Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
The common weapons were always a bit sucky. I'm happy one of the is actually good this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Nechronic posted:

I think everyone should aim for getting a Charger X since it's apparently the only decent common gun.

The Viper is super decent on an Infltrator.

So I went and set up a custom button assignment like I posted earlier, and if you're on PS4 I highly recommend:

- Swap L3 and Square. Seriously, it works so much better when things get frantic. For me at least, it's way easier to hit Square to start running.
- Oldschool ME3MP controls. Only if you're used to the old way, swap the trigger buttons. Makes the Mattock actually usable in this!

Splurged on a Specter pack and got the Venom. :geno: I think I'll stick to maxing out some good Uncommons first.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

katkillad2 posted:

Are they supposed to be able to teleport around? Everytime I see a Fiend they do it, it looks unnatural considering their size. Two or three times now I'll see one in the distance and think I'm safe, then without warning I'm grabbed and dead.

I don't think it's my connection or the hosts, because every other enemy is moving around normal.

The netcode in general is really fucky and sometimes behaves as if you got a lag spike, but for a single enemy all by itself. For example in a very low-lag game I was waiting for an adhi to jump up to where I was. Instead of jumping it instantly teleported right next to me already halfway through its attack animation, unavoidably hitting me. Better hope it doesn't do that with a sync kill enemy!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Avenger + Charger VII = hilarity. Could really use that Juggernaut shield and some more grenade charges though.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

There are some glitches (like the jetpack hop) that can ruin your game. I think I'll start making a list of known glitches. Hit me with what you got.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
So I've got a human soldier to 20 and an asari adept to 15 so far and I think a big issue I'm having with the game is progression from bronze to silver just seems so brutal. It feels like unless I'm playing with a competent group I'll be stuck in bronze hell forever.

Speaking of the asari adept, I don't have all my points yet in barrier but it feels like the annihilation/lance shennanigans is kind of inconsistent? Sometimes lance will take like 20% of my shields on a kill and other times it will take like 35% on a kill like maybe the shield restore on kill trigger happens before lance consumes part of the shield? I don't know what's up, but it's definitely not the same every time and I've been watching carefully to make sure I'm not taking extra damage.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Mar 24, 2017

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

katkillad2 posted:

So I've got a human soldier to 20 and an asari adept to 15 so far and I think a big issue I'm having with the game is progression from bronze to silver just seems so brutal. It feels like unless I'm playing with a competent group I'll be stuck in bronze hell forever.

This was just as true in ME3, though.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I maxed out everything on common, and I definitely think this is the way to go. I have 5 of every consumable per match, the ability to use 5 of each every match and still come out ahead, and a ton of free character respecs. Been running gold with some pro goons on PC, and it's super nice to just throw cobras around like candy.

Edit: Don't be the guy in every pubbie match who doesn't use a single consumable.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

TastyLemonDrops posted:

I maxed out everything on common, and I definitely think this is the way to go. I have 5 of every consumable per match, the ability to use 5 of each every match and still come out ahead, and a ton of free character respecs. Been running gold with some pro goons on PC, and it's super nice to just throw cobras around like candy.

Edit: Don't be the guy in every pubbie match who doesn't use a single consumable.

Do you have a vague idea how long or how many credits it took for you to max out all the commons?

I'm doing that right now, mainly cause I've got a Krogan Merc at lvl 15 with a Revenant and I'm comfortable doing Bronze missions.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
This corner makes my framerate drop a lot
http://i.imgur.com/aaAAyJN.gifv

The host said I sucked but I think it was his internet :smith:
http://i.imgur.com/tEliF5c.gifv

and I wish I got a better shot of this
http://i.imgur.com/XMjnhXy.gifv

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Do you have a vague idea how long or how many credits it took for you to max out all the commons?

I'm doing that right now, mainly cause I've got a Krogan Merc at lvl 15 with a Revenant and I'm comfortable doing Bronze missions.

It's gonna take forever if all you're doing is bronze, as it gives 10k credits. Silver gives 25k and Gold gives 55k, and this is assuming that everybody extracts. Most of my runs were silver, and the home stretch was 5 gold complete or near complete extractions. I'm not sure how many matches it took, but I can tell you right now that I have an asari adept at level 20 and a human infiltrator at level 16, and an asari sentinel at level 4. I've also used a lot of experience boosters, so the levels should be lower if you intend on doing the same without. I've only played a few matches with the asari adept at 20, so it shouldn't be a huge deal. I've touched no other classes. I'd say once you get a class to X, you should be comfortable running gold with it at like level 10, probably a bit lower depending on your teammates.

