Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Check your survey, I think you can change what platform you want your copy to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Thanks for pointing that out. I just updated it to the Switch.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

In Training posted:

Also worth noting for Switch owners is that this weekend is the Splatoon 2 free weekend.

aka the greatest weekend ever

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's so limited between kids birthday parties and house hunting and other adult responsibilities I doubt I'll get a chance to play.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

parallelodad posted:

It's so limited between kids birthday parties and house hunting and other adult responsibilities I doubt I'll get a chance to play.

It might be challenging for a normal dad, sure, but you should clearly have superior multitasking abilities :colbert:.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I just wish I had more limbs. Like I could be some kind of Octo dad.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

parallelodad posted:

I just wish I had more limbs. Like I could be some kind of Octo dad.

Hey your name is too close to mine so I demand you leave this website.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Breadallelogram posted:

You are a piece of food that I eat. What would you have me do, become Perpindicudad? That had alarming implications.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Breadallelogram posted:

You think you have problems

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

irlZaphod posted:

You think you have problems

lmao

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Supercar Gautier posted:

The real nice thing is that this time, if Nintendo decides not to create a VC emulator for a particular retro platform (cough, Genesis), that won't get in the way of the rightsholders doing their own release-- hence the Neo Geo stuff that's already up.

After M2 put all that work into several dozen 3D Classic versions of Sega Genesis games that run better than they ran on original hardware, it'd be kind of a shame to go back to straight-up Genesis emulation.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Patter Song posted:

After M2 put all that work into several dozen 3D Classic versions of Sega Genesis games that run better than they ran on original hardware, it'd be kind of a shame to go back to straight-up Genesis emulation.

Maybe this is why we not got a proper VC yet? After stuff like this and the NES Classic games being a lot better then the Wii/WiiU versions, they might be rethinking it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Cross-posting this from the Amiibo thread because you'd likely never find out until after they're gone otherwise;

Ausgoons, If you want the Qbby amiibo from Bye-Bye Boxboy there is going to be a limited quantity sold through the Official Nintendo AU/NZ eBay Store from tomorrow (March 24th). I have no idea if that's noon or midnight or whatever, just March 24th.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Patter Song posted:

Isn't M2 rumored to be behind the Switch VC? I'll buy everything if that's so.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SeANMcBAY posted:

Isn't M2 rumored to be behind the Switch VC? I'll buy everything if that's so.

Pretty sure they gave that job to the guys who worked on the NES Mini, didn't they?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
I know it's probably a pipe dream, but a Sega 3D Classics HD Edition for Switch with the 29 Sega 3D Classics titles would be utterly amazing.

(I didn't realize it was that many until I looked it up on Wiki)

Hell, even divide it up into three collections like they did on the 3DS. It'd still be worth it.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Patter Song posted:

On the one hand yes, on the other hand I feel like as soon as those games get "converted" they're promptly never touched again and I don't know if it's because A. they didn't sell well enough the first time around to make it worth going through again, or B. because whatever devs did the conversion now have to be dealt with for the new console and the additional hoops just aren't worth it.

Sonic 3&K got a DS port and disappeared, Sonic CD got an iOS port (blech, touchscreen controls) and I haven't seen it on a handheld at all...I know they got 1 and 2 redone as "3D classics" for the 3DS so I'm kind of crossing my fingers that they're still working their way through the catalogue, but I guess we'll see.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Patter Song posted:

I know it's probably a pipe dream, but a Sega 3D Classics HD Edition for Switch with the 29 Sega 3D Classics titles would be utterly amazing.

(I didn't realize it was that many until I looked it up on Wiki)

Hell, even divide it up into three collections like they did on the 3DS. It'd still be worth it.

I could imagine something like this coming to Japan at least and we'll all be happy that the Switch is region free.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

PAL update (week of March 23):

quote:

SWITCH RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Has-Been Heroes - €19.99 / £? (March 28)

SWITCH eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    ACA NeoGeo Neo Turf Masters - €6.99 / £6.29
    Little Inferno - €9.99 / £8.99
    Human Resource Machine - €9.99 / £8.99
    World of Goo - €9.99 / £8.99

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Sudoku Party - €5 / £4.50
    Six Sides of the World - €4.99 / £4.49

WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    ?

3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Bye-Bye BoxBoy! - €4.99 / £4.49
    BoxBoy! Trilogy - Demo
    Subara City - €3.99 / £3.89
    Sudoku Party - €5.00 / £4.50

3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    ?

