Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not going to lie, after looking at the banners I'm still entertaining thoughts of a second pull of VI Banner 1. Setzer Burst still looks like a top prize and I don't really see many support options on the anniversary banners outside of Faris USB. I'm also still looking for Locke or Edgar BSBs, and an in-realm medica I wouldn't turn down either.

Banner 4 having 2/3s of the BSBs be dupes is making me worried, even if all the OSBs look fantastic. Kinda swinging back towards favoring Banner 2, maybe with a single pull on Banner 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Locke's OSB is bad, dooooon't

well, as i mentioned a couple pages back my ff6 synergy is generally poo poo too so there would be an ulterior motive to drawing as well

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

wizard on a water slide posted:

Yeah, that makes sense.

It just seems like a surprisingly good banner for me, and better or fewer dupes than like 3/5 festival banners. People on the subreddit seemed to hate it.

I guess a lot of people chased stuff like Cloud/Terra OSBs and Onion Gauntlets, so me not having done so/not having gotten them pays off now. Huh.

Actually, the aversion towards the Global version of Ultros' Choice is the result of the JP Foresight the subreddit uses to their advantage being rendered useless to the fact Overseas Fanboyism is somehow not as different as its Japanese Equivalent:

Imagine being given a similar survey to the one the Japanese got to make their Banner (and get the Freebie Abilities), learning said survey actually covered really good relics from a month after the cutoff point of the Japanese one and thus try to prune out the odd choices of the banner such as P. Cecil and Aerith's Bursts (which are nice on a vacuum, but they clearly show their age compared to any Holy/Healing Burst released after them) only to discover the Final Tally amounted to a near similar Banner (if not a more awkward one, thanks to Sheepsong being pruned out in favor of Onion Slice).

The visceral reaction was a logical outcome in hindsight.

Social Psychology
Mar 25, 2015
What's wrong with Locke's OSB?

It seems bog standard, not overtly bad like Gilgamesh's or something

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Social Psychology posted:

What's wrong with Locke's OSB?

It seems bog standard, not overtly bad like Gilgamesh's or something
It's closer to SSB strength than OSB strength in exchange for being...ranged and fast cast. Not fantastic.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

It's closer to SSB strength than OSB strength in exchange for being...ranged and fast cast. Not fantastic.

It's also a +Holy dagger which is awkward since anyone you'd want a physical holy weapon for (including Locke himself) can use swords already. It'll still probably beat those out just due to having 6* weapon stats but eh.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

It's also a +Holy dagger which is awkward since anyone you'd want a physical holy weapon for (including Locke himself) can use swords already. It'll still probably beat those out just due to having 6* weapon stats but eh.

Except our good pal Snow.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
It's kind of weird that it's +holy given the fact that Locke has two SBs that deal fire/NE or fire only and an Enfire, but no real use for holy outside his BSB/OSB (which are both also fire).

It's not a net loss since +holy is probably better for physical characters anyway, and it still combos with the Enfire since his OSB does both, it's just a little... off.

Locke has always felt a little "off".

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

It's also dual element and therefore can hit multiple weaknesses and is easier to boost. It's not great but I wouldn't call it substantially worse than the average OSB. Certainly better than the Gilgamesh/Vaan/Bartz tier at least.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

since i haven't played any final fantasies beyond 6 or tactics i can say the reason it's holy is because in 6 it had a chance to cast holy on hit or as we knew it then, "pearl"

also it was called "gradeus" which i thought was neat because it reminded me of gradius

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
apoc black knights hit pretty hard unless you bring exhausting polka, multi break, and another stacking aoe atk breakdown of some sort... good thing i was the only one in my pub group who came prepared with all 3

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Grozz Nuy posted:

It's also dual element and therefore can hit multiple weaknesses and is easier to boost. It's not great but I wouldn't call it substantially worse than the average OSB. Certainly better than the Gilgamesh/Vaan/Bartz tier at least.

Bartz isn't really that much worse than Locke.

Still a bit sad they stuck both Bartz and Gilgamesh on banner 3. I'd have taken just about any other OSB over them, even Vaan since that'd have been another +10 ATK for him.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Strategizing my pulls is gonna be tricky on this one. My chase relics are on banners with two or three dupes, and the banners without dupes have stuff I don't want to chase as badly, but could still be good.

