Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

:wow:

e: reposting at the top of new page for maximum lols

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/sean-spicer-health-bill-no-delay-236425

spicy sez no reason to believe AHCA vote will be postponed

edging so hard rn

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Remember when people thought Trump was good at making deals because he wrote a book where he said he was good at making deals?

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

XMNN posted:

he's a retard, London's attitude to terrorism is p much a product of the Irish* (and the nazis)

*Catholics not Muslims

stewart lee summed this up quite nicely i thought

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwkEEqXT3uQ

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Kumo posted:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/sean-spicer-health-bill-no-delay-236425

spicy sez no reason to believe AHCA vote will be postponed

edging so hard rn

Sitting on the terlet with poops plopin from my bhole.

I mean, same

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

https://twitter.com/funder/status/844722632377487360

Looks like old Spicey might be in a bit deeper than I thought

lol

Mr Havafap posted:

There's a cockroach in the White House, and he's brought all his little cockroach friends.

Lol!

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Remember when people thought Trump was good at making deals because he wrote a book where he said he was good at making deals?

Lol, considering he probably didn't write any of it, and certainly hasn't read it, I always wonder if any of his advisors try to trick him into agreeing with something by pretending the idea came from his book

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-essential-washington-updates-1490289183-htmlstory.html

yea they lolled and it was good.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Again, they're going through all of this just so the bill can die in the Senate. This apparently qualifies as a "win".

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

nooneofconsequence posted:

my two favorite post-election themes are Trump supporters getting deported and realizing they're on Obamacare.
They made sure that their own lives would be as miserable as possible because they despise people like themselves, but fail to realize it.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Knight posted:

They made sure that their own lives would be as miserable as possible because they despise people like themselves, but fail to realize it.

It's like a bunch of poor people are convinced there is this other class of "bad poors" who are living charmed lives and getting free candy in the mail from Obama paid for with their taxes. And they think the GOP is gonna stop the bad poors so that the good poors can finally thrive.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
lmao the vote just got delayed

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
the suspense is killing me

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Knight posted:

hot take

Mine is that it's fundamentally a failure to empathize with others suffering unless or until they are affected. On one level, completely selfish, but on a deeper level it's the lack of foresight & perspective that's encouraged by republican politicians.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
https://twitter.com/SteveKopack/status/844999226845265920

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
Non-rich republicans stand in line at Family Dollar and think "All of these people are loving scum."

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/845001568277745664

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
That's the closest he's ever gotten to working.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Tumble posted:

i agree; he's one hell of a wake-up call

and the best part is that he's doing it all by being a loving joke. imagine how much damage he'd be doing if he weren't an inept moron

Oh please. People said exactly the same thing about Bush Jr. Another incompetent, destructive Republican will be elected after the next two term democrat and this will continue to happen as long as every working and middle class American sees themselves as a temporarily embarrassed millionaire.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
you mean like in 2008 when a then-record voter turnout happened and we elected the hell out of Obama?

edit - though i do concede that voter percentage has dropped, i still think after Trump fucks up being president we'll have even more people coming out to correct it. it's an entirely different era now that literally everything the president does is being talked about online the instant it happens

Tumble fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Mar 23, 2017

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

lmfao our president is not just a babydick but an actual baby

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Tumble posted:

you mean like in 2008 when a then-record voter turnout happened and we elected the hell out of Obama?

No I mean when Obama lost the house and senate within a few years and Trump got elected. Americans have the memory of a goldfish.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Not heard, Trump going:

*vroom vrooom beep honk honk zooom vroooom

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

bag em and tag em posted:

It's like a bunch of poor people are convinced there is this other class of "bad poors" who are living charmed lives and getting free candy in the mail from Obama paid for with their taxes. And they think the GOP is gonna stop the bad poors so that the good poors can finally thrive.

This is basically what is happening in real time in Kansas.

Like some documentary interviewed this woman over there who lost her job and was having trouble either getting benefits or getting by on them. She said that it "wasn't fair how we have all THESE PEOPLE who have been getting free cars and phones and everything for YEARS but when I need a little help I can't get any!" Political propaganda had convinced her that the WELFARE STATE was giving all the lazy bums free rides and then when she finally had to call in some assistance for herself she basically couldn't any.

