Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I've posted about it here and there, mostly in the discord, but as you perhaps know, I had a fun Japan adventure over the last week and a half! I did come cool stuff, saw some temples and poo poo, but lets get to what's really important: idols! On my first day there, there just happened to be a big ol' Love Live only doujin event, Bokura no Love Live 15. Yes, really, coincidence (though I certainly checked the dates I was going to be there for any good doujin events). It was awesome!

This is probably about a third of the space, something over 500 circles in all. Great atmosphere, everyone there to have a good time and buy/sell cute things.

I bought a lot of cute doujs! I managed to hit most of the circles I was interested in, though Mezashi sold out too quick :(. But! I got more than I expected, and more besides that I hadn't been looking for. I'll set aside for now the fact that I apparently missed several of the artists I follow because I didn't realize they were there because they didn't post about it on pixiv until the day prior :argh:

I wasn't terribly ambitious about conversing with folks, but I was able to make my way through basic "uh, I don't have a catalog, where should I be?" sorts of interactions, and I'm proud of myself. Heck, that applies to the whole trip, I was broadly able to understand folks, and was able to make myself understood when I needed to. Also I was able to navigate places and stores that weren't set up to handle foreigners, which was neat, and enabled me to find more cute doujs later.

I did various other things that aren't relevant here, but along the way I made a few stops by Akiba and Nakano Broadway, mostly with the friend I was visiting who doesn't know much Japanese and got bored when I was just sifting through doujs for too long, but on my last day (I guess that's still yesterday for me), after he had to report back to the ship, I stopped by Toranoana and Melonbooks for a few hours before my flight and properly looked through their doujinshi. Anyway, I bought a lot of stuff!

Lots of things for the Dia shrine, lots more doujs, and lots of other little things! I was originally happy with the first Sunshine shirt I bought, but then I found the previously-too-rich-for-my-blood Dia shirt for 40% off, and I couldn't resist getting it too. Final douj tally: 23 OG LL, only 5 of which aren't nicomaki; 15 Sunshine, across a variety of ships; 1 crossover RikoMaki; and 2 AnKira. I think I'm going to be purchasing a scanner soon.

Oh, also I visited Kanda Myojin!

Seriously this sounds and looks like so much fun. I remain thoroughly jealous of your excellent adventures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

wow most of the VAs in bang dream are purely bang dream, how will I know who to reroll for

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
A bunch of VAs are in the other bands though? Roselia has Tsubasa from Love Live, Afterglow has a bunch of veterans in general (lol, Yoko Hikasa (Mio) is in Afterglow, explaining why Don't Say Lazy is a Afterglow Song).

EDIT: Yeah, just pull for Afterglow.

EDIT: Oh, Uesaka Sumire (Anya) is in Pastel Palette.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Mar 22, 2017

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Allarion posted:

A bunch of VAs are in the other bands though? Roselia has Tsubasa from Love Live, Afterglow has a bunch of veterans in general (lol, Yoko Hikasa (Mio) is in Afterglow, explaining why Don't Say Lazy is a Afterglow Song).

EDIT: Yeah, just pull for Afterglow.

EDIT: Oh, Uesaka Sumire (Anya) is in Pastel Palette.

id originally only looked at the mal character pages that only had the basic team, sorrymasen

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Hello Happy World has Sapphire and Kumiko from Sound Euphonium. But yeah, for Poppin Party, it's mostly Saaya you want if you care about VAs.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i only have 1450 gems after the tutorial, do i really have to skip through a bunch of commus to get to 2500 or am i missing something here?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Yeah pretty much. You'll get gems from FC'd songs hard and above, the band and story commus, and each card has 2 commus in it too that'll give you gems and a slight stat boost. Daily gems haven't been bad so far, and you missed the twins' birthday a few days ago, but we'll see how daily bonuses work out in the long run.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

more support for hello happy world being best band

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Futaba Anzu posted:

id originally only looked at the mal character pages that only had the basic team, sorrymasen

Please edit this to say gomennasorry instead thank you in advance

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

graybook posted:

Please edit this to say gomennasorry instead thank you in advance

Arigathanks gosaimuch

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Super No Vacancy posted:

more support for hello happy world misaki being best band

that's better.

Futaba Anzu posted:

i only have 1450 gems after the tutorial, do i really have to skip through a bunch of commus to get to 2500 or am i missing something here?

welcum 2 hel

Futaba Anzu posted:

wow most of the VAs in bang dream are purely bang dream, how will I know who to reroll for

i'd say pick the cutest but there's no rerolling? it gives you [terrible] versions of everyone~

seriously they're all 'small score up' that skill isn't even enough to let you get a B score.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I've posted about it here and there, mostly in the discord, but as you perhaps know, I had a fun Japan adventure over the last week and a half! I did come cool stuff, saw some temples and poo poo, but lets get to what's really important: idols! On my first day there, there just happened to be a big ol' Love Live only doujin event, Bokura no Love Live 15. Yes, really, coincidence (though I certainly checked the dates I was going to be there for any good doujin events). It was awesome!