Well, always the chance my position changes after the BSB lucky and Ultros, but given my luck so far, probably not. I do have enough mithril to pull once on each banner, so that could also be viable. But then again, could also be good to save some for upcoming crazy good banners. Decisions...

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

So Noctis's BSB in jp has a warpstrike command, in which your character teleports to a cliff and holds onto the sword. This has some....unintended side effects with the wrong type of character(ie, using it as a RW)

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Locke's OSB is bad, dooooon't

Yeah but the item is great.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

What you're saying just makes no sense. Daggers are only 10 attack weaker than swords at osb level, with no synergy. And locke wants daggers for the thief skills anyways.

I've seen a lot of people​ have this opinion, and it's just straight up wrong. After getting vaan's hugely disspointing osb last year, I can tell you how loving awesome having an osb dagger around is. It's pretty drat awesome. It's a non-synergy 186 attack stat stick that literally every single physical attacker in the game can use.

Like, the ability to say gently caress you to your lack of synergy weapons is great enough. What's that? Zell needs a fist? Freya needs a spear? Cyan needs a katana (and that 5* samurai skill they never released globally)? They can make due with this. And hey, if you need a knight, boom, holy boost. Do you need a dagger for wind bite's 3.7 multiplier? Done.

I'd rather have the other relics on that banner, of course. But this dagger is sure as hell gonna replace my ssb holy boosting sword I was using. And uh, if I get a second I won't be complaining. This is a relic I really want to +.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

oy gevalt

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Sprite141 posted:

Yeah but the item is great.

What you're saying just makes no sense. Daggers are only 10 attack weaker than swords at osb level, with no synergy. And locke wants daggers for the thief skills anyways.

I've seen a lot of people​ have this opinion, and it's just straight up wrong. After getting vaan's hugely disspointing osb last year, I can tell you how loving awesome having an osb dagger around is. It's pretty drat awesome. It's a non-synergy 186 attack stat stick that literally every single physical attacker in the game can use.

Like, the ability to say gently caress you to your lack of synergy weapons is great enough. What's that? Zell needs a fist? Freya needs a spear? Cyan needs a katana (and that 5* samurai skill they never released globally)? They can make due with this. And hey, if you need a knight, boom, holy boost. Do you need a dagger for wind bite's 3.7 multiplier? Done.

I'd rather have the other relics on that banner, of course. But this dagger is sure as hell gonna replace my ssb holy boosting sword I was using. And uh, if I get a second I won't be complaining. This is a relic I really want to +.

Yeah that's a fair assessment really. I think it just feels super awkward to get a +Holy dagger from Locke who has always focused on Fire and only got Holy with his BSB because Phoenix. I'll admit when I'm wrong and retract my statement though.

That said I dunno if it's worth using this over a +Wind weapon for Dash Bite just because it's a dagger, but that entirely depends on some math I have no idea about.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

So there's a new Lucky draw banner on the Japanese version, and I get 2/11 with both of them being Full Metal Rods.

Why do lucky draws hate me?

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
Been busy today, so I didn't pull on today's Lucky Banner until now.

2/11: Sabin's BSB and Vayne's BSB. Not sure how noteworthy either of them is in the grand scheme of things, but they're not dupes, so it's already a way better result than yesterday!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

bilperkins2 posted:

For those who don't know the effects by memory, I added them (basically for myself because I only know the ones I have)

Banner 1:
Tyro USB - Grants Haste, Astra and HP Stock (2000), grants Instant Cast 2 to the user
Sephiroth OSB - 12,0 phys Dark/Fire Break damage cap
Onion Knight OSB - 13,0 Phys or 43,0 Mag damage based on which stat is higher,
Kain BSB
- Four group ranged Lightning jump attacks (1,25 each), grants Haste, Attach Lightning and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - Two single ranged Lightning attacks (1,03 each), grants No Air Time 2 to the user
- CMD 2 - Two single ranged Lightning attacks (1,03 each), restores 1 consumed ability use (priority to lowest remaining uses) to the user
Vaan BSB
- Instant, Five single ranged attacks (1,52 each), DEF and MAG -40% for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - Quick Cast, 2,00 phys, MAG -50% for 15 seconds
- CMD 2 - Quick Cast, 2,00 phys, DEF -40% for 15 seconds
Maria BSB
- Eight single Earth attacks (1,88 each), grants Haste, Attach Earth and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - 3/4/5/6 single Earth attacks (2,00 each) at 624/973/1032 MAG, causes Petrify (5%)
- CMD 2 - Two group Earth attacks (3,09 each), grants Stitch in Time to the user for 20 seconds (MAG +30%, DEF -30%)
Braska SSB (MAG +30%, Quick Cast 3 and High Regen to party)
Arc SSB (Instant Curaga Medica + Physical Blink to party)
Edge SSB (Instant Hastega, Last Stand + Physical Blink to party)
Sephiroth SSB (10x Dark/NE physical ST + EnDark)

