Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I kind of want to see Mega Charizard X or Mega Garchomp something similarly edgy looking doing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcoIPizd-TE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

mandatory lesbian posted:

yeah kinda, tho team skull literally took over a town and that's a bit more then just being some delinquents imo

Technically, the town they "took over" was essentially the slums of Hawaii.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

mandatory lesbian posted:

yeah kinda, tho team skull literally took over a town and that's a bit more then just being some delinquents imo

I thought Po Town was already basically abandoned or something.

They still kidnap pokemon from small children though, which ain't great.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Po Town is the way it is because of Team Skull. They did run everyone out of town, but as it turns out, they're all youths with no future and hope and the town is a gigantic poo poo hole now that barely has power and is utterly trashed. It's legitimately very depressing to wander through, because no one in Team Skull has hope for themselves, they're simply living day to day. This is also why Skull is the best Team, because they're entirely new, hilarious and yet somehow completely depressing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

At least they have a nice Pokken setup.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Too late, your Fomantis has picked up your bad habits & attitude.

Fomantis is the best. :kimchi:

It's the first grass type I've ever voluntarily used for more than a single gym.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Can we just agree that Ghost type is the best type.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Gridlocked posted:

That's a funny way to spell "Bug."

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
You both typo'd "Ice" pretty badly there!

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Gridlocked posted:

I'd argue that it's normal, but I feel like we'd just be talking past each other.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dragonatrix posted:

You both typo'd "Ice" pretty badly there!

in that case they also typo'd "worst"

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Ice has the glorious position of having the only moves that could actually hurt dragons a lot in gen 1

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Mewtwo is the best pokemon so obviously psychic is the best type.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

suicidesteve posted:

Mewtwo is the best pokemon so obviously psychic is the best type.

Same, but Espeon. That little fucker carried me through the Red battle.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

turn off the TV posted:

Same, but Espeon. That little fucker carried me through the Red battle.

:same:

Psychic is the best type and Espeon is real, strong, and my friend. :colbert:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
It's clearly nuclear.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

It's clearly nukular.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

It's clearly nuclear.

That symbol has nothing to do with radioactivity, does it?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

SSNeoman posted:

Biological hazard

What design it should have:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

SSNeoman posted:

It's the biohazard symbol, so nope.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Sorry yall but Ghosts are the best. They are spooky as gently caress and have sweet sprites 100% of the time.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

It's clearly nuclear.

aw, come the gently caress on.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

On the other hand, Arbok is a biohazard anyway.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Ok just gonna float these two questions:

a) There is a PC/Mac program that does pokemon battles complete with all the EV/IV/Whatever bullshit that the games do simulated down to the last detail for the most part right? With out being a virus ofc.

b) float: Let's Play Pokemon Goon Tournament.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

What gets me about this isn't the biohazard symbol. No, it's the pupils. They're rolling back into its head like its Vince McMahon in that eye-roll gif

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Gridlocked posted:

a) There is a PC/Mac program that does pokemon battles complete with all the EV/IV/Whatever bullshit that the games do simulated down to the last detail for the most part right? With out being a virus ofc.

You might wanna throw that post up in the actual Pokemon Megathread. Regardless, you're thinking of Pokemon Showdown.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I like fairy types.:kiddo:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Holy poo poo.

Please, Nintendo, at least let them finish before you drop a C&D.

Gridlocked posted:

Yeah, it's Pokemon Showdown.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Trick Question posted:

I'd argue that it's normal, but I feel like we'd just be talking past each other.

I will say it - I nearly choked reading this - good one.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Nuclear arbok is one of the few good things about this game. :colbert:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

SirSamVimes posted:

Biohazard arbok is one of the few good things about this game. :colbert:

But yes, 'tis.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

I'm okay with this.

Also, I'm still mad that we still don't have alternate forms for Arbok based on those six patterns. :argh:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Thinking about possible ways to make Nuclear Pokemon interesting without a cop-out like "weak to but strong against everything". Obviously, make it a type with good offensive and poor defensive capabilities, but something else besides "is always rebellious".

