Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Mine from Walmart will be delivered tomorrow I was just sharing what I had heard and experienced with regards to gamestop and their bundles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
guys i cant fuckin wait until mario kart 8

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

eonwe posted:

Same but ARMS

ARMS!!!!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lemming posted:

Same but ARMS

ARMS!!!!

Wut about LEGS?

Fuckin abilist Nintendo

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm gonna need two more Joycons if ARMS is good, right?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I haven't played a Mario kart since the GameCube so I'm pretty stoked

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I wonder if they'll rerelease DS2 for the switch then :allears:

DS1 was okay but the diablo loot + active, not-point-and-click combat of DS2 scratched an itch that I didn't realize I was missing at the time.

Darksiders 1 was the best Zelda game for a drat good while.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

I feel like I received some divine providence or something because i just bought a Switch off of Amazon on March 3rd for non-scalp price.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Infinitum posted:

Wut about LEGS?

Fuckin abilist Nintendo

The Bayonetta 1 & 2 combo pack on the Switch needs to happen.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Rirse posted:

The Bayonetta 1 & 2 combo pack on the Switch needs to happen.

Yes, please.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Consummate Professional posted:

I haven't played a Mario kart since the GameCube so I'm pretty stoked

Me too! A few people in the office are vying to get Switches so we can waste our lunches away.

Also my boss won't care if we waste more because fun stuff is fun.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Darksiders 1 was the best Zelda game for a drat good while.

It wasn't bad and I played through it in a bit over a weekend, but there are games where I say "this gameplay was fun enough that I could see myself playing it again at some point" and DS1 was not one of those. Also I liked Death's voice actor a lot better than Illidan War's, but the constant "I am 13 and this is my dark emo badass OC do not steal" vibe of War for the entire game may have had something to do with that. It's like they tried to do God of War but didn't get the whole "we're actually playing most of this for laughs" memo that comprised 90% of those games.

ANYWAYS

DS2 was a good game.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

LeafyOrb posted:

So in GameStop sucks news I can't believe that horse poo poo that happened this morning. Basically they advertised pretty much everywhere that they would have them in store this morning, this was not the case. It's seems like almost no one got any and when you go and ask they say no, but you can order a hideously expensive bundle as of today. From what I've read this was the norm for today and not an isolated incident.

So they effectively bait and switched thousands of people. gently caress off Gamestop.

I struck out today in my travels as well. Gamestop 1 said they sold out immediately this morning upon opening, although they offered me the bundle; Gamestop 2 said they're expecting theirs tomorrow, which doesn't help me because I live an hour away from town and today was my day off anyway. This was like an hour after opening and she said they already had 30ish calls asking about it.

Still holding out hope for local Walmart in the next few days according to what they told my wife. It's at least worth leaving 10-15 minutes early for work for a few days to try.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So if MarioKart has a May 28 date and ARMS is just Spring, I wonder if that inherently means "after Mario Kart".

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Feenix posted:

So if MarioKart has a May 28 date and ARMS is just Spring, I wonder if that inherently means "after Mario Kart".

Just means no firm date.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

eonwe posted:

yeah samew but 3 years ago.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Bombadilillo posted:

Just means no firm date.

They just reeeeeally like the "Spring" joke.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Trip report: I GOT ONE

Stopped at a Gamespot on the way home, and of course they didn't get any in and "comeback tomorrow maybe." I then stopped at Walmart on a complete whim, saw they had a few in the glass case HOLY poo poo.

I had my dock behind my TV slightly and got crazy bad synch problems, now I have it next to the TV and only get slight desynch if I hold the left Joy-Con behind my back.

Alright Zelda's done updating, later

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Feenix posted:

Mario Kart is APRIL 28 which means Arms is probably late May if I had to venture a guess.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Everyone whose played ARMS has said it's bad. I don't understand how any of you are hyped for it.

Also wish mass effect was on the switch.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I... don't think that's the case? All I've seen from the impressions is how surprised people are at how well the motion works and that it was fun.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ignore him. He just trolls the thread with lovely opinions.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Empress Brosephine posted:

Everyone whose played ARMS has said it's bad. I don't understand how any of you are hyped for it.

"Everyone who has played game says game is bad."

*wishes a terrible game was on his console. *

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Huh?
Guess it was the old Switch thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3769601&userid=109011&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post469516282

ARMS was great. Was responsive, and punished you for flailing

Upsidads fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 23, 2017

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Why. Everyone who played that said its bad too.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

No they haven't. Fuckin' liar.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

(Ignore him, he just trolls the thread. He's the idiot that lied about Isaac only getting 20fps when you hit the Womb)

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Mar 23, 2017

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011

I'm sorry you were abused as a child.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Let's hear him out

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Me Jeff gerstmann said it was lame and boring. I believe him.

Mass effect would be perfect bed time game.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also I didn't lie there is notable slowdown in Isaac at times.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

You have to have something to look forward to when the only game worth playing right now is a Wii U port.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Is it Troll'O'clock?
I actually played ARMS it was fun and cool
I don't know who "Me Jeff gerstmann" is nor do care.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Guys someone told me that all opinions are equal and everyone enjoys games differently. Please stop attacking him so unfairly.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also I didn't lie there is notable slowdown in Isaac at times.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Zelda is very good

A blue Bokoblin just one shot me what the gently caress

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Haven't multiple people mentioned having slowdowns in Isaac? Like you keep harping on him being a liar but it seems reasonable that he could have experienced frame rate issues.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

chaleski posted:

Zelda is very good

A blue Bokoblin just one shot me what the gently caress

The real Zelda starts here

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah uh like a handful of people have said explicitly at this point like "I got slowdown in this place when a million things are going off at once and it was like for a couple seconds".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So I have yet to actually play with the Joycons detached so far (pro controller 100% in docked mode)

Decided to try it tonight... the right joy con works fine 100% of the time. The left joycon cuts out if it's behind my back.

I guess my left joycon is hosed up? And Nintendo is replacing or repairing them now?

• Locked thread