NA update (week of March 23):

quote:

SWITCH RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Has-Been Heroes - $19.99 (March 28)

SWITCH eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    ACA NeoGeo Neo Turf Masters - $7.99
    New Frontier Days: Founding Pioneers - $9.99
    Othello - $4.99

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Aqua TV - $4.99
    Armored ACORNs: Action Squirrel Squad - £7.99
    Mahjong Deluxe 3 - $5.00
    Plantera - Demo

WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    ?

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Mario Sports Superstars - $39.99 (March 24)

3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Ambition of the Slimes - Demo
    Japanese Rail Sim 3D Journey In Suburbs #2 - $14.99
    Plantera - Demo
    Super Destronaut 3D - $1.99

3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    ?

Has-Been Heroes is releasing on Tuesday everywhere (and on PS4 and XBone). Not 100% sure of the price in EU/UK.

Other than that, people are excited about Neo Turf Masters on Switch, plus Bye Bye BoxBoy! on 3DS. Looks like that's PAL-land only for now. The demo for the trilogy is up also. Word on Mario Sports Superstars is that it's not bad, just kind of low-effort.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Mar 23, 2017

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
ON THA GWEEN!

Neo Turf Masters is a Good Game that you should buy for your Nintendo Switch.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

So you're telling me that Turf Masters is on the NA Store?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It will be in about twenty minutes.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Beastie posted:

So you're telling me that Turf Masters is on the NA Store?
Yes, it's out in all regions this week, but as ^^^ said above the NA store won't be updating till Noon Eastern.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Dope. I bought a PSP back in 2006 so I could play Hot Shots during class. Golf games are so great on portable consoles. You can make shot, put it down for a minute or two and answer an email.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Beastie posted:

Dope. I bought a PSP back in 2006 so I could play Hot Shots during class. Golf games are so great on portable consoles. You can make shot, put it down for a minute or two and answer an email.

:yeah:
I think golf games might be the best genre of video games, right up there with rhythm games and Platinum games.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Spoderman posted:

:yeah:
I think golf games might be the best genre of video games, right up there with rhythm games and Platinum games.

So might even call the King's Game or Ball Chess.

Never played Neo Turf Master, but everyone here and on Giant Bomb love the game so I going to buy it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Tempura Wizard posted:

ON THA GWEEN!

Neo Turf Masters is a Good Game that you should buy for your Nintendo Switch.

I am a huge fan of Hot Shots Golf, especially World Tour on the Vita. Will I like, love, or hate this game?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cartoon Man posted:

I am a huge fan of Hot Shots Golf, especially World Tour on the Vita. Will I like, love, or hate this game?

It's fun but it's no Hot Shots. It's like Tiger Woods.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Dope, the NA version appears to have leader boards.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Empress Brosephine posted:

That's cool, sounds like $8 is worth it then. I don't like real golf with boring PGA jerks. I like the cartoony fun of Hot Shots and Mario Golf.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

????
I wouldn't say it's much like Tiger Woods. Tiger Woods has a much bigger focus on analog control and using different shots with the same clubs. Neo Turf Masters isn't too dissimilar from Hot Shots (timing your hits with little bar meters), but it's very stripped down (in a way that works). But Hot Shots has more of a campaign and more equipment to purchase. Neo Turf Masters is just about playing golf, and it's very arcade oriented. It's a very fast, lean game. It's great to pick up and play, and very fun in 2 player.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sorry I meant more like Tiger Woods in tone. I say pick it up for cheap on a phone if you can.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Rirse posted:

So might even call the King's Game or Ball Chess.

Hehe, is this a Monster Factory reference?

Now I want to rewatch the Daz episode.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like NTM but it's just very bleh. And a product of its time in regards to physics or whatever but that's not really its fault.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Can I play Neo Turf Masters' two-player mode with the two joycons that come with the system?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I thought Goodbye Boxboy was coming today! :mad: But it seems the tweet Nintendo made announcing it has been deleted.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Sorry I meant more like Tiger Woods in tone. I say pick it up for cheap on a phone if you can.

Or don't because the phone port is very bad!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

absolutely anything posted:

Or don't because the phone port is very bad!

? What's the reasoning you say that? Plays fine for me with widescreen support?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Everyone who played it says it's bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

All of DotEmu's Neo Geo releases are poorly emulated garbage piles with awful frame pacing, input lag and sound issues