Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Alxprit posted:

I can't believe they made banner 4 specifically for me. Hamelin and Saintly Excalibur in one package? Please and thank you.

i'm annoyed because i'd like the hamelin but i already have tg cid's osb, agrias' bsb, and both alphinaud's bsb and ssb

i might throw a pull at it anyway because i have the mythril

edit: i'm also disappointed not one celes runic style soul break is on the list, that's one mechanic i have yet to have in my repertoire

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Mar 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Dupe Tiara/11 RIP

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Pulling the poo poo out of banners 1 and 4 I think.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Mithross posted:

I will get OK, Ashe, Kain, and Luneth. I will complain about going 4/11 all dupes. Somebody somewhere will read that and cry. My day will be complete and I will sleep.

I'm still super pissed about that. Look, at least you can combine combat stat sticks to get a boost. Hell I'd love to get a second kain and luneth bsb, boosted +element spears would be great!

As for the festival banners, 2 and 4 is are only ones that're really worth it for me. Everything else has too many scattered dupes or stuff I don't want. Sadly banner 1 has the two bsb's I want the most, vaan and maria. I might still just pull on ffvi banner 1 again instead of these. I dunno, I'll bitch about it in the thread until I do something.

Now to pull on this lucky banner and get lightning's field corps uniform.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I got 2 dupes on all the fest banners except 4 (1 dupe) and 5 (no dupes)

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
So I need a heal BSB... should I go for banner 4 or 5? I don't have any dupes except for the Chaos Rod on 4, so it's pretty wide open. I figure I might as well just dive into the better banner overall, since both Eiko & Vanille's heal BSB seem good to me.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Hogama posted:

Banner 4:
Agrias OSB
Ashe OSB
TG Cid OSB
Agrias BSB
Eiko BSB
Alphinaud BSB
Yuna SSB (Curaga Medica + 2000 HP Stock)
Ramza SSB (Stoneskin: 30%, +50% Critical Damage to party)
Alphinaud SSB (+30% ATK/MAG + Radiant Shield to party)
Onion Knight SSB (5x NE magical AOE, 40% Max HP medica to party)

Well, I was gonna be a little annoyed at getting 3/11 (Gabranth Hauberk, Basch BSB and a dupe Lightbringer VI) but then they dump a banner almost tailor-made for me.

Also amused I was right about them putting Bartzpocalype on the banners since they knocked it off the Ultros.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm actually wondering if Banner 2 isn't the best banner for me to go after. I could really use a good Support Break, and Faris USB seems good. I also like FFX, and wouldn't mind Tidus OSB or Yuna BSB2. I wouldn't say no to a Shantotto or Quistis BSB either. Banner 4 looks amazing though, and Hamelin is the only dupe on that one. Ugh, 2 dupes, I forgot I had Agrias BSB. That I'm running in my physical holy team right now. Somehow.

Banner 1 I've got a couple dupes on, and while I was really hoping for a Sephiroth OSB, I'm also not so sure how much it'd really add. It might let me run a physical dark team instead of my dark mage team, but ehhhh? A good support break might do a lot more for me overall. Onion Knight I don't really care about, although Tyro is good. I'd like the Edge relic on Banner 1, but I was planning on pulling for Edge's SSB and BSB in the next IV event anyway.

Kinda leaning towards two pulls on Banner 2, and maybe 1 on Banner 4?

Cinnamon Bear fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Mar 23, 2017

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
seeing a lot of Veil of Wiyu draws today.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Banner 4 is really good but I won't make a pull because I have like 4 dupes. I think 1 and 3 will be my big pulls depending on tomorrow's lucky.

I'll be so salty if I get my fifth Arc's robe.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Huh! I got cloud's climhazzard unique and freya's six dragons ssb. I honed sky high to r2 as soon as I got luneth's bsb, but I think it'll be better in freya honestly. Too bad I have absolutely nothing worthwhile for cloud to chain his en-wind into, but there's always the hope of a future pull I guess.

