Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
3/11 for me this time: Gladius II, Ghido's Whisker, and a dupe The Blitz. The Leila burst is appreciated (especially since I talked myself out of pulling on the II banner where it debuted), and I needed mage gear for V so that's cool too. Not a monster pull like some of you are getting, but satisfactory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Happy no one got anything worse then mine so far.

Schwartzcough posted:

Shadow's is good; instant cast, very quick commands, good damage. Reno's is a little awkward- he's generally a black mage, but it's a physical burst. And one of the commands has to be chained for a while to reach full potential. Not terrible, though.

They buffed his ATK so it's decent (tied with Seifer for reference), and he's also the only Machinist to get Enthunder (excluding Desch) to combo into the upcoming Tempest Snipe. It's not that bad of a Burst. Combat 4/Celerity 5/Machinist 5 is the best physical moveset, but at worst you can spam Lifesiphon into the BSB.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I got Hope BSB and a dupe Raijin BSB. Not bad! A beefier Raijin stick and some oomph in my worst realm.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Leon's BSB, Serah's BSB and Yuna's lovely enHoly SB

:confuoot:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

2/11, Sabin's BSB and Balthier's SSB. Neither is a dupe, and I didn't have any Enfire SBs, so this is a Good Pull.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
I got Vayne's weird BSB and Minfillia's BSB. Hell yeah to another Holy sword and that sexy BSB. I also ended up with a dupe Veil of Wiyu and Squall's en-Ice jacket. That en-Ice could become useful in the future (or now with my honed Snowspell Strike).

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Got Kain BSB and Minfilia BSB. Very happy with this.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Rydia's BSB, Papalymo's SSB, Cloud's old Enwind.

Not bad. Would have been better if it was Cloud's BSB2 or Papalymo's BSB, but Rydia's fine.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
Serah's BSB, Vincent's entire, and Ricard's enwind. I'll use the last one for the FFIII record, at least. I have Vincent's BSB, so I have big plans for him now. I hope he gets his MC3 soon.

To the person who asked about Yuffie earlier, it's a good BSB with a built in Mug Bloodlust on command 2 and short cast times. Yuffie's another character I'd like to get up to level 99.

Oh man I just realized with Moonfrost Arrows I can go back and pummel Mote Ifrit for fun.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

pichupal posted:

They buffed his ATK so it's decent (tied with Seifer for reference), and he's also the only Machinist to get Enthunder (excluding Desch) to combo into the upcoming Tempest Snipe. It's not that bad of a Burst. Combat 4/Celerity 5/Machinist 5 is the best physical moveset, but at worst you can spam Lifesiphon into the BSB.

Ah I feel even better about it then. Is there a dark skill Shadow can use coming down the line? Or does he cast enough to stay in burst mode forever?

Seems wierd to have an en-element SB with no skills of that element useable tbh.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I got Zidane and Lightning's SSB armours, which is okay I guess

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Got Fang and Golbez's SSB and the obligatory Guardian Corps Coat :downs:

I mean still could have gotten way worse.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Jehuti posted:

Ah I feel even better about it then. Is there a dark skill Shadow can use coming down the line? Or does he cast enough to stay in burst mode forever?

Seems wierd to have an en-element SB with no skills of that element useable tbh.

It's been a while since I've used him but iirc he can chain his BSB if you've got Battleforged / Ace Striker on him. Maaaaybe even without that since the commands have reduced delay, but that would probably require haste if it's possible at all.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Just a teaser. For comparison to the JP banners in regards to the OSB-level stuff that DIDN'T debut, 2 had Squall's OSB, 3 had Lightning and Rinoa's OSBs, 4 had TG Cid's OSB, and 5 had Zidane's OSB.

So here we have Zidane's staying put, Lightning and Rinoa replaced with Bartz and Gilgamesh, and unknown slots for 2 and 4.
What further changes could be in store?

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

U-DO Burger posted:

The ultimate dud for this banner is a unique XIII item so congrats on jinxing yourself

SON OF A BITCH

Lightning Unique/11

I knew I shouldn't have pulled on this.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
1/11 gave me Cecil's BSB. I'm perfectly happy about this since it gives me three holy BSBs. No imperil holy, but anything that's weak to it naturally is going to get crushed.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
How feasible is FFII D250 now that I have Rydia's BSB but no Wall? I do have Vivi/Serah BSBs to help cover elements and Alphinaud for general non-counterable stuff. My only MAG boost is Braskas though, so no native Hastega.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I'd RW Garnet's SSB (Divine Guardian). It's going to be kind of difficult if you don't have any kind of aoe reverse wall, and you'll need a good healer BSB

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
1/11, Koga Blade, dupe. Not how I was hoping to start this day off. :sigh:

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
3 orbs, surely this will be worth the pull!

Ghido's Whisker (Exdeath unique), Butts Cloak (Unique Butts), and instead of Ashe's BSB the game loving taunts me with Balthier's light armor super.