This is probably about a third of the space, something over 500 circles in all. Great atmosphere, everyone there to have a good time and buy/sell cute things.

I bought a lot of cute doujs! I managed to hit most of the circles I was interested in, though Mezashi sold out too quick :(. But! I got more than I expected, and more besides that I hadn't been looking for. I'll set aside for now the fact that I apparently missed several of the artists I follow because I didn't realize they were there because they didn't post about it on pixiv until the day prior :argh:

I wasn't terribly ambitious about conversing with folks, but I was able to make my way through basic "uh, I don't have a catalog, where should I be?" sorts of interactions, and I'm proud of myself. Heck, that applies to the whole trip, I was broadly able to understand folks, and was able to make myself understood when I needed to. Also I was able to navigate places and stores that weren't set up to handle foreigners, which was neat, and enabled me to find more cute doujs later.

I did various other things that aren't relevant here, but along the way I made a few stops by Akiba and Nakano Broadway, mostly with the friend I was visiting who doesn't know much Japanese and got bored when I was just sifting through doujs for too long, but on my last day (I guess that's still yesterday for me), after he had to report back to the ship, I stopped by Toranoana and Melonbooks for a few hours before my flight and properly looked through their doujinshi. Anyway, I bought a lot of stuff!

Lots of things for the Dia shrine, lots more doujs, and lots of other little things! I was originally happy with the first Sunshine shirt I bought, but then I found the previously-too-rich-for-my-blood Dia shirt for 40% off, and I couldn't resist getting it too. Final douj tally: 23 OG LL, only 5 of which aren't nicomaki; 15 Sunshine, across a variety of ships; 1 crossover RikoMaki; and 2 AnKira. I think I'm going to be purchasing a scanner soon.

Oh, also I visited Kanda Myojin!

Nice! One day I will get some LL shirts and a YOU hat. Did you already have a YOU hat or were you not able to find any? The YOU hat is ridiculously good and simple

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Livin' the BanG Dream.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Yeah same.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Multiplayer might finally be stable too? Also there's a 1000 free compensation gems sitting in everyone's boxes so everyone should have enough or almost enough to do their 10- rolls now. The box isn't marked for whatever reason.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Allarion posted:

Multiplayer might finally be stable too? Also there's a 1000 free compensation gems sitting in everyone's boxes so everyone should have enough or almost enough to do their 10- rolls now. The box isn't marked for whatever reason.

I noticed yesterday when I got my login bonus that the box said '2' even though it turned out it had the day before's still in it too, I guess that's going to be another of those minor issues. I'm not sure why they even bother having a present box when everything is automatically collected, except the login bonus, and I guess special giveaways like this.

I have to update the app before I can do anything now but I'll see how multiplayer is later.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

The item box is sorta broken, in that sometimes it also doesn't bother showing the ② when there's anything in it.

Anyway I messed around with the multiplayer last night, it now a) works, b) is really damned quick, and c) has even more stickers!

Well, it still timed out and broke once at the results screen, but that's better than before. Oh, also as a caveat, every time you play in single player, it sets the band you use as your main band, so your center from that band will be the character you use online unless you go and re-set the main band. But hey, at least everyone in your band gets XP at the end, it seems.

I also got a shiny 4star rimi, but now I'm torn because having a healer is pretty useful, and you can't have two of the same person in a band, because that's silly. But on the other hand I looked and I have like a million tickets, so at least leveling things up can go quickly.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Hmm, kind of unexciting compared to my first draw. Not sure how long another 1500 is going to take me.

But yeah, at least multiplayer works now, mostly.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I will renounce this game if I don't get a 4-star in my next 10 draw!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

Hmm, kind of unexciting compared to my first draw. Not sure how long another 1500 is going to take me.

But yeah, at least multiplayer works now, mostly.

lmao like i waited till i had 2500

I get why they do it, but I wish premium gachas worked the way the regular friend point gachas do, where if you only have enough for 7 draws, you can just do 7 draws.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Chill la Chill posted:

Nice! One day I will get some LL shirts and a YOU hat. Did you already have a YOU hat or were you not able to find any? The YOU hat is ridiculously good and simple

I didn't see any YOU hats, actually. I wouldn't get one anyway, since I'm not a hat guy, but still, they seem as you say, really good and simple.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I didn't see any YOU hats, actually. I wouldn't get one anyway, since I'm not a hat guy, but still, they seem as you say, really good and simple.

I don't think you'll find any YOU hats in reputable shops. They're being sold on the official online store. You'd probably have to hunt for a bootleg version. Alternatively, it's such a simple design, you could probably get a YOU hat made stateside cheaper than buying it in Japan.

