Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Vox Nihili posted:

DC "Distiller" Names Whiskey After Hillary Clinton

It's called Rodham Rye.

https://www.washingtonian.com/2017/03/22/dc-distiller-names-whiskey-after-hillary-clinton/

The whiskey itself is a blend of sourced one-year-old rye and three-and-a-half-year-old rye from Tennessee. (Tagline: “a selection of whiskies that are stronger together than apart.”) Carusone also points out that of all of the grains used to make whiskey, rye is the hardiest, sturdiest, most resilient of them all. (Do you sense a metaphor?) The result is a spirit with pink peppercorn spiciness, vanilla bean and kettle corn sweetness, and subtle cinnamon notes.

The distillers cut the whiskey to bottle strength using Adirondack Mountain spring water from a maple syrup farm in upstate new York that has been in Gardner’s family for generations. Another Clinton tie: “Senator from New York, she’s done a ton for conservation,” Carusone says.

Rodham Rye will launch on March 25 with a “community conversation” at the Ivy City distillery entitled “How to Support Women in the Age of Trump.” After a panel discussion, Republic Restoratives will lead tours and offer samples and cocktails, while female-owned vendors will provide food.

Five percent of proceeds from the $79 bottles will go to EMILY’s List, an organization that helps pro-choice Democratic women running for office. The limited release consists of 4,652 bottles, but Carusone says there’s a possibility they could make another batch.

“You never know, there could be a comeback.”

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

politicians like their rye how they like their lovers

Lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Mmmmm 1 year-old Jack Daniel distillery rye. Should go down about as smoothly as Hillary's candidacy.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vox Nihili posted:

Five percent of proceeds from the $79 bottles will go to EMILY’s List, an organization that helps pro-choice Democratic women running for office

What a stupid charity

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

:barf:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

What a stupid charity

yeah lol it's just a DNC fundraiser but only for women

and only five percent of proceeds!

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Ryein' Hillary.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dreddout posted:

I hope the sun goes supernova and puts our pathetic species out of it's loving misery

what's really excellent about the current descent into hell is that shreds and splinters of our species will likely survive for hundreds or thousands of years in the ruin the boomers have made of the world

cancer-ridden wretches spawning generation after generation of ever more twisted offspring among the bleached bones of an ancient and terrible civilization, it'll be pretty cool

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Is the irony in that L-MM clip that he's using the words of a Latino dude to rep a guy who has never done anything for minorities

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

zeal posted:

what's really excellent about the current descent into hell is that shreds and splinters of our species will likely survive for hundreds or thousands of years in the ruin the boomers have made of the world

cancer-ridden wretches spawning generation after generation of ever more twisted offspring among the bleached bones of an ancient and terrible civilization, it'll be pretty cool

I call dibs on Utah

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I don't understand what the dress has to do with women?

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Buca di Bepis posted:

I don't understand what the dress has to do with women?

You know how normal crosswalk symbols are guys because they all have giant flopping dicks? Well this is to balance it out (women belong in dresses see)

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

This dude really is the modern version of Mark Russell

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

I now understand why the terrorists hate us.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

:negative: it's not even a man it's a generic walking human silhouette

Syllables
Jul 2, 2011

XOF XOF XOF

:fag:

Defcon 1 Alert.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

politicians like their rye how they like their lovers

lmao

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

resar posted:

I now understand why the terrorists hate us.

the terrorists won

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Tiny Deer posted:

:negative: it's not even a man it's a generic walking human silhouette

Why do you hate women?

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/ForestWhitaker/status/845571062813392896

Is it bad I find this to be a useless gesture?

Wouldn't planting trees, or trying to encourage large corporations to stop being polluting shitheads be a better way to do this?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

FuzzySkinner posted:

Wouldn't planting trees, or trying to encourage large corporations to stop being polluting shitheads be a better way to do this?

Empty gestures are the opium of the masses.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

FuzzySkinner posted:

i mean you're right but that would cost important people money so start making GBS threads in a bag so you can compost it

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

FuzzySkinner posted:

It's way easier to just turn off the lights for an hour.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Business Gorillas posted:

i mean you're right but that would cost important people money so start making GBS threads in a bag so you can compost it

Honestly I think this is part of the reason why a lot of :911:-types are very much willing to deny climate change, and kinda give this finger to this crap.

