Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sony published Nioh everywhere except Japan so it's probably never coming to PC either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

exquisite tea posted:

I should get around to Nier but after Horizon and Night in the Woods I'm kinda done with depressing "we're all gonna die" stories.

I'm going to make a bold statement here about the tone of Nier. It's got it's highs and lows. In the end I actually I found it pretty uplifting. I am not irony posting.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Dark souls and games like it own so hard. I still never played ds1 because games for Windows lives sucks rear end and hosed me over. Probably some way around it though.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's moved to steamworks recently

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The mini games in Yakuza 0 are so hilariously complex. I just did my first Majima runs a club game and I gave literally no idea what just happened.

Yeah. You make so much more money in real estate that you should spend all the time you are willing in that one.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ineffiable posted:

Do any headsets actually connect to the ps4 wirelessly without a dingle? Just curious.

Heh, dingle

Also pretty sure no. Again, if your TV has bluetooth that might work. Then of course you need chat

I think some of the propietary little bluetooth ear pieces might connect sans dingle

Some headsets have a "base" that charges the headset and acts as the dongle. I mean it still plugs in via USB so it's essentially the same thing. If you don't use a mic you can just find a headset that uses the optical out from the PS4. But any headset needing a mic will need to plug into a PS4 USB port

Anyways yeah options are a bit limited. When the PS4 first dropped I think they mentioned in a blog they were working on BT headset or mic support but I doubt it'll ever happen at this point

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Heh, dingle

Also pretty sure no. Again, if your TV has bluetooth that might work. Then of course you need chat

I think some of the propietary little bluetooth ear pieces might connect sans dingle

Some headsets have a "base" that charges the headset and acts as the dongle. I mean it still plugs in via USB so it's essentially the same thing. If you don't use a mic you can just find a headset that uses the optical out from the PS4. But any headset needing a mic will need to plug into a PS4 USB port

Anyways yeah options are a bit limited. When the PS4 first dropped I think they mentioned in a blog they were working on BT headset or mic support but I doubt it'll ever happen at this point
I have a Creative BT-W2 which works well enough, though like everything like that it introduces some lag. I mostly use it with the PC though, because for some reason no normal PC Bluetooth adapter I have tried works with audio without huge problems. I wonder why that is?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Horizon chat. Making it the active job is NOT making this bellowback heart drop.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Heh, dingle

Dingle, dongle apparently my phone consider dingle a real word and not dongle.

Anyways, was just curious if they actually did something about it. I guess I'll live with dongle headsets.

I imagine it's just like ps1 emulation. There's no reason Sony couldn't do it... But you're better off not hoping on it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I wonder exactly what the tech is for the Bluetooth audio to the PS4 controllers as I've never noticed any sync issues like I do when using BT headphones on my iPhone.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ineffiable posted:

Dingle, dongle apparently my phone consider dingle a real word and not dongle.

Anyways, was just curious if they actually did something about it. I guess I'll live with dongle headsets.

I imagine it's just like ps1 emulation. There's no reason Sony couldn't do it... But you're better off not hoping on it.

Yeah, doubt it'll ever happen. Plus they make more money off people buying new headsets obviously.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Manatee Cannon posted:

sony co-developed bloodborne and published it, so you don't have to worry about that one

nioh idk about

Nioh is bound by exclusivity agreements stretching back to the initial reveal of the first scrapped version of the game in like 2005 id imagine. Sony was at least confident enough to put the true exclusive label on the box

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
I am so happy about every single song in Automata. They went and did it again, completely and absolutely. Tears of joy right here.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I liked most of the Automata demo, but is there anything I can do about the camera swooping and spinning around in (what I assume is) the final fight? Does that sort of thing happen often in the full game?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
The village song drives me up a wall though.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Snak posted:

The village song drives me up a wall though.

what the gently caress

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

lets hang out posted:

what the gently caress

It's fine for a bit, but I'm there for like 10 minutes, holy poo poo.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Snak posted:

It's fine for a bit, but I'm there for like 10 minutes, holy poo poo.

Not to at all diminish how you feel but it reminds me of something. Let me show you a little game called Xenoblade Chronicles X...