Banner 2:
Faris USB - Six group attacks (0,84 each), 0,94/1,04/1,29 multiplier if there are 3/2/1 enemies, ATK, DEF, MAG, RES and MND -30% for 25 seconds, causes Stun (100%)
Tidus OSB - 12,00 Phys Water, Breaks Damage Cap
Shantotto BSB
- Six group Lightning/Fire/Ice attacks (1,94 each), grants Haste, Attach Lightning and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - Quick Cast, Four Lightning/Fire single magic attacks (2,00 each)
- CMD 2 - Quick Cast, Four Lightning/Ice single magic attacks (2,00 each)
Quistis BSB
- Eight random Poison attacks (1,88 each), grants Haste, Attach Poison and Burst Mode the user
- Four single attacks (2,17 each), causes Poison (7%), Blind (7%), Silence (7%) and Confuse (7%)
- Two group attacks (3,09 each), grants Stitch in Time to the user for 20 seconds (MAG +30%, DEF -30%)
Yuna BSB2
- Restores HP (55), MAG and MND +30% for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - Either Summon Valefor or if Valefor is summoned, Four group attacks (4,80 each), minimum damage 1100, removes Summon Valefor to the user
- CMD 2 - If no Valefor, Restores HP (25), 2,00 holy attack damages undeads. If Valefor, Minimum damage 1100, restores HP (25) to all allies (Enlir's is confusing on this one)
Krile BSB
- Six group attacks (1,99 each), grants Haste, Attach Fire and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - Four single Fire/NE attacks (2,17 each), causes Stun (9%)
- CMD 2 - Two group Fire/NE attacks (3,04 each), causes Slow (16%)
Minfilia SSB (+50% ATK + Last Stand to party )
Selphie SSB (Curaga Medica + Magical Blink to party)
Exdeath SSB (6x Dark/NE magical ST, +30% MAG/MND to party)
Zell SSB (8x random NE physical ST, +30% ATK/DEF/RES to self)

Banner 3:
Bartz OSB - Wind/Water/Earth/Fire 10,00 ranged attack, breaks damage cap
Gilgamesh OSB - 10,80 or 13,20 if all allies are alive, breaks damage cap
Cid Raines BSB
- Six single dark/holy attacks (2,57 each), 3,31 mult. if the user has any Doom, min. 500, DEF and MAG +30% to all allies for 25 sec., grants Haste and B. M. to the user
- CMD 1 - Four single dark/holy attacks (2,20 each), grants Instant Magical Attacks 1 to the user
- CMD 2 - Two group dark/holy attacks (3,90 each), grants Lingering Spirit to the user for 20 seconds (MAG +30%, RES -30%)
Golbez BSB
- Seven single dark attacks (2,49 each), MAG +30% to the user for 25 seconds, grants Haste, Sentinel and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - Grants Summon Black Dragon and Stoneskin: 30% - If Black Dragon summoned, Four group Dark attacks (4,30 each), minimum damage 1100, removes Summon Black Dragon to the user
- CMD 2 - Four single Dark attacks (2,55 each), or if Black Dragon summoned, Four single Dark attacks (2,55 each) and heals the user for 20% of the damage dealt
Refia BSB
- Eight single Fire/NE attacks (0,78 each), grants Haste, Dance of Carnage (Critical chance =50%), Attach Fire and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - Four single ranged Fire/NE attacks (0,49 each), critical hits deal 100% more damage (instead of 50%)
- CMD 2 - Two group ranged Fire/NE attaks (0,65 each), grants Dark Bargain to the user for 20 seconds (ATK +30%, DEF -30%)
Relm BSB
- Three group Holy/NE attacks (3,13 each), restores HP (55) to all allies, grants Last Stand to all allies, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - Instant, Restores HP (105), damages undeads (4,00)
- CMD 2 - Restores HP (25) all, damages undeads (2,00)
Sabin SSB (40% Max HP medica, +100% DEF and Esuna to party)
Noel SSB (6x NE physical ST, 100% Stun, Instant Cast 2 to user)
Krile SSB (+30% MAG, Hastega + High Regen)
Laguna SSB (6x NE physical ranged ST, +50% ATK to party)

