Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Not recalling if it was on the IGN 100 tips list, but today I used a firewand on tall grass next to a cliff and started a fire that caused an updraft. I jumped into it and deployed my glider and shot up like 75 feet and didn't have to climb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

So to fix my network connection I restarted the Switch. I still had to cancel my golf download and then redownloaded it, that finally fixed my problem

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I've literally cried over whether or not to purchase this golf game today, christ.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Hopefully you bought it, because it is super chill

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I'm never buying golf game and you can't make me change.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Takoluka posted:

Hopefully you bought it, because it is super chill

Still weighing the pros and cons, I called my dad about it earlier and he doesn't play games. I almost traded in my switch after work just to not have to deal with this.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I am not buying the golf game.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's whether you should buy golf game or not:

A. Do you like golf unironically?
B: do you like golf when it's serious?

If either is true Buy golf.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Calaveron posted:

Just applied the amFilm screen protector. Normally feel like a brain surgeon missing one finger whenever I try to apply a protector to any expensive electronic, but this was super painless, easy, and the screen looks really good. Hopefully some shoe won't drop soon and it turns out that it will cause my switch to melt when docked or something

Same, I even accidentally hosed it up with spontaneously appearing dog hair (should have used the hot shower trick, whoops) and managed to fix it (mostly), with the only casualty being a corner way off on the bezel not adhering where I pried it up. And I've got a spare if I really care enough to try again.

The only slight downside is that it's turned the switch dock from "perfect fit" to "slightly snug", so if you have a dock that's already scratching the screen I'd get that fixed sooner rather than later or it'll probably scratch the screen protector even harder.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
With the Switch looking like it's going to do better than the Wii U, I wonder if that means we will get Sega VC again. I really hope adding online play is going to be a standard thing for Switch VC and not just some games.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Just buy the dang golf game.

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/844929659477274624

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Are any of the neo Geo games out right now vertical space shooters?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

parallelodad posted:

Are any of the neo Geo games out right now vertical space shooters?

god the Switch would be perfect for Tate.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

If I buy the golf game on the Japanese eShop but play it on my American account, will it be the English version of the game like Disgaea 5?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

DoctorWhat posted:

god the Switch would be perfect for Tate.

I would buy Raiden II so fast

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quidthulhu posted:

If I buy the golf game on the Japanese eShop but play it on my American account, will it be the English version of the game like Disgaea 5?

Just buy the English one?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Empress Brosephine posted:

Just buy the English one?

I have 9 bucks on the JPN eShop from when I bought Disgaea 5, I want to use it!

e: Just went and did it myself. Opening screen is in English and lets you choose between Japanese & English versions in original mode, plus HI SCORE & CARAVAN. Best console, man, this is Region Free EXXTREME

Quidthulhu fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Mar 24, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Were there even any Neo Geo shooters that use a tate orientation? I dunno if publishers would ever go for it because you probably shouldn't support the weight of the tablet on a joycon at the bottom.

Edit: Resting your index fingers half way up the Switch gives good support, but I'm sure they wouldn't trust everyone to do that.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Mar 24, 2017

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

As much as tate mode would be cool. I don't think Nintendo would officially support it as I bet they didn't account for people to hold their Switches on a single pivot point that is the Joy-Con rail.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

You know even the golf game lets you rotate the screen if you want, right?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I bet homebrewing with MAME and a 3D printed tate side-rail solution is a part of this machine's future.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Playtonic really couldn't figure out that Jontron was a racist goofball from his bizarre rants where he yelled "NIGGERS!" on Game Grumps years ago? It was tweeting that pushed things over the edge?

I LOVE Neo Turf Masters but I'll wait for confirmation that it doesn't have horrible input/sound lag like Metal Slug 3.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Is anyone else having issues accessing the eShop? Specifically Aussies?

Teenage Fansub posted:

I bet homebrewing with MAME and a 3D printed tate side-rail solution is a part of this machine's future.

Remember the iCade?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Infinitum posted:

Is anyone else having issues accessing the eShop? Specifically Aussies?

Got me golf game in NZ, which is probably the same servers.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

gently caress I finally got it after seeing that sample image like a dozen times today, did Randy Travis play golf in a Japanese video game in the 90's?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
just downloaded NEO TURF MASTERS, can confirm it allows for rotating and scaling the screen. it's also extremely my poo poo, aesthetically, and even allows simulation of not just scanlines, but rolling CRT lines too.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If you don't play as Thomas the Technician in Turf Masters, you don't know what you're doing.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Teenage Fansub posted:

If you don't play as Thomas the Technician in Turf Masters, you don't know what you're doing.

Can confirm The Technician is the secret best top tier pick.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Apparently bomberman r is now almost 10 bux after shipping.... is it still worth that amount or should I just save it for something else??

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Apparently bomberman r is now almost 10 bux after shipping.... is it still worth that amount or should I just save it for something else??

Where is it that price?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I would also like it for 10 bucks.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Online play seems to have issues about 75% of the time I've tried playing. I've had incredibly laggy matches with players close to me and I've had flawless matches with 6 other Japanese players, so I honestly have no clue what causes the issues. If the developers can actually fix the broken online multiplayer, it is absolutely worth that price. If it remains broken forever, it really depends on the number of controllers you have access to and how much you think you'd enjoy a Bomberman campaign with ~50 levels and co-op play. Personally, I think it's pretty good and, when the online works, there isn't currently a better multiplayer game on the Switch. When it doesn't, it's a broken mess and not worth the time you spent looking for a game (usually isn't long, less than a minute).

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

For real for 10bux I'll try it and hope they manage to unfuck it..somehow.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

ya I'm sure Bomberman is down to $10, just like noted poo poo-game Zelda. It's a scam

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Katana Gomai posted:

ya I'm sure Bomberman is down to $10, just like noted poo poo-game Zelda. It's a scam

$10 Zelda scam eh? Go big or go home.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

There was a moron on reddit the other day (who'd have thought?) who tried to make a point about the Switch being a failure since all of its games were "already in the $15 bargain bin." :eng99:

Apparently amazon.com is just bad about deleting scam offers

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Hmm okay, I was suspicious of even the $15+shipping on Amazon listings, but it was somewhat believable at least for Bomberman being that low on a secondary market. Didn't know it could be common for other games, too. Weird that they chose bomberman of all things to scam people, lol.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Hmm okay, I was suspicious of even the $15+shipping on Amazon listings, but it was somewhat believable at least for Bomberman being that low on a secondary market. Didn't know it could be common for other games, too. Weird that they chose bomberman of all things to scam people, lol.

It sounds more believable than something like Zelda though.

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

It's cool how one of them is just called "StealKeepers".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: Solution to Switch not connecting to the eShop :siren:

You need to RESTART the Switch.

Steps
1.) On the Home screen HOLD down the power button and a menu will appear
2.) Select Power Options
3.) Select Restart (Or Power Off)
4.) Switch will restart and you'll be able to connect to the eShop again!

Sleep mode will NOT fix this, it has to be a proper restart or power cycle.

I tried manual DNS settings, turning on my old 2.4Ghz wifi, tethering to my phone, etc, etc.
Just needed a restart

:v:

• Locked thread