Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Vermain posted:

Both of them have obvious nipples. Are you on a small screen or something?

They have areolas. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I do like how Adam and Eve have Ps2 textures for their bodies.

At least give then some nicely detailed abs or nipples or something.

At least Adam(?) has a kickass glove

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Dias posted:

Don't make me bring out Photoshop eyedropper tool and screenshot color difference of a full res screenshot for you.
Cause I'm pedantic enough to do it.

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

Dias posted:

Also legit last word on this, check the rap sheet on who you're engaging. Bye!

Eh I don't like thing and I'm gonna let everyone know it, but I'm not gonna have a discussion about it, sorry.

Okay I'm gonna post more about thing anyway.

Okay I'm done posting about thing FOR REAL except let me fire one last passive aggressive parting shot.

Dias posted:

Lol just kidding guys :iamafag:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is there any deeper meaning to the Bosses' names? I expected them being translated in B onwards would be important in some way, but unless they're all references to something that went over my head it wasn't really anything.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is there any deeper meaning to the Bosses' names? I expected them being translated in B onwards would be important in some way, but unless they're all references to something that went over my head it wasn't really anything.

You will find out their names starting from Route B and you also will get more information about them, especially if you do side-quests.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Dias posted:

Touche!

CharlestheHammer posted:

I do like how Adam and Eve have Ps2 textures for their bodies.

At least give then some nicely detailed abs or nipples or something.

The texture work is actually pretty dang good, but the lighting in the main areas you encounter them in is fairly soft and doesn't show off the texture work as well as it could. Here's a less bright version from SE's Twitter where you can see Eve's pelvis more distinctly:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Ibram Gaunt posted:

They're all philosophers. Simone de Beavouir, Engels, Hegels, and the last set of bosses are Chinese dudes including Confucius.

That's a very Japanese thing also, they don't really do nipples for male characters. I guess it's because it's a weird thing to draw.

Captain Failcon
Jul 19, 2008

dill with it

Dias posted:

There's no listing for massive loving tool on your rap sheet

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Oh, additional question for anyone who has access to chapter select:

The Goliath Tank you fight in the amusement park has a hatch on the back that you can jump on top of and pull out its core with the circle button. It looks exactly like the cores you find inside the Resource Collectors, could someone see if you can specifically hack the core and if it tells you anything cool? I would do it myself but I wiped my save and am still replaying Route A.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Oh, additional question for anyone who has access to chapter select:

The Goliath Tank you fight in the amusement park has a hatch on the back that you can jump on top of and pull out its core with the circle button. It looks exactly like the cores you find inside the Resource Collectors, could someone see if you can specifically hack the core and if it tells you anything cool? I would do it myself but I wiped my save and am still replaying Route A.

Hacking that doesn't do anything interesting.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

dazat posted:

I translated the full version of that novella (the one linked to only covers half the story), and yes it does imply the robot god in the desert cutscene was Beepy, although that's as much of a reference as he gets.

Also on the topic of sexy androids I thought the Commander was going commando (lol) but it turns out she's also wearing a (very sheer) leotard.

Oh crazy, I never read the full version. So, weird thought after reading this; Based on what the story flashback implies, beepy is basically responsible for the current state of the machines developing free will, and reading that story the "catfish" could very well be Grun which means beepy might have been the one to make that thing go nuts in the first place.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
On route c, just got the tower outline. Getting a very "All of this has happened before, all of this will happen again" vibe. I think the tower launches bunkers...

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Dias posted:

They're all philosophers. Simone de Beavouir, Engels, Hegels, and the last set of bosses are Chinese dudes including Confucius.

Most of the uses appear to be fairly wry: Marx and Engels are both made out of industrial machinery, with Engels being defeated when his own parts are turned against him; Beauvoir is obsessed only with beauty and a man's love; Hegel is defeated by the merger of two polar opposites; and Kierkegaard is the pope of an organized religion.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Alder posted:

That's what mods are for, friend :v:

I like to add more clothes or improve poorly thought out armor choices for everyone.

Very true. Boobplate, plunging necklines in chainmail and bare midriff armour are all more protective than a leotard and a short skirt and even those are poorly thought out armour choices. However, ridiculous fashion is fun.

Jack Trades posted:

Actually the game already gives you a full armor suit to equip after you complete C/D ending. No?
It's still a but funky and fetish-y looking but still.

I'm on my first run so I have no idea.

And whoever said Adam and (St)eve don't have nipples needs to look again.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Vermain posted:

Most of the uses appear to be fairly wry: Marx and Engels are both made out of industrial machinery, with Engels being defeated when his own parts are turned against him; Beauvoir is obsessed only with beauty and a man's love; Hegel is defeated by the merger of two polar opposites; and Kierkegaard is the pope of an organized religion.

Yeah, it kinda subverts the themes their namesakes were known for. I can't quite remember Sartre's dialogue other than him being sort of a detached rear end in a top hat (also Simone's unrequited love, which is fitting), although I guess his attitude goes against the "know yourself through others" thing? Dunno if he changes stuff on a deeper level and I kinda can't go back to my save because...y'know...

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Dias posted:

Yeah, it kinda subverts the themes their namesakes were known for. I can't quite remember Sartre's dialogue other than him being sort of a detached rear end in a top hat (also Simone's unrequited love, which is fitting), although I guess his attitude goes against the "know yourself through others" thing? Dunno if he changes stuff on a deeper level and I kinda can't go back to my save because...y'know...

I don't know poo poo about the real Sartre But the robot guy's quest had him refuse to engage with anyone in any way then wander off to be alone and vanish forever.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Was anyone else waiting for the dramatic return of Jean-Paul?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I was expecting to find his body.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Well, after the Route B thing during the Simone fight, I was almost sure dude would come back and be some sort of big-dick machine. Dude probably just got ganked by A2 and it serves him well, hunf.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dias posted:

Well, after the Route B thing during the Simone fight, I was almost sure dude would come back and be some sort of big-dick machine. Dude probably just got ganked by A2 and it serves him well, hunf.