Banner 4:
Agrias OSB - 11,25 Holy/NE, Breaks damage cap, 12,75 multiplier if exploiting elemental weakness
Ashe OSB - 40,00 Lightning.NE, breaks damage cap
TG Cid OSB - 15,00 Holy/Lightning, Breaks damage cap, grants Thunder God's Might (Multiplies ATB charge rate by 3,00 while casting)
Agrias BSB
- Four group Holy attacks (1,47 each), causes Imperil Holy 20% for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - Two single Holy attacks (1,25 each), grants Sentinel to the user
- CMD 2 - Two single Holy attacks (1,25 each), RES +40% to the user for 20 seconds
Eiko BSB
- Restores HP (85), grants Critical 50% for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - Restores HP (105), grants Physical Blink 1, damages undeads (4,00)
- CMD 2 - Restores HP (25) all, damages undeads (2,00)
Alphinaud BSB
- Eight single Wind attacks (1,88 each), grants Haste, Attach Wind and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - Four single Wind attacks (1,91 each), grants Instant Cast 1 to the user
- CMD 2 - Two single Wind attacks (4,28 each), restores 1 consumed ability use (priority to lowest remaining uses) to the user
Yuna SSB (Curaga Medica + 2000 HP Stock)
Ramza SSB (Stoneskin: 30%, +50% Critical Damage to party)
Alphinaud SSB (+30% ATK/MAG + Radiant Shield to party)
Onion Knight SSB (5x NE magical AOE, 40% Max HP medica to party)

Banner 5:
Eiko USB - Instant Restores HP (85), grants Last Stand and Haste
Zidane OSB - 11,80 Wind/NE Breaks damage cap, 12,80 multiplier if 4 females are in the party
Garnet BSB
- Three group Lightning/Holy attacks (4,75 each), minimum damage 1100, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - Restores HP (105), removes negative effects, damages undeads
- CMD 2 - Two group Lightning/Holy attacks (4,00 each), minimum damage 1100
Vanille BSB
- Instant Restores HP (85), MND +30% to the user for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - Two single Holy attacks (5,30 each), RES -30% for 25 seconds
- CMD 2 - Restores HP (25), damages undeads (2,00)
Luneth BSB
- Eight single ranged Wind attacks (0,78 each), causes Stun (100%), grants Haste, Attach Wind and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - Four single ranged Wind/NE attacks (0,49 each), causes Stun (9%)
- CMD 2 - Two group ranged Wind/NE attacks (0,65 each), grants Hailstorm to the user for 20 seconds (ATK +30%, RES -30%)
Jecht BSB
- Eight random Dark attacks (0,83 each), grants Haste, Attach Dark and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1 - Four single ranged Dark attacks (0,54 each)
- CMD 2 - Two group ranged Dark attacks (0,75 each)
Y'shtola SSB (Protectga, Shellga + High Regen to party)
Garland SSB (5x Dark/NE physical AOE, -50% ATK/DEF to enemies)
Papalymo SSB (+30% MAG, Hastega + Quick Magical Cast 3 to party)
Cid Highwind SSB (+50% ATK + Hastega to party)
Just amended a few things, because it's easy to overlook the casting times. Relm's BSB has the same instant Curaja command 1 that Y'shtola's does, and it's a point in Shantotto's favor that her burst commands are half-charge time. (Though if you're looking for her BSB in particular out of banner 2, it may be much better to wait for the XI banner coming because it is rock solid and has no dupes in global beyond possibly that very BSB.)

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Still trying to talk myself out of pulling on Banner 4. I already have two of the bursts, and I'll have a better time pulling for Orlandeau on the next Tactics banner that I have zero dupes on. And Agrias OSB sounds nice, but I feel like it might be a better use of time just sticking with her BSB to stack imperils for other Holy characters to exploit with their OSBs/Bursts. Am I wrong and missing something important about using Agrias?