Commercial for You's biirthday set.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z15uEOewXuo

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
what a silly commercial

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
oh it's 5000¥ this isn't funny anymore

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

i disagree

thats super funny

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

If it wasn't so expensive, I'd get the Yohane birthday set. But :lol: at those prices. I've heard about YOU hats in a conventions before but they go away quick. As long as it looks like the ~official anime art hat~, it's fine. Don't care about bootlegs. If you guys have links, I want it.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
pick up a bootleg hat but it says IKAW

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

fuuuuuuuuuuuuck I lost my LLSIF EN account and they're not gonna give it back because I forgot the 9-digit nuclear launch code account ID

Seriously, KLab, it's not 1986 anymore, you should have an account system that's even a little bit more complex than "NES level passwords"

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Do you have anyone in this thread on your friends list? Maybe they can retrieve the code for you.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

It's Yayoi's birthday, and that guy who makes those gifs has a cute 3-minute video for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB_7_-7roRU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Trihugger posted:

Do you have anyone in this thread on your friends list? Maybe they can retrieve the code for you.

Donno if having an account number'll help, unless klab's feeling helpful. I feel like maybe they could be persuaded to help you if you don't have the transfer key, but I might be thinking of a different game.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it was Klab that a year or so ago had a series of news posts saying "seriously like a million people are asking for help transferring their accounts, loving use the passcode." So uh, maybe if you shoot them an email they'll be willing to help?

Polsy posted:

It's Yayoi's birthday, and that guy who makes those gifs has a cute 3-minute video for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB_7_-7roRU

Gifs? The art looks a lot like some particularly nuts yayoi doujins I've seen, though. Either way, that sure is cute, except what the hell is that song title lol

Here's a "good effort" kabedon. Y'all like them kabedons right

https://twitter.com/amaaaaaaa_/status/845001290128093184

e. Oh yeah also there's an event in bang dream now. I kinda like that you only get event points if you have fires, that's a reasonable enough compromise, I guess. The bonus point thing is kinda weird though. There's a bonus attribute and also bonus characters, who give different values of bonus?
Also hi 1pt "score bonus" lol. Maybe once I level up these not-1-star people or stop sucking I will be able to touch a B.
…I wonder if you get event points for multiplayer, too?

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Mar 25, 2017

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Getting more ambitious every year

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=49456613

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=55991330

Zenostein posted:

Here's a "good effort" kabedon. Y'all like them kabedons right

Yeah, nice try

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Triggerhappypilot posted:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuck I lost my LLSIF EN account and they're not gonna give it back because I forgot the 9-digit nuclear launch code account ID

Seriously, KLab, it's not 1986 anymore, you should have an account system that's even a little bit more complex than "NES level passwords"

That sucks, friend :( :( :(

I know some have had luck with emailing them, providing proof that the account is theirs: receipts from gem purchases, screenshots of their roster, etc. Although, as Zeno said, they did issue an announcement a while back saying they were going to be less forgiving about such things. Good luck!

please, everyone, :siren:LINK YOUR ACCOUNT TO YOUR PLAY ACCOUNT or whatever app store account iphones have:siren:

and go ahead and update transfer codes too, why not

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

there's no good way to backup a bang dream acct on ios right now huh

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

The worst part about bang dream's account system is that the user-name it autogenerates uses mixed-case "i" and "l"s.

I would not have known this, except I copied it into a program that uses a fixed-width typeface.

So uh yeah, when it autogenerates a username, actually use the copy button, don't just take a screenshot~

IDOLA
Sep 17, 2005

:-)
Hey is this the thread where I can say that the current Cinderella Girls event song is hella good and got me to reinstall after 6 months away?

Its very good.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes and welcome to the idol thread, poster with idol in the name.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Even though they fixed multiplayer, sometimes it still gets pretty hosed. Although I think this first one might fall into the same category as the various song select fuckups
the only functional bit there is the sliver of song select on the right
good work team~

Anyway, it's totally worth doing netplay for the event, just look at that nice, decent score bonus you get! The per-song rewards still go on your individual score for the song, but for the event point score bonus it uses the combined total.

Also for the great names

I especially like how this guy managed a hat trick

Also, leveling up the event Syouko is hilarious because she looks so loving weird when you take out Mirei and Nono hanging on her.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Even though they fixed multiplayer, sometimes it still gets pretty hosed. Although I think this first one might fall into the same category as the various song select fuckups
the only functional bit there is the sliver of song select on the right
good work team~

Yeah, I haven't managed that first one yet, that's kind of impressive. I did get the second one, but not with a full team, just one person, the full combo caught my eye then I thought 'wait a minute...'

It's pretty obviously not worth playing single player event point-wise so I'm glad they got the multiplayer fixed before the event started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah, sometimes when someone drops the game doesn't actually manage to return to the lobby select screen. Usually it just hangs, that time I guess someone dropped as the song select was sliding in.

Incidentally, I forgot about "new game first event" hell. I looked at my rank and was very sad.

Oh also in case you've somehow managed not to, dying in multiplay just stops your score from going up any further or something. Which is great, because you'll probably miss a bunch more notes trying to figure out what the hell that tiny pulsing text in the corner says.

Well, it's fine none of my 3-stars are evolved/max leveled, so I'm not contributing that much anyway. Even with a fc on hard, someone else'll have double my score at the same difficulty…