Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Adventure Zone is out extra wild and extra out for all us boys! 1 hour 45 minutes

https://twitter.com/TheZoneCast/status/844963832489496576

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
The first editing decision of the episode tells you how real poo poo has gotten. Griffin is SO GOOD at this.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'M PUMPED.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I always assumed some sort of reanimated Garfield Magnus Zombie would be among a final boss rush on the BoB. Unlikely now!!

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

Was Barry Bluejeans canonically 'Barold' all along or is that just in the last couple of eps? I noticed Travis doing it initially but now Justin is too. Either way I think it's great.

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006
Here's me killin' Justin McElroy with a goof while a picture was being taken

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

The Schwa posted:

Was Barry Bluejeans canonically 'Barold' all along or is that just in the last couple of eps? I noticed Travis doing it initially but now Justin is too. Either way I think it's great.

it's most likely just jumping on the common nickname for Barry Bonds among baseball internet posters

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

I think it's a goof one of them came up with and now they're running with it.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
holy poo poo davenport

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I love how huge The McElroys are
https://twitter.com/thinkgeek/status/844664220172070913

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Should've made a "...put JELLY on it" gag.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/mbmbam/status/845005420041322498

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I take it that when they say it's not a goof, they mean it in the sense that they sincerely want it to happen, but in a more accurate sense it is a goof because they're just doing a The Secret.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Look. I ain't ready to call it a goof just yet. Griffin's meme of "my boy. I abandoned my boy!" is gaining some traction, all they need is for one meme to make it big and they're in.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Look. I ain't ready to call it a goof just yet. Griffin's meme of "my boy. I abandoned my boy!" is gaining some traction, all they need is for one meme to make it big and they're in.

Huh? That's a There Will Be Blood reference.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Did you somehow miss how huge "just like Bart" was a while back?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

thexerox123 posted:

Huh? That's a There Will Be Blood reference.

think it's a griffo orig, my man.

Serf
May 5, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

think it's a griffo orig, my man.

Definitely not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JghkG4WydNk

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

pretty sure they stole that for America's Sweetheart, Griffin. Really shameful stuff.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The twists this episode were pretty crazy.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mr E posted:

The twists this episode were pretty crazy.

:smith: Davenport

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I only even recognized it because it's a frequent reference for Rifftrax, as well, haha.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWFI4z9lWNk

The ending has the best Clair de Lune moment yet.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

The McElroy brothers will be in Trolls 2.

My first thought on that episode was "man these guys handle their weed way better than I do". Although by the end of the episode they were sounding pretty out of it

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

purple death ray posted:

Did you somehow miss how huge "just like Bart" was a while back?

Yes. I got into the McElroy empire some months after that monster factory hit so i didnt really notice its usage.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
TAZ spoiler:

So the reveal of the 7th member: Davenport's class is definitely going to be a YaDrew druid, right?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

God drat, it's no wonder that The Adventure Zone is the most downloaded McElroy podcast. It's so so so good.

Can't help but think that Captain Davenport isn't going to be too happy that Lucretia effectively lobotomized him and made him into a servant, even if she had the best of intentions.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So the hunger are more or less the heartless from Kingdom Hearts

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

So the Grand Relics were created to try and hide The Hunger? I don't think Griffin explained just what their purpose was clearly

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Lucretia's explanation was rushed for obvious reasons. Here's what I figure.

The white thing that The Hunger was chasing after in the Voidfish vision is called The Light of Creation. In an attempt to hide The Light from The Hunger, the Red Robes split it into 7 pieces and put each piece into an item, creating the Grand Relics. It didn't work, and if Lucretia is to be believed, it actually made things worse.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

The newest TAZ is completely off the chain. Can't wait for the follow up.

Also I could listen to the McElroy brothers getting blazed and goofing every week.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
the music and scene right before the money zone was amazing, I sat in my car for like ten minutes after I parked cuz I wanted to listen through it

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Johann :smith::smith::smith:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Much like the Stop Podcasting yourself switcheroo, Your Three Dads is worth it just for the last two and a half minutes.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ariong posted:

Lucretia's explanation was rushed for obvious reasons. Here's what I figure.

The white thing that The Hunger was chasing after in the Voidfish vision is called The Light of Creation. In an attempt to hide The Light from The Hunger, the Red Robes split it into 7 pieces and put each piece into an item, creating the Grand Relics. It didn't work, and if Lucretia is to be believed, it actually made things worse.

Yea that was the vibe I got from it. They broke The Light up into 7 bits thinking The Hunger can't go after them all at once and they'd be able to squirrel them away. Woops The Hunger totally can go after all of them at once and they're so powerful they're almost as dangerous themselves now.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Who sent Magnus the picture of him as a RedRobe though?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

VanSandman posted:

Who sent Magnus the picture of him as a RedRobe though?

June gave it to him at the end of The Eleventh Hour.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
So... The birds in the prophecy are as follows, right?

The Twins: Taako/Lup
The Lover: Barry Blue Jeans
The Protector: Magnus
The Lonely Journal Keeper: Lucretia
The Peacemaker: Merle
The Wordless One: Capt. Davenport (major dick move on Lucretia's part imo)

Also, Johan's last words :smith:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

for some reason i thought the adventure zone was still 1 week away...

taakos justification for going with the betrayal made me laugh.

"We didn't sign any contracts!"

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Mar 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

El Padrino posted:

So... The birds in the prophecy are as follows, right?

The Twins: Taako/Lup
The Lover: Barry Blue Jeans
The Protector: Magnus
The Lonely Journal Keeper: Lucretia
The Peacemaker: Merle
The Wordless One: Capt. Davenport (major dick move on Lucretia's part imo)

Also, Johan's last words :smith:

Following on from that, the relics probably correspond to these in particular:

Staff: The Director
Chalice: Magnus
Gauntlet: Lup
Sash: Merle
Stone: Taako (as much as I'd love the Taako Bell joke, the stone makes more sense for Taako)
Bell: Barry (Griffin's narration in the previous episode mentioned that Barry used to have a different method of coming back to life)
Oculus: Davenport (interesting to note that the oculus is the only relic we haven't seen used)