The first idea that came to mind is something like an inherent Life Orb effect? 30% power boost, but loses a flat 10% of its HP every time it uses a damage-dealing move. Of course, that would turn anything with Sheer Force with a Life Orb into an unstoppable shitwrecker.

Edit The loss of the old secondary typing at least softens the blow on a lot of theoretical options. Nidoking, in particular, would suffer a big loss in reliability from losing STAB on Earth Power.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Mar 24, 2017

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Thinking about possible ways to make Nuclear Pokemon interesting without a cop-out like "weak to but strong against everything". Obviously, make it a type with good offensive and poor defensive capabilities, but something else besides "is always rebellious".

The first idea that came to mind is something like an inherent Life Orb effect? 30% power boost, but loses a flat 10% of its HP every time it uses a damage-dealing move. Of course, that would turn anything with Sheer Force with a Life Orb into an unstoppable shitwrecker.

Edit The loss of the old secondary typing at least softens the blow on a lot of theoretical options. Nidoking, in particular, would suffer a big loss in reliability from losing STAB on Earth Power.

Nuclear pokemon start out with a ton of weaknesses, but by default have 'Adaptive Radiation' which for the rest of the battle reduces super effective moves to normal effectiveness if you survive them. Like a nuclear/psychic would take 4x from the first bug type move, 2x from the next, then 1x from the third.

(Nuclear obviously is weak to bug type because cockroaches)

Classy Hydra
Oct 30, 2011

You did wrong, Jack,
rest your soul.

PMush Perfect posted:

In theory, if I was trying to rework the concept into something actually interesting and fun, the idea would be to make them riskier and harder to use than average, but potentially more rewarding than sticking with regular pokes. It's a hard balancing act, especially considering the hack's already assuming a fairly high level of competency, which actually gives us less room for design space.

As far as limitations go, I'd suggest making it so nuclear pokemon can't have items used on them in battle. That's a limitation that is manageable for experienced players, teachable for less experienced players, and inherently reduces the longevity of Nuclear pokemon on the field without forcing them to be glass cannons with a crappy typing.

I'd have to think about it a little more to come up with an interesting inherent advantage they could have beyond 'super effective on everything'.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

Classy Hydra posted:

In theory, if I was trying to rework the concept into something actually interesting and fun, the idea would be to make them riskier and harder to use than average, but potentially more rewarding than sticking with regular pokes. It's a hard balancing act, especially considering the hack's already assuming a fairly high level of competency, which actually gives us less room for design space.

As far as limitations go, I'd suggest making it so nuclear pokemon can't have items used on them in battle. That's a limitation that is manageable for experienced players, teachable for less experienced players, and inherently reduces the longevity of Nuclear pokemon on the field without forcing them to be glass cannons with a crappy typing.

I'd have to think about it a little more to come up with an interesting inherent advantage they could have beyond 'super effective on everything'.

A special "radiation" status effect that makes every subsequent move deal a little more bonus damage - possibly with a stacking attack/s.attack debuff. Makes them into terrifying wallbreakers.

Alex0080
May 3, 2013
My MSPaint homage to all of the Fakemon posted in this thread that wanted to be Digimon.

Digital Hazard Nuclear Arbok

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
DORUbok?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm catching up in the thread and I just wanna pause and say

OH gently caress WE JUST GOT BAZINGA'D

gently caress this romhack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Classy Hydra
Oct 30, 2011

You did wrong, Jack,
rest your soul.

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

A special "radiation" status effect that makes every subsequent move deal a little more bonus damage - possibly with a stacking attack/s.attack debuff. Makes them into terrifying wallbreakers.

I was actually considering if it might be interesting for Nuclear pokemon to come parceled with an uncureable, constant status effect that grants them whatever special traits they have, in addition to occupying that slot so they can't be paralyzed, poisoned, burned or put to sleep. Being immune to being status crippled would complement their reduced durability and increase their consistency, without directly increasing their power. Nonvolatile statuses are already rather powerful in pokemon, so the balance isn't thrown out of wack by giving the player more ways to deal with them.

EDIT:

Alex0080 posted:

My MSPaint homage to all of the Fakemon posted in this thread that wanted to be Digimon.

Digital Hazard Nuclear Arbok

Thank you

• Locked thread