Faris with imperil wind and wind bite, freya with en-wind and sky high, luneth with en-wind and his bsb, sazh with his bsb atk/mag buff and either tyro or a medica dude for support. My physical team is now complete! Wind meta, oh yeah. Or hell, switch out faris for kain with his bsb and sazh for fang and her reverse wall, and I have team super dragoons.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
poo poo pull for the second day in a row:

At least it only took one orbfest stage to master. 2/22 with a dupe and unique being the pulls is not what I was hoping for on these banners. Better luck tomorrow...

Also lol of course they put Raines BSB with Bartz+Gilgamesh OSBs. I still might throw a pull at banner 3 because Golbez, Refia, and Relm BSBs are all pretty cool

edit: putting the list on this page too

Hogama posted:

Banner 1:
Tyro USB
Sephiroth OSB
Onion Knight OSB
Kain BSB
Vaan BSB
Maria BSB
Braska SSB (MAG +30%, Quick Cast 3 and High Regen)
Arc SSB (Instant Curaga Medica + Physical Blink)
Edge SSB (Hastega, Last Stand + Physical Blink)
Sephiroth SSB (10x Dark/NE physical ST + EnDark)

Banner 2:
Faris USB
Tidus OSB
Shantotto BSB
Quistis BSB
Yuna BSB2
Krile BSB
Minfilia SSB (+50% ATK + Last Stand)
Selphie SSB (Curaga Medica + Magical Blink)
Exdeath SSB (6x Dark/NE magical ST, +30% MAG/MND to party)
Zell SSB (8x random NE physical ST, +30% ATK/DEF/RES to self)

Banner 3:
Bartz OSB
Gilgamesh OSB
Cid Raines BSB
Golbez BSB
Refia BSB
Relm BSB
Sabin SSB (40% Max HP medica, +100% DEF and Esuna to party)
Noel SSB (6x NE physical ST, 100% Stun, Instant Cast 2 to user)
Krile SSB (+30% MAG, Hastega + High Regen)
Laguna SSB (6x NE physical ranged ST, +50% ATK to party)

Banner 4:
Agrias OSB
Ashe OSB
TG Cid OSB
Agrias BSB
Eiko BSB
Alphinaud BSB
Yuna SSB (Curaga Medica + 2000 HP Stock)
Ramza SSB (Stoneskin: 30%, +50% Critical Damage to party)
Alphinaud SSB (+30% ATK/MAG + Radiant Shield to party)
Onion Knight SSB (5x NE magical AOE, 40% Max HP medica to party)

Banner 5:
Eiko USB
Zidane OSB
Garnet BSB
Vanille BSB
Luneth BSB
Jecht BSB
Y'shtola SSB (Protectga, Shellga + High Regen to party)
Garland SSB (5x Dark/NE physical AOE, -50% ATK/DEF to enemies)
Papalymo SSB (+30% MAG, Hastega + Quick Magical Cast 3 to party)
Cid Highwind SSB (+50% ATK + Hastega to party)

Also what the new stuff is:
Ultra Soul Breaks
Tyro USB - Party Abnormal Status effect Blink 1, HP Stock 2000, self haste and Instant cast 2
Faris USB - 6xAoE Hyper Break + Stun, dmg increases with less enemies
Eiko USB - 0CT Curaga Medica + Guts + Haste

Overflow Soul Break
Sephiroth OSB - 1x Dark/Fire Overflow physical dmg
Agrias OSB - power increases with weakness/imperil, 1x Holy/Non-ele Overflow physical dmg
Ashe OSB - 1x Overflow Thunder/Non-ele magic dmg
Onion Knight's OSB - dmg type depends on higher of ATK/MAG , 1xST overflow Non-ele PHY/MAG dmg

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Mar 23, 2017

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

First time going 4/11 I think. Fujin ssb, Reno bsb, Leon bsb, and alphinoud bsb!