The old "Al Gore's private jet" point kinda makes any sort of action to legitimately combat climate change ring hollow. When you're telling some guy who is struggling to put food on the table that it's "his fault" the environment is a mess, and not the company he's working for? There's gonna be some backlash.

Syllables
Jul 2, 2011

XOF XOF XOF

:fag:

FuzzySkinner posted:

that requires E F F O R T

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

withak posted:

It's way easier to just turn off the lights for an hour.

It's even easier to "like" the event where you turn off the lights for an hour, but have no intention of altering your schedule or life in any way.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

FuzzySkinner posted:

Honestly I think this is part of the reason why a lot of :911:-types are very much willing to deny climate change, and kinda give this finger to this crap.

The old "Al Gore's private jet" point kinda makes any sort of action to legitimately combat climate change ring hollow. When you're telling some guy who is struggling to put food on the table that it's "his fault" the environment is a mess, and not the company he's working for? There's gonna be some backlash.

definitely.

you can swap that out with pretty much any of their issues imo. its the same reason why concepts like white privilege are also met with such bitter derision

the life experience for these people is being on the brink of economic ruin, their towns decaying, their bills piling up, and their loved ones are dying from overdoses. now they're being told by urban professionals that they're "privileged"

if only there was some sort of term that would explain the massive resentment the rural poor has for the urban upper middle class

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Climate change isn't an individual problem, it's a problem that requires government intervention. Sure you can help a bit, but it is not up to the individual to "fix it." It's up to the government to force businesses/communites to enact policy that will fix it. The individuals must merely adapt.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Lol

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

It's even easier to "like" the event where you turn off the lights for an hour, but have no intention of altering your schedule or life in any way.

That was basically my plan.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Climate change isn't an individual problem, it's a problem that requires government intervention. Sure you can help a bit, but it is not up to the individual to "fix it." It's up to the government to force businesses/communites to enact policy that will fix it. The individuals must merely adapt.

Which is kinda my thought on the matter. I mean it's great to encourage people to think more "Green", but turning off the lights really does very little in this regard other than being meaningless gesture for people (read: Celebrities, The upper class) to feel better about themselves. Like they "did" something.

Plant a tree, Recycle, Find a lower emission vehicle...sure. Great things. But this is just stupid.

definitely.

you can swap that out with pretty much any of their issues imo. its the same reason why concepts like white privilege are also met with such bitter derision

the life experience for these people is being on the brink of economic ruin, their towns decaying, their bills piling up, and their loved ones are dying from overdoses. now they're being told by urban professionals that they're "privileged"

if only there was some sort of term that would explain the massive resentment the rural poor has for the urban upper middle class

It really is a culture war issue between neoconservatives (evangelicals) and neoliberals that we're all kinda forced to see play out. It seems sadly that this is the case across the board for every issue.

It's (sadly) successsfully used by both of these group of shitheads to divide the country and distract people while they steal from the poor to give to the rich.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Lol, shipping containers would rust and collapse within like 100 years, wouldnt they? Not exactly the great wall.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

got any sevens posted:

Lol, shipping containers would rust and collapse within like 100 years, wouldnt they? Not exactly the great wall.

So will the USA to be fair.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

loving Christ

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i'm the "sustainable functionality" of a non-dividing wall

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

The only solution to climate change that will ultimately make any difference IMO is punishing oil and energy execs. :thermidor:

definitely.

white privilege is 100% a perfect example of the "academia applied to real life" problem I talk about. I've talked to so many people about it who respond "WELL WHERE'S MY PORSCHE?" when they just hear that phrase, but when I explained what it actually meant, they totally understood and agreed

Lightning Lord has issued a correction as of 01:10 on Mar 26, 2017

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Eventually, everyone shifting the blame to those worse off while looking for easy solutions starts to sound like Ebenezer Scrooge saying orphans should die to decrease the surplus population.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The year 2017, everyone.