That kind of just leaves me looking at Banner 2 for Tidus/Yuna. Maybe Banner 3 for the good bursts (and I wouldn't mind a dupe Golbez rod) if I don't get anything good in today's lucky draw. And I guess the Ultros banner if I completely whiff on the free pull.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

The fact that today's BG music is Gilgamesh's boss theme makes me all sorts of happy.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

It's a really good remix too.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Still trying to talk myself out of pulling on Banner 4. I already have two of the bursts, and I'll have a better time pulling for Orlandeau on the next Tactics banner that I have zero dupes on. And Agrias OSB sounds nice, but I feel like it might be a better use of time just sticking with her BSB to stack imperils for other Holy characters to exploit with their OSBs/Bursts. Am I wrong and missing something important about using Agrias?

That kind of just leaves me looking at Banner 2 for Tidus/Yuna. Maybe Banner 3 for the good bursts (and I wouldn't mind a dupe Golbez rod) if I don't get anything good in today's lucky draw. And I guess the Ultros banner if I completely whiff on the free pull.

I gotta tell you, Banner 4 is hard not to sell. I'm happy I have no dupes on it.

Pros:
Both TGCid and Agrias OSB Swords are holy boosting 6* swords (with Agrias BSB as the 5* version)
3 Medicas (Eiko's which is ideal for physical teams to keep up DPS, Yuna's is still one of the strongest pure healing SBs, and Onion's SSB is Wrath spammable and lets you take Y'shtola for a Wall)
Cloud's USB is pretty popular in JP right now, so combining a 100% crit chance with Ramza's increased damage on crits seem like a match made in heaven (plays nice with Eiko's BSB too)
Neither of Alphinaud's relics or Agrias's relics show up in the next XIV/Tactics events, so this is your last guaranteed chance to have access to them for a while (Especially for Alphinaud)

Cons:
3 Medicas (If you have a good one already and just want more offensive items)
You have dupes???
Saving for other banners???

I personally think it's a stronger banner then Rapha/Marach 2 banner, unless you like Mustadio and Marach a lot, or want a shot at Orlandeau BSB as well.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Mar 24, 2017

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
4 is tricky for me. Everything looks great, but I do have Alphinaud's two items and I already have an 8* plus one more Hamelin. It's drat near a sure thing I'd be walking away with nothing but dupes, but the non-dupes look freaking great. TGCid is tempting if nothing else since having his BSB makes me really wanna pull.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

4 is probably the strongest banner on paper, followed by 1. Sadly I have 4 dupes on 4, including 2 of the BSBs (and a functional dupe of the third BSB), and 2 of the other relics on the banner would be complete duds for me, so I can't really justify a pull since I'd basically just be chasing Cid's OSB at that point.

I'm probably going to pull once or twice on 1, depending on what I get, and twice on 3 since I really want those BSBs, though I hate that both of the OSBs are just garbage. 2 has Tidus' OSB, which I really want, but nothing else grabs me, so I probably shouldn't pull on that either. Which means either a third pull on 3 or a pull on the Ultros banner.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

HPanda posted:

4 is tricky for me. Everything looks great, but I do have Alphinaud's two items and I already have an 8* plus one more Hamelin. It's drat near a sure thing I'd be walking away with nothing but dupes, but the non-dupes look freaking great. TGCid is tempting if nothing else since having his BSB makes me really wanna pull.

Compare to upcoming banners if you're chasing something specific.

TGCid OSB -> Rapha/Marach 2 - The Orlandeau relic zone featuring Mustadio and Marach)

Agrias OSB/BSB -> Beatrix 1 - Beatrix also has a Holy OSB with a sword that boost holy damage (boosts damage with Knight abilities used), and has almost the same BSB as Agrias. Actually, almost every item on this banner boosts elemental damage

Onion SSB -> CoD 2 - The everything Onion + Desch and Ignus's BSBs. Ideal if you're still chasing the Onion Gauntlets. Watch out for Desch's Gauntlet though.

Ramza SSB -> Rapha/Marach 1 - Rapha's BSB is the star here (Think Cid Raines BSB, but Lightning and trading the Powerchain for healing), but there's nice stuff for Ramza, Delita and Ovelia too. Ramza is bringing ANOTHER 6* holy boosting sword with his eh USB.

Yuna SSB -> Next X event - Either Banner 1 for Yuna's Amazing USB and Tidus Water Chain SB, or Banner 2 for specifically this SSB, a chance at some Jecht and Paine stuff and Kimahri's surprisingly good Imperil Water BSB. Tidus BSB comes back if you have his OSB too.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Mar 24, 2017

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

pichupal posted:

Compare to upcoming banners if you're chasing something specific.

