Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

jeez, Oliver, you could at least guess. Say you're gay or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

YOU LIKE TO KILL PEOPLE

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Anatoly's continued :stonk: over Oliver's actions has been great. When a Russian gangster thinks you've gone too far you've probably gone too far.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Evelyn, you traitor.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

That's not really some deep, dark secret there Oliver.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
So glad we finally got a flashback heavy episode. We really needed one to really tie up everything so far in Russia, although I'm not entirely sure where Frankenkovar really fits. Whole episode was really good, though, especially Oliver and Chase going back and forth and Ollie admitting he really likes killing. Such a good season.

Hermi On Me
Dec 30, 2002

That's totally barbaric!

howe_sam posted:

That's not really some deep, dark secret there Oliver.

Yeah, I didn't think this was quite that deep a secret either. Team Arrow has openly talked about how he's a serial killer, and they actively were fine with it, until Oliver decided to stop.

Was happy when they killed Evilyn, was sad when they brought her back.

Edit - I don't really agree with the secret either. Pretty sure Oliver always saw killing as a means to an end - saving the city. He was trained that way by Slade and Amanda Waller to get the job done at any cost, and at the very basic level, to survive. They've never show him reveling in the kill, if anything, he often regrets being a killer, enough that Tommy's death forced him to stop.

Hermi On Me fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 23, 2017

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

They should have kept up Flash's musical episode to this one so we could have Ollie's rendition of "I Killed a Guy (and I liked it)."

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Maybe Ollie just never confessed to one of his villains before and that's what made it so hard to say?

Not like there was any real consequence to him not saying it until now; Evelyn was alive all along and all Ollie got was a little torture and his tat burned off. That's like a Tuesday for him.

At least the flashback stuff was great.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bruceski posted:

They should have kept up Flash's musical episode to this one so we could have Ollie's rendition of "I Killed a Guy (and I liked it)."

Amell made a few hilariously butthurt posts on FB about not being a part of the musical.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/manubennett/status/844704640100917249

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Man that was really loving good. Chase is hands down the best villain any of the CW shows have had. The actor is so great in the role and I love the story they're telling with him. I think now this season is on the verge of being the best season of Arrow.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Interesting episode. Someone in another thread pointed out that Kevin Tancharoen directs good action and I think they're right. There was something about the action in this episode that seemed a step above. Man, Josh Segarra is quite the surprise of this season.

I don't know if Oliver's confession really hit home as much as it was intended to, but I think it makes sense. Not sure where it goes from here though unless it's just the obvious "break the hero down and make him see that the reason for his quest was built on lies" --> "hero redefines the reasons the quest is built upon." It's really kind of stark and grim that he's basically admitting to being a psychopath at times. And while Batman could be considered a psychopath too, the "droppin' bodies" part of this show is definitely one way it deviates from just being Batman.

Semi-related: I recently caught up on Halt And Catch Fire and the actor who played Rory/Ragman was on it a bunch and pretty good. Great show that started out unevenly but is definitely worth catching up on.

I don't even understand what Manu is trying to say here, unless it's just about using something Deathstroke related without him. As far as I can tell that's the correct eye. Whatever the situation is between him and Arrow, it makes me sad because I just binged Spartacus and he was great as Crixus, and Slade of course.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Manu seems to think that Amell was hinting at a return for him or something.

It was obvious to me Amell was just showing they were getting ready to film that final flashback, but to be fair I've seen the show and Manu hasn't.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
That was a great episode. Flashbacks were so much better when they tell a whole story instead of just 1 minute at the end of an episode.

And Josh Segarra is an awesome villian

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Oliver will be back to his usual as soon as [insert villian] threatens the city and "only he can take him out" :cryface:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
So Oliver and Barry share the same dark secret, huh? :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Longbaugh01 posted:

I don't even understand what Manu is trying to say here, unless it's just about using something Deathstroke related without him. As far as I can tell that's the correct eye. Whatever the situation is between him and Arrow, it makes me sad because I just binged Spartacus and he was great as Crixus, and Slade of course.

