Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Oda invents: rupert murdoch, but a bird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
The fact that sometimes when pirates like Luffy help people and nations never gets brought up in any newspaper makes sense if you think that the company is in the World Goverment payroll so yeah no suprise the boss of that might be evil.

In conclusion I can't wait for Luffy to crush that guy and Moria will become the big and fair news guy and the News King.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Dogtooth is a super cool name

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

IceBorg posted:

The fact that sometimes when pirates like Luffy help people and nations never gets brought up in any newspaper makes sense if you think that the company is in the World Goverment payroll so yeah no suprise the boss of that might be evil.

In conclusion I can't wait for Luffy to crush that guy and Moria will become the big and fair news guy and the News King.

The strawhats later find out that Brook has been writing a gag a day strip for it.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

oddium posted:

i can't answer that personally but i will say this to any trolls who think they're welcome here:

fight me

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

you are no troll

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Darth Walrus posted:

He murders people with jelly beans. That gives him pretty much the same weird-to-cool ratio as Rob Lucci, and more than, say, Mihawk or Crocodile ever got.

He's also at least partially a tribute to a character who started off mostly serious and grew into part 3 joseph...

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

I gotta hand it to Bege, it take balls to try and pull off an assassination with a guy like Mr. Potato Head around.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

he outright says he's an ally of the germa who are bad dudes + whoever greets the group refers to them as emperors of the underworld, not emperors of the underworld and also morgans

I took that as a quip about the Sora, Warrior of the Sea comic, rather than an actual connection between him and Germa.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

You could just translate it to Starch rather than putting Potato in front. Give him a cool first name and it's almost badass, liked Stark.

But not quite, because it's One Piece.

Edit: Also the Germa aren't bad guys in the eyes of the government yet, not until after the wedding.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
i hope jinbe dies and its cool, and i also hope he doesn't die. in summary, one piece is a manga of many contrasts

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

jinbei is gonna die doing something hella important and it will be way more badass than if he'd become a strawhat

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

jinbei is going to die protecting luffy from big mom, which will inspire carrot to join

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Jimbei's gonna survive and his desire to be a martyr will be a running joke as Luffy constantly screws up his heroic sacrifices

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Jinbe will live and then he'll be my best friend

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
jinbei will have a scene where by all accounts he should die, and everyone says and thinks he is dead, but then hes not.

tbp fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Mar 24, 2017

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you can only die in one piece if you're in whitebeard's crew or in a flashback, so jimbei will be fine

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Jinbei will end up locked in eternal battle against Kaido, both of them unable to die

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Brother Entropy posted:

jinbei is gonna die doing something hella important and it will be way more badass than if he'd become a strawhat

What if he dies after becoming a strawhat though?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

jinbei: i will die for strawhat Luffy... !!
other guy: jinbei, we will see each other again, alive do-n~

three months from now when jinbei dies

check out chapter 860... oda does it again

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I like One Piece, but 3 months is absurdly optimistic.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

What if he dies after becoming a strawhat though?

as long as my lust for fishman death is sated

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
You should all feel bad for so underestimating Dr. Chopper. It's also quite meant to think he's so far away from his dream of being able to cure everything.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Jinbei will die and then Moria will show up and make him a shadow

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Rangpur posted:

I like One Piece, but 3 months is absurdly optimistic.

if it were up to me it would be 12 months before we say goodbye. but it's like a bandaid i suppose....

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

I love that he implication is that an giant evil bird in s top hat controls all the news coos

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I feel like Dogtooth is from the manga that Trafalgar thought he was living in before he allied with Luffy.

Also, Dogtooth is going to kill Jinbei.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Dogtooth will be about to kill Jinbei when he's called out by a man with the Pillar-Pillar fruit. A Pillar Man, if you will.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
jinbei might die near the end of the manga when FI is getting blown to smithereens but we just spent the entire arc seeing his interactions and quirks with crewmembers and for the love of god he spent a quarter of the chapter talking about how hes gonna be a strawhat leave jinbei alone

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Wanna see him try and snipe Luffy or Chopper and they just eat the deadly jellybean instead.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Dogtooth: Your next words will be "I'm gonna ne king of the pirates!"

Luffy: I'm gonna be ki- !.. No-niiiiii

To be continued on D.o D.o's Bizarre Adventure

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

You thought it was Big Mama, but it was me, D.O!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Jinbei is going to go on an adventure with the smiling whale sharks

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

So is doggos power being just enel but better

I really want him to fight Usopp.
And usopp to be so crafty he eventually sees he has no way forward except into all the traps usopp has been seeding the battlefield with

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

usopp and dogtooth are going to get into a chapter long sniper fight of one upping the next move but at the end it turns out they haven't done anything yet

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

drjuggalo posted:

jinbei might die near the end of the manga when FI is getting blown to smithereens but we just spent the entire arc seeing his interactions and quirks with crewmembers and for the love of god he spent a quarter of the chapter talking about how hes gonna be a strawhat leave jinbei alone

this is why he's gonna die btw

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Remember when everybody thought Usopp would fight Vander Decken

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Jimbei will die when Big Mom eats him and pulls out his skeleton to a comical xylophone scale like Healthcliff.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

oddium posted:

usopp and dogtooth are going to get into a chapter long sniper fight of one upping the next move but at the end it turns out they haven't done anything yet

It's happening next chapter and we'll also get a check in with Zoro and the rest of the guys hanging out with Marco. Spandam will randomly get hit in a side panel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Millions posted:

Remember when everybody thought Usopp would fight Vander Decken

that would have been a really cool fight though...