TGCid OSB -> Rapha/Marach 2 - The Orlandeau relic zone featuring Mustadio and Marach)

Agrias OSB/BSB -> Beatrix 1 - Beatrix also has a Holy OSB with a sword that boost holy damage (boosts damage with Knight abilities used), and has almost the same BSB as Agrias. Actually, almost every item on this banner boosts elemental damage

Onion SSB -> CoD 2 - The everything Onion + Desch and Ignus's BSBs. Ideal if you're still chasing the Onion Gauntlets. Watch out for Desch's Gauntlet though.

Ramza SSB -> Rapha/Marach 1 - Rapha's BSB is the star here (Think Cid Raines BSB, but Lightning and trading the Powerchain for healing), but there's nice stuff for Ramza, Delita and Ovelia too. Ramza is bringing ANOTHER 6* holy boosting sword with his eh USB.

Yuna SSB -> Next X event - Either Banner 1 for Yuna's Amazing USB and Tidus Water Chain SB, or Banner 2 for specifically this SSB, a chance at some Jecht and Paine stuff and Kimahri's surprisingly good Imperil Water BSB. Tidus BSB comes back if you have his OSB too.

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I should pass on it then, since I do have Beatrix's BSB. That would make this three dupes and one semi-dupe. While the non-dupes would all help, some of those other banners are looking better.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

HPanda posted:

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I should pass on it then, since I do have Beatrix's BSB. That would make this three dupes and one semi-dupe. While the non-dupes would all help, some of those other banners are looking better.
No problem.

I just got Raines BSB and Beatrix's BSB on my Lucky Draw just now and I've already messed up my banner pull planning.

:toot: Not complaning though, this blows my Lightning BSB1/Cloud BSB pull from the last BSB lucky out of the water :toot:

pichupal fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Mar 24, 2017

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I got Onion Knight's BSB and Fran's BSB. No dupes, so I'm pretty happy about that, at least. I did not get Tiny Bees.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Haha gently caress yes, my luck turns. I needed to fix my FF6 and FF10 synergy, and my FF7 is pretty dated too. What do I get?

7/44 with pulls since the last DU lucky. Looking much better. :toot:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

2/11 on the Lucky Draw, Ogre and Magic Shuriken.

These any good? I suppose an imperil is always nice, especially with breakdown commands, though it's kinda odd that they don't deal wind damage.

Maybe Yuffie's BSB will finally let me beat that goddamn X Torment dungeon? I have literally no other SBs that deal water damage somehow, but I feel like this thing is going to do some really disappointing damage.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Cosmic Afro posted:

I got Onion Knight's BSB and Fran's BSB. No dupes, so I'm pretty happy about that, at least. I did not get Tiny Bees.

That is a stupid-good pull, god drat!

My own luck is somehow holding up still:

Even if Seifer's BSB seems a bit weird and Maria's is a dupe. I somehow went from not having any mage BSBs to pulling Maria's twice in like 4 days.

Schwartzcough fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Mar 24, 2017

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Of all the draws to go 1/11... got Sarah's Light Robe. Not a great pull, since I content is almost nonexistent and I'll be using Vanille for my healer slot almost all of the time, but at least I finally have a magic blink medica.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

2/11 on the Lucky Draw, Ogre and Magic Shuriken.

These any good? I suppose an imperil is always nice, especially with breakdown commands, though it's kinda odd that they don't deal wind damage.

Maybe Yuffie's BSB will finally let me beat that goddamn X Torment dungeon? I have literally no other SBs that deal water damage somehow, but I feel like this thing is going to do some really disappointing damage.

Yuffie's BSB isn't super strong per hit, but it does have ninja cast times, and steal atk/def as a command.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Yeah I am pretty jealous of all the people who keep getting like 3+ relics on their pulls. The only one I got 3 on was the medica pull, and 2 of those were dupes :/

Better get at least one big haul on these upcoming banners or I'll be a bit salty.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Got a Knight Protector Dupe, which is probably because I just posted about it (seriously, it's weird how often I get dupes like this), and a Sorceress's Awakening. It's a little dated without extra effects on the entry or commands, but it does give me my first Earth SB, Ice BSB, and some much needed 8 synergy all in one.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
2/11 Locke and Yuffie

I guess I better hone some thief abilities. Up until now I haven't had any SBs on thieves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Sarah's SSB
Potato BSB
Refia BSB
Zell BSB
Aeris BSB
Reno BSB

Pretty good haul for 75 fun bucks