Raiden. If you didn't run around all the time in the scientist outfit in MGS3 because Snake looked cute in glasses then you can get the freak out of here.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

CharlestheHammer posted:

LIAR

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

The subplot doesn't even last through route A!

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Vermain posted:

More broadly (route C spoilers), they're a result of the androids in charge of YoRHa not really understanding human beings. They're attempting to make the androids more human in spirit, and they understand humanity's two greatest obsessions to have been sex and violence, which is why the YoRHa androids are all designed to facilitate murder and look sexy. They're wearing "fetish outfits" in the anthropological sense of the term: by dressing the YoRHa units in short dresses and and equipping them with a katana, they think they'll somehow become more human. They're really no better than the dumb robots in the desert wearing stupid, meaningless masks because ancient humans used to wear them and bumping their robot bodies together in an imitation of loving. Neither of them understand what lies beneath the sex and the violence - the ultimate reason why human beings had sex and engaged in violence.

Why is it only female Yorha though? 9S is wearing pants and normal boxers. So is Adam and Eve.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Alder posted:

Why is it only female Yorha though? 9S is wearing pants.

You're not in touch with the shota fashion, eh?

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's about the 2Butt AND how nothing in this life matters and everyone should just follow the children of the village away from the scary things.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Alder posted:

Why is it only female Yorha though? 9S is wearing pants and normal boxers.

The short pants are a Japanese fetish thing alongside 9S's appearance as a boy rather than a man.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Alder posted:

Why is it only female Yorha though? 9S is wearing pants and normal boxers. So is Adam and Eve.

Adam is wearing stuff to make him look smart and sophisticated, he even gives himself glasses. Eve is only wearing pants, and wouldn't even be wearing that if Adam didn't tell him to.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I would just like to chime in and say that 2B's outfit is way more Chinese Kungfu in design then gothic lolita.

Also it's good.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Alder posted:

Because you can't do this

without those

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

And Eve is shirtless throughout, are you seriously gonna argue that he isn't sexualized

edit: hell, Adam and Eve both being male is serious fujoshi bait. I'm sure there's already a ton of AdamxEve doujins out there

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Mar 23, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

You're not in touch with the shota fashion, eh?

It's about the 2Butt AND how nothing in this life matters and everyone should just follow the children of the village away from the scary things.

I don't think you are following the conversion if you blame him for starting this.

He made an innocent comment and people got insanely defensive and here we are.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Tarezax posted:

And Eve is shirtless throughout, are you seriously gonna argue that he isn't sexualized

He doesn't even have nipples.

You can tell we're the effort went

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don't think you are following the conversion if you blame him for starting this.

Responding in any way is now "insanely defensive"

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

...what? I'm blaming someone?
What are you even talking about and how is it related to anything?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

DrPaper posted:

Responding in any way is now "insanely defensive"

Basically yeah especially when he didn't want to talk about it.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

He doesn't even have nipples.

You can tell we're the effort went

The ingame model does have nipples, though?

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
So I finished Ending B and moved onto the third playthrough and I wanted to know, what exactly are the mechanical differences between A2 and 2B? I know A2 has berserker mode, a taunt instead of light charge attacks, and a different dash (though I'm not quite sure what it means when she turns red at the end of it), but I don't know if there's anything more subtle I'm missing.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

I didn't want to talk about it?

"Pod 042: A Goliath-class Strawman detected. Awaiting acknowledgement."

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Opposing Farce posted:

So I finished Ending B and moved onto the third playthrough and I wanted to know, what exactly are the mechanical differences between A2 and 2B? I know A2 has berserker mode, the taunt instead of the light charge attacks, and a different dash (though I'm not quite sure what it means when she turns red at the end of it), but I don't know if there's anything more subtle I'm missing.

That's about it. I think she has slightly more iframes on her dodge, but that might just be placebo.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

I didn't want to talk about it?

"Pod 042: A Goliath-class Strawman detected. Awaiting acknowledgement."

What? The guy who started this. It wasn't you

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Thinking about the game as a whole, I feel like the intro sequence to route B just about sums up its main points.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Opposing Farce posted:

So I finished Ending B and moved onto the third playthrough and I wanted to know, what exactly are the mechanical differences between A2 and 2B? I know A2 has berserker mode, a taunt instead of light charge attacks, and a different dash (though I'm not quite sure what it means when she turns red at the end of it), but I don't know if there's anything more subtle I'm missing.

If you charge up her dash (she glows red) you're supposed to get a brief damage boost.
At least that's what the internet told me.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

CharlestheHammer posted:

Then is it fair to call you insanely aggressive considering we've had several discussions about the overtly sexual tones surrounding YoRHA and several particular scenes with really good posts and write-ups about them and the only posts I've seen you make have been making GBS threads on anyone who says a video game character's outfit isn't unacceptable?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Also if you're in B mode the red part of the dash damages enemies.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

What? The guy who started this. It wasn't you

I literally have no idea what you're talking about and how my posts that you're quoting are related in any way.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Then is it fair to call you insanely aggressive considering we've had several discussions about the overtly sexual tones surrounding YoRHA and several particular scenes with really good posts and write-ups about them and the only posts I've seen you make have been making GBS threads on anyone who says a video game character's outfit isn't unacceptable?

I am insanely aggressive yes. The rest is a charitable and uncharitable reading of the conversation.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CharlestheHammer posted:

I just don't have enough patience to do it because I knew 90% of the answers would be "but it's good tho". I wasn't wrong. I wouldn't mind discussing the themes, but it just leads to a long-rear end derail and my point was more on how the designs can scare a lot of people out of the game even if you can argue it as a VITAL part of the game theming (and I disagree strongly on that as I do everytime fanservice is shorthanded as sexuality theming, but again). I shouldn't have mentioned it in the first place if I wasn't willing to argue hours on end about it, so that's on me.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Jack Trades posted:

Dress Module?

One of the vendors sells it. Emil, when he's doing his super fast thing and sells weapons

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Are you gonna be the video game scientist this thread needs?

When I unlock chapter replay I will.

Anyway, there's a quest marker I can't seem to figure out now in the building you fight Engel , about halfway down there's a red ??? circle. I go where it is and there's no NPC anywhere, no transport circle either. Which quest is this? I've done all the ones the wiki has listed for the area already.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Tarezax posted:

edit: hell, Adam and Eve both being male is serious fujoshi bait. I'm sure there's already a ton of AdamxEve doujins out there

They don't have nipples which is funny. Reminds me of FFXIV.

There could be Adam X Eve doujin but it's buried under 1000 pics of 2B's butt on pixiv. Also the entire time we see them they're sitting at the big table apart from the boss battles

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

Oh, when they asked "what about 9S clothes" I didn't realize they didn't want to talk about it and no one was supposed to answer

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm glad that Nier: Automata didn't have any ducks in it because I have anatidaephobia and it would be a shame if that scared a lot of people away from the game.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

I literally have no idea what you're talking about and how my posts that you're quoting are related in any way.

I know and it's rather confusing.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Also legit last word on this, check the rap sheet on who you're engaging. Bye!

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Dias posted:

Also legit last word on this, check the rap sheet on who you're engaging. Bye!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Alder posted:

They don't have nipples which is funny. Reminds me of FFXIV.

Both of them have obvious nipples. Are you on a small screen or something?