Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

For the desert Lunar Tear go underground to the top down bit, go west as far as possible then follow the path south, you'll eventually come out above ground in a cave with a chest, that has a second exit carrying on above ground and you can follow that and a couple of double jump dashes at the right times should get you where you want to go.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Mar 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just realised I played a Platinum game that didn't have a FotNS-style punch duel. :sad:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Here we go. This is the path I used for the Desert Lunar Tear.

Upload took forever because my internet kinda sucks. :australia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBpzUwaDif8

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

I just realised I played a Platinum game that didn't have a FotNS-style punch duel. :sad:

There is one clash of fists near the end of route A/B but its p tame

Intoluene posted:

Had no idea you were supposed to do it that way :v:

http://puu.sh/uVA2U/f73f4bc492.mp4

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Mar 23, 2017

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Intoluene posted:

Thanks for posting that.

So, I just fished up Pod B right before the Flooded City shmup section and :stonk: holy gently caress

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Intoluene posted:

Josuke Higashikata posted:

There is one clash of fists near the end of route A/B but its p tame

Had no idea you were supposed to do it that way :v:

http://puu.sh/uVA2U/f73f4bc492.mp4

Eww. Look at those minimaps rotate. Gross.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Did Vanquish have a pummel duel? It's been so long since I've played it, I don't remember.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Did Vanquish have a pummel duel? It's been so long since I've played it, I don't remember.

I'm almost certain it did, because punch rushing is part of your skill set.

also the first time in the video is totally to show how to do it wrong and on purpose totes

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
FUUUCCK

So you know how you erase Pascal's memory in the third run of the game? If you do so, then you'll find him selling all of the children's parts back at his camp when you next see him.

One of the parts you can buy are a weapon, "Machine Heads".

But... the weapon story:

I LACK PARTS
I AM USELESS
MY EXISTENCE IS UNNECESSARY
I TRIED I TRIED SO HARD MOMMY

... drat...

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So kinda spoilers for this game, and in relation to the Beepy short story So since the machines were basically entirely mindless except for an order to kill when Beepy came out, and then it gave them actual minds, does that mean that Beepy is the root cause for the entire events of Automata happening since it gave the Machines the push they needed to become sapient?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Every time I think this game can't hurt me any more it proves me wrong

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Eopia posted:

So kinda spoilers for this game, and in relation to the Beepy short story So since the machines were basically entirely mindless except for an order to kill when Beepy came out, and then it gave them actual minds, does that mean that Beepy is the root cause for the entire events of Automata happening since it gave the Machines the push they needed to become sapient?

Divergent evolution and independent machines are actually enabled by the machine network itself. Beepy and his followers seem to have headed to space at the end of the novella so either he indirectly ended up influencing the system or he's just something like a machine legend at this point. I don't think he's directly responsible

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Sakurazuka posted:

Every time I think this game can't hurt me any more it proves me wrong

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Are we supposed to know these random men from twitter, or?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I thought the joke was just "do you like Bayonetta and being really sad?"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's not like you need to know who either of them are to find it amusing?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Uh, sorry for being too lazy to blur out the names on what I thought was a pretty obvious joke, I guess?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I found it amusing.

I got my 3rd real ending tonight: Ending D. That's got to be the happy one, right? Honestly, Route B's story seems to be the highlight for me. Route C had some neat revelations, but a lot of it was kinda... underwhelming. More technical than revelatory. I'm not sure why I'm supposed to care about the red-haired twins. They're basically new characters, but suddenly central. Like, yeah, their story is tragic, butI thought a big part of what made this format of storytelling work was that I was learning things about characters I already had impressions of. The stuff with 9S and 2B and A2 is pretty good, but outside of 9S's character developement, it kind of takes a backseat to some of this game's more generic plot conclusions.

But honestly I'm just depressed because I was hoping for a sad ending and I got a happy one... How hosed up is that...

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Snak posted:

But honestly I'm just depressed because I was hoping for a sad ending and I got a happy one... How hosed up is that...

Yoko Taro strikes again!

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Snak posted:

I found it amusing.

I got my 3rd real ending tonight: Ending D. That's got to be the happy one, right? Honestly, Route B's story seems to be the highlight for me. Route C had some neat revelations, but a lot of it was kinda... underwhelming. More technical than revelatory. I'm not sure why I'm supposed to care about the red-haired twins. They're basically new characters, but suddenly central. Like, yeah, their story is tragic, butI thought a big part of what made this format of storytelling work was that I was learning things about characters I already had impressions of. The stuff with 9S and 2B and A2 is pretty good, but outside of 9S's character developement, it kind of takes a backseat to some of this game's more generic plot conclusions.