Unfortunately she drew the complete wrong conclusion because she is a very stupid woman from Kansas. A rational human being would think "huh, I've been hearing for years that welfare was a free ride but now that I'm trying to claim it, it seems to be woefully insufficient... MAYBE I'VE BEEN LIED TO". Instead she apparently believes that some bureaucrat somewhere puts all the applications from COOL BLACK THUG into a box labelled "FREE CARS AND STEAKS" while throwing all the applications from UPSTANDING WHITE CITIZEN into the trash.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Tumble posted:

lol he thinks he had a good point about insurance "choices" because "I'm pretty sure an older man knows he doesn't need maternity care"

That's why it's called family planning. Maternity care is subsidizing welfare Queens. Welcome back to the 90s

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
As a native kansan, kansas is a good piece of evidence that god probably hates how modern Christians are behaving and is actively punishing them

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

a clown boot, stamping on the face of mankind forever

*honk honk*

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

Chomp8645 posted:

This is basically what is happening in real time in Kansas.

Like some documentary interviewed this woman over there who lost her job and was having trouble either getting benefits or getting by on them. She said that it "wasn't fair how we have all THESE PEOPLE who have been getting free cars and phones and everything for YEARS but when I need a little help I can't get any!" Political propaganda had convinced her that the WELFARE STATE was giving all the lazy bums free rides and then when she finally had to call in some assistance for herself she basically couldn't any.

Unfortunately she drew the complete wrong conclusion because she is a very stupid woman from Kansas. A rational human being would think "huh, I've been hearing for years that welfare was a free ride but now that I'm trying to claim it, it seems to be woefully insufficient... MAYBE I'VE BEEN LIED TO". Instead she apparently believes that some bureaucrat somewhere puts all the applications from COOL BLACK THUG into a box labelled "FREE CARS AND STEAKS" while throwing all the applications from UPSTANDING WHITE CITIZEN into the trash.

Lmao how loving dumb can people be? FREE STUFF IS BAD. I WANT FREE STUFF! DON'T BE LAZY. GIMME MORE!!!

Why can't the news just run big bulletins clarifying these things? OBAMACARE IS A NAME GIVEN TO THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT. WITHOUT HEALTHCARE YOU DIE.

No, I know why we can't.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

it's a good thing instead of o'brien we have trump lol

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Cobweb Heart posted:

Why can't the news just run big bulletins clarifying these things? OBAMACARE IS A NAME GIVEN TO THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT. WITHOUT HEALTHCARE YOU DIE.

That's a good question.

Obviously Fox News has an interest in misinforming its viewers. But what's the "mainstream" media's excuse? A large percentage of their viewers do not understand basic facts and it should be their job to clarify these things.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol

https://twitter.com/RWPUSA/status/844760167845548032

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 23, 2017

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

I haven't read the article yet mind you but I lol'd heartily at the headline + sub header

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...r-a7644966.html

https://twitter.com/RWPUSA/status/844760167845548032

lol:

quote:

Spokespeople for Sputnik, RT and InfoWars have all vehemently denied links to Russia.

Sputnik was created by a Russian government agency and is literally based in Moscow. RT was also created by the Russian government and literally stand for "Russia Today". But yeah, no links to Russia.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

NotWearingPants posted:

Sputnik was created by a Russian government agency and is literally based in Moscow. RT was also created by the Russian government and literally stand for "Russia Today". But yeah, no links to Russia.

This just in: Russian media outlets "Minuteman Post" and "America Today" fervently deny any links to America.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Oh please. People said exactly the same thing about Bush Jr. Another incompetent, destructive Republican will be elected after the next two term democrat and this will continue to happen as long as every working and middle class American sees themselves as a temporarily embarrassed millionaire.

He didn't try to implement bans against outside nations because someone said it would be a good idea with the first few weeks without good reason.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Just enjoyed a sensible chuckle about Trump, the president of the USA :)

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Lol, Bannon is that dude in high school who bought the communist party to shirt and thinks Stalin "had a few good ideas"

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage
Dammit there's just too much going on, I want to savor the repeal of Muslim Ban II but then there's:

Trumk getting his fingers slapped by the FBI on the wiretap thing
Russian connection isn't just circumstantial
And now, when the GOP has a majority on all levels and have been waiting 7 years to finally kill Obamacare, and they can't even get it out of the house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Mr Havafap posted:

Dammit there's just too much going on, I want to savor the repeal of Muslim Ban II but then there's:

Trumk getting his fingers slapped by the FBI on the wiretap thing
Russian connection isn't just circumstantial
And now, when the GOP has a majority on all levels and have been waiting 7 years to finally kill Obamacare, and they can't even get it out of the house.

too many great great deals for this country being made loving MAGA bitch