Also, vanille bsb off yesterday's lucky draw. Very happy with what I've got!

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Freya EnWind and a dupe Sephiroth coat. Pretty bad compared to my gf pulling Clouds BSB2 and friend drawing Edea, Ignis, Cecil, and WoL's BSBs.

I mean I guess I have Cid mission synergy for 9 now.....?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Let's see on dupes...

Banner 1 - kain and Maria burst, braska, edge, sephiroth ssb

Banner 2 - tidus osb, Yuna bsb2

Banner 3 - Raines bsb and sheepsong

Banner 4 - Cid osb, agrias bsb, ramza and onion ssb

Banner 5 - luneth bsb and yshtola ssb

Well, I have to figure out what I want to do here I guess. Will have close to 350 mythril by the time everything gets given out.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
Healer Lucky - 4/11:
Vanille BSB
Dupe Dreamstage
Larsa SSB (Pretty odd character buildout)
Ovelia's Magic Blink
I really wanted a second BSB on top of Aerith's, super happy with this.

EnElement - 2/11
Third Party Dress for Rinoa
Maria's BSB
I already have Alph's and Raines BSBs so my hope was for a physical burst but getting Maria's is pretty awesome. A third Party Dress isn't too disappointing either since my VIII armor synergy is pretty dire.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

no dupes, and I needed some FFIX mage weapon love since my only other mage relic was kuja's gloves.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

1/11 Steiner's BSB

Pretty good I think, considering I already have his fire imperil SSB. With Terra and Celes I have a half decent fire team.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

2/11, Rinoa's Party Dress and Edea's BSB. I don't get the sense I did very well here. Maybe the BSB will be good for Mote Ifrit when I get around to that?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

2/11, Cid VII BSB and Serah BSB.

Think with that I can make a full mage burst team, whee!

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

IllegallySober posted:

2/11, Rinoa's Party Dress and Edea's BSB. I don't get the sense I did very well here. Maybe the BSB will be good for Mote Ifrit when I get around to that?

It's a very good burst for Edea. You did well.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

I want Agrias OSB so bad, but I have four dupes on banner 4, three of which I pulled in the last three Lucky Draws. :(

I know, First World FFRK problems, but the dupeless Banner 3 is so much more appealing even with that enormous pitfall of "Noel SSB/11"

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

IllegallySober posted:

The BSB is great, and the party dress isn't as bad as it was when it first came out. When it first came out there was only really quake as an earth element skill. Chain Stonega is a reasonable source of damage. I mean you still run into the problem where very few enemies are stone-weak, but it's at least not the stupidest thing ever anymore.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I currently have no dupes on Banners 3 and 4. I love it.

This makes up for my crappy EnElement Draw pull.

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Maybe tomorrow, I'll find a home.
Quick question, but how does Zell's BSB compare to Refia's BSB? Party wide crit bonus with instant cast commands vs self crit bonus, extra crit damage and fire element. Is Refia's better assuming +fire equips and/or fire weakness?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
3/11 for this banner: Sabin BSB + Bartz and Golbez cloaks.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Daraken posted:

Quick question, but how does Zell's BSB compare to Refia's BSB? Party wide crit bonus with instant cast commands vs self crit bonus, extra crit damage and fire element. Is Refia's better assuming +fire equips and/or fire weakness?

Refia's is better single-person DPS - its CMD 2 is another stackable buff - but Zell's BSB helps bring up the entire party's DPS. They're both top-tier monk BSBs.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

IllegallySober posted:

Edea's BSB is one of the best magic bursts in the game.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
2/11 Shadow and Alphinaud BSB, how did I do?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

iamsosmrt posted:

It's a very good burst for Edea. You did well.

Pander posted:

The BSB is great, and the party dress isn't as bad as it was when it first came out. When it first came out there was only really quake as an earth element skill. Chain Stonega is a reasonable source of damage. I mean you still run into the problem where very few enemies are stone-weak, but it's at least not the stupidest thing ever anymore.

