Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/845073787817201666

https://twitter.com/LisaMascaro/status/845075689846050816

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/845074959366021121

https://twitter.com/pkcapitol/status/845075208889389057

:toot: Gonna be an eventful day tomorrow no matter how this ultimately shakes out :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

lol Ryan is doomed

quote:

Mr. Trump has told four people close to him that he regrets going along with Speaker Paul D. Ryan’s plan to push a health care overhaul before unveiling a tax cut proposal more politically palatable to Republicans.

He said ruefully this week that he should have done tax reform first when it became clear that the quick-hit health care victory he had hoped for was not going to materialize on Thursday, the seventh anniversary of the act’s passage.

quote:

But resistance from his own party forced Mr. Ryan to delay the vote — even if he cast it as a take-it-or-leave-it deal.

It did not work. Until this week, Mr. Trump was slow to recognize the high stakes of the fight, or the implications of losing. He approved the agenda putting health care first late last year, almost in passing, in meetings with Mr. Ryan, Vice President Mike Pence and Reince Priebus, the White House chief of staff.

Staff members agreed on a hasty rollout strategy during weekend meetings earlier this month — with Mr. Pence suggesting that the president maintain distance from the proposal, urging him to refer to the bill as Mr. Ryan’s creation, according to senior Republicans.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/23/us/politics/trump-health-care-bill-regrets.html

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
If Trump causes Paul Ryan to commit suicide I'll think he's good lol

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

emoji posted:

hell i might even vote for him

lol jk

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!

emoji posted:

Simply by futzing about, he and his supporters are going to encourage a lot more suicides than just ol' Pauly Sparkles's. He can end the world simply by doing nothing!

LOL

Partisan Divide Predicts Climate Change Beliefs

In order to stay under 2 C, we need to halve CO2 emissions every decade.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
im trying to think a more unprofessional way to handle attempting to get something passed and i'm not coming up with anything besides like, violent threats or something like mooning people.

i mean we all knew he would be a bad president but this is just so, so special lol

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

GreatGreen posted:

I love how Trump is always blurting out immediately obvious lies and other totally outlandish, ridiculous poo poo and every single time, EVERY SINGLE TIME, all official organizations take what he says and treats it as if it's being said by someone totally rational and trustworthy, who they don't have any reason to believe would articulate anything other than verified scientific fact, who hasn't already done this a million times, half a dozen of those times invariably having happened in the last 24 hours.

Here let's spend millions of dollars and hundreds of man ours debunking what this idiot says AGAIN, this time he's claiming that North Korean Mexicans stole his favorite power tie and hid it in an empty coffee can in the White House basement or some poo poo, ok let's get to work fellas I'll put the coffee on.

Like has nobody who works in the news ever heard the story of the boy who cried wolf? This happens multiple times daily.

lol

as he said, he's president, not you... so he must know better. lol

any rear end in a top hat can get into a position of power with money, its just sad watching everybody else fall in line like its normal

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

emoji posted:

is self harm covered...?

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Fasdar posted:

Simply by futzing about, he and his supporters are going to encourage a lot more suicides than just ol' Pauly Sparkles's. He can end the world simply by doing nothing!

LOL

Partisan Divide Predicts Climate Change Beliefs

In order to stay under 2 C, we need to halve CO2 emissions every decade.

we are all dead and there is absolutely nothing to be done about it so may as well have a good ol lol

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Drunk & Ugly posted:

is self harm covered...?

Government officials have their own separate Healthcare system that is paid for by our taxes hth :) nearly everything is covered for them

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
supporters of the ryan bill should give up their congress health plan and be forced onto ryancare to prove theyre true believers lol

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

turn off the TV posted:

Here, brighter version. Read the tab titles and look at the amount of upvotes/downvotes.

There are 100,000 people having a spite war to get the dead black man or the dead white woman the most upvotes lol

Giving you a lol for this, but this is not something new, this always happens.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
LOLZ:

https://twitter.com/SethAMandel/status/845099900299825152

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Jesus Christ lmao

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

And they're a pro-Trump publication iirc hahahaha

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

turn off the TV posted:

Here, brighter version. Read the tab titles and look at the amount of upvotes/downvotes.