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I love all manner of video game music. But it's all past its peak. The ultimate is Fly into Free for Dragon's Dogma's opening. They removed it in Dark Arisen, which is one of the greatest tragedies of humanity, but man it was something else in vanilla.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the best part about that song is that it starts off like some generic fantasy song. then, right as you're about to get past the menus, the buttrock starts

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

the best part about that song is that it starts off like some generic fantasy song. then, right as you're about to get past the menus, the buttrock starts

Yep! It was utterly perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZNbabKjKpA

Most of that thread was in three steps:

Man, this song is stupid.
Man, this song is kinda catchy.
FFFFFFFLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY IINNNNTOOOOOOO FFFRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also bums me out that the franchise turned into an, apparently, very bad online game. It's one of my all time favorites, warts and all.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Jimbot posted:

Yep! It was utterly perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZNbabKjKpA

Most of that thread was in three steps:

Man, this song is stupid.
Man, this song is kinda catchy.
FFFFFFFLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY IINNNNTOOOOOOO FFFRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You forgot stage 4: "what the hell they took it out of Dark Arisen??"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
You lot complaining about machine drops in Horizon know there is a vendor in Meridian that sells parts, right?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
But they cost a lot and I have so many other things to spend my shards on

and

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Ghost Reacon is on sale (-15%). That seems almost unprecedented for a game that just came out (especially outside a holiday season).

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wish they'd make a proper Dragons Dogma 2. Game was a handful of really lovely design choices and about 75% of a properly sized map away from absolute greatness.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

lets hang out posted:

what the gently caress

I went to bed the first night I had this game with that on loop :3

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

veni veni veni posted:

I wish they'd make a proper Dragons Dogma 2. Game was a handful of really lovely design choices and about 75% of a properly sized map away from absolute greatness.

Or maybe if we could get DDO

Nvm guess it suckz

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'd sure as hell try it if they brought it over here, but even much diligent DD fans than myself seem to think it's pretty bad.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I really wanted to try DDO when I got my new computer but the game is region locked so if you don't live in Japan or use a VPN you're outta luck.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Policenaut posted:

I really wanted to try DDO when I got my new computer but the game is region locked so if you don't live in Japan or use a VPN you're outta luck.
It's also an enjoyment vampire like almost nothing I have seen.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they shouldn't have made an mmo

tho that's my opinion every time someone makes an mmo tbh

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

3 months free ps plus for purchasing 1 year until the end of the month. Good timing because mine is up at the beginning of April:

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good

Bombadilillo posted:

Horizon chat. Making it the active job is NOT making this bellowback heart drop.

Go to meridian and buy one. gently caress farming them. Money is a joke in that game. Sell everything but crafting mats and breathe easy.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Machine parts are easy. Now fish bones and raccoon skins are a different story

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dimo ArKacho posted:

Go to meridian and buy one. gently caress farming them. Money is a joke in that game. Sell everything but crafting mats and breathe easy.

Not quite. It's generally best to hold onto one of some of the bigger machine parts, because it'll save time running through Errands and sidequests when you bump into someone wanting them.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Machine parts are easy. Now fish bones and raccoon skins are a different story

Seriously, why is there a machine parts vendor and not a hunting vendor? :psyduck:

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Not quite. It's generally best to hold onto one of some of the bigger machine parts, because it'll save time running through Errands and sidequests when you bump into someone wanting them.

Ok yeah, I was thinking more watcher and strider crap, and things like that. If you sell thunderjaw parts or whatever, you're a bad and deserve what's coming...even though you can buy that poo poo too.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Dimo ArKacho posted:

I this posted earlier. I'm early in the game and had the machines that drop it but they wouldn't. I got past a story past and a story one dropped it. I wonder if its set not to drop?

acrivating the task made other rare things drop every time. Just not the heart.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Manatee Cannon posted:

they shouldn't have made an mmo

tho that's my opinion every time someone makes an mmo tbh

This is me as well.

Don't make MMOs anymore oh my God your STILL battling against WoW some and FF14 is something I guess. I got into it and just fell out of it.

I need to be able to keyboard type if I'm doing an MMO

Also they are bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Hunt fish skin and bones at the frozen lake in the north east with a blast sling. You don't even need to go swimming. Raccoons are all over the far west portion of the map.