Cool, that makes me feel better, anyway. :)

I think I had Edea in my mage team a while back when I pulled Sorceress Crown, but the BSB will take precedence over that, I'm sure. Still need a good Faithga relic, I think, to really make a mage team go, though.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

:chloe:

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 23, 2017

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
Looks like I'm gonna have enough for 3 pulls, not really sure what to do:
Banner 1 (4): Kain BSB, Vaan BSB, Maria BSB, Seph SSB. And while not a dupe, I have mage boosts from Serah, Krile and Papa so I'm not desperate for Braska's.
Banner 2 (1): Dreamstage.
Banner 3 (3): Raines BSB, Noel's SSB, Sheepsong
Banner 4 (3): Ramza's SSB, Alph's BSB and SSB
Banner 5 (4): Dagger BSB, Vanille BSB, Y'sh SSB, Ley Lines

I have All the mage relics so I'm really looking for physical/de-buff stuff, which I think justifies a pull on 2 and 4. Chase 2 for the USB/OSB (have Tidus' BSB); consolation prizes are mostly mage stuff but at least not dupes. Banner 4 has a decent amount of physical stuff I'm interested in but the dupe risk is pretty high. Refia's gloves would be awesome but I'm not super keen on the OSBs in banner 3, too many dupes elsewhere.

That'd leave a fest pull on the table, which feels kinda weird; are there any banners coming up with great physical/debuff relics to justify not pulling?

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Maybe tomorrow, I'll find a home.

KataraniSword posted:

Refia's is better single-person DPS - its CMD 2 is another stackable buff - but Zell's BSB helps bring up the entire party's DPS. They're both top-tier monk BSBs.
Yeah, but Zell CMD 1 and Refia CMD 2 have the same buff. So I'm curious if the party wide boost + instant cast entry + Powerchain CMD 2 is better compared to the fire element (+gear, enemy weakness) + 2x crit damage CMD 1.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

2/11, Emperor and Refia's BSBs. I'm happy with that, especially since I also have Fujin's BSB.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Hey, it's Dark boosting armor that every Dark Mage can wear, and you have lots of armor synergy now. Still far from one of the worst pulls out there.

Sorry if they're all dupes though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That's a whole lot of synergy armor you can give people, nice!

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

Got a dupe Lightning unique (boo) and a Veil of Wiyu (yay). It's not the lance I wanted, but I see it's on the first fest banner, so maybe I'll get another shot.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I 1/11'd the Enspell banner but it was Cloud Cycle so I'm loving stoked.

I went 5/11 on the Medica banner, a dupe Mistilteinn, Arc's instant pblink curaga, Vanille's ability refresh Curaga, Relm's high regen curaga, and Rosa's BSB, which rules because you can Wrath chain it. 5 is also a new record for most 5* relics I've ever gotten on one pull.

It's been a good couple of days.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Dupes for me:

Banner 1: Abel's Lance
Banner 2: none
Banner 3: none
Banner 4: Excalibur T, Chaos Rod (which is already ++ so I'll be really bummed if I pull one)
Banner 5: Gungnir III, Mistilteinn, The Blitz, Omnirod, Wizard's Gloves

So yeah, definitely skipping phase 5. Will probably do at least one pull on everything else, we'll see. Really wish they had put a better OSB than Greg's on banner 3, if that and the Noel SSB were gone that would be as good as banner 4 imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

2/11 No dupes

Maria BSB Bow and Seymour SSB Armor

Well up to two dark boosting armors now but I don't feel like Seymour is worth leveling just to test how close I can fly to the sun without a Memento Mori multiplier.

Maria is a neat option though especially since Ysh/Vanille are half a mage team already. I've only managed to get her to 4 hits on her command with a faithga but she isn't 99 and wasn't using my best equipment, 5 hits should be easy.

• Locked thread