Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Is there a way to do strikethrough text on imgur?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Bizarro Dees is back.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scatsby
Dec 25, 2007

Shangri-Law School posted:

Bizarro Dees is back.

I like him better.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Jedit posted:

In the process driving a 4x4 through a group of French schoolkids.

You should get out of your bubble more. You'll look less like an insouciant prick if you know what you're talking about before you post.

fr though, who gets this upset in the thread where we look at cartoons hahah

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Xander77 posted:

Early 20th century tomatoes were apparently sweet enough to just eat on their own, like an apple.

You can still get these, you just have to grow them in your own garden. They taste like an entirely different fruit. They don't transport or keep well, so they are completely impractical for commercial use.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

BarbarianElephant posted:

You can still get these, you just have to grow them in your own garden. They taste like an entirely different fruit. They don't transport or keep well, so they are completely impractical for commercial use.

What sort of seeds would you be looking for?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lmfao at Grouchy Chuck

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

No see, farmers' markets are for out-of-touch liberals with their ponytails and their goatees.

Real farmers sell their produce exclusively to good wholesome multinational supermarket chains.

THIS is the only farmer's market I need, you latte-sipper

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Xander77 posted:

Yeah, but that's... like the last century or more.

Early 20th century tomatoes were apparently sweet enough to just eat on their own, like an apple. And would splatter satisfyingly when hitting vaudeville performers.

i eat tomatoes all the time tho...

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

quote:

Yes we now live in a scary new world, of course we, the Jewish nation, have survived centuries of scary worlds. We've always had the help of our survival book; the Passover Haggadah.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

What kind of car was that guy driving???

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

xthetenth posted:

I think they're usually called heirloom tomatoes

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Is this an American thing? Tomatoes sold here can be plenty sweet.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Radish posted:

What kind of car was that guy driving???

This wouldn't have happened if the Brits drove on the right side of the road.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Is this an American thing? Tomatoes sold here can be plenty sweet.

Regular sized tomatoes here at low to mid-tier supermarkets are often bland/mealy especially when they're not in season. But you can buy greenhouse grown little cherry/grape/newbreed tomatoes that are modified to be extra sweet. Now there are 'heirloom tomatoes' that look different and are apparently better but I've seen them still green in the high end market indicating they're still being picked green which sucks.

The quality of produce at a supermarket here is much lower than what one gets at a Woolworths/Coles in Australia and that's p sad.

tl;dr should grow our own :(

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the attack in Westminster – Four people have died, including a police officer, and at least 20 people were injured in a terror attack outside the Houses of Parliament, the Metropolitan police have confirmed"

Telegraph:

After Herge, and this tweet.

Times:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Terrorists really loving hate Big Ben.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

xthetenth posted:

I dunno, my mum's the gardener. Just go to a good garden shop and ask the staff. Ripening on the plant in the sun is half the secret, not the variety. The problem with supermarket tomatoes is that they are picked green for easier transport and then ripened when they are ready to sell.

"Heirloom tomatoes" are just multicoloured types, they don't actually taste any better.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

What do you have against healthy capitalism, Stiglich?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

I dunno, my mum's the gardener. Just go to a good garden shop and ask the staff. Ripening on the plant in the sun is half the secret, not the variety. The problem with supermarket tomatoes is that they are picked green for easier transport and then ripened when they are ready to sell.

"Heirloom tomatoes" are just multicoloured types, they don't actually taste any better.

Ermmm.... I've grown lots of tomatoes over the years and the different varieties definitely have different tastes than commercial ones that are vine ripened. Vine ripened commercial may taste better than the ethylene gas ripened bin o' maters, but real heirlooms beat all those.

Besides, the important question is do ducks even eat tomatoes?

Brass Key
Sep 15, 2007

Attention! Something tremendous has happened!

Heirloom tomatoes actually are different. They retain a "green shoulders" gene that makes them ripen more gradually, with the excess chlorophyll becoming sugar. Standard grocery store tomatoes are missing it, which makes them a quick-ripening nice even colour that tastes like nothing.

Beefsteak tomatoes are the worst offenders. I've never had one that wasn't a mealy bland disappointment.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

What the loving gently caress is this trying to tell me

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Potato Salad posted:

I think it's something about David Hasselhoff siding with the Germans again over Brexit.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Potato Salad posted:

The fire had already started when the first plane hit the clock tower, either because it was an inside job or because Marty miscalculated the lighting strike time due to daylight savings time and now he's stuck in the past.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Wistful of Dollars posted:

What do you have against healthy capitalism, Stiglich?

Also, can he explain how Google would know without someone telling them? It's not like ads are manually placed.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

Brass Key posted:

Beefsteak tomatoes are the worst offenders. I've never had one that wasn't a mealy bland disappointment.

They are cooking tomatoes, not eating tomatoes. They are enormous so you can stuff them.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Potato Salad posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edm0YJraeVI

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Potato Salad posted:

A second car has hit the clock

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

stillvisions posted:

The fire had already started when the first plane hit the clock tower, either because it was an inside job or because Marty miscalculated the lighting strike time due to daylight savings time and now he's stuck in the past.

I thought that fire had been burning since the world started turning?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Turns out we're not the only ones wondering what happened to Garrison. Any of this theories make sense?

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamerGhazi/comments/4xiry1/so_what_happened_to_ben_garrison/

ThisBunkCannotSwim
Sep 17, 2010

Get in the bin.

Hmmmm, cat mittens you say?

Hey, Tinsley: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fP4emqw7O4&t=28s

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the poor little duck who's rich in luck

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Shangri-Law School posted:

Bizarro Dees is back.

I only just noticed Donald giving Putin a blowjob.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

lovely week to be called Chuck. :/

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jedit posted:

It's not done, maybe they'll finally get that rat.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Jedit posted:

Somebody warn Chuck Yeager. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Gorsuch only competes against children because he isn't qualified to win against people his own size?

• Locked thread