Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Gayposters, is it at all offensive to have your sexual orientation compared to someone's vinyl kink?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Nah we're perfectly fine with a privileged straight guy calling himself queer the second it stopped being used in tandem with curbstomps

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/844763857419583490

:ussr:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I'm trying to figure out who would actually be labeled 'straight" by this dude, and all I can think of is characters in 50s sitcoms

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/Antipatriachy1

i honestly can't tell if this dude is troll or not. pretty sure he is. but loving poes law.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Teen arrested in Israel for threats against U.S. Jewish community centers

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2017/03/23/israeli-american-teen-jewish-community-center-threats-arrest/99528560/

The "OMG TRUMP IS SPAWNING A WAVE OF ANTI-SEMITISM!!" narrative continues to crumble, just like the Russia narrative.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

call to action posted:

Teen arrested in Israel for threats against U.S. Jewish community centers

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2017/03/23/israeli-american-teen-jewish-community-center-threats-arrest/99528560/

The "OMG TRUMP IS SPAWNING A WAVE OF ANTI-SEMITISM!!" narrative continues to crumble, just like the Russia narrative.

shut up idiot

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/heatstreet/status/845005866852061187

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Fiction posted:

shut up idiot

Does it bother you than an Israeli and a black guy are the only people that have been tied to these Jewish community center threats?

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

call to action posted:

Does it bother you than an Israeli and a black guy are the only people that have been tied to these Jewish community center threats?

it bothers me that you think the rise of anti-semitic neo-nazis emboldened by trump somehow isn't happening because some israeli teen decided that american jews don't hate arabs enough and decided to try to change that

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/Antipatriachy1

i honestly can't tell if this dude is troll or not. pretty sure he is. but loving poes law.

Thankfully I'm pretty confident it's a troll, this one kind of gave it away.

https://twitter.com/Antipatriachy1/status/843592771164356608

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Fiction posted:

it bothers me that you think the rise of anti-semitic neo-nazis emboldened by trump somehow isn't happening because some israeli teen decided that american jews don't hate arabs enough and decided to try to change that

It may be happening, just that the biggest example of this (threats against Jewish community centers) weren't perpetrated by white supremacists. I know it's a Clintonite's dream that all Trump voters are secretly Richard Spencer and that Jews will be bashed to further the narrative of Evil Rural Whites, but luckily that's showing itself not to be true.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

have u considered that it is u who are the fail aids

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

call to action posted:

It may be happening, just that the biggest example of this (threats against Jewish community centers) weren't perpetrated by white supremacists. I know it's a Clintonite's dream that all Trump voters are secretly Richard Spencer and that Jews will be bashed to further the narrative of Evil Rural Whites, but luckily that's showing itself not to be true.

It seems like for many journalists their main contact with conservatives is twitter so they stupidly assume that the average Trump voter browses /pol/ and posts rare pepes all day. Just like if you based your view of Republicans off of the internet in 2008 you'd think everyone supported Ron Paul.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

it bugs me that we can just bully game companies about people we dont like until they say "gently caress, they won't give us a break!" and drop them.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

mixed. jon is dumb gently caress with lovely ideas that he stupidly went public about in the worst way. and then sorta doubled down. if a company wants to toss his rear end because of it, i can believe that. that being said i do feel bad for him.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
I don't.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

spit on my clit posted:

it bugs me that we can just bully game companies about people we dont like until they say "gently caress, they won't give us a break!" and drop them.

:capitalism:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

fair enough!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

spit on my clit posted:

Yep, it creates a tyranny of the majority situation and we will lose a lot of cool games as long as giant publishers are the gate keepers of content. Steam has been good so far, but there are no guarantees they continue.

And yea, obviously that's capitalism and one of the many reasons it is bad.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Yep, it creates a tyranny of the majority situation and we will lose a lot of cool games as long as giant publishers are the gate keepers of content. Steam has been good so far, but there are no guarantees they continue.

oh yeah there's all these great and amazing games that get right up to the cusp of being made but then someone says "why are you racist" and then the game collapses

you're a loving idiot

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

owned

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

double owned :xd:

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007

mormonpartyboat posted:

oh yeah there's all these great and amazing games that get right up to the cusp of being made but then someone says "why are you racist" and then the game collapses

you're a loving idiot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Days_in_Fallujah

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
the way people shied away from my riveting and cutting edge video game when i announced the title as JEW-HATER 9000 is just further proof that capitalism is bad, rather than my own opinions, i posted on the internet like an utter imbecile

please feel sorry for me and my insanely lovely decisions :( :( :(

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

that looks like a terrible game and its probably a good thing it was shelved

they made the right choice

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Lastgirl posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561?lang=en

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl posted:

but it was being made by the same people responsible for such masterpieces as...uhhh

????

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mormonpartyboat posted:

but it was being made by the same people responsible for such masterpieces as...uhhh

????

and these nerds want to double down on six days in fallujah?

gently caress just neck myself fam

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
"this thing never happens!"

"yeah it does here's a link to the exact thing happening"

"well it was gonna suck anyway!!!"

nobody said it'd be good, just that the exact thing you said did indeed happen.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

spit on my clit posted:

nobody said it'd be good, just that the exact thing you said did indeed happen.

mormonpartyboat posted:

oh yeah there's all these great and amazing games

mormonpartyboat posted:

you're a loving idiot

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

the corncob, unable to insist any further, quotes himself repeatedly in an effort for redemption

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Because we live in a Just World, only 'bad' media get censored.

It is known!

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
What's the best game communism ever made? Tetris?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

spit on my clit posted:

the corncob, unable to insist any further, quotes himself repeatedly in an effort for redemption

im sensing some strong projection here, you're really flailing yourself over jon loving tron who is just another yt imbecile who and some low budget commercially abysmal video games that nobody will ever care about

i mean its your prerogative but...

i just wanted to point out at the triple irony here, you're just trying to pull us into the hole here

i mean i think its really funny, just not for the reasons you will see, probably ever.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

spit on my clit posted:

Ha ha I get it, its like the dril tweet, about being owned and turning into a corn cob

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Control Volume posted:

Ha ha I get it, its like the dril tweet, about being owned and turning into a corn cob

Yeah, I rely on that tweet too often. it's just so good, though!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
extremely dumb idiot, corn kernels spraying all over the keyboard and monitor with every keyboard click and clack, lithium addled heart barely able to pump enough blood to the stubby fingers: "being an insanely lovely bigot and pushing those lovely ideas through your game prevents it from being good"

not so much a poster as a greek god in the shape of an enlightened mortal who read a dril tweet once, forced to put on sunglasses as the radiance of the retort takes shape: "my man, what about JEW KILLER 9000, my flash game that was removed from newgrounds"

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007
i mean basically all politics can be handled with dril tweets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

mormonpartyboat posted:

extremely dumb idiot, corn kernels spraying all over the keyboard and monitor with every keyboard click and clack, lithium addled heart barely able to pump enough blood to the stubby fingers: "being an insanely lovely bigot and pushing those lovely ideas through your game prevents it from being good"

not so much a poster as a greek god in the shape of an enlightened mortal who read a dril tweet once, forced to put on sunglasses as the radiance of the retort takes shape: "my man, what about JEW KILLER 9000, my flash game that was removed from newgrounds"

whoa man calm down, it's just a video game.

• Locked thread