If you're on PC, you should hop on the discord server. There's at least a few goons running gold now. I'm TastyLemonDrops on Origin if you wanna add me too.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh neat I earned a nameplate already. PSA that you gotta go into Collection and then select the nameplate to Equip it and let pubbies know that you're not a scrub

Been using asari adept a lot and just, lol at how much damage she outputs, definitely a class you can jump right into Silver at like level 5, probably do Gold at 10 as long as you prioritize survival and used Shield boosters.

I got the Not Javelin (Ishakot or w/e), at level I a body shot will only take half health off a mook and a headshot won't even take down a Shielded dude so it's probs not worth using outside Bronze until you get it up a few levels, but I can see it being potentially hilarious and awesome on an Inf

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Guns are a trap on the infiltrator. Sticky grenades are the loving best. They cause people to do an 'oh poo poo, a bomb's on me' dance if you hit them with it, which is useful for a getaway, and they do so much damage.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Can Infiltrators still get away with "use power and also shoot" and get the cloak damage bonus for both? I have Salarian Operative so I guess I should play around with him some more, but the vastly increased mobility in this one is making all my old Infiltrator tactics kinda obsolete

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

So, once you get all the common weapons to 10, that drop slot changes to weapon mods. I played a bunch of silver and a gold with goons this afternoon, dropped it all into basics. Before I finished leveling the weapons, my mods were mostly level 1 with a few level 2s, now I have a bunch at 4+

If I remember, ME3's loot boxes had a weird priority system, so for a basic box you always get 3 pieces of equipment/boosters, 1 guaranteed spot that rolled either a common weapon or a common character, and one spot that was anything from Uncommon Weapon or Character down to a piece of equipment. It also wouldn't ever duplicate a category, so you could get a Common Weapon and an Uncommon Weapon, or a common character or an uncommon character, but not two common weapons.

If I had to guess, I'd assume that weapon mods exist in that last spot, and maxing them out just pulls that roll out. And since the first slot is always a common character, the chance to roll Weapon Mod skyrockets.

Blitzing through buying common boxes seems to be the way to go, boring as it is.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It might even be most efficient to buy Basic boxes until you have most Commons maxed plus the random Uncommons you picked up along the way, then just go straight to buying Expert boxes since those always have like 3 Uncommons so it's more efficient than Advanced boxes.

I'm not math wizard though and of course we don't know a lot of the math involved on their end.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think I've spent more time lobby hopping than playing, loving hosts idling in open lobbies.

Some things truly never change.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Alteisen posted:

I think I've spent more time lobby hopping than playing, loving hosts idling in open lobbies.

Some things truly never change.

Had two games where the host hits ready then goes off to take a poo poo or whatever and leaves us 3v all match.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Gamesguy posted:

How are you supposed to use the venom shotgun/grenade launcher? The grenades bounce all over the place.

They also explode on impact if it directly hits an enemy. Either angle the bounce properly, or aim for bigger targets.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Could really use some friends to help me get a strike team mission done so I can get that tutorial pack. I'd move on but I feel like it's tainting me.

Add me on PSN: "literallygary"

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

So if i wanna play these strike missions, can i pub them at all? Hosting a match with it on no one seems to ever come in

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Some of the guns need some serious balancing, its kind of hosed up just how drat bad some of them are.

And they need a serious work-around with their audio, enemies are just to goddamn quiet, I just got munched on by a fiend cause I was to busy dealing with other poo poo and they just give no indication, you'd think a big hulking stone thing would make more noise.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

One of the AVP upgrades you can get in single player is a bonus to credits earned from APEX missions. Does that just apply to Strike Team rewards or can that also help get faster crates in multi?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Is there any tactical advantage of fighting on the rooftops, other than stalling on the extraction round, or is this just another annoying thing pubbies do? I guess maybe it's good for snipers, but feels like it just makes everything take longer when you've got enemies jumping up and down all over the place.

