Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I went back to hear 6O's final words since I didn't beat the sidequest in time the first time. Now I'm sad :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

ghostinmyshell posted:

Goons please stream more, I am tired of watching bad streamers who are 100% against getting better.
I'm at the end of Route C and I can stream if you want. Granted I'm playing on Normal and have the personality of a cardboard box, but yeah.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Where can I find the Gestalt report 5? The wiki was less than helpful.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Renoistic posted:

It's in the Abandoned Factory, near the end of the part you explore late Route A. There's a long walkway and at the end of it is a 9S only door and there's a fairly sizeable area behind it and it should be in there.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Renoistic posted:

I can't be 100% sure but I think I found it at the factory during route C behind one of the locked doors

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I just picked this up and have played a couple of hours. It's really good so far (just killed a weird android that was birthed from some robot womb in the desert, but I have a couple of questions.

In the prologue, my health items were getting used automatically, but now they're not. Is that a chip that I now need to buy and install? And I dont have a strong attack weapon. The weapon trader has some swords, but they're expensive and I don't know how to tell which is an X attack weapon and which is a Y attack weapon.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's in the Abandoned Factory, near the end of the part you explore late Route A. There's a long walkway and at the end of it is a 9S only door and there's a fairly sizeable area behind it and it should be in there.

Thanks! The wiki phrased it as if it would be in the prologue area.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Bardeh posted:

In the prologue, my health items were getting used automatically, but now they're not. Is that a chip that I now need to buy and install? And I dont have a strong attack weapon. The weapon trader has some swords, but they're expensive and I don't know how to tell which is an X attack weapon and which is a Y attack weapon.

You lost your chips and your secondary weapon after the events of the prologue. Any weapon can be an X or Y, it just depends on what slot you put them in.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.

Bardeh posted:

I just picked this up and have played a couple of hours. It's really good so far (just killed a weird android that was birthed from some robot womb in the desert, but I have a couple of questions.

The chip you are talking about is called the Auto Use Item.

Depending if you don't mind a minor spoiler There is a helpful item or two outside the factory runway where you fought the giant boss in the prologue.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Bardeh posted:

The weapon trader has some swords, but they're expensive and I don't know how to tell which is an X attack weapon and which is a Y attack weapon.

Yeah, the equip system threw me at first. Square is light attack and triangle is heavy attack. You can put any weapon in either slot, but combos are weapon type-specific. So a small sword has a different light combo than a large sword does. The small sword's heavy combo is different from its light combo, and of course different from a large sword's heavy combo.

When you look at a weapon, there is an Attack line, which shows two numbers, like 150-180 or something. Those are the damages in the light and heavy slots respectively. Below that is a Combo line, which says something like Lt4 Hv2. Those are the lengths of the combos available in the light and heavy slots respectively.

Aren't the starting swords at the weapon trader just like 5,000G or something? even if they're 10k, that's not really expensive. Just buy one and try it out!

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Beastlord is worth buying just for the attack effects that look like clawmarks

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

to note, different weapon combinations in the weapon slots have different attack strings and you can chain light attacks into heavy attacks

i didnt realize this until like 20h into the game

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I've barely played this game but I really like how almost everyone in YoRHa (outside of the player characters) are total emotional wrecks who hate their job and being alive in general. The game's very relatable.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Under the vegetable posted:

I've barely played this game but I really like how almost everyone in YoRHa (outside of the player characters) are total emotional wrecks who hate their job and being alive in general. The game's very relatable.

Yeah, definitely sounds like you've barely played it. ;)

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Nina posted:

Beastlord is worth buying just for the attack effects that look like clawmarks

yeah this, best weapon

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
if you have gauntlets as your heavy weapon and a katana as your light weapon, one of your attacks is hitting the gauntlet with your katana like you're playing baseball

but for some reason i'm really bad at it and 2B just misses her swing. :X

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Cephas posted:

if you have gauntlets as your heavy weapon and a katana as your light weapon, one of your attacks is hitting the gauntlet with your katana like you're playing baseball

I dunno if it has to be this way when it comes to light sword hitting your bracer like a bat and ball, but bracers light slot, heavy sword heavy slot also does this as a combo transition.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Cephas posted:

Fun fact: It used to always hit during development but Taro told them to change it to miss most of the time.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
That's amazing. It's really funny.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
So after route c, if I just pick continue from my save file like before, am I just back on route A again?

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Snak posted:

So after route c, if I just pick continue from my save file like before, am I just back on route A again?

I think so. Use the chapter select instead

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Nina posted:

I think so. Use the chapter select instead

Cool. it's disappointing how much of the first boss is on a timer and not based on health bar progress. He physically​ can't hurt me, and I wipe out his health bar right away and then he just keeps fighting for awhile until the next scripted part of the fight.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Snak posted:

Cool. it's disappointing how much of the first boss is on a timer and not based on health bar progress. He physically​ can't hurt me, and I wipe out his health bar right away and then he just keeps fighting for awhile until the next scripted part of the fight.

That's true. I hear speedruns of the game are a bit flat because of all the on-rails and scripted boss fight segments.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Oh holy poo poo. You know what I forget about? The self destruct setting. I haven't gotten endings C and E yet, so I don't know if it comes up there...

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Space Flower posted:

yeah this, best weapon

:same:

Virtuous Dignity is freaking great too.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Had a pretty funny error come up on C route.

Talked to Emil with 9S and he did his brainscan line. "I'll just put 9S on it" "What?" "Come again 2B :D"

Like dick move dude.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Like a hundred pages ago somebody couldn't figure out how to dismount a robot horse, ends up you have to detonate the horse to get off.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
How do you stop remote controlling a machine?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Snak posted:

How do you stop remote controlling a machine?

Make it self destruct

I really wish you only had to tap L3 and R3 at the same time to start the countdown. I like to detonate robots after they get charmed to enable another spear of the usurper proc, but holding down both sticks while continuing to fight is some kind of hosed up level beyond the regular claw grip

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Mar 23, 2017

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

tap my mountain posted:

Like a hundred pages ago somebody couldn't figure out how to dismount a robot horse, ends up you have to detonate the horse to get off.

You can ride those?!

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Nina posted:

You can ride those?!

Yeah but I don't know if it's intentional. You have to jump at them while they are subjugated.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

tap my mountain posted:

Make it self destruct

How?

Also, ending E the hardest boss in the game is the Marketing Division

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Normal style I assume l3r3

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Snak posted:

How?

Also, ending E the hardest boss in the game is the Marketing Division

Same way you do it yourself, L3 + R3

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
When does the game tell you this? I've never heard of that...

Also, gently caress the marketing division. Like 10 deaths so far...

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Snak posted:

Don't feel bad, I still don't understand how taunt is supposed to work

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Snak posted:

Also, gently caress the marketing division. Like 10 deaths so far...

Ganbatte!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I keep having that PC bug where the game image freezes but you can still hear sounds and such and I lost like 2 sidequests I just did. I want to die

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I've been using the white samurai sword + the axe of the twins and I can't bring myself to use anything else. The moveset for those two is so loving good...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Game... is good. The set up for the penultimate boss owned bones, if only for style cuz gently caress snake-bots.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I keep having that PC bug where the game image freezes but you can still hear sounds and such and I lost like 2 sidequests I just did. I want to die

Unfortunately that's a driver issue and may never be fixed. :smith:

Save often and dread every lengthy sequence.