There are 100,000 people having a spite war to get the dead black man or the dead white woman the most upvotes lol

stewardess, I speak a little reddit, maybe i can help

so there's a subreddit called "The_Donald" that is a donald trump support subforum and also the most vile brokebrain hategroup ever. One thing they love to do is post a picture of a white victim of a crime done by an illegal immigrant, and then upvote it so much that it reaches reddit's front page, which is the ultimate achievement of reddit users for some reason. What makes it to the front page "shows" all the people of earth the truth, or so I gather.

fighting for frontpage attention is a big deal for some reason, so the anti The Donald subreddits decided to play the same game with a picture of the black victim of the white supremacist earlier this week and upvote that pic until it got onto the frontpage. So what TV posted was the data regarding how many upvotes each picture had gotten.

reddit upvote numbers are serious business. To redditors. I want to say this is the ultimate reddit slap fight, but its really just a good taste of reddit user politics in general. As somone mentioned before, reddit having an upvote battle full of bots, scripts, multiple accounts, etc is totally a normal thing for reddit

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Hoo boy. It's either gonna be a lol cuz the GOP self-owned or a lol cuz they're gonna turbofuck middle and working class people

Big Butt Skinner
Apr 16, 2005

Blueprints of the dummy...
Notarized photos of you making the dummy...
And an alternate wording for the banner: "Buttzilla."
:perfect:

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Madcosby posted:

stewardess, I speak a little reddit, maybe i can help

so there's a subreddit called "The_Donald" that is a donald trump support subforum and also the most vile brokebrain hategroup ever. One thing they love to do is post a picture of a white victim of a crime done by an illegal immigrant, and then upvote it so much that it reaches reddit's front page, which is the ultimate achievement of reddit users for some reason. What makes it to the front page "shows" all the people of earth the truth, or so I gather.

fighting for frontpage attention is a big deal for some reason, so the anti The Donald subreddits decided to play the same game with a picture of the black victim of the white supremacist earlier this week and upvote that pic until it got onto the frontpage. So what TV posted was the data regarding how many upvotes each picture had gotten.

reddit upvote numbers are serious business. To redditors. I want to say this is the ultimate reddit slap fight, but its really just a good taste of reddit user politics in general. As somone mentioned before, reddit having an upvote battle full of bots, scripts, multiple accounts, etc is totally a normal thing for reddit

It's still not funny. And it's meaningless because the same exact content get heavily upvoted or downvoted depending on planetary alignment and the fickleness is a meme.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Skypie posted:

Hoo boy. It's either gonna be a lol cuz the GOP self-owned or a lol cuz they're gonna turbofuck middle and working class people

Porque no los dos? *gets deported*

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

this is a thing that exists unironically

lol

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

Porque no los dos? *gets deported*

*is the scared white man who called ICE*

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Holy poo poo this is all real.

lol

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I need a copy of this so I can frame it. Fukken LOL

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Lmbo

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Easy-D is going to be fuckin' pissed tomorrow morning. It's going to be great. I am trying to purge all the lols out of my system in anticipation for tomorrow's lol-storm.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I like some of the headlines I'm reading. Essentially boils down to, "Trump not getting his way, will keep Obamacare in place in fit of rage." It would seem Trump does not even understand ACA or the proposed replacement, which makes the lols all that much better.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

emoji posted:

It's still not funny. And it's meaningless because the same exact content get heavily upvoted or downvoted depending on planetary alignment and the fickleness is a meme.

Reddit also has an algorithm for screwing with the vote totals to mask attempts to pad posts one way or the other, so those numbers aren't anywhere close to accurate.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

is there a real chance Easy D won't see that front page? Please please Easy D please see that front page.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

quote:

She then reached her hand across the table and, rather than the steak, picked up the roughly seven-inch-long decorative scallion resting on top. Then she tilted her head back and put it in her mouth, like a sword swallower on Coney Island or a snake eating a mouse. About ten minutes later she remarked that she thought it was a piece of asparagus.

Play posted:

i have nothing to add here, :lol::lol::lol:
I. thought. that. was. a. joke.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
I'm still not sure if I even believe that. It probably happened but my brain doesn't want to believe it.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Should be an interesting morning of The Donald's signature tweetstorm

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
:stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
what on earth is "FINE WE'LL JUST LEAVE OBAMA CARE THEN" even supposed to accomplish

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Arrhythmia posted:

what on earth is "FINE WE'LL JUST LEAVE OBAMA CARE THEN" even supposed to accomplish

hearty lols

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

Accomplish? This government?

Donald Trump is potus lmao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Skypie posted:

Accomplish? This government?

Donald Trump is potus lmao

lol whoops yeah i forgot that hahaha

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
lmao Easy-D is not accustomed to his "deals" being so painfully open to very public criticism and eventual failure. He's going to blow a gasket.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

80s power moves like not bringing enough chairs to the meeting or continually offering more cocaine until they pass out dont work anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

FuhrerHat posted:

80s power moves like not bringing enough chairs to the meeting or continually offering more cocaine until they pass out dont work anymore