Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

PleasantDirge posted:

I think the three or four of us who care are freaking out about our fearless leader having problems as opposed to reveling in his potential misery. Thats being nosy not gossipy

actually it's weird either way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

suicidesteve posted:

I guess this confirms my ridiculous theory that he had an affair with Gaby! :v:

But really, whatever's going on I hope it ends up alright.

You realize that's a serious theory reddit is running with

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Angry Grimace posted:

You realize that's a serious theory reddit is running with

Realize? No, of course not. Am surprised by? No, of course not.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
what the hell are you nerds doing

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

80s James Hetfield posted:

what the hell are you nerds doing

Making fun of Reddit.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Alaan posted:

I figure just not speculate because a) we don't know what's going on and B) if we did know the marriage is jacked we don't know why. Marriages don't work for a lot of reasons and kids amplify those issues.

Eventually he'll say what he thinks needs to be said.

it's kinda telling people jumped to "he had an affair" rather then something much more mundane, like "it just didn't work out"

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Where do you guys even get this information? I'm not big on Twitter or Facebook so I just know what I read here usually.

Perez Hilton covers mtg pros now

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
So, how about that reserved list?

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008
from lsv's twitch stream last week

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

mandatory lesbian posted:

it's kinda telling people jumped to "he had an affair" rather then something much more mundane, like "it just didn't work out"

To be fair you don't put a baby in someone if you know "it's not working out"

Usually these things don't just pop up, however stranger things could have happened

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

TheMaestroso posted:

I'd rather expend way too much effort on trying to figure out the private life of a guy who plays card games, pinning together clues on my cork board to connect the dots and discover the truth of something that has no relevance to the card game the guy plays.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

TheMaestroso posted:

I say we divorce ourselves from this concept

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Hot Take: LSV got divorced on purpose so he could go back to grinding the GP circuit because he wasn't fulfilled on a commentary only gig

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Usually these things don't just pop up, however stranger things could have happened

i don't think you know many married people, or divorcees

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Fingers McLongDong posted:

I have a math problem for yall that are better than me at figuring these things out:

Now I really want a Lili Last Hope so I can ult her and see how many zombies I can get in play before being blown out by a wrath. Using exponents to denote how many tokens you have in play is some EDH poo poo.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 23, 2017

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Snacksmaniac posted:

I say we divorce ourselves from this concept

put every card ever printed on the reserve list

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Please shut the gently caress up about the guy's relationship forever

When's Amonkhet spoilers

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

suicidesteve posted:

Making fun of Reddit.

yea those guys are a bunch of weirdos, unlike all the totally sane and normal people here who are stalking and speculating on the personal life of a stranger

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

C-Euro posted:

Now I really want a Lili Last Hope so I can ult her and see how many zombies I can get in play before being blown out by a wrath. Using exponents to denote how many tokens you have in play is some EDH poo poo.

Maybe that's why his marriage may be collapsing. LSV is the guy who strung 3 O-rings together on MTGO.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

mandatory lesbian posted:

i don't think you know many married people, or divorcees

You're right, I only know young single dregs of society (who feel showering is optional) who might have a slight case of autism while we turn cardboard sideways and ram our mystical attackers into each other.

I'm not a subject matter expert here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
The only thing worse than the Elder Dragon Highlander format is this thread.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

TheKingofSprings posted:

Please shut the gently caress up about the guy's relationship forever

When's Amonkhet spoilers

So, do you shake an opponents had after you lose or force a shake if you win?

Discuss

little munchkin posted:

yea those guys are a bunch of weirdos, unlike all the totally sane and normal people here who are stalking and speculating on the personal life of a stranger

this is the most troll free forum on the internet, sooooooo

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
One time someone tried to shake my hand so I forced it pitching Jace.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

....what?

I'm pretty sure half of the kids in the world are "let's have a kid to fix our relationship!" kids.

Being hyperbolic obviously but a lot of people think having a kid will fix their failing relationship for any number of reasons. Also sometimes having a kid ruins a previously good relationship, especially if the kid has health problems or some other problems.

And having said all that, I don't know what happened with LSV. And I don't really care. It's none of our business until (if) he decides to tell us.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I'd rather expend way too much effort on trying to figure out the private life of a guy who plays card games, pinning together clues on my cork board to connect the dots and discover the truth of something that has no relevance to the card game the guy plays.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Maybe that's why his marriage may be collapsing. LSV is the guy who strung 3 O-rings together on MTGO.

Yeah but that was funny.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Anyone here play modern Eldrazi Tron? Putting it together for a friend to play next week and I wanted to know some of the ins and outs about the deck.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

If you like it then you should not put three O-Rings on it.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

TheKingofSprings posted:

Anyone here play modern Eldrazi Tron? Putting it together for a friend to play next week and I wanted to know some of the ins and outs about the deck.

It's one of the decks I've been playing lately. It's pretty fun, but I feel like Bant Eldrazi is the better deck overall.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

We've reached peak lovely derail.
I drafted four eyes in the skies last night and it was fun.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Snacksmaniac posted:

We've reached peak lovely derail.

Christ what did Modern Eldrazi do to you?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Christ what did Modern Eldrazi do to you?

Turn 1 Chalice on the play probably.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

When's Amonkhet spoilers
Monday April 3rd.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Walked posted:

It's one of the decks I've been playing lately. It's pretty fun, but I feel like Bant Eldrazi is the better deck overall.

Can't play Karn in Bant Eldrazi :getin:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

TheKingofSprings posted:

A guy at my LGS was running it for a time but recently switched to something else as he felt it was too one-note. Or maybe it was colorless Eldrazi, if they aren't the same?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

C-Euro posted:

A guy at my LGS was running it for a time but recently switched to something else as he felt it was too one-note. Or maybe it was colorless Eldrazi, if they aren't the same?

My friend doesn't play much so a one-note deck might not be too bad of a thing, it looks like it plays a lot of fun cards so it might worth trying out at least the one time.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Alaan posted:

I figure just not speculate because a) we don't know what's going on and B) if we did know the marriage is jacked we don't know why. Marriages don't work for a lot of reasons and kids amplify those issues.

Eventually he'll say what he thinks needs to be said.

Speculation ruining Magic again

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Walked posted:

the majority of the bant eldrazi players I know end up rage-quitting the deck due to consistency issues

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

TheKingofSprings posted:

My friend doesn't play much so a one-note deck might not be too bad of a thing, it looks like it plays a lot of fun cards so it might worth trying out at least the one time.

If you want him to piss people off run SSG and Chalice.

If you want to piss him off run Serum Powder, which this guy actually did.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

little munchkin posted:

the majority of the bant eldrazi players I know end up rage-quitting the deck due to consistency issues

Gave it to a buddy who couldn't build a competitive constructed deck to save his life and he's just having a ball. Like affinity, you have to aggressively mulligan into a bullshit hand, and there's a bunch that are serviceable even on a non-cheating curve. Even when it's inconsistent, he still wins tenfold as many games as with any of his decks when they're working "correctly."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

https://badbudgetmtgsolutions.tumblr.com/

• Locked thread