Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
You guys are going to be disappointed when CA announces mesoamerica: total war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Kainser posted:

Honestly, that would be cool as hell.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
They could reuse all the Chaos invasion mechanics and just swap them with Conquistadors.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Only because it wouldn't be China/Asia Total War, but I would gladly take Aztec, Maya, Inca and conquistador TW.

Let's be honest thought, that pyramid is way too Warhammy.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
It's a Mists of Pandaria crossover project.

Total War: Warhammer 2: Total War: Warcraft

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Chomp8645 posted:

It's a Mists of Pandaria crossover project.

Total War: Warhammer 2: Total War: Warcraft

I think you mean

Total War 2: Warhammer vs Warcraft 3

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Also this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCr-RAVozAM

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

wrong thread

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Lunethex posted:

wrong thread

Is it tho?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

I dont know posted:

Honestly, that would be cool as hell.

Spanish Plaguebearers would be so OP.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
It's gonna be a MOBA done in the Heroes of the Storm style. All the biggest names in Total War and Warhammer (40K) brought together. Imagine the likes of Scipio Africanus, Durthu, Attila the Hun, Abaddon the Despoiler, and Oda Nobunaga all brought together in a cartoon arena game for babbies.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I can never not hear this as "Holy poo poo, man!" :allears:

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Perestroika posted:

I can never not hear this as "Holy poo poo, man!" :allears:

or "holy shitman" as if its a title! :eng101:

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Kainser posted:

Total War: Flower Wars

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Kainser posted:

Did noone else play the Spanish colonization of Mesoamerica expansion in ME2:TW? Spain had very expensive, hard-to-obtain, small, but VERY strong Spaniard units, and then the Americans each had MASSIVE armies. It's a great setting for historical asymmetrical warfare.

Warhammer equivalent is when you run into town as Chaos and kill 4000 skellingtons/militamen with your 800 heavily armored chaos troops.

Wait.. are European conquistadors/colonists the historical equivalent to Chaos?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
In the same sense that persia is chaos to sparta, yeah.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

jokes posted:

Did noone else play the Spanish colonization of Mesoamerica expansion in ME2:TW? Spain had very expensive, hard-to-obtain, small, but VERY strong Spaniard units, and then the Americans each had MASSIVE armies. It's a great setting for historical asymmetrical warfare.

Warhammer equivalent is when you run into town as Chaos and kill 4000 skellingtons/militamen with your 800 heavily armored chaos troops.

I don't see how anyone would think so. Conquistadors were just strange, nearly inhuman people in heavy black armor with infernal weapons, spreading plague, madness and war in the service of a mysterious god.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

jokes posted:

Crazy white people from a far away land, some of who have disease filled pustules...sounds close enough.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

The Apache were humorously overpowered in that expansion thanks to their religion just being a port over of Islam. So they could holy war to their hearts content or at least until the Europeans were driven from the Americas.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

At least Spaniards had guns. Chaos, a fantasy army built around wonderful and spectacular and powerful magicks that embody 4 separate and distinct very real gods' respective themes and powers have less cool poo poo in them than 1400s-1700s Spain.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Chaos, as a concept in lore, is good. But as a faction I dislike them.

Hot take from Dandywalken.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Nobody in spain is as pretty as sigvald

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
I just had to make this once i realised it fit too well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl0ttRl7BiI

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Dandywalken posted:

Chaos, as a concept in lore, is good. But as a faction I dislike them.

Hot take from Dandywalken.

It doesn't help that video games love to just pretend that "Warriors of Chaos" is synonymous with "Chaos". Same thing with "Space Marines" versus "Imperium" in 40k.

An actual full Chaos faction complete with cultists, a proper demon roster, and everything else would be so much cooler than "Chaos: Big Metal Mans Edition".

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Gejnor posted:

CA please, hire this bear.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Kainser posted:

That would be loving amazing and pretty much my dream game.

:allears: @ the Americas campaign in M2TW and the Warpath expansion for Empire.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Exmond posted:

I think you mean

Total War 2: Warhammer vs Warcraft 3

Warhammer orcs would at least stomp all over warcraft, I mean their orcs are hardly above replacement rate in reproduction while warhammer orcs literally sprouts from the ground.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Gejnor posted:

Okay, I'll do it, I'll be the out-of-the-loop dumb person:

What music is this?

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

What music is this?

GOOOO GET TO DA GYROCOPTAH

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Trujillo posted:

GOOOO GET TO DA GYROCOPTAH

If it bleeds-bleeds, we can kill-kill it!

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

What music is this?

Helion
Apr 28, 2008

Chomp8645 posted:

They could reuse all the Chaos invasion mechanics and just swap them with Conquistadors.

Instead of Chaos corruption blanketing the earth, strip malls.

Broguts
Oct 16, 2014

jokes posted:

At least Spaniards had guns. Chaos, a fantasy army built around wonderful and spectacular and powerful magicks that embody 4 separate and distinct very real gods' respective themes and powers have less cool poo poo in them than 1400s-1700s Spain.

Hernan Cortez actually only had something like 19 guns when he went to the new world. Apparently his successes came from using his pack horses as improvised cavalry, the Aztecs had literally never seen horses before so they simply could not deal with them.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Cortez' success had a lot more to do with the thousands upon thousands of local allies he had than awesome equipment or whatever.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Broguts posted:

Hernan Cortez actually only had something like 19 guns when he went to the new world. Apparently his successes came from using his pack horses as improvised cavalry, the Aztecs had literally never seen horses before so they simply could not deal with them.

Yeah and just like the ships this meant they literally couldn't see the horses and so assumed the spaniards were hovering

I'm sure someone believes this.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
However the horses, breast plate, and metal swords did allow them to kill hundreds of Aztec each in battles.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Fangz posted:

Cortez' success had a lot more to do with the thousands upon thousands of local allies he had than awesome equipment or whatever.

Yeah. Steel swords and spears and such did help quite a bit. But I think alot of people forget that Cortés was what could be termed a really loving cunning and devious guy. He made local allies, outwitted his opponents, and was utterly ruthless in pursuit of his ambitions.

At one point during his expedition the governor of Cuba sent a force out to arrest Cortés who was not really acting on anyone's orders and had essentially become an out-of-control rogus. This force if I remember correctly outnumbered Cortés's Spaniards by as much as 5-1 (or it was lower but still significant advantage in numbers), and a decent number of actual cavalry. Cortés had an allied tribe who knew how to work copper make spearheads for his force, which he used to arm his soldiers and a bunch of allied natives with long copper-tipped spears, he then outwitted and outfought the force dispatched from Cuba with relatively few casualties, then convicned the survivors (don't think that side had too many killed either) to join up with him which seriously strengthened his hand in future engagements.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
*Reads post about Cortez*

*Licks lips excitedly and puts hands to keyboard with bated breath*

"Actually..."

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Then one of cortes men got lost while sick, got taken in by a friendly tribe, nursed back to health, and went home back to Spain. The tribe then spread the disease wiping out the Aztecs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chomp8645 posted:

*Reads post about Cortez*

*Licks lips excitedly and puts hands to keyboard with bated breath*

"Actually..."

• Locked thread