Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 204 days!

Lastgirl posted:

:confused:

people dying at the hand of others is h*cked up

only time and natural disasters should claim us indifferently, inshallah~

in the absence of more effective options, we drink to a better world

actually i'm broke and have no weed or booze atm but you know

ed balls would hook me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

tomorrow is going to be a scary day, gang

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
Did we ever settle on what the gently caress "Americanese" was? because I want to know when I am inadvertently speaking it.

nopants
May 29, 2004

Democrats were a mistake.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

M_Gargantua posted:

they are scared

of what

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Kempo Yellow Belt posted:

Did we ever settle on what the gently caress "Americanese" was? because I want to know when I am inadvertently speaking it.

The language of death being certain

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

TwoStepBoog posted:

tomorrow is going to be a scary day, gang

just another loop on the euthanasia coaster, slightly tighter than the last one

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

anime was right posted:

they can still pass this trash even with trump in cuffs, wtf are they rushing for lol

a) having the president get arrested that cucked their base from them is going to grind everything to a halt and cause a bloodbath in 2018
b) *NITE CREW OPTION*

the fact that every republican that trump is near coming up with ties to russia isn't a coincidence and putin has roots throughout the entire party

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Op first image please

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl posted:

they smell the blood in the water and their dick is fully erect, they can't just wait to kill people fast enough, no patience smh

very unbecoming, really

just rude and inconsiderate

im still loving amazed that every concession to get more votes has been "ok we'll murder THOSE people, too"

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Tainen posted:

Yep, this gets rid of the previous rule that a bill couldn't leave the rules committee and be voted on in the same day. Now they can completely rewrite the bill, slam it through rules and vote on it immediately.

for what its worth
http://conginst.org/open-house-how-the-house-of-representatives-can-reinvigorate-the-amendment-process/#_ednref31

quote:

Instituting a supermajority requirement to restrict amendments has a weakness. A majority could evade the supermajority requirement by adopting a special rule that simply waives the supermajority rule. It employs a similar procedure already. The House generally requires a layover of at least one legislative day before it may consider a resolution the Rules Committee reports. If the House would like to consider a Rules Committee resolution on the same the day it is reported, with a couple exceptions (such as during the last three legislative days of a session), rule XIII, clause 6(a) requires a two-thirds supermajority to do so.[xxx] However, to sidestep this rule, the Rules Committee will report and the House will adopt special rule that waives the layover requirement for a specified time period or for any resolution that provides for consideration of a particular bill. For example, in the 113th Congress, the House adopted H. Res. 361, which read, “Resolved, That the requirement…for a two-thirds vote to consider a report from the Committee on Rules on the same day it is presented to the House is waived with respect to any resolution reported through the legislative day of September 30, 2013, relating to any of the following: (1) A measure making continuing appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2014. (2) A measure relating to the public debt limit.”[xxxi] The House will pass a special rule like this and then, because this waiver of the layover has been granted, adopt a subsequent special rule on the day it has been reported. The House could employ a similar process to evade a rule requiring a supermajority for a structured or closed rule.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

anime was right posted:

they can still pass this trash even with trump in cuffs, wtf are they rushing for lol

Accelerationism brakes for no one

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

a.lo posted:

of what

Of reps returning to their districts before this is passed

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
on the one hand, the current healthcare bill is terrible. On the other, if they don't pass it 5% of the country will die off every day until they do.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

MariusLecter posted:

Accelerationism brakes for no one

this rollercoaster sucks

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
:piaa:

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

What's the point of the rules fuckery if they don't even have enough votes for it to pass? Will this someone make someone who's said "no" go back to "yes" because they're now allowed to just do whatever the hell they want?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Good Citizen posted:

If there's a recess these congressmen will chicken the gently caress out

once the trump thing comes down theyll be dealing w the fallout of that for a long while especially if the democratic party considers finding enough balls at that point to try to tie every republican policy and elected official to trump

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Solarin posted:

gently caress this is embarrassing how they are treating this poo poo that's literally a life and death matter for millions of US citizens.

Shortly after dying of strep throat, they'll come around and agitate for FCN, don't you worry about the little stuff like thousands dying of preventable poo poo every month.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Good Citizen posted:

Of reps returning to their districts before this is passed

before, huh

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
haha hillary came out of the woods because she can now blame everything on russia and run in 2020

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Just a reminder that the house vote being held this Thursday is for an entirely artificial reason. something something anniversary of ACA being passed 3/23/10

so it's for an entirely "gently caress you" empty gesture that they're forcing this preterm abortion of a bill through tomorrow and falling over themselves in the process

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

They literally can't wait one day. Something big time is going down.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

mormonpartyboat posted:

im still loving amazed that every concession to get more votes has been "ok we'll murder THOSE people, too"

there comes a knock on Paul Ryans door. he lunges to his feet, crosses the room in three long strides, throws it open, and shouts "Okay! Fine! Who the gently caress do you want killed? Diabetics? The Dutch? Left-handed people? Come on hurry the gently caress up, I can't stand here all night!"

the aide waiting on the other side flinches back, hands raised as if to protect himself and stammers "Speaker I'm just here to tell you that your Chinese order arrived."

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Cael posted:

What's the point of the rules fuckery if they don't even have enough votes for it to pass? Will this someone make someone who's said "no" go back to "yes" because they're now allowed to just do whatever the hell they want?

If you haven't been following they basically handed it to the HFC tonight who have been frantically rewriting it into something they could stomach.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Is Dongle Tromp still POTUS?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

MariusLecter posted:

Lol now he's not gonna make his rent, his little girl is gonna go without her meds and his wife will divorce him and he'll die cold and starving in a gutter with a dead kid and it's your fault

:capitalism:

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

anime was right posted:

The ACA markets were hosed once the Republicans won everything and some states like Alabama aren't even going to have any companies in the market anymore if they don't get this done

According to R from Alabama so could've been bullshit

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

a.lo posted:

before, huh

I mean leadership. Leadership is scared reps will return home to angry mobs and get scared out of voting yes on their poo poo bill

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

paranoid randroid posted:

there comes a knock on Paul Ryans door. he lunges to his feet, crosses the room in three long strides, throws it open, and shouts "Okay! Fine! Who the gently caress do you want killed? Diabetics? The Dutch? Left-handed people? Come on hurry the gently caress up, I can't stand here all night!"

the aide waiting on the other side flinches back, hands raised as if to protect himself and stammers "Speaker I'm just here to tell you that your Chinese order arrived."

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The AHCA will have Haste

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

anime was right posted:

haha hillary came out of the woods because she can now blame everything on russia and run in 2020

It's sad that she's got all this robotic triangulating logic behind every breath but isn't with it enough to realize nobody runs for god drat president at the age of 80

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

XK posted:

They literally can't wait one day. Something big time is going down.

the HFC got wrangled into line with the promise of rivers of blood in the streets and the bill is going to pass the house under current unofficial whip counts and they want to get it out the door before people realize how bad it is

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

anime was right posted:

if hillary or chelsea runs in 2020 and you thought the 2016 primaries were bad :laffo:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

anime was right posted:

Hillary 2020: Death is certain and so am I!

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im drunk on freedom baby

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
before russia launches the nukes: you're all dumb morons, the democrats suck, and yes i did throw up in that hallway in rutgers sorry for lying everyone

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
spicy delicious freedom, no hillbots

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

hes taking orders from the chinese?!?

• Locked thread