Popola and Devola are a callback to the original Nier just know that another instance of their models really, really hosed up. In this one, consider the implications of knowing deep down that a different you, somewhere you don't know, sometime in the past you don't really know for certain completely and irreversibly hosed everything up and know you are supposed to feel bad about it in the very depths of your mind and you expect to be treated like a pariah at every turn because of this other you. It's a tad blunt about the actions taken against the Popola and Devola units being simply unfair but their sacrifice giving their lives that glimmer of hope for the future gave their lives meaning.

Another interpretation I have is that it's an allegory for Original Sin but I'm not really qualified to make that argument.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Intoluene posted:

Thank you!!! I would've probably never figured that out on my own, you saved me a ton of time :)

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Snak posted:

I found it amusing.

Did you play the first game? They're returning from that so they're not exactly new characters. They're also responsible for the extinction of humanity, so everything is actually their fault. Everything in the game emanates from their fuckup with Nier.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

All their models being reprogrammed to constantly feel a sense of extreme guilt but not knowing why was probably one of the most hosed up things in the game.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Are there any quests that I must do before fast travel is unlocked?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Defiance Industries posted:

Did you play the first game? They're returning from that so they're not exactly new characters. They're also responsible for the extinction of humanity, so everything is actually their fault. Everything in the game emanates from their fuckup with Nier.

Same type of android, but not the same individuals, so the mind wipe/guilt infusion is basically punishing them for something a distant relation did 8000 years ago.

Devola and Popola deserve better

dumb and kinda scared posted:

Are there any quests that I must do before fast travel is unlocked?

You can straight line the story until it unlocks and miss nothing.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Sakurazuka posted:

All their models being reprogrammed to constantly feel a sense of extreme guilt but not knowing why was probably one of the most hosed up things in the game.

It's a great demonstration that androids can be really petty and cruel even towards their own, just like humans

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Same type of android, but not the same individuals, so the mind wipe/guilt infusion is basically punishing them for something a distant relation did 8000 years ago.

Well yeah, not the same ones because Nier dusts them on his way to the Shadowlord but they as a group were in charge of Project Gestalt, which broke down in most places. There's only a few places where it went as planned so the odds are this duo still hosed up and contributed to the downfall of humans.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Oh thank god

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I'm trying to find the Apologetic Machine in the desert to finish the Heritage of the Past quest but I already encountered him way earlier and he blew himself up. Am I screwed?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Hexenritter posted:

I'm trying to find the Apologetic Machine in the desert to finish the Heritage of the Past quest but I already encountered him way earlier and he blew himself up. Am I screwed?
If you're following the same instructions I was, the thing is actually somewhere between where it tells you to start from and the machine. Also the elevator it's at is a black dot on the map.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Hexenritter posted:

Nah. Fast-travel out of the area to the Resistance Base and sleep then go back. He should respawn.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Superboss:

I don't want to do this. Emil really grew on me. it's for this that I really recommend people play the original Nier. Goddamn This is the 1st boss I just don't want to do.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Defiance Industries posted:

Well yeah, not the same ones because Nier dusts them on his way to the Shadowlord but they as a group were in charge of Project Gestalt, which broke down in most places. There's only a few places where it went as planned so the odds are this duo still hosed up and contributed to the downfall of humans.

Well to be specific it broke down in all those places because everything was banking on gestalt Nier and D&P inadvertedly lead replicant Nier into becoming powerful enough to kill him.The rest of the units were just doing their job.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I just got Ending B and holy poo poo that 'next episode preview' gave me legit chills. I thought the third playthrough was going to be what A2 had been doing this whole time, not an entirely new storyline! Needless to say, I am loving stoked for this.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

RanKizama posted:

Nah. Fast-travel out of the area to the Resistance Base and sleep then go back. He should respawn.

I'll have to complete that one during playthrough 2 because I just accidentally finished the game. :shobon:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I know people were complaining about weapons not changing between level one and four, but I'm not sure how true that is. My type-3 weapons look to be like really bright green now. Like pea-green. Whereas before they were more of a grey-green color. Lighting might play some effect into this, but it seems pretty noticeable.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I just got Ending B and holy poo poo that 'next episode preview' gave me legit chills. I thought the third playthrough was going to be what A2 had been doing this whole time, not an entirely new storyline! Needless to say, I am loving stoked for this.
The entire opening sequence to Route C/D is loving amazing. Enjoy!

Speaking of... (Route C/D Spoilers)
Whatever happened to 6O? Anything special or did she just go down in the Bunker with everyone else? I liked her.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

So, two minutes into Route B and I get ending G... can't say I was expecting that.

This game really doesn't like being alt-tabbed out of. It fucks up the controls most of the time. Kind of irritating.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
the opening sequence for C/D made me think A and B paths were just the intro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They are lol