Do any of you that are doing silver/gold stream or does anyone know any good players who stream on twitch? Haven't found anyone solid yet to view.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

katkillad2 posted:

Is there any tactical advantage of fighting on the rooftops, other than stalling on the extraction round, or is this just another annoying thing pubbies do? I guess maybe it's good for snipers, but feels like it just makes everything take longer when you've got enemies jumping up and down all over the place.

Do any of you that are doing silver/gold stream or does anyone know any good players who stream on twitch? Haven't found anyone solid yet to view.

It segregates enemies and gives you easier paths to retreat from, as well as better sightlines. It's a tactical choice.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They also have come to you and they're fairly vulnerable during the fly up animation.

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it

A Single Sphink posted:

Named my Krogan Sentinel PACMAN JONES, all caps.

I named all my vorchas things like NYARGH BLEEEHH and I love and miss them.

e:

AngryBooch posted:

I used the Raptor on a turbocharge class and don't even scope with it. It's also sick blindfired.

The raptor is the only gun I have unlocked at all, and I'm glad I got it. Great for melting the annoying-rear end doglizards who surprise you or whatever

anime tupac fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Mar 24, 2017

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

re: rooftop fighting

Seems like I am the pubbie :smith:

TastyLemonDrops posted:

It's gonna take forever if all you're doing is bronze, as it gives 10k credits.

Yep... I've got two lvl 20 characters now and I am still short 14-26 basic packs. As the other goon mentioned, it is kind of neat when they start giving nothing but weapon mods though.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

anime tupac posted:

I named all my vorchas things like NYARGH BLEEEHH and I love and miss them.

e:

The raptor is the only gun I have unlocked at all, and I'm glad I got it. Great for melting the annoying-rear end doglizards who surprise you or whatever

On the other hand, there's the Indra, which is worse than the Raptor in every way, except for a larger clip size.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

FYI the Juggernaut Shield that's in the item store gives 10% incresed shields and 75% increased melee damage. Glad I hoarded my mission points, could barely afford it.

I've spent the last few matches mostly headbutting my enemies and its glorious. It'll be even better when I get my Rage to level 4 and 5.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Cripes I would have enough if I didnt buy another squad.

I hope that stuff doesnt change, I want that juggernaut shield.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Alteisen posted:

Cripes I would have enough if I didnt buy another squad.

I hope that stuff doesnt change, I want that juggernaut shield.

Yeah this mobile game is addictive

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Holy poo poo good thing I read the thread. I was gonna get my third away team but I think I'll save for the jugg shield.

edit: At tier 4 of Charge, I'm guessing damage and force is better than the aoe boost? The stagger might be nice so I don't have to nova for CC.

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Mar 24, 2017

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
God drat it I just bought another away team before reading the thread

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

There's still 18(?) days to pick up the juggernaut shield from the item store. The other limited-time equipment gives a huge boost to spare ammo and is also worth picking up!

A second strike team is worth it, but once you have two you'll be able to run all the available bronze and silver missions. Gold missions aren't worth it until you grind a team up to around 20 or so. Until you have a decent chance of success, their just a good way to pick up negative traits (which will reduce the chance of success further)! My top team is 11 and still only has about 12% chance of success on golds.

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Holy poo poo good thing I read the thread. I was gonna get my third away team but I think I'll save for the jugg shield.

edit: At tier 4 of Charge, I'm guessing damage and force is better than the aoe boost? The stagger might be nice so I don't have to nova for CC.

I when damage/force because the enemies usually spread out enough you'll only be hitting one either way. I'm thinking it might have been a bad choice because sometimes enemies go flying after the charge and then you can't punch them! That might still happen with radius boost, though, haven't tried it.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Mar 24, 2017

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Was me3 this prone to crashing? I've had three today on bone

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Not sure if they lifted the 100 friend cap on origin but I'm steakmancer on pc

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Two Finger posted:

There are some glitches (like the jetpack hop) that can ruin your game. I think I'll start making a list of known glitches. Hit me with what you got.

Been getting this one all night long. :mad:

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Oh, uh, I'm cactusmomma on PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Two Finger posted:

Was me3 this prone to crashing? I've had three today on bone

I've had 3 or 4 the past two nights on PS4, usually when I'm on wave 5 or 6 :argh:.

Started a human infiltrator... this is pretty much what I wanted when playing the soldier. Having 5 sticky grenades trivializes most of the large things on bronze.

• Locked thread