Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

lmao they are going to cause so much murderdeathkill on their own constituency that the Dems will have to do the absolute minimum to win in 2020

and still lose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/shermancourt/status/844919890859438082

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

this is the most russian quote and sequence of events possible

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Charles Mansion posted:

What time is the house gonna vote on AHCA?

When they get to 216 solid yes votes or when President Pissboi calls up Ryan demanding to know why they haven't voted yet

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Winkie01 posted:

https://twitter.com/GQMagazine/status/844921945456041984

The sad thing is Dems will filibuster and still enough Dems will vote for him.

fuckoff GQ loving cuck mag

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

weekly font posted:

lmao they are going to cause so much murderdeathkill on their own constituency that the Dems will have to do the absolute minimum to win in 2020

and still lose

it's her time (again)

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

Reps will kill the approval filibuster for supreme court judges, which is a very small change to the Reid rule already instituted which created a 50-vote majority for all other appointees. This was almost certainly always going to happen. I think the Dems should have waited for a clearly unqualified candidate, but the base wants them to make the Rs go nuclear on Gorsuch and they appear to be responding.

No one is interested in removing the legislative filibuster.

they've been whining for so long about saving their precious political capital for gorsuch and now they want to waffle on it

they absolutely need to make some kind of show of opposition

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Lots of pissed of Trump-ites calling in cspan - not that it's the most accurate measure of pulse, but I seem to recall a more positive tone overall a few months back and this is overwhelmingly doom and gloom.
These fuckers honestly didn't think he would do it.

man tells people he's getting rid of their healthcare for months and people who voted him shocked he takes their healthcare away lol

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

no NYT is consistently dumb. Sure there are worse sources out there and they do occasionally do good reporting, but overall they tend to be lovely, sloppy and biased in pretty predictable ways like they show in that article about a white supremacist murdering a black man for being black. Or when they hyped the poo poo out of CLINTON EMAILS forever.

WaPo is better.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/ShaneGoldmacher/status/844924587838226432

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

brugroffil posted:

no NYT is consistently dumb. Sure there are worse sources out there and they do occasionally do good reporting, but overall they tend to be lovely, sloppy and biased in pretty predictable ways like they show in that article about a white supremacist murdering a black man for being black. Or when they hyped the poo poo out of CLINTON EMAILS forever.

WaPo is better.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Yinlock posted:

they've been whining for so long about saving their precious political capital for gorsuch and now they want to waffle on it

they absolutely need to make some kind of show of opposition

this has relatively little to do with political capital and everything to do with using a tool when you can actually get a result. That said, the optics of pure opposition are very important for democrats right now so I don't necessarily disagree with it.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

looking at their twitter feed clickbait is alive and well

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/pdmcleod/status/844921077436428289

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

The closeness of the senate also means they can let all the red state R's vote for cloture and still fillibuster him tho

(depending on whether you put Casey and Baldwin and the two Michigian sens in the "red state R's")

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It's coupled with the hope that they then lose their majorities in the wake of this hosed up administration - then a democratic house/senate can jam things through. Everyone speaks of killing the filibuster as a pandora's box - and I don't know whether that's necessary true or not, but it's a frightening enough notion that McConnell has skirted having to do it before.

Senate will stay R in 2018, far too many D seats up for election that round.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/844909756149985280

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Here's my impression of Trump as a snake.

Ppppiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

id just like to page the doofus yesterday that was saying putin and his oligarchs aren't all that bad

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I had a dream a few nights ago where I was the bodyguard to a young Joan of Arc like figure at the start of dark ages Britain. She went mad with power and I fled to Persia. I was also Titus Pullo from the HBO show Rome.

This is why Trump won.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

brugroffil posted:

Senate will stay R in 2018, far too many D seats up for election that round.

A true titanic wave could put the senate D, but it'd require either Nebraska or Texas and holding ND.

The best result is likely not losing any ground. Picking up Heller and one of ND, MO, or IN ends up falling. I think the most likely is probably +1 to Reps at the current rate.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lol what the gently caress. Has goth culture even been a thing since like the early 2000s?

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/ElizLanders/status/844925268909346820

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The Dems chance at the Senate was 2016 and Hillary was bad at not hurting them and Dems nominated limp noodle nerds.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

With Zinke gone, Tester is much safer than he was a couple months ago. Manchin is WV personified.

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Jose posted:

man tells people he's getting rid of their healthcare for months and people who voted him shocked he takes their healthcare away lol

Man's made a lot of promises about healthcare.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

dont mock my sales booth for ROCK PASTE at san diego comiccon

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

ScrubLeague posted:

Just called my congressman about not voting for AHCA today, surprised that a dude answered the phone and said he'd pass along the message.
:same:

Only it was a dudette who said she'd pass the message along.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
The more I think about it, it truly shows how pathetic the dems are as a party here we are so happy the dems are going to filibuster a stolen Supreme Court seat after every single thing under Obama was filibustered where he couldn't even fill dozens and dozens of other vacant seats. We are so happy that they finally nutted up and did 1 good thing.

To make it even more pathetic I think we all know Gorsuch will get more than 60 votes.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

murked by dragon posted:

Lol what the gently caress. Has goth culture even been a thing since like the early 2000s?

lost highway was probly on tv yesterday or something

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

Reps will kill the approval filibuster for supreme court judges, which is a very small change to the Reid rule already instituted which created a 50-vote majority for all other appointees. This was almost certainly always going to happen. I think the Dems should have waited for a clearly unqualified candidate, but the base wants them to make the Rs go nuclear on Gorsuch and they appear to be responding.

No one is interested in removing the legislative filibuster.

i think the dems have proven so bad at strategy that pushing them toward uncompromising anti-republican poo poo is prob more effective for now

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Let's not.

Serf
May 5, 2011

while i hope for the best, i have come to expect only the worst

or in lieu of the worst, the dumbest

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Are goths still around?

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 361 days!

murked by dragon posted:

There's a sizable demographic that probably equates "goth culture" with "whatever, they dress weird and I don't like it"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

murked by dragon posted:

we have been saving Marilyn Manson in this cryogenic chamber for just such an occassion

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

this about the "de minumus" thing?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I lust for filibuster death but I will be very surprised if I wake up someday and it's gone.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

This guy
this guy is the loving worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

posting on sex page (for real this time)

• Locked thread