Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
that oney lorcan/almas match was way better than the slot of "opening match of a weekly NXT"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Yeah, what a fun match. Biff rules.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Almas/Lorcan loving owned.

Almas/Black is gonna own, too.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWENetworkChron/status/845043744059600896

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I wonder why it took them this long to upload the early episodes. Was there a royalties hangup with Coheed and Cambria or something?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Benne posted:

I wonder why it took them this long to upload the early episodes. Was there a royalties hangup with Coheed and Cambria or something?

Raw and Smackdown were to be completed first and they want to be perpetually adding so they just waited

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

"Developmental NXT"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Benne posted:

There was hold up with Hulu I think.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Now if only they can get the seasons of NXT on Syfy on the Network.

Same with ECW on Syfy.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Who was that sloppy moron woman that did the run in at the end of this weeks NXT?

Parked herself right in the way in one of the corners and made everyone else awkwardly work around her.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Haaahhh Asuka with the pissed-off "You see this, Ember? Huh?! This is what's going to happen to you!!!" in the strongest and meanest of Osaka-ben after the match.

[Edit] also Jerusalem that photo with Okada was the cover of Weekly Pro Wrestling the week of Nakamura's last NJPW match.

harperdc fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Mar 24, 2017

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

spudsbuckley posted:

Who was that sloppy moron woman that did the run in at the end of this weeks NXT?

Parked herself right in the way in one of the corners and made everyone else awkwardly work around her.

Heidi Lovelace, notably Chikara Young Lion Cup champion, Shimmer Tag Champ alongside Evie, apparently her NXT name is to be 'Ruby Riot'. Yeah, her positioning was bad, plus the comical way that all the faces had the exact same thing to say at the end.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Izzy's family are selling their Takeover tickets.

It is over lads.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
NXT is dead!!!

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Shinsuke Nakamura just isn't a draw guys

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VinXXH_mFz8

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
It's almost like when you stop having good simple sensible booking people stop giving a poo poo.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

The_Rob posted:

It's almost like when you stop having good simple sensible booking people stop giving a poo poo.
Look we just throw matches on the wall and that'll keep the crowds coming right?

Man Ryan Ward really was the lynchpin to all of this and all they could take away from his tenure was doing contract signing segments.

Turns out that the Takeover coincided with a Bayley autograph signing at Axxess so that's why they sold their tickets :lol:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

She probably wants to see Bayley more. And good for her since those chances are rare for her now. A little kid just wants to be happy y'all!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

sportsgenius86 posted:

She probably wants to see Bayley more. And good for her since those chances are rare for her now. A little kid just wants to be happy y'all!
Yeah I wasn't disparaging her or anything just giving the reason why they sold their tickets, those people always seemed positive about NXT regardless what happens

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The mid card and entire womens division just stink now.

Roode, Nakamura, DIY and The Revival are about all that is worth a poo poo now. Maybe Hero but i haven't seen enough of him yet.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

spudsbuckley posted:

The mid card and entire womens division just stink now.

Roode, Nakamura, DIY and The Revival are about all that is worth a poo poo now. Maybe Hero but i haven't seen enough of him yet.

Asuka is the best worker in the company but yeah sure

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Junpei Hyde posted:

Please do not engage spudsbuckley re: Asuka

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Junpei Hyde posted:

She is definitely the best woman in NXT at the moment by a long shot mostly because the rest of them look like they started training last week.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

St Evan Echoes posted:

Please do not engage spudsbuckley re: Asuka

This is what I get for not checking who made the post I'm quoting.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Asuka is a better worker than Hulk Hogan ever was but at this point she's the same kind of storyline poison and no one else in the division can look good until she's defeated.

ChineseConnection
Jun 23, 2005

Basic Chunnel posted:

Asuka is a better worker than Hulk Hogan ever was but at this point she's the same kind of storyline poison and no one else in the division can look good until she's defeated.

I love Asuka's style and wrestling, but I have to agree. Her dominance is suffocating the division and even Ember Moon doesn't look like a competitive opponent. Nikki Cross has a good gimmick, but she seems even more pint-sized and less believable than Alexa Bliss.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
It's not like the division would be any better if Asuka wasn't as dominant or not there. Ember's the only other good worker, and none of the others are even that great at character work. These aren't the days of the four horsewomen, or Alexa, and the division is even more starved than when Paige was dominating just as hard as Asuka is. Liv, Peyton, Billie, and Aliyah are not good, and Nikki's tied up with Sanity bollocks.

Until Nikki can get some space and the other women improve, yeah, the division's screwed. You can't carry a division entirely on the back of Asuka vs Ember, and bringing Asuka down isn't going to help, either.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

rovert posted:

Izzy's family are selling their Takeover tickets.

It is over lads.

lol devastating

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bring in Evil Emma for one last shot at Asuka!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It feels like the entire women's division is in stasis until they do that tournament and figure out who's worth keeping/pushing.

I'm just not impressed with any of the developmental women they've been featuring lately. Billie Kay isn't getting any better, which is not a good sign after almost a year of regular TV work. (for comparison, look at how much Sasha/Alexa and the like improved after a year on TV). Peyton might be something someday, but I've yet to see it. And Liv's matches seem to be getting worse by the week.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Ruby Riot'll probably be good

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Asuka, Moon, Cross and Ruby are solid workers, and Peyton/Liv can hold their own as characters. The main issue, as usual, is the booking. Asuka is kinda stuck in that awkward tweener-into-heel spot, and the only person sorta built as a face is Ember. However, Ember got NO character development or build-up feud at all. Like, I'm sure she's gonna have a MOTN come next Takeover, but her entire route thru NXT was "beat up jobbers, lose a 3-way with barely any ring time, "injure" chickenshit heel, get title shot".

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Binky returned to NXT live events after 3 months away on Thursday so the division is saved https://twitter.com/BinkyInTheHouse/status/845333925635461120

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

People getting salty about a 5 year old promotion which has been good to great in literally 90% of its existence, having a lull period is dumb

Thrifting Day! fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Mar 25, 2017

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Thrifting Day! posted:

People getting salty about a 5 year old promotion which has been good to great in literally 90% of its existence, having a lull period is dumb

I'd say more 60 percent of its existence.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

The_Rob posted:

I'd say more 60 percent of its existence.

Mid 2013 until mid 2016 it was the best wrestling show on TV.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
only time NXT was good is when Bo Dallas was champ

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
actually it was when neville was champ and tyler breeze made a few funny jokes in promos against him and he was suddenly going ot be the next shawn michaels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Stroud has started reviewing the beginning of the Full Sail NXTs http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/best-and-worst-of-nxt-june-20-2012/

• Locked thread