Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Exquisite work LordMune, my depest thanks for all the work you guys do.

Harrowing chapter, Casca seems to realize the guilt that Guts carries and the wounds he bears. He seemingly reacts aggressively only when the demons attack the casket, but bears the pain if they attack him. Does this have some connection to the waterfall where Casca mentions the wounds Guts has and how she is responsible for them (or have I misremembered)? And again in the eclipse where she tells him not to look so that he doesn't endure more pain?

I'm pretty poor at interpreting things.

I'm also very impressed with the quality of work, the digital work looks a bit better, even if the faces are still quite doll like.

snickothemule fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
It's cool seeing the iconography Fromsoft will crib for their next game as it gets published.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Deified Data posted:

It's cool seeing the iconography Fromsoft will crib for their next game as it gets published.

Funnily enough I was just thinking those shadow bat things looked a lot like those weird pink gargoyle monsters from Anor Londo.

So maybe it works both ways? :v:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Hiatus oveR?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Hiatus oveR?

Ask again next month.

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Is it time to post idolmaster again?

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
The overall visuals of the new chapter were pretty far out.

Wonder how it'll look in cgi....in 2021?

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
First page states the "the long-awaited monthly serialization begins", and the final page says next chapter end of april. Wonder how long that'll last.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Forever and ever!

:negative:

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
Realistically, until the second season of the anime ends.

There'll be an updated version of #348 and a torrent going up sometime this weekend. I realized I completely bungled the context for one of the lines. :negative:

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

LordMune posted:

Realistically, until the second season of the anime ends.

There'll be an updated version of #348 and a torrent going up sometime this weekend. I realized I completely bungled the context for one of the lines. :negative:

Hey, at least you don't have a paying client screaming at you. Seriously though, I'm a professional translator and the stuff you guys do is top notch. Love your work, keep it up.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i forget, did guts ever get around to mentioning to the rest of the group the general outline of his and casca's past? cause it's starting to look like maybe he should have given them some pointers before they entered the mindmeld

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i forget, did guts ever get around to mentioning to the rest of the group the general outline of his and casca's past? cause it's starting to look like maybe he should have given them some pointers before they entered the mindmeld

Puck and Schirke got a general outline of "REAL BAD poo poo HAPPENED" from peeking around in his mind from time to time but other than that he hasn't said poo poo to them about his past. Farneese didn't even realize (or at least wanted to consider) that Casca and Guts might have actually been lovers at some point until like halfway though the boat trip. Isidro didn't even find out he was in the Band of the Hawk until they got to Elfhelm.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i guess now that we're getting new content i should read the series again.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Puck and Schirke got a general outline of "REAL BAD poo poo HAPPENED" from peeking around in his mind from time to time but other than that he hasn't said poo poo to them about his past. Farneese didn't even realize (or at least wanted to consider) that Casca and Guts might have actually been lovers at some point until like halfway though the boat trip. Isidro didn't even find out he was in the Band of the Hawk until they got to Elfhelm.

Isidro not quite figuring out that Guts is his boy the 100-man slayer is one of my favourite running gags.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i guess now that we're getting new content i should read the series again.

:same:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Funnily enough I was just thinking those shadow bat things looked a lot like those weird pink gargoyle monsters from Anor Londo.

So maybe it works both ways? :v:

I thought about that a bit before I realized Miura is too busy with...other games...to realistically care about Dark Souls, but it'd be cool to get a shout-out some day.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Dark Souls is a shout-out to Berserk already, no need to get circle-jerky.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
When Farnese said the mini-casca had no poise, I imagined the nerd translator giggling and winking at the page.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Just had an idle thought - think Guts will be getting a weapon upgrade after killing Grunbeld? I mean, once you've slain the series's resident dragon...

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

temple posted:

When Farnese said the mini-casca had no poise, I imagined the nerd translator giggling and winking at the page.

yes that was me

I didn't giggle

What's so funny huh :colbert:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I was kind of dreading the worst from that chapter but that wasn't too bad...yet.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

LordMune posted:

yes that was me

I didn't giggle

What's so funny huh :colbert:
Did you wink?

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

No. :geno:

temple
Jul 29, 2006

You missed out!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

temple posted:

I don't get it.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

dark souls invented the term poise you see

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

In Dark Souls 3, the "poise" stat does literally nothing (among other things making heavy armor nearly worthless compared to older games in the series) and the developers repeatedly insisted that it was working as intended.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

In Dark Souls 3, the "poise" stat does literally nothing (among other things making heavy armor nearly worthless compared to older games in the series) and the developers repeatedly insisted that it was working as intended.

This was never true, but it's now (after a lot of patching) way less true.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Please don't start the dark souls 3 poise argument in the Berserk Hiatus thread

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
The mutt was a pretty subtle dark souls nod (there are dogs in every souls game)

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Mar 24, 2017

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Andrast posted:

Please don't start the dark souls 3 poise argument in the Berserk Hiatus thread

[Dons Havel armor and picks up dragon tooth with one hand]

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

skasion posted:

This was never true, but it's now (after a lot of patching) way less true.

whether it's true or not is immaterial to this explanation

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Ah

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

the dive into Casca's mind ends with her screaming "GIT GUD" and nothing gets any better

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Haven't read yet, busy for a few more days. Keep those spoiler tags rolling! There clearly hasn't been enough conversation about the subtle hints on the chapter about what outcome to expect from all this... though I imagine it would suck if they sailed all this way to have no resolution (after all, when was it that SK recommended this course? Or was it Flora?).

Looking forward to helping spread the torrent later this weekend.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

Haven't read yet, busy for a few more days. Keep those spoiler tags rolling! There clearly hasn't been enough conversation about the subtle hints on the chapter about what outcome to expect from all this... though I imagine it would suck if they sailed all this way to have no resolution (after all, when was it that SK recommended this course? Or was it Flora?).

Looking forward to helping spread the torrent later this weekend.

IIRC going to Elf Island at all was Puck's idea.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Neo_Crimson posted:

IIRC going to Elf Island at all was Puck's idea.

That was just because it was a place where they could live free of being attacked by ghosts every night. Skull Knight is the one who told them the King of Elfhelm could heal Casca.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Guess the thread title needs to change again, huh?