Aphrodite posted:

Manu seems to think that Amell was hinting at a return for him or something.

It was obvious to me Amell was just showing they were getting ready to film that final flashback, but to be fair I've seen the show and Manu hasn't.

Yeah, I'm totally lost now

https://twitter.com/manubennett/status/844988694369112064

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Is that a shot of when Moira was killed? Lol. If so, I like his pun.

Maybe Manu is just trying to beef with Amell to get into the WWE.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I watched that episode

BECAUSE I WANTED TO

AND I LIKED IT :byodood:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Tarquinn posted:

I think Barry's is an open secret with numerous abettors. Oliver justifies his with "because there's no other way" and "justice" and everyone around him agrees in some fashion.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Tarquinn posted:

Oh, that's not fair. Barry's just incompetent.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Phenotype posted:

Oh, that's not fair. Barry's just incompetent.

but he WANTED TO kill those metahumans

and he LIKED IT

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Barry WANTED TO BREAK UP WITH IRIS AGAIN
And HE LIKED IT

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Hey, let's do a fun light hearted Flash musical episode!

Yeah good idea, and what do we follow it with the next night on Arrow?

:gonk:

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

For serious, I'm glad I'm wasted.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Extending the musical crossover to this episode would have been great.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Would the musical have been retroactive? Would we have gotten a Dolph Lundgren solo?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I get feeling "I WANTED IT TO! AND I LIKED IT!" is going to turn into this thread's "THAT'S NOT HER NAME"

I'm okay with that, at least for a little while. Because that was a drat good episode and a literal payoff for the entire series run. :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Phylodox posted:

Would the musical have been retroactive? Would we have gotten a Dolph Lundgren solo?

🎶 IIIIIIIIIIIIIII must break you 🎵

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chokes McGee posted:

I watched that episode

BECAUSE I WANTED TO

AND I LIKED IT :byodood:

Why do I watch arrow?

I WATCH IT BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE IT
AND I LIKE THAT

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Space Crabs posted:

Why do I watch arrow?

I WATCH IT BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE IT
AND I LIKE THAT

TVIV gettin' meta

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
The best part about this is going to be next episode where Dinah comes in and gets Ollie back in the game by yelling at him to harden the gently caress up.

Basically what I'm saying is Dinah is just the best.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I'm eagerly awaiting Ragman's unexpected return, saving the whole team like a badass out of nowhee.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
This was a good episode although it was a little over the top.

Also Oliver just not even bothering to put on a shirt before returning.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Chokes McGee posted:

I get feeling "I WANTED IT TO! AND I LIKED IT!" is going to turn into this thread's "THAT'S NOT HER NAME"

More appropriately, it can be the new "I BECAME SOMEONE ELSE, SOMETHING ELSE."

But nothing will ever replace DROPPIN' BODIES in all our hearts.

Edit: Also, I saw some headline of an article saying someone else on Team Arrow is getting a costume...

...it's Felicity.

Longbaugh01 fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 25, 2017

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Longbaugh01 posted:

Edit: Also, I saw some headline of an article saying someone else on Team Arrow is getting a costume...

...it's Felicity.

Felicity is going to start wearing entirely appropriate office attire and flats.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Longbaugh01 posted:

...it's Felicity.

It's some alternate timeline in Legends.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Longbaugh01 posted:

I don't know if Oliver's confession really hit home as much as it was intended to, but I think it makes sense. Not sure where it goes from here though unless it's just the obvious "break the hero down and make him see that the reason for his quest was built on lies" --> "hero redefines the reasons the quest is built upon." It's really kind of stark and grim that he's basically admitting to being a psychopath at times. And while Batman could be considered a psychopath too, the "droppin' bodies" part of this show is definitely one way it deviates from just being Batman.

But they have already done the redfine the reasons for the quest thing with Ollie at least twice already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Longbaugh01 posted:

I don't know if Oliver's confession really hit home as much as it was intended to, but I think it makes sense. Not sure where it goes from here though

Oliver abandons the Green Arrow identity, throws himself into being the mayor, and the show becomes a remake of Spin City with Team Arrow as his staff.

• Locked thread