Route B:
After seeing this I was very upset that his quest permanently removed him from the game because it meant I never got a chance to kill him myself.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Regy Rusty posted:

Route B:
After seeing this I was very upset that his quest permanently removed him from the game because it meant I never got a chance to kill him myself.

Don't finish his quest and get to Route C. :getin:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

Route B:

Speaking of killing assholes; I killed that one guy who gets you to invade the forest king's sanctuary and steal his last memory. Him making fun of the forest king was the last straw so I stabbed him. I felt bad.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Dias posted:

Aaaaaaaaand...ignored.

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

Tarezax posted:

As far as I can tell, her "top" doesn't actually cover her chest, it's just a torn rag covering her abdomen. And the rest of her "clothes" is either painted on or is just the underlying android body with most of the artificial skin gone.

Everything other than the apron is areas where her android skin has rubbed off, aka she's naked except for the apron.

Also while they're not as overtly sexualized as the YoRHa girls 9S, Adam & Eve are all totally designed to catch girl player's attention. I think Yoko even mentioned in an interview that Adam and Eve were supposed to be deliberate fujobait. Anyway all Yoko games have had some weird sexual stuff in it, it just kinda goes with the territory. Not saying anyone has to like it, but it's a constant.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

dazat posted:

I translated the full version of that novella (the one linked to only covers half the story), and yes it does imply the robot god in the desert cutscene was Beepy, although that's as much of a reference as he gets.

Also on the topic of sexy androids I thought the Commander was going commando (lol) but it turns out she's also wearing a (very sheer) leotard.

Do consider though that very much not-Junk Heap is full of robots trying to commit suicide to become gods and burn torches not at all unlike that one obscure fella Prometheus

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
Whelp, beat the game... got ending [E] and pushed to delete my saves without backing them up and before finishing all the side quests because it felt like the right thing to do. Only hesitated for like a second before confirming, which kinda surprised me.
Kudos to Farlo069 and some Japanese guy for giving up their saves so that I could throw mine away immediately afterwards.

Gonna go through it again with the japanese voices and see if that makes a difference like some people were saying.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Dias posted:

It's a nice touch that all of these philosophers are Existentialists, though. Jean-Paul is an rear end in a top hat but seems to actually apply an extreme version of Satre's actual philosophies. Marx and Engels did actually work together on many projects, notably co-writing the Communist Manifesto and funding and editing Das Capital.

e: Hell, even Pascal. One of their major influences on philosophy is the infamous Pascal's Wager which applies early decision theory (closely related to game theory but not quite identical) to the philosophy of God's existence.

Intoluene fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Mar 23, 2017

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I just got the Bomb weapon for the Pod and holy crap, it blew the poo poo out of a Forest King bot formation without me ever having to swing a weapon. The missiles from the Pod you find in the desert are good too.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Is there some secret to getting the freaking lunar tear in the desert? I've run all around the red circle and found nothing, which makes me think it's over/under ground level, but I'm completely baffled as to how it wants me to find it.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Omi no Kami posted:

Is there some secret to getting the freaking lunar tear in the desert? I've run all around the red circle and found nothing, which makes me think it's over/under ground level, but I'm completely baffled as to how it wants me to find it.

Yes. You need to use the underground path. You should end up on the other side of the grey path of the map heading to your destination. Go left and down from the hole you use to drop down, in front of the locked door.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I just blew 100k fusing chips and now I find out the wandering couple want 50k :negative:

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Intoluene posted:

Yes. You need to use the underground path. You should end up on the other side of the grey path of the map heading to your destination. Go left and down from the hole you use to drop down, in front of the locked door.

Hmm I found a way up from that cavern that leads to what looks like a series of platforms I can jump across, but the second one feels like it's covered in a collision volume; is that the right path?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hexenritter posted:

I just blew 100k fusing chips and now I find out the wandering couple want 50k :negative:

Sell every item that has 'can be sold for money' in the description and any chips you're not gonna use.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

Sell every item that has 'can be sold for money' in the description and any chips you're not gonna use.

Yeah I should really pare down my chip menu a bit, there's a stupid number of ones I don't plan on using.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Omi no Kami posted:

Hmm I found a way up from that cavern that leads to what looks like a series of platforms I can jump across, but the second one feels like it's covered in a collision volume; is that the right path?

Yes, that's the one I used. Should be able to make it with double jumps and gliding.

Edit: If you're still having trouble, I'll make and upload a clip for you.

Intoluene fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Mar 23, 2017

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Omi no Kami posted:

I know exactly which one you're talking about, because I made that same mistake, and no that's not the right one at all. If I remember correctly, The path to where you need to go is on the left-ish side of the cave when the view becomes top-down

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I've managed to seriously improve my survivability and diminish my healing potion use through Auto-Heal+2, Deadly Heal+4 and Offensive Heal+2. I was so upset when I lost the first Deadly Heal I found when I dropped into that desert hole with the level 30ish bots when I was level 12 and got OHKed by jihadibots twice (the second time trying to recover my poo poo). I had no idea I'd be swimming in heal chips later.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Zinkraptor posted:

I know exactly which one you're talking about, because I made that same mistake, and no that's not the right one at all. If I remember correctly, The path to where you need to go is on the left-ish side of the cave when the view becomes top-down

Yeah there's a distinct point where the path does a u-turn. Was going down, now going up. After that the path should be pretty clear, even above ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Zinkraptor posted:

Oh, I think I'm mistaking the location. Hang on, I'll get a clip.