Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

The art is especially gorgeous this chapter.

I wonder if the other Strawhats are going to crash the party too, because normally that Katakuri guy would definitely be pitted against Zoro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I hope not, the B-team are really earning their paycheck this arc and showing why they get to be on the future Pirate King's crew.

Also I love birb persons and I hope Morgans isn't the last.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

jinbei... is going to die 😢

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

FiftySeven posted:

I wonder why the Mangastream translation chose to translate Katakuri. its a name, it doesnt need to be translated at all.

Because every other charlotte kid had their name in a langauge that isnt japanese.

E: Well except perospero. Whos named for entirely pun related reasons.

Also dogtooth is a cool name.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Mar 23, 2017

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

oddium posted:

jinbei... is going to die 😢

Dude's had a death wish since the moment he was introduced, he's just gonna be the first Strawhat to achieve his dream :toot:

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
So with Observation Haki that strong, wouldn't he sense the presence of the Strawhats immediately? I mean how do you work around a guy like that? Bege knows what this guy can do, so he's either gotta remove him from the picture off the bat or this whole thing won't even make it into the five seconds they need.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Asuron posted:

So with Observation Haki that strong, wouldn't he sense the presence of the Strawhats immediately? I mean how do you work around a guy like that? Bege knows what this guy can do, so he's either gotta remove him from the picture off the bat or this whole thing won't even make it into the five seconds they need.

Luffy's completely loving unpredictable and/or does not think beyond the next five seconds, rendering himself invisible to Katakuri's Observation Haki.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Because every other charlotte kid had their name in a langauge that isnt japanese.

E: Well except perospero. Whos named for entirely pun related reasons.

Also dogtooth is a cool name.

But he's named after Katakuriko, which is a food item like every other Charlotte kid. They would have been better off calling him Potato Starch...

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I hope not, the B-team are really earning their paycheck this arc and showing why they get to be on the future Pirate King's crew.

Also I love birb persons and I hope Morgans isn't the last.

I see Big Bird has adjusted to the move to HBO well.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

FiftySeven posted:

But he's named after Katakuriko, which is a food item like every other Charlotte kid. They would have been better off calling him Potato Starch...

Wait poo poo
Shows me for believing T/Ns.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Wow, the roulette wheel is even more brutal than any of us predicted. No wonder Jimbei turned it down.

How do you even go about killing 1,000 people? Would you just wipe out Fishman Island as a whole for Jimbei leaving?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Holy poo poo, that door is so shocked.

Edit: Dogtooth feels like he fell out of a Fist of the North Star chapter or something.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Mar 23, 2017

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
That Joestar guy now has the highest active bounty in the series.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
There's no way Dogtooth isn't a huge goofball. I'm predicting this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hPH4NI7EFh8

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

JosephWongKS posted:

Luffy's completely loving unpredictable and/or does not think beyond the next five seconds, rendering himself invisible to Katakuri's Observation Haki.

gear 4 gum gum octopus for the one shot

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Asuron posted:

Its probably better to think of it as a vague way of describing how good he is at it rather than an actual ability

is this the first >1 billion bounty we've seen?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
We don't know the Emperor's bounties I think, so yeah. 1 billion is pretty terrifying though.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Jose posted:

Its probably better to think of it as a vague way of describing how good he is at it rather than an actual ability

is this the first >1 billion bounty we've seen?

Jack of the Beast Pirates - one of Kaido's commanders - has a one billion berri bounty.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Dogtooth is 5% more dangerous than Jack, I guess. Feel like If a is kind of splitting hairs, though.1 billion vs 1.057 billion.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

Ace and Trafalgar Law were conventionally cool guys.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

what chapter is this from?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

season 8, The Gang Eats Breakfast

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Kild posted:

what chapter is this from?

It's chapter 700.

Sanji made him onigiri instead :3:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Still the absolute best:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

i can't wait for jinbe to not die

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

JosephWongKS posted:

Ace and Trafalgar Law were conventionally cool guys.
Yeah, but Ace was a narcoleptic glutton and Law spends a lot of time being inadvertently humiliated by the Strawhats. I can't think of a single 'cool' One Piece character in the traditional anime vein.

I can't remember the chapters/panels but don't forget he spent most of the latter half of Dressrosa strapped to the back of a bull

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

"Oda, you can't just make the newspaper magnate a muppet."

"The hell I can't" *literally draws evil Big Bird*

:allears:

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Cat Machine posted:

I can't think of a single 'cool' One Piece character in the traditional anime vein.

Senor Pink

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
those character designs are next loving level. how does he KEEP coming up with distinctive and visually appealing characters wtf.

Froggycleric
May 11, 2013

Don't sully his love with imagined reasons.
He's not cool, he's hard boiled.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Dogtooth is an extremely epic man who fell out of a different manga.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Begemot posted:

"Oda, you can't just make the newspaper magnate a muppet."

"The hell I can't" *literally draws evil Big Bird*

:allears:

Is there anything Oda couldn't make work?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Quality 'ga here folks.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I was really hoping buggy's crew would be part of the underworld.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

they couldn't cut it

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

The "thousand pirate dispatch circus" is 100% above board and has no need to be a part of the quote unquote underworld.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Sub Harrison posted:

I was really hoping buggy's crew would be part of the underworld.

we may not have seen every person at the wedding, but yeah, seems like it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

blizzardvizard posted:

The art is especially gorgeous this chapter.

I wonder if the other Strawhats are going to crash the party too, because normally that Katakuri guy would definitely be pitted against Zoro.

Nah, dude doesn't even have a sword. A deadly Jellybean sniper is more of an Usopp opponent. Doubly so since the dude looks tough and cool.

It's a good think Zoro didn't come along this arc, a dude with three giant knives in food land would be unstoppable. There's not even a sake island to slow him down. Bad enough Luffy's stacking the deck with a chef and a man with no stomach or taste buds and can't even be tempted with smells or sights.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Gyges posted:

Nah, dude doesn't even have a sword. A deadly Jellybean sniper is more of an Usopp opponent. Doubly so since the dude looks tough and cool.

It's a good think Zoro didn't come along this arc, a dude with three giant knives in food land would be unstoppable. There's not even a sake island to slow him down. Bad enough Luffy's stacking the deck with a chef and a man with no stomach or taste buds and can't even be tempted with smells or sights.

the best part of this arc is when chopper straight up ate a table while no one was looking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i hope katakuri says you're already dead...