Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

a man
a plan
a fort

manafort

EDWARD BALLS FOREVER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/22/politics/house-health-care-bill/

quote:

House Speaker Paul Ryan and his top deputies huddled with a group of moderate Republicans in the Speaker's office Wednesday night, as members of the conservative House Freedom Caucus sounded increasingly optimistic that they were close to getting a major concession from the White House.

Hours later, Ryan and his top deputies never came out to speak to the cameras and dozens of reporters waiting outside, and it was clear that leadership had no good news to share. With the exception of a few members who rushed away without speaking to press, all leaders in the room, including Ryan, appeared to have ducked out using side exits.

Leadership.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

zen death robot posted:

That's.....not how it works

the US system is so bad lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lead posining had nothing to do with romes downfall in the 1400s

That was more the result of the power of the Turks

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

Manafort isn't going to talk lol

Manafort will probably talk when the FBI threatens to tell Putin he talked

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I'm Sadam Husain

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

Give him to me.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/CraigCaplan/status/844897150781849600

it begins

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

euphronius posted:

if things keep going the way its going Manafort is going to want some federal protection for fear of some rando but not so rando russian accident.

apparently he still technically owes that russian oligarch millions of dollars that the dude conveniently went quiet on the day trump won the primaries

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

belgend posted:

you know you can see the contents of the bill online right?

With today's rules for this bill, the content of the bill can change without having to go through the Rules committee, meaning that whatever is passed today won't truly be known until it is passed.

The Nastier Nate posted:

They're going to win a supermajority in congress in 2018. Don't underestimate the ability of the democrats to gently caress up what should be an easy get.

I also remember what happens when Republicans overreach: Democratic wins and Obama.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Jalumibnkrayal posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/22/politics/house-health-care-bill/

quote:

House Speaker Paul Ryan and his top deputies huddled with a group of moderate Republicans in the Speaker's office Wednesday night, as members of the conservative House Freedom Caucus sounded increasingly optimistic that they were close to getting a major concession from the White House.

Hours later, Ryan and his top deputies never came out to speak to the cameras and dozens of reporters waiting outside, and it was clear that leadership had no good news to share. With the exception of a few members who rushed away without speaking to press, all leaders in the room, including Ryan, appeared to have ducked out using side exits.
Leadership.

what a peckerwood

Thunder God Biden
Sep 8, 2004

Israel is not a legitimate entity, and no amount of pressure can force us to recognize its right to exist.

Im the blockbuster 9 page investigation

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

deathbysnusnu posted:

We need to really start doing some brain biopsies on Trump voters. Maybe some sort of behavior altering parasite is causing the great not mattering? Rome allegedly had lead pipes leading to their downfall, maybe we have similar causes?

Human beings go insane if they can't constantly expand. We've covered the globe and we are never going to meaningfully leave this rock, so expect continuously ballooning insanity until we execute ourselves.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Healthcare Cell: Deathpanel

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Serf posted:

you ever see the movie maximum overdrive? it's like that but instead of cars its people, and instead of murder its stupidity

I'm afraid it's the opposite, we're the ones with the broken brains, the stupid ones are normals

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Wait. Does this mean they are delaying the vote?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

zen death robot posted:

I'm not disagreeing here

no one on earth could

Serf
May 5, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm afraid it's the opposite, we're the ones with the broken brains, the stupid ones are normals

deep

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Status? Even the physical bill is shook.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Citizen Tayne posted:

Human beings go insane if they can't constantly expand. We've covered the globe and we are never going to meaningfully leave this rock, so expect continuously ballooning insanity until we execute ourselves.

yeah its not like our entire global socitety is structured to maximize profit for a select few or nothin

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Are they not voting today omg

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

So much for The Closer lol

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Wait, Monday? What the gently caress

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

Free Dumb Cock rear end

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Tainen posted:

Wait. Does this mean they are delaying the vote?

via wapo from last night

quote:

The Rules Committee adjourned at 11:35 p.m. Wednesday, after Republicans voted to waive a House rule prohibiting the panel from forwarding a bill to the floor for same-day consideration. The move, colloquially known as “martial law” in the House, will allow GOP leaders to make further changes to the bill and still hold a final vote Thursday.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

oddium posted:

vote on the freaking bill

Wake up you fat bitch and make the ahca

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

yeah, dead people don't talk

what are the chances he survives march at this rate?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Truga posted:

yeah, dead people don't talk

what are the chances he survives march at this rate?

If he agrees to talk to the FBI, he will live.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

mannerup posted:

...colloquially known as “martial law”...

Get used to this I guess

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

yeah its not like our entire global socitety is structured to maximize profit for a select few or nothin

I can't speak for the world obviously but most Americans seem to be authoritarians who support that

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Katya Jones

Now i know after all these years

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
OK, so this was starting as a joke post and it still is but take a minute to know the guy that the nazi James Harris Jackson murdered with a sword in NYC.
His name was Timothy Caughman and this is him:
https://twitter.com/timrock715/stat...k-a7645736.html

ok here's the joke:

https://twitter.com/HenryKrinkIe/status/844898031489179648

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/844886082663698436
https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/844900034189672448
lol

also,
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/421398464472162304

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

With today's rules for this bill, the content of the bill can change without having to go through the Rules committee, meaning that whatever is passed today won't truly be known until it is passed.

I also remember what happens when Republicans overreach: Democratic wins and Obama.

Cthulhu, you can keep convincing us that things matter to cover your sinister emergence from Ryleth, but you can't fool nc

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
so-called twitter battles

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just delete twitter

We should go back to press releases and newspapers

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
http://abcnews.go.com/US/suspect-arrested-israel-connection-bomb-threats-us-jewish/story?id=46323084

quote:

A dual Israeli-American citizen has been arrested in Israel in connection with the series of bomb threats against Jewish institutions in the United States and other countries, a source with knowledge of the case told ABC News.

It is unclear if the suspect is Arab or Jewish.

I like the last line there.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Baloogan posted:

the word cuck that i got probated like 70 times for is now mainstream

Old news buddy

Post the Last Cuck Tonight gif

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

zen death robot posted:

Gotta make the Koch bros happy real quick

I am finding relatively little to enjoy about the current political landscape but the literal civil war within the Republican Party over Operation: gently caress The Poors is kind of wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i hope everyone has voted for riot dog

• Locked thread