Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Space Crabs posted:

I don't think it's projection when you are apparently incapable of parsing nuance in other peoples arguments and apparently need me to not only break it down into easily digestible chunks but explain to you broad concepts of human interaction and sociology that most children learn.

All to somehow prove why you being bitter Trump won is different than how other people are being bitter that Trump won, which is an impossible fight because you are intellectual Rocky that is going to make me punch you in the face 37,000 times with slightly different re-phrasings of the same thing until I either die of exhaustion or realize the futility of trying to explain to you, or a select few vehemently anti-trump people that inhabit these forums, why there is a difference between instinctual emotional reactions and the intellectual reasoned positions certain people pretend they are.

So I concede, you win the ability to be bitter for 4 more years. It comes with probably 4 additional years of being bitter.

nice meltdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
u mad?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
actually Mexico is a pretty great nation imo, I like it

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Guys is America great again yet

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Space Crabs posted:

I don't think it's projection when you are apparently incapable of parsing nuance in other peoples arguments and apparently need me to not only break it down into easily digestible chunks but explain to you broad concepts of human interaction and sociology that most children learn.

All to somehow prove why you being bitter Trump won is different than how other people are being bitter that Trump won, which is an impossible fight because you are intellectual Rocky that is going to make me punch you in the face 37,000 times with slightly different re-phrasings of the same thing until I either die of exhaustion or realize the futility of trying to explain to you, or a select few vehemently anti-trump people that inhabit these forums, why there is a difference between instinctual emotional reactions and the intellectual reasoned positions certain people pretend they are.

So I concede, you win the ability to be bitter for 4 more years. It comes with probably 4 additional years of being bitter.

the fact that trump voters are mainly motivated by emotional knee jerk reactions (and Trump played it well) and not by any kind of logic makes this post even more lol and ironic

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
The Greatening cannot be stopped, only lamented

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth
I am thoroughly enjoying the US pissing its pants in front of everyone else. A 4 year long stream of piss leaving a wet mark on the fat-baggy Walmart jeans of the greatest country on Earth.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Watching from the inside as America dislodges itself is slightly more preferable than watching from another country

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

the fact that trump voters are mainly motivated by emotional knee jerk reactions (and Trump played it well) and not by any kind of logic makes this post even more lol and ironic

Good job replying to the same post twice you drama queen

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

This trump guy is retarded

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Carmant posted:

This trump guy is retarded

How can you say that given how much smarter he is than his proponents in this thread?

Once in a while he speaks a coherent sentence.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

ikanreed posted:

Once in a while he speaks a coherent sentence.

please cite your sources

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

thathonkey posted:

please cite your sources

Unironically as a person who watched all the debates and followed the election closely, I don't think Trump has managed to say one sensible thing. It's kind of like when apes use sign language, they can't use grammar, only wildly gesticulate words "GOOD BIGLY, YUGE CLINTON BAD"

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Unironically as a person who watched all the debates and followed the election closely, I don't think Trump has managed to say one sensible thing. It's kind of like when apes use sign language, they can't use grammar, only wildly gesticulate words "GOOD BIGLY, YUGE CLINTON BAD"

Really, because I don't know one thing Hillary even stood for but I know a bunch of Trump things (wall, America first)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the only times he has been coherent as president were the two times he managed to read prepared speeches without making GBS threads himself

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Really, because I don't know one thing Hillary even stood for but I know a bunch of Trump things (wall, America first)

I'm pretty sure the words "wall and America" were all you really needed to hear before you decided your vote.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

thathonkey posted:

the only times he has been coherent as president were the two times he managed to read prepared speeches without making GBS threads himself

And yet he doesn't need copies of debate questions ahead of time so he can have a crack team of "experts" carefully craft responses to each one

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

theperminator posted:

And yet he doesn't need copies of debate questions ahead of time so he can have a crack team of "experts" carefully craft responses to each one

No he desperately does, just because you clapped like a seal when he says "bigly lock her up America wall" doesn't mean anyone else is convinced by that message.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Mordor She Wrote posted:

No he desperately does, just because you clapped like a seal when he says "bigly lock her up America wall" doesn't mean anyone else is convinced by that message.

Yeah he desperately does, that's why the warmed corpse he was debating with lost even though they gave her the questions ahead of time.
That's why he's president, certainly not because people thought he'd be a better president than some weekend at bernies style wallstreet puppet

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

theperminator posted:

That's why he's president, certainly not because people thought he'd be a better president than some weekend at bernies style wallstreet puppet

And how's that working out? lol

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
Pretty good so far considering he's keeping election promises & making America great again.
All the whiny Hollywood lefties & media realising nobody gives a gently caress what they think is a nice bonus.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

theperminator posted:

Pretty good so far considering he's keeping election promises & making America great again.
All the whiny Hollywood lefties & media realising nobody gives a gently caress what they think is a nice bonus.

I'm glad you're enjoying your wallstreet puppet?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Lol "America First" was the name of the organization trying to get us to come in to WW2 on Hitler's side in the 30s.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

a guy who doesn't care about Americans posted:

It's a great bill. I really believe we're going to have tremendous support.
I"m proud to endorse the replacement plan.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Well have you tried not going to those evil liebral elitist "doctors" and instead just investing homeopathic scents?

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
At least we didn't elect a wallstreet puppet!!!!!

*this post brought to you by Goldman Sacchs and Exxon, making America Great Again one cabinet position at a time*

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

Ugghh. I hope this piece of crap doesn't pass.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Krustic posted:

Ugghh. I hope this piece of crap doesn't pass.

lol you voted for it.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

bag em and tag em posted:

At least we didn't elect a wallstreet puppet!!!!!

*this post brought to you by Goldman Sacchs and Exxon, making America Great Again one cabinet position at a time*

There's a difference between "Intelligent, capable men who rose to the highest rungs of society" and "Corporate interests bankrolling someone for future political leverage"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Lol.

Oh wait. Sorry, my bad. I thought this was the LOL thread. Carry on.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

There's a difference between "Intelligent, capable men who rose to the highest rungs of society" and "Corporate interests bankrolling someone for future political leverage"

"At least I didn't vote for a wall street puppet!" Spunky yells in between furious gulps on a Wall Street executives dick. "These men are just so intelligent and capable" as he takes a money shot in the eye.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Yes. There is a difference between the corporate interests having to buy leverage and just outright putting their leaders in office. There is a huge difference. Now we've cut out the middle man to make it a more efficient, streamlined system of loving the average American.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

And that difference is a "D" or an "R" next to their name

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Who do you put in those positions instead? Priests? Career politicians? Artists?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Philosophers.

:agesilaus:

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Joe the Plumber?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

philoso- SON OF A BITCH

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

Mordor She Wrote posted:

lol you voted for it.

gently caress I knew Bernie Sanders was behind this!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

"Intelligent, capable men who rose to the highest rungs of society"

Which ones are they, exactly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Joe the Plumber?