Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

harperdc posted:

I kind of want to go to Singapore, but based on cost, it's even cheaper to get to Malaysia. Might try to do the double next year...

I also want to get to Suzuka but yeah, that's a given.

Malaysia might not be on the calendar next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

I dont think that Mclaren can have a worse year than 2015 when they couldnt even get the motor to full specs, right?

Oh don't challenge them to be more terrible than last year

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.

harperdc posted:

Driver and Team Guide 2017

I noticed a small error in your excellent overview. Emphasis mine:

quote:

Daniil Kvyat (14th, 25 points) - As Verstappen had his unlikely rise last year, so Kvyat suffered the fall. A solid if uninspiring driver in 2015 with the RBR team led to a 2016 where some early-season mistakes led to his first podium -- at home in Russia -- and his last drive before switching with Verstappen.

Russia was his last race with RBR but the podium came the race before, in China. I guess Matt will have to fix it in the OP.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Another reason for disliking Hamilton, cool

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

McGuinty posted:

I noticed a small error in your excellent overview. Emphasis mine:

Russia was his last race with RBR but the podium came the race before, in China. I guess Matt will have to fix it in the OP.

Good catch, cheers. Russia was of course when he shunted Vettel.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think the MCL32 will be as bad as the MP4-30 but who knows.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Human Grand Prix posted:

I don't think the MCL32 will be as bad as the MP4-30 but who knows.

Well that car killed Nando. I'm unsure if the new one could do an worse thing.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Won't be going fast enough to kill anybody.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

I dunno, if you put Stroll or Verstappen in there they'd probably die from Shaken Baby Syndrome.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

1500quidporsche posted:

I dunno, if you put Stroll or Verstappen in there they'd probably die from Shaken Baby Syndrome.

lol

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

:lol:

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

:newlol:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

1500quidporsche posted:

:vince:

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

:rolleyes:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

:c00lbutt:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Lol. That's good.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

:piaa:

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
F1 2017: Shake n Bake Baby Syndrome

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Just shorten it to Shake n Baby syndrome.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Powershift posted:

Just shorten it to Shake n Baby syndrome.

Surely the car will also overheat and/or catch fire?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Halo14 posted:

Surely the car will also overheat and/or catch fire?
Hasn't run long enough to yet.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I wish McLaren would stop sucking

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

I wish McLaren would stop sucking

You and me both, man

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Is there any indication they can like fix the shaking thing or is the engine terminally hosed from a design standpoint? I remember reading pre-testing that they thought it was going to be fairly competitive and it making GBS threads itself in Spain seemed to have genuinely surprised them.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm a little rusty on the rules but I don't think there's anything stopping them from putting a balance shaft in there if there isn't already one, that would probably help solve it or atleast mitigate it. 90 degree V6s are inherently unbalanced so it's not hugely shocking that this happened. Given their surprise I'm thinking there is some sort of resonance vibration occuring because of the chassis, it might not be all of Honda's fault.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Is there any indication they can like fix the shaking thing or is the engine terminally hosed from a design standpoint? I remember reading pre-testing that they thought it was going to be fairly competitive and it making GBS threads itself in Spain seemed to have genuinely surprised them.

Harmonic vibrations can be a wacky thing, especially if their computer testing can't figure it out.

they could start throwing poo poo at the wall and see what sticks by changing the weight of different engine bits and pray it stops.

When the 5th gen camaro came out, the front brakes could get into a harmonic vibration at certain speeds, and they fixed it by gluing wheel weights to the calipers.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

What a great picture.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Hello darkness my old friend

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Great expression Fernando.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

With the background, it looks like a kid who's having the worst school picture day ever

i told mom i didn't want to wear the honda shirt on school picture day but she made me wear the honda shirt so i'm not gonna smile gently caress that

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Man, he's not even wearing the hat. Whoa :(

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Vettel knows...

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Watching the old F1 races on Foxtel again and they announced that Adelaide '95 had 200K attending on race day, and 511K over the course of the 4 day event. It was the record then, and I think that still stands.

Its kind of surreal to see all the grandstands full and even the open areas look like standing room only. Pretty significant contrast to many of the modern races.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Mar 23, 2017

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
drat -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLoI_UXkcS4&t=361s

What do you want from New F1 Owners -

Alonso: Equal Engines

Hamilton: I don't want that

Ric: But not electric

Hamilton: Yeah and not Honda

ukle fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Mar 23, 2017

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

Watching the old F1 races on Foxtel again and they announced that Adelaide '95 had 200K attending on race day, and 511K over the course of the 4 day event. It was the record then, and I think that still stands.

Its kind of surreal to see all the grandstands full and even the open areas look like standing room only. Pretty significant contrast to many of the modern races.

Hopefully Liberty are on to it. The prices are insane, especially for decent seats. F1 will never get enough 'casual' fans to attend beyond the first/second time a race is run in a new location. Of course the race promoters are forced to charge such high prices because of the hosting fees. 'Walk about' tickets (ie No grandstand seating) for Singapore cost $300 each for me and my missus in 2013. Melbourne in 09 and 11 I can't remember the exact price for the T1 outer grandstand but it was a shitload too. Malaysia is the only race I've attended approaching decent value. Seats right opposite the Ferrari pit wall for about what I paid for the Singapore ones. Bonus points for it being the 2012 race because Alonso smashed everyone. Even grabbing seats facing the back straight which are cheap as chips comparatively provide a good view of a lot of the circuit. Sadly that was 2014 and it was a bad race.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ukle posted:

:holymoley:

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

ukle posted:

drat -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLoI_UXkcS4&t=361s

What do you want from New F1 Owners -

Alonso: Equal Engines

Hamilton: I don't want that

Ric: But not electric

Pictured: Alonso's grin after that joke. I think he wants out guys.

Also at the same time it's hosting the GP, Melbourne is also opening it's sporting season. What I'm saying is, holy poo poo public transport is going to suuuuuuuuuuuuuck this weekend.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

wicka posted:

The only things that it can kill are our hopes and dreams. And Alonso's soul.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

HAM with a serious case of the notgays there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

poty posted:

I'm thinking of going to Suzuka this year but I'm afraid it might affect negatively the statistic where Pastor Maldonado has won 100% of the F1 races I've ever watched live

Every grand prix I've seen live has been a Ferrari 1-2.

I can never go again.

• Locked thread