No dupes and I guess they're ok stat sticks but I do not feel lucky today.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Beasteh posted:

I'd RW Garnet's SSB (Divine Guardian). It's going to be kind of difficult if you don't have any kind of aoe reverse wall, and you'll need a good healer BSB

I have Mog's Heroic Harmony/Fran's Shatterheart, as well as Cid's Monkey Wrench. The problem would definitely be fitting everything in - something like Mog/Penelo/Rydia/Vivi.... and then maybe Braska? I could run Echo over Mog, as she'd provide Shellga + RES+50% and Hastega, and she's another Dancer with backup heals, but she's noticeably squishier compared to Mog. Problem is if I'm not sure if two DPSers is enough.

Alternatively Tyro, for a Magic Blink and to save slots on Protectga/Shellga. Kinda hard to fit him in over a reverse wall or a healer though. I could swap out Braska, but then I'm running pretty low on damage.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Mar 23, 2017

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
2/11, neither were dupes

Not bad at all I say!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i got two gafgarion bursts :shepface:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Cinnamon Bear posted:

SON OF A BITCH

Lightning Unique/11

I knew I shouldn't have pulled on this.

It had to be somebody, and I'm glad it wasn't me

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

2/11 Steiner's BSB and Minfilia's BSB (dupe). Not unhappy with getting one new burst, but man this game loves giving me Minfilia's relics. I have 3 of her shield and 2 of her sword now.

Should I keep my dupe sword separate? It's got holy boost and i don't have a lot of those.

Steiner's sword seems decent, it's just annoying they made it's fire boost synergy only.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Dupe warrior's glove :sadtrombone:

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

pichupal posted:

Happy no one got anything worse then mine so far.

I got Ricard's Super on a 1/11, does that count?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

iamsosmrt posted:

Should I keep my dupe sword separate? It's got holy boost and i don't have a lot of those.

Personally I would because if anything, ffxiv synergy is still uncommon at this point but all of the physical dudes can use swords I think so might as well kit them out.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

That's an alright pull! Not sure when I'll use Ingus outside of 3 content and earth weak bosses, but Ashe is now going on my mage team.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Kain BSB and high summoner staff, I'm ok with this and my lightning team just got stronger.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

1/11 dupe Alphinaud book, lame.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

My Always Lucky Tally so far:

Medica: 2/11 Sarah's and Porom's SSBs (No dupes. Was a Larsa short for a full-Hastega pull)

En-Element: 1/11 Edea's Burst (My best Dark Mage want to be an Ice Mage)

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

bilperkins2 posted:

1/11 dupe Alphinaud book, lame.

I'll trade you for the 1/11 dupe Ashe BSB I got

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Fest banners are out, go nuts.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Banner 1:
Tyro USB
Sephiroth OSB
Onion Knight OSB
Kain BSB
Vaan BSB
Maria BSB
Braska SSB (MAG +30%, Quick Cast 3 and High Regen)
Arc SSB (Instant Curaga Medica + Physical Blink)
Edge SSB (Hastega, Last Stand + Physical Blink)
Sephiroth SSB (10x Dark/NE physical ST + EnDark)

Banner 2:
Faris USB
Tidus OSB
Shantotto BSB
Quistis BSB
Yuna BSB2
Krile BSB
Minfilia SSB (+50% ATK + Last Stand)
Selphie SSB (Curaga Medica + Magical Blink)
Exdeath SSB (6x Dark/NE magical ST, +30% MAG/MND to party)
Zell SSB (8x random NE physical ST, +30% ATK/DEF/RES to self)

Banner 3:
Bartz OSB
Gilgamesh OSB
Cid Raines BSB
Golbez BSB
Refia BSB
Relm BSB
Sabin SSB (40% Max HP medica, +100% DEF and Esuna to party)
Noel SSB (6x NE physical ST, 100% Stun, Instant Cast 2 to user)
Krile SSB (+30% MAG, Hastega + High Regen)
Laguna SSB (6x NE physical ranged ST, +50% ATK to party)

Banner 4:
Agrias OSB
Ashe OSB
TG Cid OSB
Agrias BSB
Eiko BSB
Alphinaud BSB
Yuna SSB (Curaga Medica + 2000 HP Stock)
Ramza SSB (Stoneskin: 30%, +50% Critical Damage to party)
Alphinaud SSB (+30% ATK/MAG + Radiant Shield to party)
Onion Knight SSB (5x NE magical AOE, 40% Max HP medica to party)

Banner 5:
Eiko USB
Zidane OSB
Garnet BSB
Vanille BSB
Luneth BSB
Jecht BSB
Y'shtola SSB (Protectga, Shellga + High Regen to party)
Garland SSB (5x Dark/NE physical AOE, -50% ATK/DEF to enemies)
Papalymo SSB (+30% MAG, Hastega + Quick Magical Cast 3 to party)
Cid Highwind SSB (+50% ATK + Hastega to party)

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Guess I win!?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

question: what does "stoneskin: 30%" mean and followup why does it have to show up on the one banner where i have a shitgazillion dupes

edit: oh it's an old super i thought it was something new

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

question: what does "stoneskin: 30%" mean

Stoneskin: 30% means that your characters get covered with a bubble that nullifies up to 30% of their Max HP in damage from any source.
(This can have a con in preventing SB gain from taking damage and being unable to attack party members afflicted by sleep or confuse.)

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
1/11 Ricard's armor. gently caress you game :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I can't believe they made banner 4 specifically for me. Hamelin and Saintly Excalibur in one package? Please and thank you.

• Locked thread